It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Well. Here we're putting our destiny into mother nature's hand. But the H1N1 arrival was scheduled to the beginning of October, when the vaccines became available. Now, we're writing November. No one took the vaccines, and no outbreak happened at all as it was predicted. Here the standard flu season is almost over. Are we lucky? No, as we don't believe in luck. Did we make the right decision? We bet on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

I like the idea that we are considering this a bioweapons attack. Biologicals have in the past been thought to be too unstable, and AQ stayed away from them for the fear of self-contamination, which happened in Algeria a few months back. But all it would take is a little incident like anthrax (Sept 2001 US) to demonstrate the power of biologicals.
Of course one of AQ's pet peves is the vaccination programs, bin Laden (deceased) mentioned that specifically in a tape. And the muslim martyrs that would die in a biological attack would still receive their 72 virgins. So since they aren't counting on the 1.6 billion followers maybe they decided to go for it.
The timing is interesting. Drug wars in Mexico and the accidental release from the Mex govt biological arsonal, just a warning because it's so mild. Then the Mexican government caves to using their army in the war on drugs.
Ukraine/Turkey pipeline disagreement and a new strain appears?
If we allow Somali to take ships with their pirate towns, and Spain to cave to election terrorism, and London to relax anti-Sharia with acts of extortion that involves the population being at risk of death then what has the world come to?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Funny you should ask.... his doctor instructed him to have bloodwork done. I just got off the phone with him and told him to have them check for Spanish Flu and H1N1

He replied that the test for H1N1 was NOT covered by standard insurance and the cost to the patient was $400 to $500!!!!!

So, no, he hasn't been tested YET.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by JJay55

thanks jay, daaamn...

so what are the un confirmed numbers looking like?

Yes... longest thread ever, and the first thread i have seen above 300 flags.

150,000 sick 67 dead. We'll see what has happened on Friday, I suppose.
Meanwhile Romania and Poland have increased numbers too.
The internation airport in Kiev services Eastern Europe and JFK so this strain is well distributed if indeed it is a new strain.

And here's the real question. Do we risk that it's hype and not prepare for the worst?
A: No. It would be a good idea to stock N95 masks, they don't go bad. 3 weeks of food incase of quarantine. Include pet food. Collect emergency numbers and contact family with your plans. Have 2 locations to go to incase you can't go home. Take precaution on the first day of illness and isolate yourself, have meds ready.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

When the vaccinations started in Poland and Romania? Shortly before when outbreak is started. I believe everyone can connect the dots. My country is infected all around, but only Hungary stayed uninfected, clean as we're not taking the vaccines.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And still the mainstream media has not uttered a word regarding this crisis. All we get in the UK is who got booted off X-Factor!!!

Media Blackout?

Confirmed!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

FYI: ~I believe~ Canada was looking into some complications concerning the Vaccine and other types of Flu...

One might exasperate the other?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow
reply to post by JJay55

When the vaccinations started in Poland and Romania? Shortly before when outbreak is started. I believe everyone can connect the dots. My country is infected all around, but only Hungary stayed uninfected, clean as we're not taking the vaccines.

That's interesting. Just as the Baxter whistle blower was exclaiming. But I'd like to see the numbers.

I also heard some speculation that the flu is more serious on certain blood types. For instance India has a good population with type B blood but North American is mostly type O and has less sickness. Eastern Europe is divided depending on ancestry, still over 50% is not type O. If this is a designer biological that might make a difference. But I don't want this info to be used for fear purposes, just speculation and conversation.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Well, what I can show you with numbers is my country. No vaccines was took by the citizens, no H1N1. Period. Now the government will have to destroy the unused supplies soon. That's the law.
Oooooor we're going to import it to sheep countries. We can became the next vaccine superpower! BWAHAHAHAHAA!!!... but it's better if we simply destroy them.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
From RT;

seems Russian press are suggesting reports of a new plague are politically motivated.;

Yushchenko will toss a “swine” into the election
In Ukraine, influenza became a political tool
By Yanina Sokolovskaya

If on the wave of one illness Viktor Yushchenko became president, then at the crest of another he has a chance of prolonging and maintaining his power. For the first time in five years, he has the opportunity to declare a state of emergency and cancel or postpone the presidential election.

The number of regions coming under quarantine is increasing daily. Today, the influenza has spread beyond western Ukraine to Crimea. The number of those allegedly infected with the flu doubles every day. This gives the president a chance to say: this isn’t the time to vote – the nation’s health is in danger.

Read more

Presidential opponents were the first to mention the suspicious nature of the epidemic that took over Ukraine. Deputy Inna Bogoslovskaya said that, according to her sources, bacterial infections are being counted as viral illnesses in order to make it look as a rampant endemic. It’s allegedly similar to the Chinese pneumonic plague. It’s important to note that regions that initially supported Yushchenko and then became far-right were the first to fall victim to the illness.

Only a strong hand capable of lifting any disaster can turn them onto the right direction. Yushchenko, who is apparently aware of this, visited the ailing Lviv and promised that he will stop the epidemic in about a week.

Another leader with a strong yet feminine hand, Yulia Tymoshenko, is not spending her time visiting the regions. She is fighting the flu from Kiev by holding governmental meetings and demonstrating that she is the only one among the ministers capable of dealing with the disaster. The government has already allocated 3 billion hryvnas (about $400 million) to fight the disease – and this will not be the last outlay of funds.

In the competition to be the first to show awareness and cancel all pre-election public events, the winner was Viktor Yanukovich. Tymoshenko followed him in canceling her tour of electoral concerts.

Yushchenko’s campaign came in third. Besides getting the loud PR slogan, “Our nation’s health is more important than our victory,” the candidates are saving money that would otherwise be spent on meetings and their travel around the country.

Meanwhile, the candidates were given free PR time during the TV marathons that have now been continuing for three days in Ukraine. During this time, the candidates are advertised along with one-time-use gauze bandages, which are just as useless in fighting the influenza as the politicians. To protect oneself from the disease, thick cotton-gauze bandages from the Soviet civil defense days are needed, or respirators.

Following the flu crisis, a drug crisis awaits Ukraine – due to the attempts to impose a moratorium on the rising costs of medicines in accordance with the exchange rate, only one month’s worth of drug supplies remains in stock. The epidemic and the panic exhausted them in three days.

Even the ministerial cabinet was taken over by panic. In a private, governmental pharmacy, lines reached up to 200 people. While they are waiting for oxolinic ointment, simple Ukrainian people are saving themselves with vodka, onion and garlic. The most effective type of garlic is called “Moscal.” In just one day, its price increased six-fold – to $4 per kilogram.

Read the article on the newspaper’s website (in Russian)

[edit on 2-11-2009 by martin3030]

original link to above;

www.russiatoday.ru...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by martin3030]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
CONFIRMED 100%: pneumonic plague in Ukraine.

www.fraza.ua...
www.zhitomir.info...

Doctors to be issued anti-plague protection equipment. Strict quarantine of hospitals enforced.

NOTE: fraza.ua is a major electronic news outlet in Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
OMG...I am saddened to hear this and will keep you and all of the people there in my thoughts.
It's truly becoming obvious that this ENTIRE situation was a cluster-f of the HIGHEST degree on the HIGHEST levels right from the beginning all over the world.
Remember during the Summer when people made FUN of you if you mentioned the flu at all?Remember when the MSM said not a WORD?
Did not have to go down this way...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It makes you wonder if the vaccine was just developed too late. Keep in mind, there is a TON of money in a vaccine - the developers get huge contracts to develop it and it has to go out the door in time to be effective. I suspect that this time it did not get out the door soon enough.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a conventional flu vaccine works by putting a flu culture into your body so your body can fight it. That way your body develops antibodies to the flu culture it fought. Later when your body contracts the real flu, it already has the antibodies and can therefore fight it effectively thus significantly reducing the chances you will become fully infected.

If this is the way it works, then administering a vaccine while the virus is already spreading is dangerous as he|| because your body's immune system will be compromised by the vaccine at the same time it has to fight the real deal. Say you get conventional flu shot and then you get exposed to H1N1.. chances are you are gonna get H1N1. And now I speculate that there may actually be an increased chance of mutation should H1N1 mix with the conventional flu vaccine. (This last part is just unfounded theory but food for thought.)

I am no microbiologist so please correct me if I am wrong here. I think the right time for vaccination programs to go into place for the northern hemisphere was back in late August to early September. Any vaccination now could do more harm than good unless you plan to get vaccinated and then quarantine yourself for a few days.

The CDC recommends that vaccination takes place as early as possible but can continue into December because seasonal flu peaks in January and February. This is not taking into account H1N1 already being all over the place. Doesn't it make sense that H1N1 will spread even more if people are vaccinating from conventional flu while H1N1 is making the rounds?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow
My country is the neighbor of Ukraine. Whatever is going there, they're really scared. But what is also true and the media forget to mention, the vaccinations are also just started there. Before that there were no known H1N1 cases in Ukraine. In my country, Hungary, the people are refusing the vaccines and here in my country, there is no H1N1 outbreak at all. As the yesterday's poll shown, almost everyone is refusing the vaccines here. If here, in Hungary there will be no H1N1, and we bet on this, you will be able to see what caused the outbreak in Ukraine and in other countries, the vaccine itself.

Here the local government is already begging to us to take the vaccines and now they're using Ukraine for their fear mongering via the media. But we're resisting and we're still not willing to take the vaccine. Also if Ukraine has flu season, we should have too as we used to have in the very same time. But here, the number of standard flu cases are even lowering, dropped by around 14000, as the people are not taking the seasonal flu vaccine either. Strange coincidence.

Good for you...keep up the resistance! I am also not going to get the vaccination, and there are lots of us in the US health system who are refusing to get the vaccination, too.

In addition to all the other problems associated with vaccination, I personally have also wondered if large-scale vaccinations promotes virus mutations to happen faster than it would normally. After all, antibiotics promote bacterial resistance, and bacterial resistance is a form of mutation that happens in bacteria. So, it would make sense to wonder if vaccination might promote viral mutation faster than it would in an unvaccinated population. All living things (including virus and bacteria) adapt and change with external stimuli to promote survival under non-ideal conditions....that's evolution/mutation.

The differences between Hungary/Ukraine might be the perfect example of a mutation happening faster in a vaccinated population than it happens in an unvaccinated population.

I'm sure studies such as this have been done before....I just need to do some research to find them.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot

www.fraza.ua...
www.zhitomir.info...

Doctors to be issued anti-plague protection equipment. Strict quarantine of hospitals enforced.

Can we get the english version????

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
WSJ now carrying the story but they're still saying it's swine flu. Nothing new in the story just that it's finally news in the U.S.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

www.fraza.ua...
www.zhitomir.info...

I will try to make a few calls regarding this. I will try to confirm from the inside...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

www.fraza.ua...
www.zhitomir.info...

not again....

Fraza.ua is a tabloid

look at their other headlines and tell me that they are trustworthy

edit to remove url, couldnt get it working.

anyway, translate fraza and look at their headlines!

[edit on 2/11/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
ahemot is there any provision on those websites for reading in English ?
I couldnt see any options there.

If not maybe you could give a summary of whats being said ?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

babelfish.yahoo.com... ranslate

I went to babelfish to translate.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join