It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squadron Of UFOs ! awesome video 2009 USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Wow, mass stupidity... heh
It's amazing to me just how many people "want" to believe that there are Aliens visiting Earth...

Looking at the video and the people's reactions and READ THIS NEXT PART "The Dogs excitment reacting to the human excitment" yes the Dogs are active because of all the people making noise and commotion and the kids are excited because the Adults are excited, it's funny. They are feeding into each other. So you could call this mass hysteria basically.

They are all focusing on the same thing, believing what they are seeing...

When really they should be seeing what this is likely to be, which is some man made expose`...

Anybody could be putting something up in the air, and of course the added benifit of a "night-time" presentation just adds the cherry on the top...

This might as well be a perfectly timed fireworks show.

Either that or Aliens just seem to know alot about humans, namely that we are facinated by lights in a dark sky...

Everytime I see lights from an airplane on the horizon, i don't slam on my brakes and jump out of the car in awe...

Whew... so ridiculous.

Now I'm a skeptic, which is the healtheist frame of mind to be in, i do believe there is life elsewhere in the Universe, since we are HERE, this is proof that it is possible.

I'm also aware of how rare life seems to be in regards to the rest of the Solar system, and the Universe.

I think what drives these people is the wanting to not be alone in the rest of the Universe. I can assure you though that if we did make contact with anything as intelligent or more so than us, in the same room we would still more than likely be alone... I doubt we would have anything even remotely in common with each other in all manner of probabilities, mental, moral, physical, etc...

We probably would not even breathe the same air.

The last thing I'd like to add, that i always say is that if we indeed were being visited by Aliens from another world, we would know about it. There would be no "just out of reach " mysteries to solve or light phenomen riddles to try to piece together.

WE WOULD KNOW.

[edit on 11/15/2009 by Brainiac]

[edit on 11/15/2009 by Brainiac]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
One guy said they have been going there for 10 or 12 years and they always see these thins.. is that right?.. and to me they do seem to wink out like lanterns would.. we have the date and time.. Do we have a location? Perhaps this is part of a Chinese ritual that can be traced.

Also. perhaps we could dig up video of known lanterns being released and compare videos.

Here's one
www.bendecho.com...

Perhaps small group in the U.S. was celebrating this festival at the same time.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
wow...white dots in the sky. Must be UFO...what else could it be?

at least americans still have a good imagination.

amazing that such a obscure video takes precedence over all other issues being posted on ATS.

Leadership is lacking./

[edit on 15-11-2009 by allclear]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ok, seriously, is nobody on this thread going to look at that 10 second stretch of video from :30 to :40 and tell me that the flashing one doesn't seem to hover for several seconds and then stop flashing and exit stage right at a velocity that is decidedly FAR from hovering?

Look at how stationary it is from :30 to :35, and then how far away from that position it is by :40. Use the roof of that building as a reference point.

Honestly, somebody on here must be interested in telling me I'm wrong

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
And if possible, could someone please track down a video of known Chinese lanterns flashing like that? An example of that would go a long way toward convincing people that that's what these lights are.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think the video shows the Marfa lights in Marfa, Tx. There's plenty of clues in the video that lead me to believe this. Marfa is located in far West Texas and is fairly well known for the lights phenomenon. The geology of the area is mostly volcanic basalt with high concentration of quartz minerals. The first recorded sightings date back to the late 19th century but the native people in the area have stories about the lights that date further back.

I've been to the area many times and although I've definitely seen some strange lights out there I'm confident that it's some kind of natural phenom.

Marfa lights info

Marfa Lights Tourist page

Marfa Lights Wiki

More Marfa Lights Video

It's a great show to witness I'm told.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Floating lanterns released from someone's back yard some distance away.

Flashing could easily be explained by a flickering flame.

Appears it was some group get-together of UFO believers. Someone knows the group is there and decided to mess with them maybe. I heard someone on the film mention the same thing happened last year. Could be a family sets off these lanterns at the same time every year in recognition of some event, such as a loved one(s) death.

I'm skeptical to say the least. Yellowish "flame-like" glow coming from floating orbs all entering the skyline from the same place and following along roughly the same path . . .

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Ok, seriously, is nobody on this thread going to look at that 10 second stretch of video from :30 to :40 and tell me that the flashing one doesn't seem to hover for several seconds and then stop flashing and exit stage right at a velocity that is decidedly FAR from hovering?

Look at how stationary it is from :30 to :35, and then how far away from that position it is by :40. Use the roof of that building as a reference point.

Honestly, somebody on here must be interested in telling me I'm wrong

I saw it too. I noticed that about 3 other times. I'm going to watch it again and point out those times. As a pilot I doubt it was lanterns on a ballon. While windshear is always a possibility chances are though the winds will stay relatively the same in a given period of time. The video is short for the winds to change several times unexpectedly.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that they are 'Lanterns' of any type and also not balloons or flares. ..

It clearly shows intense flashes - around which, if you take a really really close up look, there seems to be a shimmering outline. The kind we see on a hot day in the horizon or around the engines or exhausts of high powered cars.

IMHO, it seems that these flashes are actually the gathering of the energy system that propels these crafts, something like a huge charge that it accumulates just before maybe engaging its ..erm..say 'Hyperdrive' or 'dimensional portal'/'Warp Drive' or whatever.

Plus its also credible because there is a significant amount of people around who are also witness to it. Now, I have an interesting question - This is not the only guy who woulda filmed it - right ?!?
... so if somehow we can get the other peoples footage and compare them with the timeline and events that occur here - I believe we can have a very very Interesting piece of evidence on our hands - further strengthening our case for enforcing disclosure by TPTB.
A great piece of footage.

Though it is clearly a group of extraterrestrial vehicles, inasmuch that one thing is clear - they're made for space travel - I cant say 100% for sure its an 'Alien' creation.

It could be a secret advanced tech govt 'black program' type of thingy Like - maybe 'Space command squadron' doing a sortie.

Of course, this is just my $ 0.02.

Ive a feeling that Things are beginning to - and going to get very interesting guys

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that they are 'Lanterns' of any type and also not balloons or flares. ..

It clearly shows intense flashes - around which, if you take a really really close up look, there seems to be a shimmering outline. The kind we see on a hot day in the horizon or around the engines or exhausts of high powered cars.

IMHO, it seems that these flashes are actually the gathering of the energy system that propels these crafts, something like a huge charge that it accumulates just before maybe engaging its ..erm..say 'Hyperdrive' or 'dimensional portal'/'Warp Drive' or whatever.

Plus its also credible because there is a significant amount of people around who are also witness to it. Now, I have an interesting question - This is not the only guy who woulda filmed it - right ?!?
... so if somehow we can get the other peoples footage and compare them with the timeline and events that occur here - I believe we can have a very very Interesting piece of evidence on our hands - further strengthening our case for enforcing disclosure by TPTB.
A great piece of footage.

Though it is clearly a group of extraterrestrial vehicles, inasmuch that one thing is clear - they're made for space travel - I cant say 100% for sure its an 'Alien' creation.

It could be a secret advanced tech govt 'black program' type of thingy Like - maybe 'Space command squadron' doing a sortie.

Of course, this is just my $ 0.02.

Ive a feeling that Things are beginning to - and going to get very interesting guys

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
ooops

my apologies for the double post.

sorry

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The flickering is more akin to a strobe.. there is no way that's a flickering flame. It's far too bright. I really wish people would use their heads instead of trying to instantly debunk with the now popular "lantern" theory. Holy hell, I've been all over the U.S. (and quite a few places outside of it), and I have NEVER seen Chinese lanterns. Yet magically, they are all over the place now. Not to mention the are apparently being released in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night (when most have weddings and such... wait..)

I think while it's likely these are mundane in nature, they are not Chinese lanterns. I have almost no faith in 90% of the skeptics on these boards now. They all jump onto the "lantern" or CGI bandwagon after I'd guess, a few seconds of viewing. Glowing.. in the sky.. clearly, a LANTERN! ugh...

Pity there are not more unbiased, clear-minded folks who can actually research and come to a logical conclusion, instead of leaping onto the "lol bandwagon." "Lol.. lanterns!"

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yes they are chinese lanterns.They are all moving slow nearly the same speed.Some start flashing.Thats candel light doing that.Candels flicker sometimes for no reason.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I just find it odd that they all just appear in the same spot and then just flicker out of existence.

I thought maybe they would shoot off into space.

Unless of course they are inter-dimensional and exited via backdoor.

~ Noah

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Preface: I have had a bit to drink tonight.

Anyways, I routinely scour ATS in the wee hours of the morning where I cannot have my speakers on. Looking at this video with NO SOUND (this may be key) I see nothing but airplanes landing at an airport. They are all coming in on very slight angles towards the mass of lights near the (treeline) on the bottom. The flickering light(s) can be caused by many things ... but most likely the planes just banking and at that angle, close to the horizon, there is a lot of atmospheric dispersion:

see "The Science Of A Star's Twinkle"

I'm not one to normally shout out debunkage like this, but I grew up in the southern suburbs of Chicago and would see planes landing in the sort-of-near distance at Midway airport every day and it looks exactly like this video on a clear summer night with low humidity or most clear winter nights (that is, if I was not being shook horribly horizontally across the horizon in excitement ... like this video is).

Or maybe I am wrong. Either way, back to the sauce I go.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
The flickering is more akin to a strobe.. there is no way that's a flickering flame. It's far too bright. I really wish people would use their heads instead of trying to instantly debunk with the now popular "lantern" theory. Holy hell, I've been all over the U.S. (and quite a few places outside of it), and I have NEVER seen Chinese lanterns. Yet magically, they are all over the place now. Not to mention the are apparently being released in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night (when most have weddings and such... wait..)

I think while it's likely these are mundane in nature, they are not Chinese lanterns. I have almost no faith in 90% of the skeptics on these boards now. They all jump onto the "lantern" or CGI bandwagon after I'd guess, a few seconds of viewing. Glowing.. in the sky.. clearly, a LANTERN! ugh...

Pity there are not more unbiased, clear-minded folks who can actually research and come to a logical conclusion, instead of leaping onto the "lol bandwagon." "Lol.. lanterns!"

They really are all over the place (here in the UK anyway). I have probably seen around 100 in the last 3 years (saw 2 last night while cutting bathroom tiles in the garden).
As for your comment about them being let off at night well they are designed for that very purpose.
You said yourself that you have never seen one but can state that the lights in the video are not lanterns.Believe me they look and behave like standard chinese lanterns.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
Preface: I have had a bit to drink tonight.

Anyways, I routinely scour ATS in the wee hours of the morning where I cannot have my speakers on. Looking at this video with NO SOUND (this may be key) I see nothing but airplanes landing at an airport. They are all coming in on very slight angles towards the mass of lights near the (treeline) on the bottom. The flickering light(s) can be caused by many things ... but most likely the planes just banking and at that angle, close to the horizon, there is a lot of atmospheric dispersion:

see "The Science Of A Star's Twinkle"

I'm not one to normally shout out debunkage like this, but I grew up in the southern suburbs of Chicago and would see planes landing in the sort-of-near distance at Midway airport every day and it looks exactly like this video on a clear summer night with low humidity or most clear winter nights (that is, if I was not being shook horribly horizontally across the horizon in excitement ... like this video is).

Or maybe I am wrong. Either way, back to the sauce I go.

They're are definitely not aircraft on approach into an airport. I've seen it from both ends and that is most certainly what they are not. They would either climbing and moving or descending at a very steady rate.

Some aircraft do have pulsating landing lights, but they don't flash at the frequency you see in this video. The pulsing is slower and is to attract the attention of other pilots and birds. Also you would see the collision avoidance and strobe lights on the wing tips and fuselage. None of that is present in this video.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by av8r007]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Agreed, and on the flip side, I wish there were more who would not instantly jump to "That seals it, you debunkers are fried now!!" bandwagon.

As I said in a previous post, I don't have any idea what they are. Could be UFO, - as in extra terrestrial, not just unknown - could be someones idea of a setup, or a plain old hoax, we can't tell from the video alone.

There were a number of camera flashes during the video. And as the video is over a year old according to another member, to only NOW see this on here, and nothing else to corroborate it, is something to consider.

I don't think they were lanterns, I honestly don't think they are anywhere near as prolific as the videos of lights in the sky, just the common new age swamp gas theory.

Given that there are many unanswered questions, it's one of those ones we'll never know.

Won't stop those yelling "Lanterns!!" or people calling everyone who doesn't believe a plethora of things to battle their opinion. Unfortunately.

I've seen many videos over the years of things in the sky that I cannot explain. Some are certainly very interesting.

I just prefer to keep thinking about possibilities rather than box my mind into a set belief, because there are just too many unanswered questions, especially given the supposed amount of people indicated in this specific clip.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
Yes they are chinese lanterns.They are all moving slow nearly the same speed.Some start flashing.Thats candel light doing that.Candels flicker sometimes for no reason.

I've never seen a candle flicker so accurately due to wind. Usually it is erratic.

However, there are people who set off balloons with LED's inside and a small battery, that may set one up on a relay that causes it to flicker such as in the video.

And some LED's are very bright.

Here is an example of Led Floaties. There are a few coloured ones, but the white or green balloons tend to appear brightest. And when tied together, they appear unusual. This is just an example of what can be done, Im not trying to compare this video with the one in the OP. THe potential however is obvious.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
These are not lanterns!

This is like the 40's and 50's all over again, when every UFO sightings was passed off as venus, swamp gas, and other stupid things.

I have seen lanterns, they move fast, they dont just stop, and move, and then go again, and they do not decide to flash either.

What next? Is everyone going to start calling the phoneix lights chinese laterns aswell?

Maybe a hermit living up in the mountains designed some remote controlled balloons filled with glowing bugs fly hover in a boomerang shape.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join