It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks for noticing how bias and controlled our news media are, only when somebody from outside the US can tell that for sure it feels like a reality check for us in our nation.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I have been thinking about that for a long time as an alternative to swine flu shot for a while, but taking into consideration, but first I need to check on the possible side effects.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by XXXN3O

I am not really seeing what is so crap about this topic? Is there something that I am missing here? Are you saying that this really isnt happening? Need some clarification here.

I am not saying this is not happening, I am saying that the media is blowing this out of proportion just like they did with swine flu.

Everyone is seeping the fearmongering up.

Look at all the false figures that were pumped into peoples heads with swine flu before they delcared it a pandemic. Even right now the media is still talking gibber when it comes to facts. The specific health rules are being ignored and people are going to the media for information when its their false nonsense thats making the public allow the government to do what ever the heck they want.

Its constantly, war, death, disease, drought, global warming, famine and vaccinations.

It is being rammed down everyone jugulars at an incredible rate and people are eating it up like theres no tomorrow.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Fromabove

I have been thinking about that for a long time as an alternative to swine flu shot for a while, but taking into consideration, but first I need to check on the possible side effects.

Glad you asked, there are absolutely no side effects and nothing living or partially alive is injected into you. Already checked and the shot has been around a long time and well proven.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
It all depends on how many the WHO has genetically engineered to spread about the public. ALL of these virus's are MAN MADE, that is a fact. A virus does not suddenly appear NATURALLY in nature. A Virus is a blood born pathogen. That is a fact.

Most of your statements are so preposterous that they require a response.

How do you know that "all of these virus's [sic] are MAN MADE"? Where is your evidence?

Of course viruses occur ("appear") "naturally in nature"!

The influenza virus is known to naturally mutate. It sometimes has little effect, but other times the mutation has very drastic effects indeed, as in the flu pandemic of 1918 which killed more people than those who died as a result of WWI. Are you saying that virus was "man made" and did not simply occur naturally?

Viruses are able to be transported in the blood of the host. Yes, that is a fact. And, yes, they can even be pathogens, though not all viruses are pathogenic to humans.

They are also in some cases able to survive in the air, usually attached to or within minute water droplets, which allows them to be ingested by another who can then be infected as the virus crosses the capilliary barrier in the lungs and enters the blood stream.

This is one reason why people wear surgical masks in some circumstances. To avoid ingesting air-borne bacteria or viruses which might be pathogens.

[edit on 30/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service

Situation Update No. 4
On 30.10.2009 at 12:16 GMT+2

05:39 p.m.

Doctors are calling on citizens not to vaccinate against influenza, because such vaccination in the midst of the epidemic may injure the health, coordinator of epidemic influenza in Lviv Miron Borysevich claimed at a press conference, proUA.com reports. "When an outbreak of influenza begins, nobody is being vaccinated. From the point of view of epidemiology this can not be done because it is harmful. It may harm the patient," - he said. At the same time, doctors advise not to communicate with people who are sick. If you have to contact with sick people, use flu masks.

A closed meeting has been held in Ivano-Frankivsk, at which participants agreed that epidemic of the so-called "pneumonic plague" is being spread throughout Ukraine. But the problem is its form is unknown, it is ATYPICAL nobody knows how to treat it.

PNEUMONIC PLAGUE has an acute course than other forms, over and is accompanied by a very high mortality rate. The incubation period of primary pneumonic plague rarely exceeds more than 1-4 days. It begins, as a rule, suddenly - with shivering, fever, headache, myalgia, weakness, nausea. The symptoms of pneumonia - cough with phlegm, chest pain, shortness of breath - usually appear on the second day of the disease. Blood spitting, growing respiratory disorders, heart failure, respiratory failure, shock are being observed. In primary pneumonic plague phlegm usually is watery or mucinous, foamy, with blood or visibly bloody. A secondary pneumonic plague occurs as interstitial pneumonia. Phlegm is scanty and more dense and viscous than in primary pulmonary plague. It is believed that in this regard, patients are less contagious.

As a reminder, yesterday, on October 28 flu epidemic in the Ternopil Region, which had appeared a week ago, mowed down nearly 10,000 of residents. Moreover - unknown virus has already killed seven people. Ministry of Health has confirmed 20 deaths from pneumonia in Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk and Lviv Regions.

SOURCE

Mod Edit: Added external source tags and source link.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/30/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Check out the thread, the MSM has been downplaying the whole story.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

When a country the size of the Ukraine, which is not exactly rolling in money, take the drastic economic step of basically shutting down for three weeks, that is not blowing things out of proportion. That is a matter for serious concern.

Rather than blowing things out of proportion, the western media are in fact mis-reporting this matter, so that it appears the Ukraine is over-reacting.

Compared to President Obama's declaration of a national emergency because of swine flu, where approximately 1,000 deaths occurred out of a population of 300 million (and where there are about 30,000 deaths a year from seasonal flu, which is not a national emergency apparently), I'd say the Ukrainian people are reacting reasonably to combat an unknown and potentially very dangerous threat.

Don't get me wrong here: I take your point that there has been way too much scare-mongering about swine flu, in some countries at least. Here, most people are not concerned about it at all. But this is different because the infection is reported by medical experts to be far more virulent than swine flu, and therefore harder to treat.

I'll repeat what I said earlier: this concerns me a lot more than the "swine flu pandemic". If it doesn't concern you then that's fine. I'm glad that you are able to take such a detached perspective. But please allow us at least to continue to discuss this matter without pouring on the cold water, at least while we are waiting to find out what the hell the pathogen actually is.

Mike

[edit on 30/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was just reading this book in my english class called Secret Lives of Sergeant John Wilson, and it had alot of information on the spansih flu that infected one third of the population, and had killed an estimated 100,000 people, it was a strain of influenze a, which is a sub-type of H1N1 I believe!!!! This virus has the EXACT same symptoms, mass heamorrhages causing death or death from pneumonia... It mutated back then because of the world war that was happening, i cant remember which one, the soldiers in the trenches were basically a breeding ground for this stuff. The first wave wasn't that bad, the people who had it were lucky... because when the second wave hit, thats when it started doing some serious damage. So is the spanish flu happening all over again? Because if it is we can expect millions of people to die.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Chernobyl meets swine flu and becomes nuclear mutated h1n1 swine flu. This could get scarier than h1z1 swine flu zombies from Mexico.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i've been surfing and reading.. not finding much, kind of a guessing game at this stage. but i found the description for Pneumonic plague interesting..

Pneumonic plague can be caused in two ways: primary, which results from the inhalation of aerosolised plague bacteria, or secondary, when septicemic plague spreads into lung tissue from the bloodstream. Pneumonic plague is not exclusively vector-borne like bubonic plague; instead it can be spread from person to person.

There have been cases of pneumonic plague resulting from the dissection or handling of contaminated animal tissue. This is one type of the formerly known Black Plague. It could kill 90%–100% of a population if the victims coughed and passed on the bacteria.

Symptoms The most apparent symptom of pneumonic plague is coughing, often with hemoptysis (coughing up blood). With pneumonic plague, the first signs of illness are fever, headache, weakness, and rapidly developing pneumonia with shortness of breath, chest pain, cough, and sometimes bloody or watery sputum.

The pneumonia progresses for two to four days and may cause respiratory failure and shock. Without early treatment, patients will die, some within 24 hours.

Wiki

RichyW, I would hope that that is not the case... it could get real nasty if that is whats happening..

[edit on 30-10-2009 by severdsoul]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Please note this site:

www.ukranews.com...

This is not an unknown virus, it is just H1N1. The translation on the other site is just terrible.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This new virus in Ukraine is probably developed and released in Ukraine by Baxter. As you recall, they tried earlier to create an avian flu pandemic by deliberately shipping out 72 kg of live avian viruses. A fact whitch they have admitted.

Since Baxter operates under a Biosafety level 3 lab where this occurred, it is impossible for this to have happened as an accident. It is just as likely to accidentally leave Fort Knox with some gold under your arm...

It may look like they succeeded this time. In August this year it was warned that this would happen, and that it probably would happen in Ukraine too.

This is the start of the second wave. This time more virulent and more deadly. It behaves a lot more like the 1918 flu. Both in symptoms and in the short time it takes from onset to death.

Google this string for more info into this theory: Joseph Moshe Bar vaccine bio weapon Ukraine

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Lethal flu epidemic registered in Ukraine - Health Ministry

The A/H1N1 highly pathogenic influenza epidemic has been registered in Ukraine, Health Minister Vasyl Kniazevych has told the press on Thursday.
Two laboratories have confirmed this diagnosis: 11 cases out of 33 tests are recorded.

Kniazevych noted that out of 21 tests that have been examined at the Yanovsky Institute of Pulmonology and Phthisiology, seven A (Н1N1) cases are confirmed. Out of 12 tests studied by the Sanitary Epidemiological Service, four A (Н1N1) flu cases are confirmed.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I just read that this new virus in the Ukraine was the result of a scientist seeking a potent gene that would be very virulent. This is all beginning to sound like the book and movie by Stephen King called "The Stand".

www.theflucase.com... news&Itemid=64&lang=en

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RichyW

The war was the First World War, which officially ended on 11/11/1918, at 11 a.m.

But yes, the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic was an H1N1 strain and it was very, very infectious and deadly. It seemed to be worse for younger people, which until then was the opposite of the way flu viruses were known to behave. But that's the trouble with mutations of the flu virus. They are unpredictable.

Actually the total number of people who died in the 1918 pandemic is not accurately known. It was tens of millions, but some estimates go as high as 50 million.

We have to recognize that they had much poorer standards of general medical care in 1918, certainly for people who had little money. That may have helped to increase the number of deaths from this pandemic.

Hopefully we'll be better prepared to deal with a really deadly flu than we were in back then. It would be helpful if there was not so much hype over flu pandemics that are really no worse than the seasonal flu which comes around every year, though.

I still cannot understand why a national emergency (because of swine flu) was declared in the US. Sure, I've read lots of theories but it still doesn't make a lot of sense. Not in terms of helping or protecting the population, anyway.

Let's hope this problem in the Ukraine can be gotten under control. At least they're taking action early, which is better than waiting to see how things will go.

Mike

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Iago18

Just read through that link and I see nowhere that it says its the H1N1 that has killed these 33 people. Maybe you could highlight and post where it specifically states this? As far as I know this is a yet to be determined virus. Even their own regional epidemiologist has said that.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Yes you are right, but our last outbreak in 1976 happen to infect first soldiers in Fort Dix, by the time it started to spread to the population the first infected were 200 soldiers.

This bring the conspiracies about been tampered at the time by government experiments.

The rapid way that the WHO call it a pandemic and the way big pharma got hold over 123 million dollars for the propaganda of the mass vaccination could not be deny. But to big pharma demise the vaccine was deadly and it cost 5 million dollars of tax payer to pay the people affected by it .

The same events seems to be happening right now in the out brake today.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Chernobyl meets swine flu and becomes nuclear mutated h1n1 swine flu. This could get scarier than h1z1 swine flu zombies from Mexico.

Maybe you spoke that in jest, but considering that Cernobyl is in the Ukraine, it's not as far-fetched as it might seem. Farms some ways downwind would have had higher radiation levels, and pigs are a common livestock in this part of the world. Flu virus mutates anyway, but throw in some extra radiation and you never know...

Anything's possible.

Mike

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join