It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If it turns out to be more than the swine flu then the governments of these countries were intentionally slacking on emergency management... hmmmm... to perpetuate this new strain for population control?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
All this is happening, and the "breaking" news story on CNN.com is that the Bay Bridge is reopening! Give me a break..... So glad we have underground news sites such as this. Never in my life did I ever think that the "free press" in America could be so manipulated.

Ok, back to our regular programming. So, it sounds like Poland is getting it now.

Question:

Does someone here on ATS have the capability of creating a "an international flu/respiratory infection tracker" map using a graphic design program of some sort, that they could post online, every day....starting at ground zero in the western Ukraine, and then going outwards, plotting the cases (using bands of color or something) day by day?

The CDC and the WHO aren't really much help (they don't seem to be posting or disseminating accurate data to the general public in a timely manner, if at all) so if we could create our own graphics, that would be helpful.....plus it might help us visualize the epidemic better.

I would do it if I knew how....but I don't know how to do computer graphics.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I have noticed that the CDC's web site here in the United States is full of a lot of confusing information. It uses words in a way to make the situation confusing. They lump all flus and pnuemonic symptoms together to make the numbers seem higher.
I thought that the flu was being overhyped to justify the need for Obama's health care here in america.
I know it is business as usual here. If it really is as bad everywhere else and we don't know about it then there is no way to control it anymore. If the death rate is higher than even the Spanish Flu then we really need to know what is going on in the Urkarine.
Can they really hide things right in front of us?: I know that on the flu tracker they claim 2525 people have died of the swine flu in Kansas. This was alarming until I found out the true numbers are 12. The rhiza team has even e-mailed their acknowldgement of their inaccuracies yet to refuse to change it.
This whole things is really being overhyped,underhyped and anything in between. It just goes to show you how screwed up this whole situation is.

I don't know why people keep claiming that misconception as fact. The WHO and CDC have under reported the number of swine flu cases and deaths from day one and have been caught red-handed doing so.

A group of researchers I speak with released the CDC President's briefing
guide which proved they were lying in the press conferences and "official" statistics. (I tried to release it on ATS first but after no one responded it was given to wikileaks - you can still find it there with a summary of the "scandal").

The main issue is the rapid testing used in hospitals cannot detect this variant of H1N1. Only a longer, expensive lab test can confirm it. Also the virus is not detectable in the blood post death. In Mexico City we went from 400 plus swine flu deaths to a dozen swine flu deaths and 400 "unexplained" deaths overnight because the blood tests came back negative for type A influenza (which is not the same virus as H1N1).

So far every death they do not confirm with a lab tests gets reclassified as secondary infection: pneumonia. While it's possible there are pneumonic plague victims in Ukraine the total number of infected is much too high and a critical subset of symptoms are missing.

What we do know is that people who die of swine flu appear to have died from "bleeding pneumonia" which can be attributed to any number of other pathogens. What's not typical in these other pathogens is the rapid rate of death in victims. Pneumonic Plague takes 3-4 days to kill someone, these people are dying in as little as 12 hours time from onset.

As bad as it sounds I would prefer this to be pneumonic plague hitting in Ukraine. I don't have to worry about a swine flu mutation coming here if that's the case. As much as I would prefer that to be the case I cannot fully subscribe to it due to the few issues I've listed and many others which I haven't.

If this really does turn out to be pneumonic plague there's a very high chance the outbreak is not natural in origin. This large of a number of infected in that amount of time is unheard of since the middle ages. Though swine flu is a very poor candidate for bio-weapon use the pneumonic and bubonic plagues have been weaponized for quite a long time, (actually since WW2 when the Japanese used it against the Chinese).

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by ahemot
CONFIRMED 100%: pneumonic plague in Ukraine.

www.fraza.ua...
www.zhitomir.info...

Doctors to be issued anti-plague protection equipment. Strict quarantine of hospitals enforced.

NOTE: fraza.ua is a major electronic news outlet in Ukraine.

----

Fraza.ua is piece of bull crap,

in the end of article it say : ukrainian are recommended to buy food in vacuum packs. Other food should be put under hot boiled water, even bread.

What a advise.

I could see Mr. ahemot is dragging out a lot of scum information from all over ukrainian yellow intertnet pages.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by former_ussr

I could see Mr. ahemot is dragging out a lot of scum information from all over ukrainian yellow intertnet pages.

Don't be rude.
There's no reason for it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
First death from "swine flu" reported in Bulgaria.
www.novinite.com...
This is despite the fact that Bulgaria has no facility to identify swine flu virus and no analysis were taken.
See earlier link: "We cannot identify swine flu" www.upi.com...

Cause of death: "double pneumonia" ???

COMMENT: As in the previuos cases in Ukraine and Poland, the analysis are not performed or the results are still pending, but the MSM already labels it "swine flu".

link   
reply to post by nikiano

Have you looked at this map yet? Flutracker

link   
Ok just called up my Therapy teacher/doctor to confirm the piece on Pneumonic plague. He said that he is in a meeting with the Ministry of health of Ukraine and told me to call him tomorrow at 11. So no confirmation till then...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by nikiano

Have you looked at this map yet? Flutracker

Yes, I did, but when I clicked on the international map (the mostly orange one) it was only updated as of August 17th. It seems to be just a few months behind... lol!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Don't be rude.
There's no reason for it.

I have no intention to be, but I do live in Ukraine, in its wonderfull city of Lviv. And today I have read so many fantastic stories in Ukrainian pages.

Yes we have seek people dying from regular flu, from pig flu, and from NOT IDENTIFIED PNEUMONIA, which kills people in 2-3 days and doctors dont know what it is.

I can fell more panic here on this forum, than there is here.

YES, our goverment doesnt tell us all the truth about this NOT IDENTIFIED crap, maybe they dont know themselve!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The death toll from the flu epidemic in Ukraine has reached 67 people. This at a press conference, said deputy Minister of Health Mr. Lazoryshynets. In particular, 29 people died in the Lviv region, 14 - in Ternopil, 12 - Ivano-Frankivsk, 5 - Chernivtsi. First Deputy Minister added that all the deaths "are similar. According to preliminary information, its primary cause was influenza virus A (H1N1), but research is still ongoing. In general, he said, in Ukraine 250 thousand people suffering from SARS and avian influenza, of which 15 thousand are hospitalized, 17 - in intensive care.

Legitimate Media Source from Region

Here's the official Ministry of Health Statistics

[edit on 2-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I can fell more panic here on this forum, than there is here.

This.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by former_ussr

If you guys really believe the outbreak is pneumonic plague I'd work overtime to obtain some antibiotics and start taking them right away. That's the modern medical cure and preventative for pneumonic plague.

I'm guessing the government has not started distributing those antibiotics to the public yet for some reason. . .

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Fu map (up-to-date)

900 people have died, across the world, since checking this website at 2:30pm GMT this afternoon

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Right but the source code for the google mapping is open sourced w/ a creative commons license. You should be able to obtain it and plug in your own data to make your own version of it. I don't think it will require any coding, just script editing.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Actually, the OP posted earlier that people are being given antibiotics if they come down with this. Whether that's because it's actually pneumonic plague, because they have some other secondary cause of pneumonia (which isn't uncommon with the flu by any means,) or simply a prophylactic measure, I don't know.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am not sure if this site is accurate.(the flu tracker site.) It reports that there are 3400 deaths in the USA and on the cdc web site it is 3916 who have died of pnumeonic and ifluenza like illness.
They still have not fixed their inaccuracies on this site yet.
I am not sure who or what to believe anymore.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Anybody remember a little illness called the 1918 Spanish Flu NOT today's watered down H1N1 version??

en.wikipedia.org...

The 1918 flu pandemic (commonly referred to as the Spanish Flu) was an influenza pandemic that spread to nearly every part of the world. It was caused by an unusually virulent and deadly influenza A virus strain of subtype H1N1.

Most of its victims were healthy young adults, in contrast to most influenza outbreaks which predominantly affect juvenile, elderly, or otherwise weakened patients.

Scientists have used tissue samples from frozen victims to reproduce the virus for study.

Given the strain's extreme virulence there has been controversy regarding the wisdom of such research. Among the conclusions of this research is that the virus kills via a cytokine storm (overreaction of the body's immune system) which explains its unusually severe nature and the concentrated age profile of its victims. The strong immune systems of young adults ravaged the body, whereas the weaker immune systems of children and middle-aged adults caused fewer deaths.

The majority of deaths were from bacterial pneumonia, a secondary infection caused by influenza, but the virus also killed people directly, causing massive hemorrhages and edema in the lung.

Now, could it be the same virus?

October 5, 2005: The announcement that a group had successfully recreated the 1918 flu strain (a subtype of avian strain H1N1) from a female flu victim buried in the Alaskan permafrost and samples preserved from American soldiers.
Researchers Reconstruct 1918 Pandemic Influenza Virus; Effort Designed to Advance Preparedness

The work... determined the set of genes in the 1918 virus that made it so harmful.

CDC employed stringent biosafety and biosecurity precautions during research on the 1918 influenza virus.

January 18, 2007: monkeys infected with the recreated strain exhibited classic symptoms of the 1918 pandemic and died from a cytokine storm
Aberrant innate immune response in lethal infection of macaques with the 1918 influenza virus

Here we demonstrate that the 1918 virus caused a highly pathogenic respiratory infection in a cynomolgus macaque model that culminated in acute respiratory distress and a fatal outcome.

September 16, 2008: the body of Sir Mark Sykes was exhumed to study the RNA of the Spanish flu virus.
Body exhumed in fight against flu

Yorkshire landowner Sir Mark Sykes died in France in 1919 from Spanish flu.

Sir Mark was buried in a lead coffin which scientists hope may have helped preserve the virus.

December 2008: research by Yoshihiro Kawaoka of the University of Wisconsin linked the presence of three specific genes (termed PA, PB1, and PB2) and a nucleoprotein derived from 1918 flu samples to the ability of the flu virus to invade the lungs and cause pneumonia. The combination triggered similar symptoms in animal testing.

I hate to say it but it does sound like this is what's happening in the Ukraine and now Poland and elsewhere.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Actually, the OP posted earlier that people are being given antibiotics if they come down with this. Whether that's because it's actually pneumonic plague, because they have some other secondary cause of pneumonia (which isn't uncommon with the flu by any means,) or simply a prophylactic measure, I don't know.

They need to distribute them to everyone prior to getting sick in addition to treating the people already infected. Its standard treatment to give antibiotics to swine flu victims who display any moderate to severe respiratory symptoms also due to the high number of secondary pneumonia cases.

They're reporting a quarter million people as infected, for that to be the plague is just not possible, IMO. Maybe if they were spraying plague out of airplanes instead of aeroclaving.

OH well, we should know in a few days for sure. If most of the infected end up dying then it will most likely be a plague, the swine flu fatality rate isn't nearly as high. Untreated plague has a 100 percent death rate.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I remember it because I studied it in a history class. I also did a study of it in the begginning of this swine flu. I thought the swine flu was similar to the spanish flu which was also an H1n1. I really hoped I was wrong and I still hope that.

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join