It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care- Now(Passed)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by Tyr Sog

I absolutely agree and the only thing i can say about the whole mean and stingy thing, is yeah i work 40 hrs + a week so that i can provide for my family ... not for someone else who doesnt have enough initiative to provide for themselves... worst part is every paycheck i get is spent before it reaches the bank... If i have to pay for health care for me and my wife were screwed id lose my house... and without a legit place to live i will lose my job too... You can call me ill willed and evil and mean... but I don't support this bill because it would literally mean id be digging my own grave.

Ya digging your own grave...

You would be better off getting your coverage dropped when you are rolled in on a gurney, then you won't have to dig.

I remind you, private healthcare at its current rate of inflation will double in seven years and equal the entire GDP of the US in 2080-

I am sure you or your employer can pay $71,000 for your coverage in 2029

Do the math yourself

add 130% on your premium today - your cost in 2019

then add 130% on top of that - your cost in 2029

repeat and repeat -

I think that is the problem everyone is overlooking, sting or none

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
"The House bill is dead on arrival in the Senate," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said dismissively

WASHINGTON (Nov. 8) – The glow from a health care triumph faded quickly for President Barack Obama on Sunday as Democrats realized the bill they fought so hard to pass in the House has nowhere to go in the Senate.

The problem is that the Senate won't run with it. The government health insurance plan included in the House bill is unacceptable to a few Democratic moderates who hold the balance of power in the Senate.
If a government plan is part of the deal, "as a matter of conscience, I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote," said Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut independent whose vote Democrats need to overcome GOP filibusters.
"The House bill is dead on arrival in the Senate," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said dismissively.

Looks like The Senate, for the most part, has already made up their minds on this new Healthcare Bill.

Something deffinately needs to be done about health care and spending, but not at the expense that this new bill is going to cost us Americans.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

All eyes are on Joe.
Long live Joe Lieberman.
He only has to stall until November 2010.
We should retake the House and the Senate.

-------------------------------------------------------
I can see Harry Reid trying a few tricks that shouldn't work
on Joe.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
"The House bill is dead on arrival in the Senate," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said dismissively

WASHINGTON (Nov. 8) – The glow from a health care triumph faded quickly for President Barack Obama on Sunday as Democrats realized the bill they fought so hard to pass in the House has nowhere to go in the Senate.

The problem is that the Senate won't run with it. The government health insurance plan included in the House bill is unacceptable to a few Democratic moderates who hold the balance of power in the Senate.
If a government plan is part of the deal, "as a matter of conscience, I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote," said Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut independent whose vote Democrats need to overcome GOP filibusters.
"The House bill is dead on arrival in the Senate," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said dismissively.

Looks like The Senate, for the most part, has already made up their minds on this new Healthcare Bill.

Something deffinately needs to be done about health care and spending, but not at the expense that this new bill is going to cost us Americans.

well good, I like my healthcare just fine, America doesn't want change anyways, Freedom wins!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

If i were Harry Reid, i would reduce the Senate Health Care Bill
to only 1 page. Tort Reform and everybody gets 1 bottle of
Tylenol. Joe Lieberman could look at that and think "Wow, that
looks harmless enough."
I'm sure Joe would see that when the Senate bill is merged with
the PelosiCare in reconciliation........OOPS! here comes the Public Option /
Canadian Health Care System.... Quick ! race this to the rose
garden at the White House so Obama can sign it!!!

Am i close?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

If i were Harry Reid, i would reduce the Senate Health Care Bill
to only 1 page. Tort Reform and everybody gets 1 bottle of
Tylenol. Joe Lieberman could look at that and think "Wow, that
looks harmless enough."
I'm sure Joe would see that when the Senate bill is merged with
the PelosiCare in reconciliation........OOPS! here comes the Public Option /
Canadian Health Care System.... Quick ! race this to the rose
garden at the White House so Obama can sign it!!!

Am i close?

Oh yes dead on, we will Trillions with tort reform!

God bless America!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The Tort Reform would be ripped out in reconciliation .
Team Obama is in bed with the trial lawyers.
Pigs will fly over the White House before meaningful Tort Reform
is placed in Obamacare.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

And you must have misunderstood me , i dont have healthcare becuase i cant afford it right now... i choose not to spend the money i dont have, but your heroes Pelosi and B.O. will make me pay one way or another

yeah i did the math ... i can be homeless and have coverage or like im doing
now pay off my student and home loans and still have food on the table... As well you think its goi9ng to cost less to have the government run healthcare? you seriously misunderstand the government ... 400 dollar hammers ring a bell?

You can say whatever you like but in the end people will end up homeless because of this bill if it passes.

But hey maybe your one of the few who can afford to pay for someone else... donate to a charity then.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Hell, I will take the jail myself. 3 square meals a day. Get to work out as much as I want. I can sit in there and study while obtaining a degree.
I can get a side job like washing dishes or making liscence plates so I donot get bored. Make plenty of wonderful friends who are of like minded ideals.
One thing that I am sure isgoing to disappoint those on the outside, is that it is going to cost them moer for keeping me in jail, than it would be for this whole healthcare crap. Its really bass-ackwards, but hey, whatever makes them sleep at night knowing Im not running around the streets screaming freedom(they really dont want that).

BUT, you will have to take the vaccines in jail and also what if a plague breaks out and all the guards are gone ? you will be locked in your cell to die. EVER READ "THE STAND" ???

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

And you must have misunderstood me , i dont have healthcare becuase i cant afford it right now... i choose not to spend the money i dont have, but your heroes Pelosi and B.O. will make me pay one way or another

yeah i did the math ... i can be homeless and have coverage or like im doing
now pay off my student and home loans and still have food on the table... As well you think its goi9ng to cost less to have the government run healthcare? you seriously misunderstand the government ... 400 dollar hammers ring a bell?

You can say whatever you like but in the end people will end up homeless because of this bill if it passes.

But hey maybe your one of the few who can afford to pay for someone else... donate to a charity then.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

Oh yes, thanks for pointing out my HERO's, we had dinner last night and they are delightful.

I bet you 100 bucks United Health Care is selling the same hammer for $800

And No I seriously understand health insurance - I do billing ALL DAY LONG.

I am against the mandate and don't think it will float -

Next to that, it is very hard to see so many defending this scam system so they can pay more.

Good luck then -

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz

reply to post by Eurisko2012

Hell, I will take the jail myself. 3 square meals a day. Get to work out as much as I want. I can sit in there and study while obtaining a degree.
I can get a side job like washing dishes or making liscence plates so I donot get bored. Make plenty of wonderful friends who are of like minded ideals.
One thing that I am sure isgoing to disappoint those on the outside, is that it is going to cost them moer for keeping me in jail, than it would be for this whole healthcare crap. Its really bass-ackwards, but hey, whatever makes them sleep at night knowing Im not running around the streets screaming freedom(they really dont want that).

BUT, you will have to take the vaccines in jail and also what if a plague breaks out and all the guards are gone ? you will be locked in your cell to die. EVER READ "THE STAND" ???

In order to save money some prisoners could "accidentally" be
given a fatal vaccine shot. That was tragic but don't bother
suing us. We are the government.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by dnvrliz

In order to save money some prisoners could "accidentally" be
given a fatal vaccine shot. That was tragic but don't bother
suing us. We are the government.

???

That would not be Tort Reform

Bogus

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

SO!! Did the bill pass or not? Ar we required to have healthe insurance, per goverment dictatorhip? Or no?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

no problem! and you didn't go to dinner with them ... you cant sneak that one past me, I know for a fact that Pelosi's stairs are never invited to dinner.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
SO!! Did the bill pass or not? Ar we required to have healthe insurance, per goverment dictatorhip? Or no?

The Senate still has to Vote Yes or No.

If they vote Yes, which is not likely, then the Bill is passed on to The President, where he has the option to either Veto It or Sign it into Law.

Here's THE BEST EVER explination ... They really should bring these type of "commercials" back to the childrens programming blocks.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Detailed Perfection]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

no problem! and you didn't go to dinner with them ... you cant sneak that one past me, I know for a fact that Pelosi's stairs are never invited to dinner.

I showed you the numbers, US will be paying all its GDP to healthcare in 2080 and beyond -ALL THE MONEY CREATED IN A YEAR- and low and behold, you ignore it. Do you understand what that means? You and the rest of your office mates don't seem to give one damn bit about the problem this country is facing. I couldn't show you guys a bigger fire if I threw you in one.

This country will be enslaved 100% by healthcare costs in less then a century

And Crickets...

"It's not me"

"That is total destruction of the US."

"It's not me"

you and many others should deal that into to your thinking pile.

Continue bashing so you do not have to hear what you actually think.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I kinda remember that post but I don't remember you showing anything... You gave an opinion if I remember that post... To say every penny will be spent to pay for healthcare and nothing else... by every person in the United States... is just so stupid on so many levels its not even worth considering. and reads like more shameless propaganda that no one can ever take seriously. And that's probably why no one commented on it... Sorry that is just how I see it.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

How funny... As soon as I saw that picture of your posted youtube... "Its only a Bill" started playing in my head... very funny indeed! Great addition to this thread no doubt... And yes those old commercials really need to come back!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

They can't show those kinds of things anymore. Can you imagine the problems it would cause in this day in age? Educating young minds about the foundations of our country and let alone the one about No More Kings or The Shot Heard Around the World.

After viewing No More Kings, is it just me or does King George III look like a caricature of Pelosi? I mean it predates her but wow is it uncanny. Never mind that the actions look similar.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlebunny

I kinda remember that post but I don't remember you showing anything... You gave an opinion if I remember that post... To say every penny will be spent to pay for healthcare and nothing else... by every person in the United States... is just so stupid on so many levels its not even worth considering. and reads like more shameless propaganda that no one can ever take seriously. And that's probably why no one commented on it... Sorry that is just how I see it.

--Charles Marcello

Propaganda - I'm simply running the numbers of the current inflation.
Hell if it were propaganda, all the more to chop it down and respond.

Now I have you to answer it, and don't cop out with a series of remarks.
You tell ME EXACTLY when Health Care Premiums will level out? Please do

Today, the average cost of a family health insurance offered by an employer is $13,375. That's up 131% over the last decade—a period in which inflation rose only 28%. And one estimate says that if costs continue on their current trajectory, premiums will go up another 166% in the decade ahead.
The data was collected by the Kaiser Family Foundation

Read more: money.blogs.time.com...

SO according to this DATA - Brought to us by the Kaiser Foundation none the less,
We see that premiums have risen 131% in the last decade.

So lets do some simple math here -

One decade from now the current rate of $15,000 a year to cover a family of four

Year - 2019

+ 131% increase as is the trend

= $34,650

Two decades

Year - 2029

+131% increase as is the trend

= $80,041

Three decades

Year - 2039

= $184,894

Four decades

Year - 2049

$427,105

Five decades

Year - 2059

$986,612

So if this system runs the way it has been for the next fifty years a family of four will
be paying $989,612 for coverage

That is $247,403 per person per policy in fifty the year 2059.

$247,403 times a population of 350,000,000( provided population grows slowly )

='s

8.659105 × 10 (13)

This number is so high that the answer above was as good as google could do...

So I want you to show me where my math is wrong?

Give me some propaganda busting on my MATHEMATICS

tell me when this trend is going reverse? Or give me the plan with some detail?

If the general direction of the trend does not raise your concern the god himself could not give you good sense. It is so completely obvious I couldn't illuminate it more with a fire works show. This system will BANKRUPT this nation if things do not change drastically.

Wake up - bust out a calculator - if you are so concerned about this countries well being do some research. IF the truth is ugly don't attack others for it ,

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Janky Red]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Janky Red]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join