It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by former_ussr

So basically this entire thread was hysteria? LMAO! 64 people dead? That's it? Talk about hype! Wow.

The reason why people are worried are threefold:
1. The nature of the illness with the bloody melted lungs.
2. A quick uptick in deaths from 1 to 64 in 5 days in one area. Keep in mind this is not all over Urkarine so we are talking out of thousands not millions. It is spreading very rapidly unlike the H1N1 that took a month or so to get this bad.
3. They are not sure why some of the people died. Authorithies are saying they are not sure if it is H1N1 or something more serious.

If this is not the H1N1 this could spread around the world. If it is a mutation it could also start happening in other countries.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sounds like what I have been warned about previously.

I just wanted to contribute by saying that there have been several mutations of the H1N1, all of them with much higher fatality rates. So far they have been contained but there is evidence suggesting that mutations are occurring world-wide and we will soon have several extremely deadly variations of the H1N1 in circulation globally.

This information was relayed to me by a good friend who interacts with Homeland Security, FEMA, and also has input in the WHO. It was suggested that I stock up on important supplies and to honestly be prepared for a Marshal Law Quartine scenario, as it is appearing more and more likely.

I did not honestly care about H1N1 until my friend shared this information with me, and he himself has already stocked up and is taking precautions to protect himself and his family. He is also utilizing specialized Hand Sanitizer that he says will protect your hands from harboring the H1N1 for upwards of 6-12 hours between applications. When it gets bad enough he will also be utilizing a mask that is specially treated with a polymer-bond sanitizer that kills H1N1 on contact.

In all, he says the biggest thing to fear is the mutation and subsequent quarantine that could occur nationally even globally that will severely limit and restrict basic services and even food and water. The few mutations they have caught have upwards of a 50% death rate, although subsequent infections from those mutations tend to be milder. But all it takes is 1 mutation to take hold.

I am not getting the shot, but I am putting together a survival kit and emergency supplies just in case. As well as First Aide supplies and the specialized sanitizers.

My friend has no reason to lie to me and he is indeed taking the precautions he recommended. He interacts directly with those in the know and also has access to sensitive "NON PUBLIC" information.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks my friend for all the effort you have put in this thread, we here in the US and in ATS appreciate your post and latest information.

I have tried to find more information but the sites that are about the Ukraine are not very informative about the viral infection and the information is just what the regular main stream is telling.

Is hard when the language become a barrier when it comes to sites that are from local area in the Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
So let's calculate. Ukraine has around 46 million inhabitants. That's 46,000 "thousands". So if it has only 50% of its 2003 rate of 8.8 beds/1,000 (making it 4.4), then the number of beds would be 46,000 x 4.4, which is 202,400 beds.

However, not all of those beds or even hospital wards would be available for admitting infected patients from an epidemic. The trick would be to find out what the reserve capacity would be in such a situation.

Oh yeah mike, you must be a blast at parties.
;-)

From wiki: Flu pandemics typically come in waves. The 1889–1890 and 1918–1919 flu pandemics each came in three or four waves of increasing lethality. But within a wave, mortality was greater at the beginning of the wave.
So maybe the second wave started in Ukraine. And it's a natural spawn of the biological swine agent released accidently by Mexican government. But back to the bed calculation thing... a triage center can be opened at any Tempurpedic store if necessary, right?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Spreading rapidly...

Bulgaria: Flu Epidemic Declared in Yambol, Stara Zagora, Bourgas

SOFIA, November 2. (BTA). Regional epidemiological authorities declared Monday a state of flu epidemic in Yambol, Stara Zagora and Bourgas.

Bourgas municipality called off all mass cultural events. From today until November 7 school classes have been suspended on the entire territory of the municipality by decision of the regional team of experts responsible for the fight against flu and severe respiratory conditions.

In Yambol , the number of people who fell victim to such conditions last week reached 362 per 10,000. Students account for the largest number of patients which led to a "flu holiday" being declared until November 6.

BSANNA News

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Anyone reckon a TSAR bomb would solve this problem in a instant?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think there is one particular mischief maker alive on this thread. Fortunately I have a good nose for BS...
We are all second guessing. Let's hold with the paranoid panic for the moment eh?

[edit on 2-11-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I appreciate your touch of humor. We need a little of that sometimes.
A blast at parties I'm not...

But seriously, "available beds" is one of the key issues in disaster planning. While it's possible to set up beds almost anywhere (and you're quite right about that), patients infected with forms of ARI have special needs, sometimes on a more acute basis than (say) people injured in an earthquake, for example. They need access to medical-grade oxygen, require constant monitoring, possible intubation and so on. That's the problem, along with the fact that a patient can go from "serious" condition to literally "critical" in a very short time, even within minutes. So the patient-staff ratio needs to be high enough to deal with this.

I'm aware that pandemics come in waves, some greater and some lesser. I've lived through a few of them since the 1950's. But yes, it's the lethality and virulence of the pathogen that's really the issue and right now, though we know it's highly virulent (because the rise in infections tells us that), we're not sure how lethal it is.

I don't know the full story of what happened in Mexico. (Do any of us, really?) Could be like you say, or maybe not. But right now, what's happening in Ukraine seems to be moving along far quicker than the Mexico epidemic did.

Best regards,

Mike

[edit on 2/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Maby this is why all the hoopla and scare tatics from who and obama declaring national emergency.
Possible they knew this was going to happen, or at elast a very good chance and were tryin to put things in place before it happend.

Now he has the power to restrict travel, abroad as well within the states.

Odd that most the 'h1n1' reports are respitory related death's..

h1n1 a big cover for what ever this is?

Makes one wonder. We never get to see all the facts till years after the event.

You know what, this makes perfect sense, I think its a cover for this too, and this is the real one. Or, wouldnt it be lovely if they designed both to interact with each other in a certain way making it even worse. this is why they want to force immunization so as to ensure we get this one and are in a much more vulnerable state.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
ok. a little scary about the lung thing. the hype though is reminding me of the horror stories that came out of mexico* when h1n1 allegedly made it's first appearance in the world. turns out the thousands of deaths (or whatever the hype and rumor at the pinnacle turned out to be) weren't even a fraction of that. or is that just what we were ultimately told or were able to deduce. even now the exaggerations of "child deaths" can't really be confirmed, can they? it will be interesting to see the post-mortem on this one as compared to the one on mexico.

(*i don't happen to believe that h1n1 was first seen in mexico...i think plenty of people in the u.s. alone had it in late 2008 and early 2009 and they just didn't test for it...in fact? they're not testing for it now, which makes me all the more suspicious of the entire h1n1 thing in general...all of it...the outbreaks, the vaccines, the death numbers, the weird media coverage, the weird WHO alert levels and declarations of emergencies and school and business closings.

if this is biological, as implied in another topic, those connections are something to keep an eye on as well, as are the geopolitics in that region (russia, ukraine, starvation in the breadbasket of europe, the mossad connection, who benefits, and so on). my gut feel on all of this is more likely $$$ and a grab for remaining wealth and land, but what do i know.

wait and see and be prepared just in case. nothing else we can do.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

indeed. Yes, the rate of deterioration of 4 days and # of health workers down is also alarming.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread about this same topic.... thought it was appropriate here too.

I would like to add a personal touch to this story.

My 30 yr old son has been sick for weeks with some nasty flu like crap.... he sounds like hell on the phone.

At the end of last week, I read a few blips about this happening in the Ukraine and I started thinking.....

My son works at Pittsburgh International Airport....remember the recent G-20? Well, during that week, he saw (and was in close proximity to) people from all over the world, but his most noteworthy story was the time he spent with the Russian pilots. Somehow the ENTIRE crew on that particular flight missed a customs inspection completely. So much for security. BUT, when customs realized the error (some 4 hours AFTER the crew had gone off to their hotel) they were asked to return to the airport for the inspection. Guess who went to get them? Yes, it was my son. And he spent his time with them in a van...I think it was 45 min to an hour each way in transit. And then, less than a week later he got sick. And he's still sick.

Coincidence??

You decide.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
have there been any updates? there are toooo many pages to sift through. can someone give me a run down here?

my questions are...

did they figure out what bug it is thats causing these deaths?

is it bacterial, or viral?

any up to date death confirmations?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

have they tested him?

second line.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
have there been any updates? there are toooo many pages to sift through. can someone give me a run down here?

my questions are...

did they figure out what bug it is thats causing these deaths?

is it bacterial, or viral?

any up to date death confirmations?

Longest thread ever!
Minister of Health will report daily.
Death rate is doubling according to stats from last 4 days if accurate, unconfirmed. (problem is lack of hospital beds and staff)
Unknown mutation, or could be that the H1N1 test tools aren't being used properly. Samples will take 7 days to confirm. (problem with that is widespread contamination after 7 days and a bigger problem).
Panic is occuring and residents are confined to homes, with lots of rumors flying.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

thanks jay, daaamn...

so what are the un confirmed numbers looking like?

Yes... longest thread ever, and the first thread i have seen above 300 flags.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
My country is the neighbor of Ukraine. Whatever is going there, they're really scared. But what is also true and the media forget to mention, the vaccinations are also just started there. Before that there were no known H1N1 cases in Ukraine. In my country, Hungary, the people are refusing the vaccines and here in my country, there is no H1N1 outbreak at all. As the yesterday's poll shown, almost everyone is refusing the vaccines here. If here, in Hungary there will be no H1N1, and we bet on this, you will be able to see what caused the outbreak in Ukraine and in other countries, the vaccine itself.

Here the local government is already begging to us to take the vaccines and now they're using Ukraine for their fear mongering via the media. But we're resisting and we're still not willing to take the vaccine. Also if Ukraine has flu season, we should have too as we used to have in the very same time. But here, the number of standard flu cases are even lowering, dropped by around 14000, as the people are not taking the seasonal flu vaccine either. Strange coincidence.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The situation is quickly changing with increasingly high levels of acute respiratory illness (ARI)/Influenza-like-illness (ILI) activity being observed in Ternopil, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, and Chernivtsi regions. The higher levels of transmission in these regions corresponds to an increased number of hospital admissions and fatalities associated with severe manifestations of acute respiratory illness.

From the WHO site...dated as near as I can tell Oct 30

A quickly changing situation but not so quickly added updates. Why are they so slow?

link   

Originally posted by Sharrow
My country is the neighbor of Ukraine. Whatever is going there, they're really scared. But what is also true and the media forget to mention, the vaccinations are also just started there. Before that there were no known H1N1 cases in Ukraine. In my country, Hungary, the people are refusing the vaccines and here in my country, there is no H1N1 outbreak at all. As the yesterday's poll shown, almost everyone is refusing the vaccines here. If here, in Hungary there will be no H1N1, and we bet on this, you will be able to see what caused the outbreak in Ukraine and in other countries, the vaccine itself.

i remember taking a flu vaccine, not swine flu, but a regular one, and 1 got sick from it, and its the first flue i have ever gotten.

i wouldn't be surprised that a lot of people are sick from the vaccine, and the bug mutated.

i dont know why the media wont correlate the vaccinations, and the sickness increase immediately after-wards.... wait they have pharma sponsors...

I hope this isnt as bad as its hyped up to be.

link   
Just in from the university.

Do not panic, only 67 dead,

Now we have enough tamiflu to treat anyone whos sick.

Just take basic precaution, eat garlic and onion. Stay in your room.

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join