It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squadron Of UFOs ! awesome video 2009 USA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
An interesting point to take from this video is the fascination that people display when they are confronted by these kinds of things. I've seen either invigoration and fascination or fear from the people around me that have seen ufos. The wonder is the aspect that is hard to hoax, and I think you can hear it the crowd.

This means nothing in accordance to what those lights are though.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Me personally (without going into great detail unnecessarily here), I think it is a HOAX/MISIDENDIFICATION....The way all the lights arrived, moved, and were ordered appears to me to be lanterns or something similar. Of course there is no way for me to tell by just the viewing of the video but I see nothing here worthy of further debate. Considering the predictive patterns of the "light appearances" I feel (IMHO) this is a blatant HOAX, but that may just be me. I would be glad if anyone else feels this video worthy to spend time further researching, but I do not, I see nothing here past a likely mundane explanation....Sorry...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
why are they so excited about lanterns floating in the air?

Or is it they're so excited to explain it away as something else lol

sounds like the camera guy wet his pants...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The way all the lights arrived, moved, and were ordered appears to me to be lanterns or something similar. Of course there is no way for me to tell by just the viewing of the video but I see nothing here worthy of further debate. Considering the predictive patterns of the "light appearances" I feel (IMHO) this is a blatant HOAX, but that may just be me.

Just curious... what exactly would constitute the genuine article. How would a UFO... supposedly a machine from another world piloted by either aliens or their programming, behave in flight? What known factors would separate their flight characteristics from that of a lantern or even a seagull carrying a six pack of beer?

The point I was making on my perevious comment, and here as well, is that we are dealing with an unknown so, we don't really have any common frames of reference to apply when judging these things from this remote perspective.

What, in fact, would have made this vid believable? If the lights had shot into the air and disappeared, someone would have by now called it cgi. If they move slowly, they are lanterns.

I don't think we have the first clue... and that includes me as well.

I think we are just so worried about someone pulling a hoax on us, we're ready to deny everything just to cover our behinds.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

I've never seen lanterns: Stop, Flash (an immensely bright light), and then continue moving along.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Did you take this recording your self or did you find it on youtube?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What a great video ... as others have said the excitement of the crowd was infectious.

My initial thought was lanterns until the last one coming in from the left seems to stand static then drop a little ... then correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like a couple of the lights came back towards the last one.

Now I'm no expert but can lanterns change direction like that ?

Or did I just see something that wasn't even there ?

Either way I loved it ... thanks for sharing.

Woody

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
One of the more stable and focused pieces I have seen in a while. Lanterns or not, this was a good UFO video in my book.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's a tad disturbing how quickly people flock into these threads to post "Lanterns lol" as if on cue. Every time a video comes up, these people immediately post such replies.

I don't see anything claiming they are definitively alien in origin. Other than they are glowing in the sky, what makes you think they are lanterns? They exhibit some tendencies which are very un-lantern like.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
YEP!!!

I have to give credit where credit is due. Not only do they have this on tape, there are several witnesses who are also watching it, and you can tell that whatever it is...IT AIN'T CONVENTIONAL.

For the skeptics...You've been silenced. There is an entire crowd witnessing the same thing and it would be rather frikkin' hard to pull this off as a hoax. This isn't faked, there aren't any FAA lights and they are moving quite erratically.

The only hoax here would be inside the minds of the fools who cannot accept this as a reality. EXCELLENT!!! SIMPLY EXCELLENT!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Looks like "lanterns" to me. Not saying they "are" but when 1000s of hoaxes out there are using them, single lights in the sky that float slowly/lowly across the horizon just can't be used to prove anything.

So...what is more likely? The 10,000th hoax created with lanterns that look identical to these? Or...this is the real deal alien crafts we ALL hope to see good images of?

Not saying they ARE NOT alien craft...just saying that if alien ships looked exactly like "blue birds", then you can't really invest much attention into every picture/recording of a blue bird being a UFO...cus really, there would always be way MORE blue birds then there would be film of real UFO-alien-craft-bluebirds.

Yknow?

If these are "not" lanterns...it will do no one any good, seeing as they behave, look and seem in every way to be lanterns.

Just my thoughts.

PS-In no way am I saying these are "without a doubt" lanterns, or that you wasted anyones time posting this. I enjoy seeing all these clips no matter what the deal turns out to be. S&F

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

You're lost. I really don't want to get in a war here over this, and you are welcome to your own opinion but, if you were anal probed while completely conscious you would still be passing it off as an illusion.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Great find
This video is awsome. Any info. on where this was filmed ? S+F

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Edit: never mind.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by dwiggen]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta
reply to post by cosby

No I dont see any comparison with Chinese Lantarns.

It looks quite genuine due to the people who filmed it and the crowd but ..... it could be a trick off lights just above the night horizon .... flashlights .... who knows?

Peace!

Flashlights??? I think you need to get your depth perception checked, then re-review the video, and then take your last statement back so that way it doesn't sound so embarrassing to your intelligence and ours. And where would they be hanging flashlights from per se??? THE MOON??? THE STARS??? I got it, maybe they were flying monkeys with floodlights attached to their heads. Sounds plausible to me...

Sorry to sound insulting, and maybe I should take my statement back, but, I simply cannot believe that anyone actually offered flashlights as an explanation.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's too soon to label this as a hoax. I just hope this is not a blair with project type of stunt.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tek-Neek55
"I NEED A PONCHO DAMNIT!"

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Tek-Neek55]

Dad: Allllright, I'll get one for you.

Haha, that was funny!

Great video, seems real! Like everyone says, the crowd is very convincing! If this WAS staged & scripted, bless the wo/man who wrote the, "I NEED A PONCHO DAMNIT" part!

No seriously, faking what happened there. I don't really think so. The only thing that IS annoying, is that I have never seen a PROPER picture/video with high resolution.

I also believe that if such a photo/video existed, the majority would immidiately say it's fake, lol!

To me: IT'S REAL!

[edit on 15-11-2009 by SalkinVictory]

[edit on 15-11-2009 by SalkinVictory]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StumpDrummer
Looks like floating lanterns and some type of strobe light set up on radio control to turn it on and off

Yeah...WOW!! What an explanation!!! How simple. Why didn't I think of that??? I guess my idea of the flying monkeys with floodlights strapped to their heads was way off.

And a remote control...that's brilliant!!! All of this so that they could get a bit of video on youtube. Obviously they had to get the whole trailer park full of people in on it, and then they had to let the lanterns off MILES away (ooops...I forgot about the idea of the remote control.) I guess that would almost be useless at such a distance wouldn't it??? Unless of course, they spent thousands upon thousands of dollars to get one that could span quite a few miles. But sadly, as we know, trailer park people aren't really that affluent...are they??? they would have had to sell the whole damn park just to make that happen. Or, this could be a vacation spot for somewhat middle class people with a bit more money...hmmm, but, I doubt middle class people have the volition to do such a thing (you know...walk miles and miles to let off some lanterns just so that they could hurry back and film them.) So...I'm just going to have to go back to the flying monkeys theory.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Mr Mask

They don't *have* to be alien in origin...i'd say all good,well documented ufo footage is terrestrial in origin. In any case, i'd say this video is either an unintentional hoax or intentional. I just don't get a genuine vibe to it...not very scientific but the best i can do. Not convincing to say the least.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Solomons]

Your reply wasn't very convincing or genuine either. As a matter of fact, I can't prove that you're lying, but, I have the distinct feeling that you are. Whether intentionally or unintentionally, you shouldn't mislead impressionable people that may be reading this post. Personally, I think to hoax such a post is to downgrade and insult fellow ATS'ers who may have had some faith in you. Shameful...just shameful.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Definitely understand what you mean about lanterns, and that would be plausible for me, however lanterns drift in one direction across the water, these moved back and forth.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Looks like lanterns to me...however I would still be pretty freaked out like those guys in the video were, considering I never saw one in person.

Star for finding this though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join