It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+172 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

mignews.com.ua

In the Ternopil Region 25 percents of infectiologists who worked with patients with acute respiratory viral infections are ill, the chairman of the Association of infectiologists of Ukraine Mykhaylo Andreychin reported yesterday, on October 29 at a press conference. Yesterday, on October 29 in Morshyn, Lviv Region a doctor from a local hospital, who contacted with patients with viral infection and visited them, died, is reported by the Deputy Chief of the Health protection department in the Lviv.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The number of people suffering from unknown virus in Ukraine is growing. According to the latest data of Ministry of Health, 30 deaths of flu and acute respiratory viral diseases have been recorded, starting from October, 19, in the Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk and Lviv Regions. In particular, from October, 19 and until 04:00 p.m. on October 29 6 deaths have been recorded in the Ivano-Frankivsk Region, 12 - in the Lviv Region (including 1 child) and 12 - in the Ternopil Region. As of 04:00 p.m. on October 29 the number of people sick with influenza and acute respiratory viral infections in these regions has reached 37, 923 people, 951 out of them have been hospitalized.

New virus?? And this one seems to be more dangerous than the swine flu!
I study in Lviv National Medical University. This seems to be very serious and peope are panicking. There are talks to shut down our university.
Medical stores here have NO medicines at all, absolutely no antivirals/antibiotics, hell they are even running short of Vitamin C!!

mignews.com.ua
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30/10/09 by asen_y2k]

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Maby this is why all the hoopla and scare tatics from who and obama declaring national emergency.
Possible they knew this was going to happen, or at elast a very good chance and were tryin to put things in place before it happend.

Now he has the power to restrict travel, abroad as well within the states.

Odd that most the 'h1n1' reports are respitory related death's..

h1n1 a big cover for what ever this is?

Makes one wonder. We never get to see all the facts till years after the event.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Bird flu didnt act fast enough and certainly wasn't lethal enough, people are becoming complacent and uncaring about swine flu which isn't lethal enough and people are waking up to the fact its a manufactured virus and the vaccine is more dangerous that they let on, maybe this is the 3rd attempt to wipe out the population?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This will be one hell of a winter.

Does anyone know what statistics in travel is to and fro Ukraine, to see where and if it will travel mainly to in parts?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If Ukraine has a mutated form of H1N1, so will Eastern Europe. If Easter Europe develops cases - the European Union will too.

The fact mainstream European media is not covering this story is frightening. Death rate in Ukraine is faster than when the outbreak started in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Asen_Y2K, I hope you and yours remain safe. I'm sorry this is happening to your community.

A link on that article link was confusing. Are there two separate unknown bugs (illnesses) in Ukraine or one?

Are the people able to travel to other communities to buy the medicines?

Take Care!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
I study in Lviv National Medical University. This seems to be very serious and peope are panicking. There are talks to shut down our university.
Medical stores here have NO medicines at all, absolutely no antivirals/antibiotics, hell they are even running short of Vitamin C!!

Amazing that you're at ground zero of this event. Any testing being done to identify the virus?

Keep us updated but firstly, keep safe!

+3 more 
link   
THIS NEEDS TO BE POSTED UP FRONT AND WATCHED CLOSELY ON THIS SITE.

link   
good question, if this is a mutation, then we may see this very soon everywhere the famed h1n1 has been reported soon...
If this is a new virus then maby we can get some meds over there and help the people in need..

well that is if TPTB get off there arses and do something..

Sad, as a population we have the ability and desire to help each other, but put govt's in charge and we are powerless.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is quite interesting to me. I have 4 grandchildren living with me. 3 of them have come down with an unknown virus. The doctor prescribed cough meds and antibiotics for them. They are recovering. What I find puzzling is why haven't I gotten this virus. After all, my immunity is compromised from taking transplant drugs and it is I who is supposed to be in constant danger of infections and disease. Yet, I am unscathed by this unidentified virus.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz
THIS NEEDS TO BE POSTED UP FRONT AND WATCHED CLOSELY ON THIS SITE.

Hi agreed - you should consider sticking a flag on this so that you help to build awareness

Regards

Berth

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Just returned from classes, teachers told us that the rector contacted them and said the University will remain closed till 4th November pending further information.
Regarding the confusion about the bug. Well there are 2 confirmed cases of regular swine flu, mind you the usual strain. But the rest 30(approx) deaths are due to a UNKNOWN influenza strain that affects the lungs and causes pnemonia. Our teachers in the hospital said that its mortality rate is HIGHER than swine flu, and it kills faster. They also said a drug called Rematadine is somewhat useful. It blocks the RNA replication of the Virus.
I will be giving regular updates from various websites and from our hospital...till i am alive.
Take care...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Rimantadine (INN, sold under the trade name Flumadine) is an orally administered antiviral drug[1] used to treat, and in rare cases prevent, influenzavirus A infection. When taken within one to two days of developing symptoms, rimantadine can shorten the duration and moderate the severity of influenza. Both rimantadine and the similar drug amantadine are derivates of adamantane. Rimantadine was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1994.

According to the CDC, 100 percent of seasonal h3n2 and 2009 pandemic flu samples tested have shown resistance to rimantadine and it is no longer recommended to prescribe for treatment of the flu.

Let's get our facts straight people.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The teacher who told us this said her patient(just one) recovered from taking that med. Dunno how. You are correct about its fact...but hey, that patient may have had the normal Influenza A.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Triple post...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Triple post

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Amazing that you're at ground zero of this event. Any testing being done to identify the virus?

Yes samples have been sent to London. Takes some time before the results can be known.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This could be very well what they were afraid of..

question, how many times has people got sick around you?
same people getting sick again?

just wondering if this is the 3rd wave, which normaly is more sever than the previous 2 if a virus last that long..
could this be the mutation talked about last spring?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Yes samples have been sent to London. Takes some time before the results can be known.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join