It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hey there! Just had another thought that may be related to this, since im in the UK. Anyway, i seen a news report that basically said that the Uk imports a LOT of food from the Ukraine. Im sure the majority of the import was Wheat. Now what would be the implications if this new flu drastically became more wide spread? The Uk wont get so much food, and im sure that the Ukraine also trades more with other nations. So could this already be quite wide spread? How far away from each-others is each reported out break? And im thinking, could the virus be spread on contact with traded goods?

Id like to know.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by asen_y2k

Thank you! I hope that all goes well for you over there, it doesn't sound like any fun. Thanks in advance for any more updates.

Thanks a lot for your wishes. And I will keep updating this thread with any information I get. Hope this situation passes soon.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
someone answer my question please... from what i can tell one person has died of h1n1... whats the big deal?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
ok, so...if your in the Ukraine

Dont leave home unless critical...wear facemasks and plastic gloves when out. use the phone verses visit...talk to people through the door (hang a sign on the front door of how you wont open it due to potential infection), sit back and be calm...oh, and make sure your family is also following the rules.

Hopefully it will die out as quickly as its coming on, and should it start appearing over in my state here, I will be very much a shut in for a little while.

Captain Trips at it again.

I am following most of the rules here, but sadly I live in a hostel. Hostels are the worst places to be due to the close proximity to other people. And we have been told not to get out without a solid reason.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Whats with this double triple posts!!!

[edit on 30/10/09 by asen_y2k]

link   
News agencies are saying that it is Swine Flu, but others are saying Swine Flu has been ruled out. I'm confused. What is this crap? If it's a form of Hemoragic Pneumonia, then Ukraine is in trouble.

Please don't let this cross into U.S. Where I live, every one I know is sick from a certain cold virus, it spread like wildfire this month. I can't imagine something like what is in the Ukraine hitting California.

link   
Double post

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Double post....as usual...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
someone answer my question please... from what i can tell one person has died of h1n1... whats the big deal?

There have been 37 deaths so far....
Only one (or two?) confirmed as Swine Flu (H1N1).
The other (35?) deaths are being reported as from an UNKNOWN virus. i.e. Not Swine Flu.
There has been mention of Pneumonic Plague, and other VERY NASTY virus infections.

That's why there is a bit of a panic on.

regards,
G

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cut up some onions and place them in bowls around your hostel. Can't hurt. Old wives tales and homegrown cures or preventative techniques shouldn't be dismissed these days.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funked
Anyone have any more links about this? Nothing on CNN, MSNBC, Rueters, or Fox.

Well, to be fair, the local media here in Prague are only just latching on to this story now -- and we are not exactly light years from Ukraine.

According to a report in Lidove Noviny (People's News) here, while the Polish border is now going to be subject to some controls, the Czech government is not taking any action for now beyond waiting for advice from the EU health authorities and the WHO. In other words, they're aware of the problem but will not do anything to check people coming into this country from the Ukraine:

Cesko je podle mluvciho ministerstva zdravotnictvi Vlastimila Srsne o situaci a o vysledcich testu informovano standardnimi informacnimi kanaly Evropske unie, Svetove zdravotnicke organizace (WHO) i Ukrajiny.

"Na zaklade dostupnych informaci Cesko prozatim neplanuje zadna preventivni opatreni v oblasti cestovani, ani vuci obcanum Ukrajiny na uzemi CR," rekl mluvci ministerstva zdravotnictvi Vlastimil Srsen.

(Quoted without the accents on the various letters as they would look weird if you don't have the fonts loaded.)

Translation:

According to Vlastimil Srsen, spokesperson for the Ministry of Health, the Czech Republic is being informed about the situation and the results of tests via the standard information channels of the European Union, the WHO and the Ukraine.

"On the basis of available information, the Czech Republic is not for now planning any preventative measures in the area of travel, not even in respect of Ukrainian citizens," said the spokesperson for the Ministry of Health, Vlastimil Srsen.

For anyone who reads Czech or a related language and who'd like the whole article, you can find it here.

I should point out that Lidove Noviny is one of our more "serious" newspapers. It's not a tabloid in other words.

The above article also confirms that this new infection produces symptoms "similar to flu" (meaning that it's not yet known if it is a form of flu itself). It also confirms that the Ukraine parliament will close schools, restrict public gatherings and even visits to cinemas.

I am dismayed (to put it mildly) that in light of all this, and also the fact that we have thousands of Ukrainian workers here (legally and otherwise), the Czech govt has seen fit to basically take a wait-and-see attitude.

I only hope that this will turn out to be something that can be identified. treated and controlled quickly. With the way the borders are so open in Europe now, this infection could have already been unknowingly spread throughout a region with a population in the many hundreds of millions -- and that's just in greater Europe.

This concerns me far more than the "swine flu", which here has caused one confirmed death and possibly another, and where even the number of infections are quite low.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

thanks gordie, i too am a drummer. so dang 37 deaths... i was wondering why they were closing down the whole country for 3 weeks... thought that seemed kinda harsh if it were just 1 death from swine flu ... spooky

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Hi TheCoffinman,

the big deal is that as yet, the medical professionals don't know what this new infection is. They only know that it has flu-like symptoms, it hits younger people very hard, and it is already causing enough deaths to be of very serious concern.

I have not seen reports that state this in an H1N1 mutation or even that it's H1N1 at all. That's the problem. They just don't know what they are dealing with.

Mike

[edit on 30/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cut up some onions and place them in bowls around your hostel. Can't hurt. Old wives tales and homegrown cures or preventative techniques shouldn't be dismissed these days.

Well eer if I do that I guess i will be called onion boy for the rest of my stay here
But surprisingly we were told to eat onions and garlic. Well I am gonna chop up a few and keep it in my room.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ukraine closes all schools, cinemas over swine flu

By Anya Tsukanova (AFP)

Tymoshenko said the government would also be banning "all public gatherings, every concert and every cinema showing for three weeks." The government will also introduce "special regimes" to limit the movement of Ukraine's citizens from one region to another for non-urgent purposes, she said. Ukraine has borders with four EU countries.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Martial law ??? Seems odd.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by piett]

[edit on 30-10-2009 by piett]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colopatiron
Also one of my favorite websites...
www.earthclinic.com

A little off topic but thank you very much for this amazing website..

On topic, I really hope that this isn't a mutation that has no real defense at this late stage of the game.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

thanks mike, hope this is hyped over nothing cause being halloween and all... just a tad spooky..

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's started finding it's way into the MSM now.... and they appear to be highlighting the H1N1 Swine Flu death, rather than the 30-odd Unknowns?

Link to Reuters Article

regards,
G

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am in Moldova which is next to Ukraine. My friends here tell me the virus in Ukraine is H1N1.

I do not know how reliable that information is but it is what I am told anyway.

I am not aware of any serious situation here in Moldova with the Flu. We do share our East and North border with Ukraine.. and Lviv where the outbreak in Ukraine is centered is about 250 miles or so north of where I am.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

That is what I worry about most. That by the time that we find out the information on this "new" virus it will be to late to do anything about it. I hope that one of the msm news agencies gets some answers on what is going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join