It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

Ahemot, unless that article has been changed in the past few minutes since you posted (which I admit can happen on-line) it doesn't use the term "pneumonic plague". It refers to "6 people with suspected A H1N1 flu". The term "pneumonic plague" doesn't appear anywhere in that report. Within the article it only speaks of influenza, not "plague" (pneumonic or otherwise).

Best regards,

Mike

Edit to add:

Originally posted by ahemot
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Well, if you would follow this thread from the beginning, you would notice that the links I submitted were UKRAINIAN. Of course, for ignorant Americans all people from Eastern Europe are Russians.

Yes, or else they think all Slavonic-language countries (except for Russia) are part of the "former Yugoslavia"!

Of course, that sort of thinking only applies to ignorant Americans, not informed ones.

[edit on 2/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

can you answer my question on your previous post pls? What or who is your "annonymous source"?

It seems to me that you do nothing but stirr the pot in this thread. You are 'sensationalizing the thread". A lot of your links come from russian or ukrain tabloits, which only spread fear... but no truth at all.
here is a summory of all your posts in this thread, which are the ONLY posts you ever made on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=ahemot

Did you register here just for this topic?? I do wonder....

it was you who stated things like : plague, forced vacination, animal burial grounds, refusal from US and EU to help, etc...

Another forum, be it in Russian or English, is not a good source if it doesn't come with a link, you can't quote other peoples opinions and say it is truth.

so I ask you once again?
What are you reliable sources? I think that is important, since there seem to be some people here who don't seem to have the intelligence to check for themselves and blindly believe every word you write!

[edit on 2/11/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Someone needs to tell these people that masks are useless unless they are the N95 respirator fit tested type masks. The simple masks will not block out airborne viruses.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot

Well, if you would follow this thread from the beginning, you would notice that the links I submitted were UKRAINIAN. Of course, for ignorant Americans all people from Eastern Europe are Russians.

First, see pages one and two of this thread. I've followed it post by post since before you joined.

This "ignorant American" had a close Ukrainian penpal for a few decades and knows the difference; though, the links you provided were entirely out-of-sync with all the rest of the data.

I still think your statement above sounded like Sorcha Faal. It's (his) her style to try to qualify false propaganda with "an anonymous source" etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Eye-witness reports of spraying and disinfections in Kyiv metro.
forum.od.ua...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Could someone explain what is exactly spreading through the Ukraine, from what ive read it seems to be worse than Swine Flu..

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

It seems to me that you are in the "informed" group. Therefore, please do not take my own jesting comments in my previous post as applying to yourself.

Right now, because of my own geographical location and the fact that I have family here, this situation in not-too-distant Ukraine concerns me personally. As you have a penpal there it doubtless concerns you as well. I mean that sincerely and with no hint of cynicism. I had a US penpal for several years when I was in high school and it was contact with her that increased my awareness of US life. (This was nearly 40 years ago btw.)

I am puzzled by the conflicting nature of the event. We have had pleas for aid from the highest Ukrainian authorities, and they are now receiving aid from nearby nations including my own. There is no doubt that this spreading infection is a serious matter and surrounding countries' governments would have assessed that from their own sources before committing any aid.

There are also reports of a WHO team going in to assess and perhaps assist.

But at the same time, the airports remain open. Schools are closed, but offices and factories (and therefore public transport) are still operating. It seems it is a "crisis" (as they themselves put it) but their responses and countermeasures are haphazard to say the least.

So, for the time being, I am glad to obtain information from all sources and just use my own abilities to analyze and sort the totally far-fetched from the plausible and the possible.

It is also puzzling that the western govts via their msm "resources" are not using this "opportunity" of the Ukrainian crisis to push all-out for vaccinations in their own populations. You would think they would but they haven't and that makes me and a lot of us wonder what's up.

Beats me if members have their own special agenda. I certainly haven't. My own posts reporting news are taken from checkable and generally reliable sources here or in neighboring Slovakia. There is no question in my mind that something serious is happening in Ukraine but the details do not seem to be completely forthcoming.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
latest numbers:

255000 infected
15000 hospitalized
67 dead total, 22 of swine flu

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ranswer

67 dead thats' it? Out of 15K hospitalized? That's 0.4%. This is getting silly people.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Infected area in Poland: Podkarpacie region, next to Lviv oblast of Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

Originally posted by nikiano
reply to post by Beefcake

Um, no, you're wrong. Community aquired pneumonia is not caught in the hospital...it's caught in the community. Hospital aquired pneumonia is caught in the hospital. Hence...the different names.

And no, this thread isn't a waste of time. But you stated something that was wrong (that patients were dying because of hospital aquired pneumonia) which is completely false. And if you worked in the health care field, you would know that.

Forget it, I'm done arguing with you. You obviously don't work in the health care field. I'm placing you on "ignore."

[edit on 1-11-2009 by nikiano]

NO you are wrong
en.wikipedia.org...

Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) is a disease in which individuals who have not recently been hospitalized develop an infection of the lungs (pneumonia)

There you are corrected
Seemingly you don't work in the health field either.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Beefcake]

Beefcake, are you paying attention at all?

You just admitted your source for comparing the two is in fact Wikipedia which Nikiano stated and you have now verified and you jus tried to prove her wrong by quoting what CAP is which is defined as the very thing she said it was and you're trying to prove you're right?

You said CAP was spread around hospital which Nikiano refuted then you pointed to a Wiki quote stating that it's NOT spread around hospitals and then you say you're right? Are you all together in your head up there???

Nikiano I might be adding my first person to my ignore list as well. Wow.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Panic in Ukraine, Authorities deny aircraft are spraying aerosols over cities, Martial Law expected

dprogram.net...

The office of Emergency Response in the district of Desniansko, Kiev, are tonight (30th Oct.) strongly refuting reports that light aircraft were spraying a substance over the city intended to counter a “swine flu pandemic” in Ukraine. It was reported that light aircraft were seen over the Forest market area of the city (close to the Forest metro station) and they were spraying an aerosol substance intended to “counter swine flu”, this of course would constitute forced medication of the population.

My contribution to the thread, could this be a spawning point for a wider, situation.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I guess someone needs to look at a dictionary that a word "plague" means.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
At this point the case fatality rate is looking like it is low. Hats off to the doctors in the Ukraine for doing their jobs. I am sorry for those who have lost loved ones. For whats it is worth I think that we will be seeing this more and more this winter all over the Norther hemisphere.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I'm wondering if the small aircraft was controlled by someone else... and a dry run. Any other cities reporting spray planes? Anyone have reports of missing spray planes, I know there was one in the Bahamas in 2004ish.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Of those said to be ill 123 are alleged to be in a critical condition.
The swiss yesterday sent 300 million doses of Tamiflu.
Authorities say that anti viral medicines will not be sent to usual outlets,to prevent proffiteering-in the past Ukrainians have seen prices of cold and flu medicines increase by up to 300% when flu and colds have created extra demands.

www.russiatoday.ru...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
From my understanding 4 health care workers have died thus far, which appears to me to be a very high mortality rate, given that the official death toll is around 64..

Does anyone know what the expected mortality rate for health care workers is in flu epidemic?

Edit to add:
WaterDoctor, you were the one who brought this up yesterday.. I worked in Histopatholgy for a while dealing with infectious samples, and even tho we had little protection, I was surprised to read your observation on the health care worker situation.

[edit on 2/11/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
All education buildings to be closed in Kiev until further notice.

This is probably in anticipation of the virus spreading from the West to central regions.
I am wondering if there will be restricyions imposed on the metro systems-which millions rely on to get around cities every day.
Presumably this would be seen as one of the most likely possibilities of the spread.
Slavakia has handed Ukraine 200 million face masks-which equates to half ofg their stocks.
India has also offered to provide aid.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I reported on the 4 workers deaths yesterday.
I am looking for the original report and will post the link-maybe there is more on the circumstances there.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

I'm not sure that I follow what you are implying. I know what "plague" is. Yes, a plague can be defined as an epidemic disease that causes high mortality. It can also mean an infectious, epidemic disease that is caused by the Yersinia pestis bacterium.

I simply stated that the article your linked to in your post does not use the word "plague". In Polish, the commonly-used words for "plague" are "plaga", "dżuma" or "mór". (It's also "mór" in Czech.)

That article uses the word "grypy" which in English is "flu". (Influenza)

You post talked of "pneumonic plague" and suggested that this was what the article stated. Your post is therefore placing your own interpretation on the article's reporting by suggesting that it talks of "pneumonic plague", which it does not.

Mike

Edited for typo.

[edit on 2/11/09 by JustMike]

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join