It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

You're right -- and that's the point I was making about whether the figures are accurate. Any death is tragic and we are not ignoring that at all, but looking at it realistically, the rate being reported is not even close to seasonal flu's typical 0.1%. So, if the figures haven't been fudged, this epidemic is causing way fewer fatalities than "normal" (ie seasonal) flu. If that's the reality then we should be celebrating, not running off to get vaccinated...

And if it's so non-lethal I find it amazing that six doctors have died of it in the past week. Seems incredibly disproportionate to the general population.

Do you see why I'm suspicious? Sure, a lot of people are being infected but if virtually all of them will recover, then why is there any emergency? But, the Ukrainian president called it an emergency... It doesn't make a lot of sense.

But then, Obama declaring an emergency in the US for swine flu didn't make much sense either from what most people have opined.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ukraine's flu outbreak shows signs of slowing

Every second Ukrainian will catch the flu this season, partly because of a government ban on flu vaccinations in the autumn, Interfax quoted Oleksy Hromazyn, spokesman for Ukraine's Ministry of Emergency Situations, as saying.

Ukraine's Ministry of Health put a moratorium on flu vaccinations in September after a series of deaths, mostly of children, who had received flu vaccine at government health clinics.

The effective absence of flu vaccinations in Ukraine since then has helped widen and deepen the impact of the present flu outbreak, Hromazyn was quoted as saying.

Read more: www.monstersandcritics.com...

So the Ukraine banned all vaccines in September and then they have a outbreak in November?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
www.kyivpost.com...

Kilchytska: Swine flu cases registered in Kyiv rise to 7
Today at 16:49 First deputy Kyiv mayor Irena Kilchytska said that on Nov. 6 the total number of people whoh have fallen ill with А/Н1N1 virus has reached seven already. One person, a woman, 35, has died.

The other six, according to the official website of Kyiv mayor's office, are getting treatment at state and private hospitals.There are 45, 085 ill with acute respiratory virus diseases and seasonal flu. Medical authorities, in particular, registered 9, 669 cases in the past 24 hours. Nearly 1, 000 have been hospitalized.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have been searching through the last few pages trying to find out if Asen made it home yet. He stated he was feeling ill the day before he left and I really am unable to find any updated posts from him. Has anyone heard?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iggster

Yes, he got home and he's feeling well. I got a text message from him this morning my time. I posted about this on page 130.

Mike

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

... after a series of deaths, mostly of children, who had received flu vaccine at government health clinics.

A series of deaths? Mostly of children? Who had received flu vaccine?

Is there any thread on ATS that covered this and I missed it? Does anyone know more about this event?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
www.kyivpost.com...

WHO experts forecast three waves of A/H1N1 flu in Ukraine
Today at 13:39 | Interfax-Ukraine The World Health Organization (WHO) has forecasted three waves of A/H1N1 flu in Ukraine and in the world, Head of WHO office in Ukraine Ihor Pokanevych told Deutsche Welle on Nov. 5.

According to him, the first wave is being observed now, the second will come next spring, and the third during the autumn of 2010.

Pokanevych said that imposing quarantines and vaccination should be the main focus of flu A/H1N1 prevention in Ukraine. According to him, it would be reasonable to continue quarantine measures in Ukraine's western regions and to impose quarantine in the regions where a rate of infections may soon exceed the epidemiological threshold.

Moreover, Pokanevych insisted on the need for the urgent immunization of the population against the A/H1N1 virus.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeAndAware
I found that the information in the link below is really out there but makes a lot of sense to explain what is going on. It may well be the 1918 flu that killed hundreds of millions in a time when the transportation system wasn't nearly what we have today.

www.ken-welch.com...

Thanks for linking this. It was verrrry interesting read and it actually makes sense. In a scary way. Star for you.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hey all,
I am back and reporting from India now. Apparently this new virus has popped up in India...wat luck, I get out of Ukraine to India and now, its here too!! Now where do i go?? North Pole??

Updates during the flight- Once we boarded the Lviv-Istanbul flight we were handed masks and told to wear them in the plane and turkish airport so we don't infect anyone. At their airport we were the only people to have masks on and ground staff immediately wore gloves and masks when we started queing up at the transit desk.

Anyways passes health screening in India. Infrared cameras showed I had no temperature
So I think I am fine.

Now i am going post about the situation in India...

(Always at ATS's service)

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

So many coincidences.
Sounds like an attempted Hit to me.
Interesting concept. The panic in the Ukraine sets the stage for the real bioweapon. The Vaccine.
I was thinking when I first heard of this that Moshe said it was in the vaccine. But no ones been vaccinated?
Yet. Until December?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by squiz]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Swine-Flu Panic in Ukraine: Crisis or Political Ploy?

Ukraine is in the midst of what some might call swine-flu hysteria. The country is in virtual lockdown mode, with the government closing schools, universities and movie theaters and banning all public gatherings until the end of November. Pharmacies have run out of protective masks; those who missed the rush are improvising with scarves or homemade facsimiles. And rumors are running rampant, much as they did during Soviet times when the authorities tried to cover up disasters like the Chernobyl nuclear-plant meltdown. "We are worried that the swine flu has mutated and is killing scores of people," says Nina Sokolovska as she stands in line at a pharmacy.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
www.kyivpost.com...

U.S. Embassy: U.S.-Ukraine cooperation underway to combat H1N1
Today at 17:45 In an effort to stop the global spread of pandemic 2009 H1N1 influenza virus, the United States is planning to donate 10 percent of US domestic H1N1 vaccine supply, as it becomes available, to a WHO-led H1N1 vaccine initiative. The US donation to WHO, equivalent to 25 million doses of vaccine, would be valued commercially at approximately $10 million.

As part of the first phase of this initiative, Ukraine is scheduled to receive 930, 000 doses of H1N1 vaccine in early December. Planning to complement this donation with a broad range of interventions to support the safe delivery and deployment of the vaccines, the USG will be working closely with the Government of Ukraine in the days ahead to identify needs and agree on a package of immunization-related commodity and technical support that can be implemented rapidly to support H1N1 immunization. As required and requested by the GOU, the USG is prepared to make available immunization ancillary materials such as syringes, needles, and vaccine safety disposal boxes, to provide technical support for immunization planning as well as for logistics and assistance to transport the vaccine, to train vaccinators and other professionals, and to prepare communications materials in support of the immunization campaign, according to US Embassy Kyiv Press Office .

The U.S. recognizes that improved access to the H1N1 vaccine will limit the spread of the virus and help save lives, and stands ready to provide robust and timely support to the Government of Ukraine to address this global health threat.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I wouldn't base my suspicions only or mostly on those 6 dead doctors.

And about the Ukrainian president calling it an emergency - i don't trust any government and some governments like the Ukrainian i trust even lesser than others, according to how corrupt they use to be. I think they would say and do almost anything, if the lobby's payment is high enough

Oh, and Obama, the other "emergency-caller", is also just a puppet as we (hopefully) all know.

Ko3

[edit on 6-11-2009 by kid_of_3NKi]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Good to have you back online, my friend... I have to admit I was pretty anxious about you until you sent that text message.

Nice of them to give you masks on the plane... How did you all manage eating and drinking? Hard to do with a mask properly fitted.

Weird situation in Ukraine. Around 760,000 infected and 109 deaths reported. Including six doctors.

It was I think 37 deaths when around 37,000 had been infected, which gave a rate of about 0.1% (like seasonal flu's rate). Now it's down to 0.014%. Pretty amazing decline. Does that strike you as odd?

Mike

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Okay, I have to confess... I stopped reading this thread somewhere around page 50 and have not been in here in the past few days. Is my following summary correct?

1. Baxter ships contaminated vaccines.
2. Moshe is taken down by police in LA while warning about a bad vaccine (bioweapon) in Ukraine.
3. Ukraine vaccine was halted amidst fears it is dangerous. (Link?)
4. Ukraine gets hit hard with mystery virus which is H1N1, not H1N1, pneumonia, not pneumonia etc. (This thread)
5. The WHO is making sure Ukraine will get H1N1 vaccines for all people. (This thread)

Am I missing anything?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I hope we're not arguing about this. Frankly I agree with most of what you said already anyway. There are some points where we might disagree but I fully concur that what we are being served up as information and "fact" may be far from the truth. Same with who or what started all this. And hidden agendas.

The 6 dead doctors is an anomaly that I simply commented on. I am curious about anomalies in serious medical matters like epidemics. It's certainly not the sole basis for my suspicions by a long shot. But it is anomalous and has me wondering.

I don't trust the Ukrainian high authorities an inch...
Comes from living in this part of the world. We've been watching their shenanigans for years. That's why I'm so suspicious of their figures.

If you're US-based then you are better placed than I to decide about Obama. I wouldn't challenge you on that score.

Best regards,

Mike

Edit for typos.

[edit on 6/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
So the Ukraine banned all vaccines in September and then they have a outbreak in November?

Propaganda doesn't get better then this for Big Pharma. They now control the diseases and the cures. Apparently it doesn't matter who dies in the wake as long as trillions of dollars are made from human suffering.

Well done... well done.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

I hope we're not arguing about this. Frankly I agree with most of what you said already anyway...

Don't worry m8, we're not arguing (in a negative way), as long as we don't attack each other personaly and i don't have any intention to go into that direction

Ko3

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneInDarkness
I don't about anyone else. But a virus that spreads to humans, swine, cats, ferrets, turkeys, and such. Is too universal of a virus. The odds are obviously stacked against us. This virus has the ability to exchange information with other viruses easily and has been spreading to different species of animals. It technically is the virus we have been all fearing. With parameters like this, its unstoppable and will eventually mutate into a deadlier form. I mean the changes are that it will eventually mix with bird flu at this rate. Right?

Here's my thought on this. Virii belong to the natural world. They operate as part of the natural ecosystem that is always in balance. We humans have tried to sidestep the natural process through vaccinations and drugs, which has backfired and produced super bugs and now viruses that are more potent than ever before.

It is our human intervention that has caused these monsters. We, humans, would be better off at the end of the day if we followed natural ways, and allowed our own bodies to come up with the needed defenses against these naturally occurring attackers.

Good food, good exercise, good rest and natural herbs. Nature will prevail.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
President says elections could be delayed until May 2010 if situation does not get better.

Would certainly buy him more time.

www.alertnet.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join