It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
ROSBALT.RU: South Ossetian brought "swine flu" back from Ukraine
www.rosbalt.ru...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Ukrainian flu kills a businessman in Russia (Penza oblast)
briansk.ru...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Belarus President Lukashenko calls vaccine and drug producers as "supercorrupt bandits".
www.afn.by...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot
Ukrainian Prime Minister Tymoshenko blames EU countries for "swine flu" epidemics:
mediaua.com.ua...

Comment: Ukrainians are turning their anger against the West as I predicted in my earlier posts.

And rightly so. We should all sue Mexico for allowing the lax standards at the La Gloria Swine Farm where this outbreak began and for helping Smith Farms in covering it up afterwards.

Considering Mexico's number one export is Mexicans I guess we could all take an illegal alien in payment.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

You're right. It was in February. That “mistake” was discovered here in the Czech Republic. Here’s a text from CeskeNoviny (Czech News), a generally reliable news server. It’s dated 17 February 2009.

It even has an English version of the report that you can access via the link within the Czech page. However, please note that the English version does not include all of the Czech original.

I have therefore done a complete translation of the report. I do not use online auto-translators for Czech or Slovak reports. I'd rather do them myself. The following text will perhaps illustrate why. I have included some notes where I think they are appropriate.

This time I've left the Czech "accents" in the text. Let me know if this renders it "unreadable" or not. I don't know as I have Czech fonts loaded. But you can see the original online anyway...

Here is the Source document

My codes added into the text mean:

EV = English Version (ie The “Online“ version)

CT = Complete translation. (ie My translation of the whole text.)

Text and translation begins:

Lidem hrozila nákaza smrtící ptačí chřipkou

EV: Several Czechs threatened with bird flu - press

CT: People threatened with infection by deadly bird flu

NOTE: the word “deadly” (“smrtici”) is missing from the online English version.

Konárovice (Kolínsko) - Některým lidem v Česku hrozila podle dnešní Mladé fronty Dnes (MfD) nákaza smrtící ptačí chřipkou. List informuje, že agresivní virus ptačí chřipky H5N1 nedopatřením obsahovala vakcína rakouské farmaceutické firmy Baxter, kterou testovala společnost Biotest v Konárovicích na Kolínsku. V nebezpečí se ocitli všichni, kdo přišli do styku s fretkami, na nichž byla vakcína zkoušena. Nikdo nakonec nebyl nakažen, informuje MfD s tím, že podle odborníků bylo štěstí, že se vir nerozšířil mezi obyvatele.

EV: Konarovice - Some Czechs were threatened by getting infected with the dangerous H5N1 bird flu virus strain from a vaccine developed by the Austrian pharmaceutical company Baxter that was tested on ferrets, the daily Mlada fronta Dnes (MfD) writes today.

CT: Konarovice (Kolin) -- According to today’s Mlada Fronta Dnes (MfD) several people in the Czech Republic were threatened with infection by deadly bird flu. The paper informs [us] that the aggressive H5N1 bird flu virus was mistakenly included in vaccine from Baxter, the Austrian pharmaceutical firm, which was tested by the Biotest company in Konarovice near Kolin. Everyone who came into contact with the ferrets that were tested with the vaccine felt at risk. In the end nobody was infected, MfD informs [us], as well as saying that according to experts it was fortunate that the virus did not spread among inhabitants.

NOTES: “Dangerous” (Czech: “Nebezpečný”) is not used in the Czech original. It uses “deadly”. No mention is made in the online English version of how “aggressive” (“agresivni”) it is, or how it got included in the shipment either.

"Vakcínu v Biotestu testovali na fretkách od začátku ledna. Výzkum byl povolen ministerstvem průmyslu a obchodu. Najednou začaly fretky hynout a výzkum byl ukončen 6. února," řekl hlavní hygienik ČR Michael Vít. Následně Státní veterinární správa odhalila, že zvířata byla nakažena smrtelným virem ptačí chřipky. "Všechny fretky jsme museli zlikvidovat a firmu zavřít," řekl mluvčí veterinářů Josef Duben.

EV: The vaccine was tested by the Biotest company in Konarovice from early January and the research was permitted by the Industry and Trade Ministry, Czech chief sanitary officer Michael Vit told the paper.

"Suddenly the ferrets started dying and so the research stopped on February 6," Vit said.

The Czech veterinary authority revealed that the ferrets got infected with the lethal bird flu virus.

"All the ferrets had to be liquidated and the company had to be closed," said the authority's spokesman Josef Duben.

CT: “The vaccine was being tested at Biotest from the beginning of January. The research was sanctioned by the Ministry of Industry and Trade. All at once the ferrets began dying and the research was halted on February 6th,” said Michael Vit, the Czech Republic’s Head Hygienist. The State Veterinary Authority then determined that the animals had been infected by the deadly bird flu virus. “We had to liquidate all the ferrets and close the company,” said Josef Duben, a spokesman for the Authority.

Podle MfD se v nebezpečí ocitli všichni, kdo přišli s nakaženými fretkami do styku. "Třináct lidí okamžitě dostalo lék Tamiflu a všichni prošli testy. Naštěstí se ukázalo, že nikdo nebyl nakažen. I když už mají inkubační dobu za sebou, přesto je nadále testujeme na výskyt možných protilátek v krvi," uvedl Vít. Duben dodal, že "je to vážné varování, žádná legrace to nebyla".

EV: All 13 people who got into contact with the ferrets were in danger but they were lucky not to get infected, MfD writes.

"They immediately received the Tamiflu drug and they underwent tests. Fortunately, none of them got infected," Vit said.

However, Vit added that experts will continue to test these people.

Duben said the case was a "serious warning."

CT: According to MfD everyone who came into contact with the ferrets felt at risk. “Thirteen people were immediately given Tamiflu medicine and all underwent tests. Fortunately they showed that no-one had been infected. Even though they have the incubation period behind them, all the same we are continuing to test for the appearance of antibodies in [their] blood,” Vit mentioned. Duben added that “It is a serious warning; it was no joke.”

NOTES: The Czech text does not say that 13 people came into contact with the ferrets. It only says that all felt threatened, 13 people were given Tamiflu and all were tested. “All” does not need to mean “all of that specific 13”. It could be a larger number. We don’t know because it is not made clear and should not be assumed (as the EV assumes).

Podle MfD firma Baxter přiznala, že chyba se stala už v Rakousku a přes hranice posílala již "nakaženou zásilku". "Stalo se to zřejmě při balení. Informovali jsme testující společnost," řekl Richard Tischler z firmy Baxter. Podle něj dostalo lék Tamiflu dokonce 29 lidí.

EV: According to MfD, the Baxter company admitted that the mistake occurred in Austria and that it sent infected vaccines to the Czech Republic.

CT: According to MfD the Baxter company has admitted that the error occurred in Austria and that they sent “an infected package” over the border. “It most likely happened during packaging. We have informed the testing company,” said Richard Tischler from the Baxter company. He says [lit: according to him] that in the end 29 people were given the Tamiflu medicine.

End of text and translation

NOTE: Those final statements from Tischler don’t get a mention. We don’t know if the 29 people he refers to were supposedly at Biotest in Kolin (CZ) or at the Baxter facility, or even a combination of the two. However, as the Czech authorities speak of 13 people at Biotest who got Tamiflu, I think they ought to know. And why hide a higher figure? So what Tischler's figure of 29 people means is open to conjecture.

We also need to bear in mind that this online source is one that would often be used by western media sources as part of their contracted services for obtaining English-language reports from non-English-speaking countries. Most of them would not bother to check the Czech (no joke intended) as they can’t read it. They would just get the English version and assume that it contains all the key points.

However, in this case at least, it doesn’t. It’s been sanitized.

I leave it to you to judge how important or not this may be in light of the fact that Baxter sent shipments to 18 countries at this time (not just five) and that we don’t know how many of them knew of this problem in time. I have not even been able to find out (yet) which 18 countries received those shipments.

If anyone has that information then please post it. I wonder if one of them was Ukraine?

Mike

Edit. Missed a typo!

[edit on 6/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Mlada Fronta Dnes is a popular newspaper there but is considered to be a tabloid, is it not?

What I heard from virologists is that it was not a vaccine at all, it was a vector and was intended to infect the ferrets for study, just not the virus that ended up there. They claim the virus in question would not infect humans and that it would not have vectored from ferrets to humans.

I'm working on finding verification of those claims, I'm not presenting them as solid fact or anything at this time.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Americans to ship strains of plague, cholera and antrax to Odessa.
dumskaya.net...

Comment: Such plans of Pentagon, if indeed exist, will only fuel rumours and resentment of Ukrainians against the West.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

No, Mlada Fronta Dnes is not a tabloid. It's a slightly right-wing paper that's actually owned by a German firm. MfD is actually quite a serious paper and is the preferred medium for major companies to advertise for top-class employees.

Our most popular tabloid is called "Blesk" (Lightning), and that has the usual big pictures, "Shock Horror!" headlines and short sentences in big black print, mostly about which stars are sleeping with whom and such rubbish. I wouldn't even bother posting anything they might have to say about the matters under discussion. Their credibility is non-existent.

However, I completely understand what you mean by establishing whether only vectors were sent or complete vaccines. I'll dig back for more reports. Hospodarske Noviny (Business News, a local version along the lines of FT and very conservative) would be a good source so I'll check them. I'll also check Ministerstvo Zdravotnictvi (Health Ministry) to see what they might have filed away.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by nikiano

Also, Nikiano, it looks as though the Indian mystery virus is NOT a mutation. They are suspecting it is H1N2 or H2N2.

They say it was completely negative for H1N1..

There have always been many many deaths from several types of (flu) viruses (H/N combinations), just like now, but people didn't freak out about it at all, since pharma, governments and media haven't been fear mongering about it like they do this year.

I'm interested in mysteries and conspiracies etc. (thats why i'm here), but this thread now is getting more and more ridiculous with every tiny flu update being reported from all over the world.

Ko3

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Would it be correct to say that this new disease, whatever it is, is spreading like wildfire? It has shown up in several different nations now. Any info on the case in Oregon?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Would it be correct to say that this new disease, whatever it is, is spreading like wildfire? It has shown up in several different nations now. Any info on the case in Oregon?

Have we established that it is a new disease?
Again, the best thing to do now is to prepare for the worst. Many unnecessary deaths occur because people aren't prepared.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

Well, it is a news and updates thread for the Ukraine outbreak, not necessarily a conspiracy thread but we have to do something in between waiting for updates from asen. Now that he's left the country perhaps he will start a new thread on India for us to discuss.

I posted earlier that there's all kinds of diseases and viruses around so the outbreak of one right now anywhere other than H1N1 is going to generate a lot of attention because of the concern about mutations and so on.

For that many people to die that quickly though is only something we've seen from H1N1 recently so being as strange as it is the reports are worthy of attention if they are indeed accurate.

My understanding is it did test as a flu virus but not swine flu. If the dead are all or mostly young and healthy we have some serious concerns to apply. The last thing we need right now is another killer flu virus we have no vaccines for on top of the swine flu which may have mutated despite the early results on the Ukraine samples.

I'm wondering about the possibility of localized, highly lethal outbreaks of small size as the little seasonal flu left comes under evolutionary pressure in the competition for hosts with H1N1.

Though influenza makes a lousy bio weapon what if a nation like Pakistan who has the capability decided to launch an attack on India while all this flu pandemic attention is focused? Who would believe a deadly outbreak of another flu in India was an attack by someone?

What if H1N1 really is the result of an accidental release or intentional attack? Coming along outside the natural development cycle like it did is it possible the natural flu meant for this season would randomly turn out to be a pandemic virus? That scenario could see two pandemic flu viruses in the wild at the same time competing for hosts (which will accelerate mutations in both). If this natural flu is much stronger than the remains of last years seasonal flu it might put up a better fight than science expects it to and would not be so easily displaced.

All I know is the longer we go into this pandemic the weirder things are getting. One of my personal points of evidence for H1N1 not being a natural flu was the occurrence of something like this where we would have "too many" viruses floating around. I could be completely wrong in terms of virology but this outbreak in India is completely wrong if it is indeed a flu virus.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

If I were in your shoes and spoke the language I would contact the government officials involved and record the phone conversation. Theres a long list of questions I'd have for them. The articles I saw were short and light on all the details, it would be really nice to fill in some of those blanks.

If you're up to giving it a try let me know. Maybe you could act as interpretor and I could conduct the interview?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I realize that TPTB will not tell us the straight dope, but there has surely been ample time to identify what the disease is if it is not 'new' to us. Has WHO changed their stance on the H1N1 line? 35 dead in India testing negative for H1N1, what do we have here?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by butcherguy]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

DP

[edit on 6-11-2009 by butcherguy]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Has this been posted?

RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service
Budapest, Hungary

Swine Flu Vaccine Stolen
2009-11-06 06:04:22 Sarah Scott School, Milwaukee, State of Wisconsin, USA

A truck containing more than 900 doses of swine flu vaccine was stolen from outside
the former Sarah Scott School at 12th and Highland Thursday night. Police say three
men jumped in the truck and made off with it after the driver left it running.

"It was a crime of opportunity," said Captain Michael Massa of the
Milwaukee Police. The driver left the engine running while he went inside the
building. The truck was dumped just a few blocks away at 12th and Vine. There, a
witness pointed out a suspect who was leaving a nearby liquor store. That suspect
was arrested at the scene. Police said the 38-year-old Milwaukee man has a criminal
record. Police are still looking for two other men who were seen in the vehicle. The
arrest is the good news. The bad news is that the integrity of the vaccine can no
longer be trusted. "We will have to return those doses," said Milwaukee
Health Commissioner Bevan Baker. Baker went on to say that the planned clinic for
Friday at Sarah Scott School would take place as planned.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Top Gujarat (India) health officials down with "swine flu".
trak.in...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hey, Amagnon, and others-

No, I'm not trying to blind myself and not open my eyes. My eyes have been open for years now that there is something nefarious going on. What with 9/11, the bank bailouts, 7/7....and now the Baxter virus "mistake" (I don't believe for a second it was a mistake)....and the Polish Health Minister being censored....obviously something nefarious is happening.

But I'm having a hard time connecting the dots the same way you are. I think there's a missing piece of the puzzle.....more than just power and greed as motives. I think I figured out what it is.... . I'll post another thread with my theory later, because I don't want to hijack the thread with my thoughts on the ulterior motives of who would do something like this....

But yes, don't worry, my eyes aren't shut. I was just having a hard time wrapping my mind around what it all adds up to.

Also, I never truly believed that there is a NWO, an eilite group of individuals controlling the world.... until...today. I think it's finally sunk in. But like I said before...I think it has more to do than power and money and greed. I'll post my thoughts on another thread.

Now...back to the Ukraine.....so there is now martial law. Wow.

N

edit to add:

If anyone can recommend a good starting place for me to begin my research on the NWO, I would appreciate you sending me some U2U e-mails...maybe directing me to some good threads as to "who" (no pun intended) the NWO is, and more about them. Thanks.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by nikiano]

[edit on 6-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well, I hope it hasn't spread too much in India. I'm in Chennai right now, and I'm flying out tonight. Hopefully no one on the plane will have the flu. I'm sure a lot of people flying out of here took flights from Mumbai or other regions of India and are connecting onto flights elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So that is waiting all of us:

UKRAINIAN SECRET SERVICES ARRESTED PANDEMIC BLOGGER

The blogger was arrested for spreading "rumours and fearmongering" under special emergency laws the Ukrainian government is implementing under the pretext of fighting a pandemic.

hypercrypton.livejournal.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join