It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I give up trying to figure out how the google map software works. If anyone else has the skills to create an international epidemic tracker, go for it.

It would be really cool if we could track the different waves of different mutations with different colors. Maybe that way we could see if there was a pattern of mutations emerging from areas that were vaccinated, too.

i.e.

-first wave from Mexico = yellow
-first mutation, 2nd wave from Ukraine -=orange
-2nd mutation, 3rd wave from ??? = red

[edit on 2-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just did a quick search of pneumonic plague. Hope this has not been introduced.
Result from National Geographic:

Human lungs are the most terrifying tools of the plague. Pneumonic plague, seen affecting both lung fields in this x-ray, is the only form of plague spread from person to person. It is transmitted by coughs and sneezes. The fatality rate of pneumonic plague is a staggering 95 percent. Treatment can be effective during the first 24 hours of infection, but plague is often mistaken as the flu. Victims are lucky to live more than 48 hours.

science.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
See? This is why posting unconfirmed rumor reports is such a bad idea on ATS. Now in one page the pneumonic plague has somehow become established fact.

For the selective / post skipping readers:
There are no reports of pneumonic plague from anything resembling an official source. In fact, every official source lists the swine flu as the pathogen creating issues in Ukraine and E Europe.

The entire pneumonic plague subject is an Internet rumor, possibly started right here on ATS which is now becoming a self-sustaining Internet legend.

Look at the official statistics and then please, read up on the plague and you will see why it cannot be possibly be the current pandemic agent in that region. The place would resemble London in the movie "28 days" a few hours after the monkey face-biting scene if the plague had infected a quarter of a million people.

There isn't one shred of supporting evidence for this rumor. Nada.

Please try not to propagate the disinfo in the meantime, the WHO is there and should be releasing their own BS report soon.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

For the selective / post skipping readers:
There are no reports of pneumonic plague from anything resembling an official source. In fact, every official source lists the swine flu as the pathogen creating issues in Ukraine and E Europe.

Actually, the term "pneumonic plague" came from reports in the Ukraine, from what I remember reading. However, just because they are using the general term "pneumonic plague" doesn't mean they mean THE pneumonic plague specifically caused by by the bacteria Yersenia pestis.

I think they are just using the term "plague" in a generic sense, because they don't know what else to call it at this point.

Or...maybe the tranaslating software mistranslated the word "epidemic" or "outbreak" for "plague." Lost in translation.....ya know?

But the reports from Ukraine did have the word plague in them.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

It is so unsettling because 60 people in 4 days reminds me of tha movie outbreak or something. I need to step away from this site for a while.
I just have this unsettling feeling that there will be a major diaster and I can feel things escalating. I hope my feeling is wrong!
I am actually shaking because I am so terrified. It is weird how I always panic before the onset of something but once the diaster comes I am calm and deal with it. I hope that if it hits here I can be calm. I have been in so many tornados but at least with that you know where it is coming from and how to hide. How do you hide from something in the air?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Sorry, for the fear mongering, but I was curious. And, you said it yourself, the BS should be coming soon.
Also, my very good friend here in So. Cal works in a big emergency room and has seen a few, shall we say, melted lungs, so there is cause for some alarm, although this aspect of the flu, is not the norm and hopefully won't be.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

mignews.com.ua...

A closed meeting has been held in Ivano-Frankivsk, at which participants agreed that epidemic of the so-called "pneumonic plague" is being spread throughout Ukraine. But the problem is its form is unknown, it is ATYPICAL nobody knows how to treat it.

Last line and one of the first sources in this thread so-called "pneumonic plague" not that it is pneumonic plague, but it was put on the table early on from one of the early sources and was not made up by ATS members wanting to create hysteria.

Edit to add: I also worked in a Hystopathology Lab where my work involved daily contact with infectious samples (MSRA, HIV and anything else presented to be analysed) so I do have a small understanding.

[edit on 2/11/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
When I got the N1H1 I was too far along for antivirals. My chest sounded like a washing machine full of combat boots however my x ray was "clear". I was put on antibiotics for a week. After 4 weeks I stopped coughing. My doctor said I had a "mild" case. This is the first time that I have been sick the I was scared.

Some here have a hard time thinking that "just the flu" could have this effect on a country. I would say the people here are more open to ideas and to having their belief challenged than most. The reason that my company has spend a whole lot of money on getting prepared for this is because it is for real. People that do not have a science back ground typically think in terms of how many die as how bad the virus is. That is one way and is simplistic. You need to look at the recovery time and the demographics of who it hits. What is the major binding sites of the virus and the effected organs. Socioeconomic impact. Today we have the second country in less than a year that has shut the doors and said closed for 3 weeks.

Now on the topic of vaccines and masks. From a public health stand point they are not to protect the individual they are to protect society. A mask is to stop you from spreading droplets that have the virus not from getting the virus. And a vaccine is to stop the spread of a virus not to keep you from getting it. Basic public health 101. Closing boarders is not to stop the spread of the bug but to give other locations time to respond. Under the worst case the virus is allowed to "burn itself out" by infecting everyone in the sealed in area so there are no more hosts without acquired immunity.

I stopped posting here for a long time because a number of people here were posting that people should prepare and get ready in case this thing went septic and were not taken serious. At this point it does not mater what the bug is that is causing the problems in Ukraine. It is now in the wild and will make the rounds. If this bug has a competitive advantage over other bugs out in the wild the bug will be North America in 6 weeks or less. I have worked with the Red Cross and was a player in the pandemic plan for the company I work for. I have done my home work. You have doubts about what I am saying go talk to your local Red Cross people.

Rant over and out.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Okay, it's slowly becoming official. Epidemic of pneumonic plague in Ukraine.

mignews.com.ua...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Has anyone got any shred of credible evidence that what the Ukraine is seeing is something other than H1N1?

Because so far all the so called evidence is hearsay.

The only credible announcement came from the WHO and they said its a normal H1N1 outbreak.

I worry about H1N1 picking up traits like H5N1 but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow

mignews.com.ua...

Both the mid links are from October. Anything newer?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

Thanks for the update, I figure that the problem is the bacterial pneumonia, but the H1N1 vaccine will not help the people, what will help is the bacterial pneumonia vaccine.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
The only credible announcement came from the WHO and they said its a normal H1N1 outbreak.

The WHO stopped giving weekly updates back in August. Many members, including those in Ukraine, have spent painstaking hours searching the internet for articles and translating them for us.

Please, do not post insulting comments against their hard work. It is execrable and uncalled for

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I agree that assuming this is pneumonic plague is extremely premature. Firstly, all reports have referred to this as a virus. Pneumonic plague and bubonic plague are caused by a bacterium. Secondly, as noted, were the number of people reportedly ill infected with pneumonic plague, the vast majority of them would be dead by now. Thirdly, while there have been reports of so-called hemorrhagic pneumonia, bleeding lesions can be caused under the right circumstances even by typical seasonal influenza, let alone secondary bacterial pneumonia which is extremely common with the flu.

Lastly, there apparently wasn't an H1N1 vaccination program set up in Ukraine based on the reports we're seeing, so it isn't at all shocking that an H1N1 epidemic could break out there. Remember how many people became ill and died in Mexico? We're still dealing with the same virus, after all, if that's what it is. It is fully capable of killing people (like normal seasonal flu, as well, incidentally) regardless of how much it may have mutated. In fact, this could be (as some have speculated) a more virulent or lethal mutation of it for all we know.

That's the point; we don't KNOW anything yet, other than that some people have died as the result of apparent respiratory infection following flu-like symptoms. We can't deduce much from that at this time in my opinion, and would be wise to refrain from assuming anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

If it is a mutated form, then the world has spent billions on a pointless vaccination to treat the wrong virus

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Both the mid links are from October. Anything newer?

I did a quick search on google (Ukraine plague) and found two things:

1. The head sanitation inspector in Ukraine is saying that there is no plague in Ukraine

Head sanitary inspector of Ukraine: plague is out of question
02/11/2009 15:53 (06:57 minutes ago)
The FINANCIAL -- As of today there are no grounds to suppose that there are cases of pneumonic plague or some other plague in Ukraine. Head sanitary inspector of Ukraine Oleksandr Belovol said this in the commentary to UNIAN. Belovol said that all statements, that there is some kind of plague in Ukraine are not true.

2. On some other web sites (like Godlike productions) they are saying that the Ukranian outbreak is the "October surprise" that the web bot program predicted.

3. I went directly to the mouthpiece of the web bot program (George Ure's blog at www.urbansurvival.com/blog ) and he has this to say about it, if any of you are interested. He also thinks the "October surprise" that the web bots forcasted is this epidemic.

He also had another article on his blog: "Minister says Ukraine epidemic to create emergency in Hungary."

Minister says Ukraine flu epidemic to create emergency in Hungary
By: MTI
2009-11-02 11:05
There is no flu epidemic in Hungary but the epidemic in Ukraine may create an emergency situation, the health minister said on public television late on Sunday.

"There is a very rapid and virulent virus in Ukraine; the number of patients multiplies overnight and this creates an emergency situation in Hungary because the virus will not stop at the border," Tamas Szekely said.

Previously, the virus was expected to arrive in Hungary from the west and south, the minister said. Currently there is no epidemic in Hungary, he added.

Last week, around 14,600 people reported to suffer from flu-like symptoms, less than the week before. An epidemic is declared when the number of new cases reaches 20,000 a week.

Chief medical officer Ferenc Falus said that so far the demand for new flu vaccination had been low. At the same time, there is a vaccine and medicine shortage in Ukraine and Hungary is ready to help, he added.

Hungary has already offered to take care of the vaccination of Ukrainian border guards and customs officers working at the border with Hungary, Falus said.

The Hungarian Red Cross has also offered to help, supplying masks and medicine to eastern Ukraine, home to an ethnic Hungarian community.

A Szonda Ipsos survey released on Sunday shows that 73 percent of Hungarians do not wish to get vaccinated against the new flu. The 18 to 39 age group is most averse to vaccination, with 86 percent of people rejecting it.

According to the survey carried out by phoning 500 people on October 30, some 27 percent of those who reject vaccination said they feared its side effects more than the flu itself. Some 23 percent said they were generally against vaccinations and 21 percent said they would not be infected anyway.

He also has some other interesting things on his blog about this thing happening in Ukraine, too. Such as a letter from a PhD with his ideas.

Here is a link to George Ure's blog:

urbansurvival.com...

]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This are the sites I have from Ukraine news in English,

www.ukranews.com...

ukrainenews.com...

www.onlinenewspapers.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow

mignews.com.ua...

And once again the source for that is not given / listed as "Internet sources". The same article also quotes the minister of health as denying there is a pneumonic plague.

I know some people just want to believe the most exciting rumor but its just not possible. You cannot possibly be informed on what the pneumonic plague is, how it spreads and how lethal it is and turn around and believe that a quarter million people in Ukraine are infected with it.

Theres this huge group on ATS who have called the swine flu a hoax and pushed vaccine conspiracies from day one and apparently holding that position means accepting any BS explanation on matter how impossible as long as they don't have to face the fact that H1N1 is capable of killing a huge number of people.

Every single symptom listed in Ukraine, even the "scariest" has been reported hundreds of times in swine flu fatalities.

Screw it, I give up. You people want to be lied to and get your horror movie jollies then go for it. Once again the real conspiracy is buried under a huge pile of crap, why am I still surprised?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

That is something that even I was expecting, after all rushing a vaccine without making sure they got the right virus was nothing but a big shot to profits.

I guess like somebody said very earlier in this thread, you will do better with a pneumonia shot that anything they come out for the swine flu itself.

Because pneumonia is what is killing many otherwise healthy people.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I agree with this post.

Since your pretty in the know on thus topic what is your outlook for H1N1 this winter i.e its effects, death tolls etc.

Basically is Ukraine just a sign of things to come?

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join