It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Asen, you have very little time before your flight out. Do everything now to fight this back - hot tea, hot soup, get some rest.

Take something to relieve the symptoms (sneazing, cough) before you get on public transit to reduce attention to your illness.

Look forward to hearing you got back to India OK.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good luck and Godspeed to you Asen. Please let us know when you're home safely.

Consider isolating yourself as much as you can along the way, and keeping away from others at home until you know more about your symptoms.

Thanks so much for being our eyes and ears.

Be safe, be well.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just a note to frustrated followers of this thread. I put 2 people on ignore a while back and it has worked like a charm in terms of having eliminated the distraction. I was tempted to do it to a third but he voluntarily left.

Before leaving I bookmark the last page so that when I return I can pick it up easily from where I left off. That also has worked like a charm.

This is an important thread and I look forward to the next few days to see if we get anything clear and substantial. As a result of this thread I have gone out and gotten a supply of N95 respirators/masks. I didn't want to wait until this epidemic reaches Canada and the stores get sold out.

I am also monitoring my supply of food so that if TSHTF I can hole up for awhile and avoid unnecessary exposure to the public.

Good luck everyone and thank you to all those posting good thoughts and info.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been posted:
SITUATION UPDATE : 2009-11-04 17:50:51 - Ukraine

Event ID: UKR-20090602-209
Date & Time: 2009.11.04 18:50:24 [UTC]
Area: Ukraine, Statewide
Description:

Eighty-six people have died in Ukraine from flu and respiratory infections, the health ministry said Wednesday, in an epidemic the World Health Organisation said could be largely due to the A(H1N1) virus. The ministry said that almost half a million cases of flu and acute respiratory infections had been recorded since mid-October in the country of 46 million, while 24,000 people have been hospitalised. Some 148,000 cases have been recorded in the past 24 hours, it added. The epidemic is concentrated in the west of the country which has borders with four European Union states but a growing number of cases are being reported in the capital Kiev. "As the pandemic virus has rapidly become the dominant influenza strain worldwide, it can be assumed that most cases of influenza in Ukraine are caused by the H1N1 virus," the WHO said on Tuesday. Lyudmila Mukharska, Ukraine\'s deputy chief ! health officer, said the authorities had confirmed that five of the dead had died of the H1N1 virus. She vehemently denied rumours that the west of the country was suffering from an outbreak of plague, saying that it was "H1N1 that is circulating in Ukraine". The WHO has sent a team of nine experts to Ukraine to help the authorities with the situation. While the country is suffering from an above-average infection rate, many independent observers have accused Ukraine\'s squabbling politicians of seeking to profit from the situation ahead of January 17 presidential elections. Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko has personally overseen a delivery of anti-flu medicines in the middle of the night while pro-Western President Viktor Yushchenko even called on NATO for help. "Many questions remain to be answered," said the WHO. "The outbreak in Ukraine may be indicative of how the virus can behave in the northern hemisphere during the winter season, particularly in hea! lth care settings typically found in Eastern Europe."

Dead(s): 86
Infected (Susp.): 0
Infected (Conf.): 450000
Quaranten: 0

Posted:2009-11-04 17:50:51 [UTC]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the advise all, will keep it in mind. Just drank hot tea with paracetamol powder. Gonna eat now and sleep for my flight tomorrow. Hope to contact you all once I reach India. Take care and c ya.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just before going this caught my eye. MSM news from Ukraine-
(Ignore if posted earlier)

There is a slight exceeding in epidemic threshold in Kyiv due to a significant number of patients with acute respiratory diseases, told the director of the Center of influenza and acute respiratory diseases Oleksander Hrynevych.
As 1 +1 TV channel reports, in particular, Oleksander Hrynevych said: "The disease pattern like in the western regions is not a typical in Kyiv. The epidemic threshold is exceeded, but it is exceeded due to acute respiratory diseases”.

LINK

Ok now will have to go. See ya people...

[edit on 4/11/09 by asen_y2k]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Sounds like you're just a bit run down, my friend. Many late nights, stress, irregular eating. That's enough to make anyone feel unwell. If you have no fever I would expect that's a good sign.

I am hoping you have a safe and comfortable trip and wish you only the best. And you're right: it's natural to want to be home. Even if you do come down with whatever-it-is you will have the chance of good medical care in a place that you know, and the possibility to stay in isolation if need be. Also, so many people have left Ukraine by now that if this thing is going to spread then it will spread anyway. You leaving is not really going to change that.

Something positive: I've been keeping an eye on news reports and there is no serious uptick in cases here. A few, but nothing dramatic. Even in eastern Slovakia by the Ukrainian border, two of the senior epidemiologists there have only noted normal flu levels for this time of year (1500 cases per 100,000 population) and they have stated that it's seasonal flu and have advised residents to vaccinate against this -- not against swine flu. (I posted about this with links and translation yesterday I think.)

In the Czech Republic, the govt plans to start vaccinating for swine flu after Nov 20, and in total they expect to use 500,000 doses for "priority" (high-risk) groups and keep another 500,000 in reserve. For now, we have two confirmed deaths from swine flu. One was a woman with a serious pre-existing heart condition.

Total cases here number under 500 (out of a population of 10 million.) No unusual or startling symptoms have been reported.

So, that's a good sign.

Stay safe and bon voyage... Text me if you need to, okay?

Mike

[edit on 4/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am not the subject of this thread. I've been attacked repeatedly by the same set of people who cannot stick to the topic. If I were the issue I would have been moderated and expelled but the people doing teh attacking seem to be the ones getting that treatment.

I haven't stopped anyone from posting anything, anyone here can post an opinion, I've only posted news articles in an effort to stop this insane rumor that started about "pneumonic plague".

People are angry at me because I debated the information and they cannot support the positions they post, period.

The two main members sending attacks my way came in and attacked me claiming that swine flu was not causing the deaths in Ukraine. Now they want to change their story and try to claim there's a difference between dying from hemorrhagic fever caused by swine flu and dying from swine flu.

They listed plague and several other diseases as culprits.

The attacks on me are nothing more than an effort to change history and save their own credibility.

I can't stop people form derailing teh thread by attacking me but I have the same right to be here and discuss the subject as any one of them or you.

Stick to the topic and debate the information, don't attack people. Its really simple folks. If you want ot make claims about what is happening be ready to defend them and provide sources, just like I have. This is nothing more than censorship by people who cannot defend the information they post.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
*snip*

Mod Edit: Removed an off topic personal remark. Please refrain...

[edit on 11/4/2009 by seagull]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Despite many warning over the past couple of days, you all insist upon going way off topic, and bringing personalities into it.

This thread is closed, pending a staff review.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
OK.

This thread is being reopened, with this simple rule. It bloody well stays on topic. ...and the topic is most assuredly not other members. If you are having an issue with a member that you simply can not deal with with civility, utilize the ignore function. That's what it's there for. Use it.

There will be no further chances. You've used them all up. The next closure will the the last one.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Thank you and the staff for allowing this thread to continue. For many of us in or near the affected key region, this is the best resource of pooled information and informed opinion that we have and we desperately need as much factual and reasoned data that we can get. Should this epidemic spread, it may be equally important for those further afield.

Request:

Can anyone advise if they have seen any official reports released yet regarding the full results of the tests done in the UK? I understand that the WHO stated they are dealing with H1N1 in those samples sent from Ukraine, but have any indications of a mutation been confirmed? And if so, what symptoms do they suggest it might precipitate (if that can be determined).

Many thanks,

Mike

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
Request:

Can anyone advise if they have seen any official reports released yet regarding the full results of the tests done in the UK?

I've been waiting for them too. I think the only recent mention of them is this:

Recombinomics

Earlier media reports suggest that an update by WHO might be issued today and include preliminary analysis of samples sent to Mill Hill in London.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
vysotska.blogspot.com...

Interesting.

Meanwhile, we’ve got the first A/H1N1 death in the capital of Ukraine Kyiv. Kyiv City Mayor Leonid Chernovetsky has appealed to Yulia Tymoshenko today with the request to announce quarantine in Kyiv. According to the Kyiv City Administration, more than 26 thousand of Kyivites are sick with acute respiratory viral infections as of 4th November 2009. Epidemic threshold is overpassed on 14%.

About the Type of H1N1:

Link

Laboratory testing in Ukraine has confirmed pandemic H1N1 influenza virus
in samples taken from patients in 2 of the most affected regions.

AND

Samples sent by the Ministry
of Health were received today by the WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference
and Research on Influenza, Mill Hill in London, UK. The laboratory will
conduct confirmatory tests and further characterize the virus.

In other words, no there is no run on the variation of H1N1 this is or if it is a novel variation of the novel virus.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

According to this article, you are under quarantine, and possibly a victim of a bio-attack!

www.rnw.nl...

What’s more, the dramatic appeal came amidst rumours of biological warfare in the capital Kiev. A plane was said to have flown over the city releasing powder containing a mutated variety of the virus. The Ukrainian government categorically denies the reports. But in a country where everything is in short supply and presidential elections are on the horizon in January, such stories are hard to quash.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

asen left Ukraine to return home via airline today.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thank you sincerely to both members who've replied already. One of the reasons I ask is because of the severity of symptoms in some of the cases reported, and the fact that we do not yet know for certain if secondary, opportunistic infections of a bacterial nature may have been involved in all those extreme cases, or only in some. (Bacterial infections are common following flu, as I learned to my own grief last winter.)

However, as has been said many pages back, we know for a fact that flu itself can do very nasty things, including precipitating the sorts of symptoms of lung destruction that have been reported. So it will be very good to have that knowledge from expert sources as soon as we cab get it.

I am sure those doing the tests in London are working on this as fast as procedure allows, but you might understand why I and some other members are feeling rather anxious.

Mike

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

asen left Ukraine to return home via airline today.

According to him he's not flying out until tomorrow.

Originally posted by asen_y2k
Thanks for the advise all, will keep it in mind. Just drank hot tea with paracetamol powder. Gonna eat now and sleep for my flight tomorrow. Hope to contact you all once I reach India. Take care and c ya.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The article does not say it was a biological attack. Nice try.
Although I think it's quite possible as reports came out early and people were told to stay inside for a short period when the initial reports came in.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I really like how we came together as a community and took asen under our wings... but if he's leaving the country and infected... isn't that... counter... productive... to worldwide pandemic? Not that I would advise anything else but this is a prime example of how quickly a biological agent can spread.

I've been saying for years that WHO and CDC are not preventative agencies. They count numbers. That's it. There is nothing in place to prevent. And all governments have biologicals in their stockpiles.
It's like 12 Monkeys. I'm ready. I have my emergency supplies, figure it will be Thanksgiving when it really hits hard. That's also when pilgrims attend hajj... should be interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join