It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

They only have 200 test kits for swine flu in the entire country and have not tested most of the infected or dead.

Could you provide the link to prove your numbers?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot

They only have 200 test kits for swine flu in the entire country and have not tested most of the infected or dead.

It was said by a member of the Parliamentary commitee on Health issues on the TV programme "Schuster" last night.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

It was said by a member of the Parliamentary commitee on Health issues on the TV programme "Schuster" last night.

What is the name of this member? Where can we verify this statement? I watched Shuster's programmes, when he was working in Russia. His shows are known of sensationalism. All this sounds as yellow and tabloid journalism.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Once more: Civility and Decorum are Expected on ATS

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

What is the name of this member? Where can we verify this statement? I watched Shuster's programmes, when he was working in Russia. His shows are known of sensationalism. All this sounds as yellow and tabloid journalism.

I find the member of government's statement credible given they also failed to prepare for the pandemic in any way. No vaccine, no meds, nothing. Why would they buy test kits if they didn't buy vaccine and anti virals?

I don't know about Shuster but he didn't make the claim, the member of parliament did.

You should be able to locate a transcript or youtube video of the interview if you want to, I've provided the source, you have to do your own homework from there.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I find the member of government's statement credible given they also failed to prepare for the pandemic in any way.

You find the statement of the member of some commission credible. However, as in my earlier posts I provided the statement of the First Deputy of the Minister of Health of Ukraine, you ridiculed it. It seems that you only accept that information, which supports your opinion.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I stopped posting in this thread about two days and 40 pages ago because it got me riled up a bit and I felt like taking some distance. Living in Europe, the Ukrain situation wories me very much.

Do you guys have new information that could be considered a fact by now? Or still no word?
Has there been info from the WHO yet? I believe they have a team over there by now?

Hope no one blames me for not wanting to read 40 pages of fingerpointing and guessing... I don't feel up to that and it would only cause me to start writing responses that serves no one any good and I don't want to do that.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

WHO has sent the test samples to London for genetic analysis. We should have word on a mutation within a day or two.

They did announce the pathogen as being H1N1 but for those of us who already knew that the mutation question is the key.

All of our local sources left the thread, the last two stating they were tired of all the people attacking people and disrupting the thread.

That's about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
people in the ukraine lungs are filling up with blood. that is not h1n1.
the tempatures inside the lung exceed 130 degrees causing the lungs to melt.

there is no doubt this is the recreated 1918 spanish flu. it was recovered perfectly preserved from the lungs of an obese corpse in alaska in 1998. the spanish flu caused peoples lungs to fill up with blood. there is no documentation that h1n1 has ever done such a thing.

that is what is happening in the ukraine and the spread of the infection is way worse and way faster than anything documented associated with h1n1.

this is a biological attack upon all people on earth originating in the ukraine and most likely courtesy of baxter international.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

Actually I only accept information which I find credible, period. Politicians do not always lie nor do they always tell the truth.

Without knowing what specific quote you're referring to I can't address it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Thanks eco

second line

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wholetruth
people in the ukraine lungs are filling up with blood. that is not h1n1.
the tempatures inside the lung exceed 130 degrees causing the lungs to melt.

I have seen accounts online of exactly this happening in some swine flu deaths. Sorry no links! But I did dig up this
blogs.discoverychannel.co.uk...
What concerns me - is this happening more and in a shorter time scale? Does it mean a mutation, something different or could it perhaps be due to local health conditions.
If it's swine flu, weren't there some terrible reports coming out of Mexico where all this started?
Maybe it is pointless to speculate before we get the test results.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

www.nytimes.com...

Alaskan Victim of 1918 Flu Yields Sample of Killer Virus
A specimen of the influenza virus that killed 21 million people in the 1918 worldwide epidemic has been recovered from the frozen remains of a flu victim buried in Alaska.

Researchers at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology announced on Thursday that biopsy samples from a corpse exhumed from a cemetery in Brevig Mission, Alaska, contained genetic material from the flu.

Dr. Jeffery K. Taubenberger of the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology said last year that the genetic pattern of the 1918 flu virus was unlike that of any other flu but was closely related to that of the so-called swine flu.

something to think about.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Hi GypsK, and all fellow posters/observers,

I felt (feel) exactly the same way as GypsK, and stopped following/contributing to this thread for a while.

Can I just say that Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion, and that no one is obliged to have to agree with that opinion.

The best opinions are often backed up with verifiable facts, or incredible insight.

But ATS in general, and this thread in particular, has fallen victim to, what I'd describe as, individual egos vying for acclaim.
It's a real shame, because several of the posters, who became embroiled in the personal attacks / inuendo / ego wars / and general mickey-taking actually had very good points to make in the 1st place, and these were lost to a large extent, in the following melee.

Repeating an opinion several times does not make it fact.
Making personal attacks on other posters, can serve to turn other independent observers against you, (and is against TOS of course!).
No one likes a "bully".
Bragging about who said what first is pointless, no one likes a show-off!

There are over 100 pages within this thread now, and the vast majority of it has been tainted with bickering, and the "ego-wars" that I mentioned earlier.
It is becoming very difficult to sift through all of this, to find the real facts, and any genuine new developments.

Can I politely and humbly urge any future posters, to please consider whether their new post is relevant, necessary, on-topic and within the ATS guidelines and TOS, as well as hopefully bringing something new to the thread?

The current situation, as far as I'm aware, is pretty much unchanged in the last few hours?

We're still waiting for the test results from London to verify what the exact composition of the virus is?

It looks most likely that it is a type of H1N1, possibly a more virulent strain or mutation?

Most of the references to pneumonic plague have now been confirmed as being "plague-like" symptoms, viral pneumonia or simple translation errors?

Some of the "official" statements from within Ukraine, may have come from political posturing, prior to the January Elections? and this in turn may have become "tainted" and less credible as a result?

Is that fair comment?
Anything to add or correct?

Thanks to everyone who's genuinely trying to contribute to the thread, and of course to the OP, Asen Y2K - Stay Safe.

G

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Followed for quite some time........

Are we any further>

Or are we talkin $%24T

Just a query, cause after booko pages I am none the wiser.

Mungo

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

To be fair here's a Russian article that claims Ukraine had 2000 of the test kits as of Oct 28th. focus.ua...

Still not nearly as many as would be needed to confirm all of the 250,000 plus said to be infected but I believe those tests are the rapid nasal swab that give false negatives in over 50% of those tested anyway.

The health minister made a previous quote about blood samples being taken and saved for later testing, I can't remember which of the thousand articles posted on here contained it though. There is a problem with blood testing for H1N1 if the sample was taken after death. This is what led to so many of the Mexico City fatalities being changed from swine flu to "respiratory illness".

Dr Niman has said he believes the WHO will do something similar with the Ukraine test results, the majority of deaths will be attributed to pneumonia or hemorrhagic fever with very few being listed as actual swine flu fatalities.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
hniman #H1N1 Ukraine hosp top 24K - Homorrhagic cluster comments #Swine flu http://(link tracking not allowed)/3FETmW
2 minutes ago from web

Total infections:478,456
Total hospitalizations:24,003
Total deaths:81

Rhiza Labs FluTracker

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

That about answers it,

Hectic

new topics

top topics