It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squadron Of UFOs ! awesome video 2009 USA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
First of all, anyone can have his/her own opinion and state it, but considering that those that do not share their opinion can only be deluded or less intelligent is not the way of doing it.

I haven't seen the video yet, but judging by the answers posted we do not have enough information to be sure of anything.

For example, some people say the lights move too fast to be lanterns, some people say that they move too fast. If two people that do not agree with the lantern explanation base their opinions in different interpretations of the same data (the speed of the movement of the lights), how can anyone be sure of anything?

Also, we should avoid dividing the people that post on this or any thread in one of two sides, "believers" and "debunkers", that will only be a way of creating a bigger stress and radicalisation of positions from people that consider themselves on one of those sides.

So, lets focus on the video, on what we can see, try to know where and when it was really made and try to get the most data we can.

OK?

Now I'm going to see the video.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
After viewing this disappointing video I'm not about to sift through seven pages of posts, so apologies if I echo other posters.

This is either at a camping site or an overnight camping event (such as a festival), that alone should ring alarm bells. One voice is heard to say 'we saw some last year as well'. If you do some research you will find such events and campsites are hotspots for these types of sightings (and videos). They are also hotspots for people setting off chinese lanterns. Please guys be a bit more objective.

This is yet another chinese lantern event and the use of the word 'AWESOME' has become embarrasing on this site. Did someone change the definition of the word in a dictionary or something? How does this warrant so many flags and stars?

Well I guess this is comfort for the elites as they will know that ignorance and gullibility are still never in short supply, here (ATS), in the US, and in the populus in general.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I've never seen a Chinese Lantern. So do I have any empirical evidence they exist? I can say I've only seen videos and websites. Are the videos real? I've seen the same for UFOs.

I've seen several unmistakable UFO's in person, so as each has experience, so they can judge the veracity of a video? Not really, but I know there are things that we cannot explain flying in our skies.

I can assume both are possible. No evidence either way, but the observers might have better data. Yes they can be fooled, and are in most cases. But not all.

I know the physics of a lantern (candle flame+heat causing lift in lighter than air bag with contained air volume/ dynamic depending on air temp differential.) Ive seen websites for sales for those. So can we prove they where such in this case? No. It is no more certain than if it was speculated it was a alien ship. So, Schrodinger's Cat would tell you it is both or all the possibilities until experienced directly.

I have never seen or heard of a variable bright source and propulsion unit for lanterns. Balloons maybe, but you would see reflection from the balloon. Even if black. (remember the Moon is black as pitch but you see it.). Love to see such a lantern with lights and propulsion. It could solve many cases I have seen.

As someone who investigates will tell you, in each case, and in any purely visible sighting, all you have is the dynamic of the visual experience. Attaching ANY definitive to it "it probably is.."Oh, its just a..." is nonsense and not science. All you can do is speculate on the visual aspects. You can expect to be wrong most of the time.

It is, in any such case a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object). Was it an alien, Chinese Lantern, dust on the lens?... all speculative at best.

I gave my assessment based on what I saw in the video. They did not look like lanterns to me. Unidentified is the only classification I would give without more data showing otherwise.

ZG

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
"Great show...Yea" then the crowd applause. Sounds as if they expected some type of "show" and how do they know it is the "end of the show?" at the point when they applaud? In order for a crowd to applaud they have to be in foreknowledge that what they are watching is staged like a show or demonstration. Very cheesy video in all with well placed people making comments close to the camera/mic for obvious reasons/intentions. The objects that appear to dip and move is always at the end of the camera being refocused to give the appearance that the objects are moving when they are not. This is a common trick when filming at night due to no other objects can see in the same frame as the filmed object(s) therefore making them seem to swish and move at high velocities. I agree, the trailer park must have had a nice party that night

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
I agree, the trailer park must have had a nice party that night

It wasn't a trailer park.. they were at the UFO Days Festival Skywatching Event.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

I think all the lights are almost stopped (if not completely stopped), the person with the camera is the responsible for most of the movement.

I don't think they look like Chinese lanterns, the light looks too bright when compared with other lights, but the very slow (or absent) movement is natural for a lantern.

Here is a brightened (and resized, the original is only 320x218) version of the video, I hope it helps.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
Here's a screen shot. I say it's definitely a reflection of chinese lanterns off some swamp gas, no doubt.

Also if you scroll the video to around 3:52, on the bottom right a light appears from nowhere, so I guess they make chinese lanterns that ignite by themselves in mid-air.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1ae06fb94f5.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Freezer]

Off of swamp gas??? In Wisconsin??? Oh my...I almost fell to the floor laughing at this hilarious attempt to sound knowledgeable. Hey, I wonder if there's swamp gas in Antarctica as well!!!

[edit on 16-11-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
No skeptic here I know they are lantern by the way the acted and you can buy them in 3 packs. Like I said before go buy some lanterns and try it yourself. Just keep out of northwest Indiana thats where I'm having my fun.

Interesting, because I've used Chinese lanterns as well to cross reference them with real footage. And I'm in Bloomington Indiana. Not a single Chinese lantern that I or my friends have ever used in our experiments have behaved in this manner. NOT ONE. So, I'd love to see you video tape one of your chinese lanterns, put it on ATS, and see if they behave anything like what we see in this video. If they do, then I'll give you credence and drop the whole thing. As a matter of fact, for all of those out there who claim that these are Chinese Lanterns, I propose the same experiment to you. Get them, film them, and then post them to prove your absolute surety in your theories.

My guess is that many of you will be REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN YOUR FINDINGS.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by jkrog08

Just curious... what exactly would constitute the genuine article. How would a UFO... supposedly a machine from another world piloted by either aliens or their programming, behave in flight? What known factors would separate their flight characteristics from that of a lantern or even a seagull carrying a six pack of beer?

The point I was making on my previous comment, and here as well, is that we are dealing with an unknown so, we don't really have any common frames of reference to apply when judging these things from this remote perspective.

What, in fact, would have made this vid believable? If the lights had shot into the air and disappeared, someone would have by now called it cgi. If they move slowly, they are lanterns.

I don't think we have the first clue... and that includes me as well.

I think we are just so worried about someone pulling a hoax on us, we're ready to deny everything just to cover our behinds.

What WE HAVE is an obvious attempt at passing something mundane off as UFOs in my opinion. I do not think I EVER said anything else in relation to your response to my post that is relevant to respond to.

AGAIN, based upon MY JUDGEMENTS, I feel this case is nothing unusual and is a waste of time, I would be very glad to be proven wrong, but I doubt this will go any further.

[edit on 11/15/2009 by jkrog08]

If you find it a waste of time, why are you still here? So leave already.

Personally I don't really believe in UFO's as in Aliens. I think UFO's are a product of the government experimenting with new top secret planes; or for that matter, weapons.

I can't tell you what they are, but I can tell you with some certainly what they are not. And lanterns, balloons are not plausible explanations for what they are. But hey, this is my opinion, and I find the video interesting to say the least.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Looks like "lanterns" to me. Not saying they "are" but when 1000s of hoaxes out there are using them, single lights in the sky that float slowly/lowly across the horizon just can't be used to prove anything.

So...what is more likely? The 10,000th hoax created with lanterns that look identical to these? Or...this is the real deal alien crafts we ALL hope to see good images of?

Not saying they ARE NOT alien craft...just saying that if alien ships looked exactly like "blue birds", then you can't really invest much attention into every picture/recording of a blue bird being a UFO...cus really, there would always be way MORE blue birds then there would be film of real UFO-alien-craft-bluebirds.

Yknow?

If these are "not" lanterns...it will do no one any good, seeing as they behave, look and seem in every way to be lanterns.

Just my thoughts.

PS-In no way am I saying these are "without a doubt" lanterns, or that you wasted anyones time posting this. I enjoy seeing all these clips no matter what the deal turns out to be. S&F

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

I agree. I'm sure they're lanterns. That seems pretty obvious to me by the way they flash before going out. The candle is struggling to keep going but can't so it dies.

That said, just cause they are Chinese Lanterns doesn't mean it's a hoax and I'm sure all, or at least 99% of the other lantern vids were not hoax's either. Why do you jump to that conclusion?

People are setting off lanterns all over the place for many different and legitimate reasons, such as weddings, such as for a small light show. Not for hoax's

EDIT: Wanted to say though, did you hear that obnoxious little brat, "I need a poncho, damnit!!"
What a little get! The fathers response was simply "OK, I'll get you one". If I had spoken to my parents, or any adult like that when I was a kid, I would have got a clip round the ear and been in a lot of trouble! I hear many American kids behaving in this way and not getting pulled up on it. Are American kids more spoilt and disrespectful than other nations? Surely not but I've seen and heard a lot of spoilt brats who were American.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by triplesod]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
reply to post by GideonHM

That was an excellent post. Great delivery and well thought out. I'm glad that others are trying to logically break down the constant debunking tactics that are rampant on ATS. It was a pleasure to read your post. Keep it up.

Since I couldn't have put it any better myself I hope you don't mind if I quote you as a way of showing appreciation for EvolvedMinistry's original post.

Hat's off to you sir

As far as the video goes, there could literally be a million and one mundane explanations for it. However, just because you can come up with a 'normal' explanation that might fit SOME of the facts, it doesn't mean that you could be completely wrong in your assessment. Anything can be explained away. It doesn't mean the explanation is the correct one.

I don't know what those people are seeing... but whatever it is they found it amazing and different enough to get very excited and amazed by it. They were there, and all who have commented within this thread were not. I think I'll lean towards thinking they saw something wonderful they probably couldn't explain rather than some of the 'explanations' proffered by 'The Skeptics Who always know better than the actual witnesses'

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
How are the flashing images shown in the OPs video different from the flashesin this video?

www.youtube.com...

EDIT: Cant get it to embed for some reason..

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm probably very stupid for this but there are extra-terrestrial beings amonge us. Don't bother to say otherwise because I will probably never come back to this thread.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

I've never seen lanterns: Stop, Flash (an immensely bright light), and then continue moving along.

What a coincidence...

I've seen lanterns before and these definitley don't exhibit those similarities.

As for your remark about American children.... Atleast these American parents don't express violence towards their children.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The youtube link says 2002... is this 7 years old?

As for what it is, I still don't think they are lanterns. I've seen plenty of videos of such, including the festival pictures where thousands of these buggers are released and filmed until they disappear from sight. Not a single one in any of those videos flashed like a strobe light. Nor was stationary, and then apruptly went very quickly.

While these may be very explainable, I still boggle at those who KNOW they are lanterns.. even though I've yet to see them behave like that, in any video I have seen. I dunno what they are, but don't look like lanterns to me.

Also, to whoever said the bright flickering is the candle going out. Seriously?
The flickering is due to the flame dying. It doesn't magically get stronger than before. The flickering is because it's almost dying, due to lack of air, short wick, water or something else. They don't suddenly flash BRIGHTLY as they are going out. Have you seen a flashlight low on batteries suddenly get brighter just before dying? No? Yea.. same principle.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

I agree, the trailer park must have had a nice party that night

It wasn't a trailer park.. they were at the UFO Days Festival Skywatching Event.

Trailer Park was used as a metaphor. However, after watching this video several more times any hint of authenticity just can't be observed. Again I refer to the end applause of the crowd as if they expected or knew, the "show" was over. The nature of the event itself (UFO event) raises even more questions and concerns. What are the probabilities that during a once a year limited timed event to watch for UFOs that any would actually show up?! The camera zooming in & out makes the objects appear to be moving faster than they really were in the video. I just can't buy into this one (even though I want to) I just can't right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think it was moving fairly quickly, and the camera had nothing to do with this. There is no way that person could run left or right fast enough to generate that effect. Up and down, sure. But when it flies over the structure, it's doing a fair clip.

Are we certain it's a UFO event? The youtube title says 2002.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The nature of the event itself (UFO event) raises even more questions and concerns. What are the probabilities that during a once a year limited timed event to watch for UFOs that any would actually show up?! The camera zooming in & out makes the objects appear to be moving faster than they really were in the video. I just can't buy into this one (even though I want to) I just can't right now.

An event that had Hot Air Balloons, Helicopter rides, Fireworks, and people watching the skies for UFOs.. I would cry foul if a video like this DIDN'T show up!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
READ THIS!

We view monkeys in the same way aliens view us. We observe monkeys in their natural habitat and experiment on the in labs. And aliens observe us in our natural habitat and experiment on us. We do not seek out every monkey and tell them we are more intelligent. As the aliens do not need to tell every human that they exist.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
To me, they look just like all these spheres that keep showing up on photographs and video's. I've seen them white in color and silver/metalic. I've seen them with my own eyes in the sky, during the day. I don't know how anyone could mistake these for lanterns.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join