It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

As the informed sources have informed "Fraza.ua" , as of today the diagnosis of a pulmonary plague in Ukraine is 100 %confirmed. Meanwhile, to the head physicians of medical institutions the informal order is dispatched – not to spread panic, refute the information on a plague, and speak only about swine flu.

Also in medical institutions anti-plague protective masks and suits will be distributed. There is also an informal order not to let to patients of visitors.

Based on information, today in Ukraine in parallel viruses both a pulmonary plague, and swin flu circulate. From a plague already has died more than 60 persons, and of a swine flu – 14 persons.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano The differences between Hungary/Ukraine might be the perfect example of a mutation happening faster in a vaccinated population than it happens in an unvaccinated population.
Yes it is. Here we have nothing at all. The flu season used to start in October and used to end in November. But nothing happened here at all. We not even had a flu season at all as no one is taking the vaccines, not even the seasonal ones in this year. So if the countries where the people became vaccinated an outbreak will occur as it happened until this time, Hungary is the perfect example to present why the H1N1 appeared in the first place and what the vaccines are causing in the reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
W.H.O claim that Ukraines outbreak is no severe.

This will obviously add to peoples confusions there-who are very used to blame politicians for any problems being suspiciously apportioned to its Politics.

www.kyivpost.com...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by martin3030]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot

As the informed sources have informed "Fraza.ua" , as of today the diagnosis of a pulmonary plague in Ukraine is 100 %confirmed. Meanwhile, to the head physicians of medical institutions the informal order is dispatched – not to spread panic, refute the information on a plague, and speak only about swine flu.

Also in medical institutions anti-plague protective masks and suits will be distributed. There is also an informal order not to let to patients of visitors.

Based on information, today in Ukraine in parallel viruses both a pulmonary plague, and swin flu circulate. From a plague already has died more than 60 persons, and of a swine flu – 14 persons.

Thanks.

According to the Kiev post-the WHO are claiming that theres no reasons to panic ?????????

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What the article is basically saying that 60 of these cases are pulmonary plague. ONly 14 are flu; the authorities will keep this under wraps not to panic people and say that this from the swine flu.
So if we hear that the offical diagnoisis was the swine flu in these deaths we should keep this in mind.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

I have to say that this looks like a tabloid paper's site, but on the other hand you have presented us with a link and a chance to check a source that says there is pneumonic plague in Ukraine.

That's one of the purposes of threads like this: to follow sources that are provided and then draw our own conclusions from them. You've given a source and now it's up to us to decide what to make of it.

So even though I have my own doubts that the source may be accurate, that's not important.

You found it for us and that is important.

I've given your post a star so that (hopefully) members will take notice of it and do their own research. Speaking purely from own perspective, I don't just give stars to posts because I agree with them. Sometimes I don't agree at all. I star them if I think they have something important to add to the thread. Whether I agree with what's said really doesn't matter. Stars help to highlight posts and get the attention of other members.

Just my philosophy on using stars.

Thank you.

Mike

[edit on 2/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

According to your logic, deaths from pneumonic plague will cause less panic than deaths from swine flu.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Pulmonary plague is TB? WTF? Any more reports from the official Health Department or real new agency?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well no if you are in the immediate area then the pnemonic plague will panic people more. It has a higher mortality rate. Other countries may not panic as much since it is not due to swine flu.
I am more worried if it is pnemonic plague and it gets out of the quartined area.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I sent it a friend of mine whos a doctor and knows very fluent Ukrainian. He read the original Ukrainian article and he says its a good source. But he said he did not hear about it from the hospital yet. As he has not been there for the last few days...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
According to the Polish forums, panic has started in the Polish region of Podkarpacie, in the city of Przemyśl due to infection spreading there from Western Ukraine.
forum.interia.pl...

Note: this is UNCONFIRMED. I always add "unconfirmed" to the information that is based on rumours. So do not rush criticising me for something that I clearly state is unconfirmed information.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

CONFIRMED 100%: pneumonic plague in Ukraine.

www.fraza.ua...
www.zhitomir.info...

Doctors to be issued anti-plague protection equipment. Strict quarantine of hospitals enforced.

NOTE: fraza.ua is a major electronic news outlet in Ukraine.

The article claims to have 100% confirmation from "internet sources" while also stating "Meanwhile, the head physician of the medical institutions sent out an informal disposal - not to sow panic, to refute the information about the plague, but to speak only of swine flu."

"The Phrase" is a gossip column also from what I can tell, even it has the government as denying there is a plague outbreak.

It then lists the myriad symptoms of pneumonic plague, most of which have not been described in any of the news reports.

That type of plague doesn't just "appear" - it comes about after a longer outbreak of bubonic plague when the infection spreads into the victim's lungs.

It doesn't add up but it fits the typical course we've seen with swine flu reporting. So far just about every country has under reported the number of deaths while leaving a large number of "unexplained" deaths no one seems interested in diagnosing. I'm still amazed how easy it is for the WHO and media to get away with it, it's like everyone is so focused on the swine flu they just don't care that people are dropping dead left and right - just don't let it be swine flu.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I don't think they are referring to TB. Tuberculosis (pulmonary form) tends to take weeks to months to kill the infected person (if they are not treated). My grandfather's sister died of TB when she was about 23. It took many weeks before she finally passed away.

This disease in Ukraine seems to go from onset to death in less than 4 days in some cases, so it's very unlikely that it's TB.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
4 persons hospitalized with "swine flu" in Przemyśl, Poland, near the border with Ukraine.
wiadomosci.wp.pl...
10-year boy in critical condition after felling ill in in Przemyśl, Poland.
www.nowiny24.pl.../20091102/PRZEMYSL/97169615

The title of the articles say its AH1N1 aka swine flu. But the text of the article says that the samples were sent to Warsaw for analysis and the results of analysis are still unknown.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

Thank you for the report. Also, many thanks for noting it as unconfirmed. There is bound to be a lot of hysteria and just by adding that statement that this is unconfirmed, you are doing your part in the effort to maintain calm.

That's appreciated by many of us.

Mike

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have noticed that the CDC's web site here in the United States is full of a lot of confusing information. It uses words in a way to make the situation confusing. They lump all flus and pnuemonic symptoms together to make the numbers seem higher.
I thought that the flu was being overhyped to justify the need for Obama's health care here in america.
I know it is business as usual here. If it really is as bad everywhere else and we don't know about it then there is no way to control it anymore. If the death rate is higher than even the Spanish Flu then we really need to know what is going on in the Urkarine.
Can they really hide things right in front of us?: I know that on the flu tracker they claim 2525 people have died of the swine flu in Kansas. This was alarming until I found out the true numbers are 12. The rhiza team has even e-mailed their acknowldgement of their inaccuracies yet to refuse to change it.
This whole things is really being overhyped,underhyped and anything in between. It just goes to show you how screwed up this whole situation is.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Pneumonic plague is one of three main forms of plague, all of which are caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis. It is more virulent and rarer than bubonic plague. The difference between the versions of plague is simply the location of the infection. Pneumonic plague is an infection in the lung(s), bubonic plague is an infection of the buboes or lymph nodes, while septicemic plague is an infection in the blood stream. Typically, pneumonic form is due to a secondary spread from advanced infection of an initial bubonic form. Primary pneumonic plague results from inhalation of fine infective droplets and can be transmitted from human to human without involvement of fleas or animals. Untreated pneumonic plague has a very high fatality rate.

This type of plague does occur in E Europe but almost always pops up in Africa. 2000 people have died from it since 2001, for 60 people to be dead from it in the Ukraine would be the worst outbreak of it in recent history.

It's easily diagnosed and treated with antibiotics. The last known outbreak killed 3 people. Why they would take this long to figure it out and allow this many people to die form it just doesn't add up. Plus, it doesn't kill people in 12 hours time, severe swine flu does.

If they really do have that severe of an outbreak they're screwed. Over 100000 infected means close to a 100% fatality rate in the near future and the country will probably be sealed off in complete quarantine.

I seriously, seriously doubt its the plague. They'd better hope and pray its swine flu instead.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

That is awful. I hope it is the swine flu but not a mutation and not a more virulant form. I would not want that many people to die. No matter what it is; it is still serious and scary.
If these really are complications from the swine flu I really better make sure I NEVER get it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Belarus closes schools, extends winter holiday by a week in areas located near the Ukrainian border: Molodechno, Zhlobino, Bobrujsk, Brest region.
The reason given is "acute respiratory ilness".

telegraf.by...

Yesterday, all schools and universities were also closed in Ukraine for three weeks.

Comment: there is very little information coming from Belarus, because there is no free press there. Internet is strictly monitored.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"Pneumonic plague occurs when Y. pestis infects the lungs. This type of plague can spread from person to person through the air. Transmission can take place if someone breathes in aerosolized bacteria, which could happen in a bioterrorist attack. Pneumonic plague is also spread by breathing in Y. pestis suspended in respiratory droplets from a person (or animal) with pneumonic plague. Becoming infected in this way usually requires direct and close contact with the ill person or animal. Pneumonic plague may also occur if a person with bubonic or septicemic plague is untreated and the bacteria spread to the lungs. "

www.bt.cdc.gov...

If it is a bioterrorist attack could it be possible to not have the boubonic form first? Couldn't someone engineer so it would just go straight into the pnuemonic as to confuse those who are trying to diganosis it?

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join