It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
REPLY TO THE POSTS ABOVE.

I am worried about the same thing, about spreading it. But I guess its just a minor cough and headache(i am a smoker) and I have no fever or weakness.

Before the ticket was 600 USD, now 1100 USD. The flights from Kiev to Delhi is cancelled, dunno why, they are not flying there anymore. They said they will do so from next year again. Friends who had two way booked on that ticket are now stuck
By the way I am flying to my home in India.
No they have not done anything on ground to stop people from panicking. All flights are fully booked for the next 1 week, I had to get 1st class tickets.

If I feel worse I will take some paracetamol and fly home and directly to the best hospital with the best quarantine facilities. And I will wear masks and gloves so I donot infect others. If you were in my shoes I bet you would have done that. Its better dieing with family there than to die in a foreign land where you body will not even reach your family....My frank opinion, won't hide it...

[edit on 4/11/09 by asen_y2k]

Best of luck, Asen.
I don't blame you one bit...I would probably do the same.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Speculation that the N1H1 virus in mutating.

fluboard.rhizalabs.com...

Over view for Prepares if the virus comes to your neighborhood.

www.p2s-prepared2survive.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by waterdoctor

Do not worry about a mutation, until the WHO give the signal. If it is true, it would explain the reason why the United States implemented a state of emergency so quickly.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, I just finished listening to the web bot interview from last night. They didn't talk about the current events (as we expected), but after listening to it, all I can say is that I'm not too worried about the flu anymore.

Yes, according to the web bot data set analysis from July 2009, this pandemic is supposed to be terrible, and it's supposed to sweep the world 9 times and kill 200 million people, but compared to what is coming in 2012......all I can say is whoa, boy....this is nothing.

Makes me realize that every day is precious....makes me ask myself how I want to spend the next couple of years.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Mods, this is very important for what I am about to say for those members whose lives are at risk in the Ukraine and surrounding countries.

I would like to thank Paxnatus for her information earlier in this thread. Unfortunately her information was derailed by Ecoparity. For those who do not know Paxnatus, she has a masters in nursing who has studied and researched level IV viruses. So her opinion is a validated one and she has only provided her information as an “opinion” based on the little news coming out of Ukraine. Unfortunately, it looks as if she was right.

We are all here seeking information and the “truth” to what is happening in Ukraine. This thread has been out of control with speculated opinions that seem to point toward an agenda.

These are very serious situations at hand that will have global consequences. This is not another conspiracy thread topic about aliens or Obama’s birth certificate……….People are dying as we speak! How these people die is horrible. And if Paxnatus is right then this will be moving into your neighborhood very soon.

This thread SHOULD BE a source of information. The MSM is not telling the story. Everyone has an opinion, but when members here like Eco are pushing a very strong “opinion” in every other post challenging every poster that presents different views should raise a red flag to all.

I point this out because many of you live there in the Ukraine or surrounding countries and you value the information you receive here to a point that you may put your life at risk based on false information that may come out of this thread or someone’s personal agenda.

Sighting and waiting for Dr. Niman to update his blog is one thing. But dismissing all other opinions to a point where the thread is hijacked is foolish for those whose lives are at risk right now!

If a member here has “valid” sources of information that is great and “their” opinion should be expressed for all to hear. But when a member post that I am in the “know” with my sources and your opinion is wrong over and over and over as Eco has done with many like Paxnatus should raise a huge Red Flag.

Since many members here on ATS are at risk and are looking for answers from this site I must reveal the following…………….

Paxnatus belonged to a very small group of about 15 members from around the globe in another forum owned by Eco. This group was formed to monitor the H1N1 and validate the direction of the virus. She was banned from that site last night for her post here on ATS informing those here with her validated opinion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Eco's comment.......

"Guys I'm sorry but Pax is going to have to go.
I don't care about disagreeing with me and all that and the rude posts on ATS but posting falsehoods is something I won't put up with. Anyone who has an issue with me terminating her account here can join her."

The problem is that Paxnatus has only given a very “good validated” opinion to all members here on ATS. There is no falsehood in her comments. Eco has been pushing an agenda that what has been taking place in Ukraine is just the “H1N1”. That all changed last night as you can tell by his postings when the WHO released their comments.....

“The more severe manifestation of ARI cases are clearly hemorrhagic disease that fills lungs with blood and produces bleeding at all orifices, which are stark reminders of 1918 pandemic cases which were also linked to a swine H1N1.”

This is exactly the direction Paxnatus was pointing all of us to look at here on this thread.

Since the WHO comments last night, Eco is now flip flopping his position as has repositioned himself in-line with Dr Niman.

This was posted by Eco on his forum right after the WHO comments were released last night……

“Since Mexico City we've known this flu causes hemorrhagic fever. That's the bleeding in the lungs and out of every orifice - plague causes the same condition, it’s just what happens when your immune system goes full bore and kills you in order to try to kill the invader. You have to have a healthy immune system in the first place to get a reaction that bad which is why people dying of AIDs don't bleed out all over the place. It seems like all the worst viruses cause this - ebola, plague and yes - swine flu. I read that swine flu in pigs kills them that way also - they just bleed out from every orifice and die.”

This thread is not a game……..as I have said many ATS members and their family’s lives are at risk in that region.

ATS and its members on this thread need to hold accountable the postings of those who post that they have “sources” then never provide their personal medical background/education that could validate their opinions. Especially when those members constantly post attacks on other members who give a contradicting view.

This should raise red flags for all.

I hope all members who speculate an opinion make it “known” that it’s only an opinion. If its “solid” information received from sources then elaborate to the extent that you can without revealing your source. No one here is asking for sources………..but for those living in the region, they need as much information possible so they can make “hopefully” the right decision for them and their family.

I pray for everyone’s safety……..

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by waterdoctor

Do not worry about a mutation, until the WHO give the signal. If it is true, it would explain the reason why the United States implemented a state of emergency so quickly.

The WHO is very political, a family friend and retired US Public health official worked for them for a number of years and he quit when the politics got int he way of the science. Based on the WHO's comments on the mutations that occurred last year and the year before with the bird flu they tended to be very low key on changes in the genetic make up of the isolates that they sequenced. Only when the sequence was published did the extent of the mutations become known. If past practice is any indication, if there are significant mutation in the Ukraine flu it could be considered intellectual property as the next vaccine could be generated off of it. If that is the case the sequence may not be published until after a vaccine starts production. Takes off tin foil hat.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I would do the same thing that you are doing, protect others in the event that you are infected. You will get much better medical care at home in India(no shortages there). Best of luck to you and thanks again for all of the inside info that you have provided to us!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

You know I have never tried the ignore before, but now that you mention it, I will. Maybe I won't be so irritated listening to one person's POV so much, after all, they are not the authority on this subject, even though they seem to think they are. Couldn't help it....a person can only take so much and then you gotta put your 2 cents in. Ok, will check back later for more updates, I do have a life other than this, yeah!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks for that post! I was thinking about using the ignore feature also, maybe it will not be needed now, if eco is aware that we see what was up.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

REPLY TO THE POSTS ABOVE.

I am worried about the same thing, about spreading it. But I guess its just a minor cough and headache(i am a smoker) and I have no fever or weakness.

Before the ticket was 600 USD, now 1100 USD. The flights from Kiev to Delhi is cancelled, dunno why, they are not flying there anymore. They said they will do so from next year again. Friends who had two way booked on that ticket are now stuck
By the way I am flying to my home in India.
No they have not done anything on ground to stop people from panicking. All flights are fully booked for the next 1 week, I had to get 1st class tickets.

If I feel worse I will take some paracetamol and fly home and directly to the best hospital with the best quarantine facilities. And I will wear masks and gloves so I donot infect others. If you were in my shoes I bet you would have done that. Its better dieing with family there than to die in a foreign land where you body will not even reach your family....My frank opinion, won't hide it...

good luck & wish you the best man.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Thank you for posting coherent thoughts. I find educated guesses are far superior to egotistical poo-pooing as far as intellectual debates are concerned.

So we are looking at a hemorrhagic flu virus? Has any info been released as far as incubation periods, mortality rates, mode of infection? Be nice to have some info on Patient Zero as well. Something like this seems kind of exotic doesn't it? Doesn't seem like something you pick up in a bar.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks everyone for the support that you all have provided throughout the event. I used most of the advise given by posters here(the ones which I had the possibility to use). I am specially thankful to European members here who to my surprise, offered to drive all the way to the Ukrainian border to help me. Always felt like people cared of us here.

Tomorrow morning I will leave, via Istanbul, Turkey. The moment I reach India I will be on ATS and read the latest of what is going on.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.javno.com...

Eighty-six people have died in Ukraine from flu and respiratory infections, the health ministry said Wednesday, in an epidemic the World health Organisation could be largely due to the A(H1N1) virus.

The ministry said that almost half a million cases of flu and acute respiratory infections had been recorded since mid-October in the country of 46 million, while 24,000 people have been hospitalised.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks everyone for the support that you all have provided throughout the event. I used most of the advise given by posters here(the ones which I had the possibility to use). I am specially thankful to European members here who to my surprise, offered to drive all the way to the Ukrainian border to help me. Always felt like people cared of us here.

Tomorrow morning I will leave, via Istanbul, Turkey. The moment I reach India I will be on ATS and read the latest of what is going on.

This was like the best episode of 24 yet!
Thank you for all your first hand reports!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You're right, I would surely do the same... I wish you all the best, call us when you're home

The fact of raising up the prices of tickets by that much is concerning, as it really may be a try to prevent ppl from going abroad... But if so, why didn't the gov decide to close off the borders...?

I don't get it...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqwart

The fact of raising up the prices of tickets by that much is concerning, as it really may be a try to prevent ppl from going abroad... But if so, why didn't the gov decide to close off the borders...?

I don't get it...

I beleive the airlines raised the price due to the demand, I guess the government has nothing to do with it. The government(not sure) airlines of Ukraine, Aerosvit is not flying to delhi till next year, which they usually did till last year when my friends used their servises to fly to Kiev from Delhi. My friends who had two way return tickets are stuck

edited to add-

The price on TurkishAirlines website is 1,266.78 USD For Sundays flight. Thurdays is now fully booked, not even business class left...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by ecoparity
Hemorrhagic pneumonia was also observed in the 1918 pandemic and was thought to be linked to cytokine storm.

Quite an interesting and significant remark, made by the WHO.
Are they suggesting the strain is now similar, if not, identical to the 1918 strain?

Canadian researchers proved that last summer. This is the same virus.

Pig workers gave the flu to the pigs, and it has been with them ever since. It mutated away from having human compatibility until last September 2008, when it recombined with a bird flu in a live pig picking up two avian flu chromosones. Then the new flu hoped back into another hog industry worker.....90 years later.

I posted the link to that research in one of the two other threads back in late May, early June.

[edit on 2009/11/4 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/11/4 by Aeons]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.recombinomics.com...

Update from recombinomics

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Yop, I guess you're right, it's due to demand; but the possibility of pulling wires by the gov also exist, though it's much less plausible.

Anyway:

Another 5 ppl in poland got infected with A/H1N1, one of them is pregnant women what means, Poland (as now) has recorded 193 cases of pandemic influenza:

wiadomosci.wp.pl...

With every next day more and more people talks about epidemic in Ukraine; Most of who I was talking with think that the borders with UA shall be closed immediately to slow the disease, as it has probably managed to spread to eastern provinces of Poland.

By the way, most of ppl is convinced that the virus throwing it's weight about is (due to official infos released by media) H1N1 and normal seasonal flu.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Aqwart]

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join