It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Animals is Making us Sick

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
actaully 10 days without water isnt unheard of.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

How many times do I have to remind you. Agriculture is killing WHOLE ECOSYSTEMS so you can consume a vegetarian diet. By supporting this, are you not deciding the fate of the organisms and nature itself? Are you not removing life to establish crops to feed your face? Are you not indirectly killing animals to satiate your pallette?

This has to be a joke. Raising cattle or chickens take up more land then essentially every crop on earth. Mono-cropping big business farms=every farm?

Farming in the way god intended does absolutey no harm to the enviroment and helps it with many expontential benefits. Granted farming cattle can be the same but you get no where near the food return you get off of food crops.

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvdEating free range chickens, eggs and beef that are raised on their natural diet not only is healthier for humans but is pro-environment. It provides a balance that is missing from ecosystems.

Still waiting for the prove that humans can ever fully digest meat. What happened to that stove i was born with???

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Cattle are ruminants designed to graze and consume grass, which is converted to saturated fat for fuel, not corn, which is converted to glucose. Chickens are omnivores that aren't designed to be caged and/or fed a vegetarian diet. Yet, this is what's fed to them.

Just what book did you find this "design"?

And, by who's authority?

Was this design authorized before cattle became into existence?

Any scientific grounds that show the sole purpose of cattle is to eat them after they graze?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
its totally natural to want to eat a cow, i mean, just think how deliscous they are!
and healthy, so muhc protien, and uhhh protien!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I was eating Turkey while I read that.. which made the Turkey taste even better!

I eat meat that is Organic, not from a "meat factory"....

And I will kill and eat a Human being before I ever become a vegetarian. You weak veggie munchers really get on my nerves. Go be a self righteous animal lover on your own time, and leave the rust of us omnivores alone damnit!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Just what book did you find this "design"?

I don't remember. Physiologically speaking, they were either designed or have evolved to graze pastures/hunt worms respectively. Would you like a source? en.wikipedia.org...

The ruminant stomach consists of three fore-stomachs, which are the rumen, reticulum, and omasum, and a true stomach, the abomasum. In the first two chambers, the rumen and the reticulum, the food is mixed with saliva and separates into layers of solid and liquid material. Solids clump together to form the cud (or bolus). The cud is then regurgitated, chewed slowly to completely mix it with saliva and to break down the particle size. Fiber, especially cellulose and hemi-cellulose, is primarily broken down into the three volatile fatty acids, acetic acid, propionic acid and butyric acid, in these chambers by microbes (bacteria, protozoa, and fungi). Protein and non-structural carbohydrate (pectin, sugars, starches) are also fermented.

They are not meant to live primarily on glucose/fructose, much like humans.

And, by who's authority?

It's science. Would you like to know the methods used to determine the findings above?

Was this design authorized before cattle became into existence?

Either designed or evolved. If designed, yes. If evolved, no.

Any scientific grounds that show the sole purpose of cattle is to eat them after they graze?

How could the sole purpose of a cow's existance be for humans to eat them? And, if that is the case, how would one go about determining such a question?

I never said the sole purpose of cattle is to eat them after they graze. I have no idea why you would even beg the question.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

This has to be a joke. Raising cattle or chickens take up more land then essentially every crop on earth.

Raising cattle or chicken naturally promotes an ecosystem to flourish. Agriculture does not.

Farming in the way god intended does absolutey no harm to the enviroment and helps it with many expontential benefits.

Tending to a small garden is one thing. Creating large crops destroys whole ecosystems.

Still waiting for the prove that humans can ever fully digest meat. What happened to that stove i was born with???

You've never really provided any evidence that we can fully digest fiber.

Meat consists of proteins and fats, and, depending on the cut of meat, may also contain a small amount of glycogen. Enzymes break down protein into amino acids and other enzymes so that they may easily be transported through the intestinal wall. Fatty acids are dissolved into small droplets so that they may pass through mutliple stages before entering the bloodstream where they are transported via lipoproteins.

If meat was indigestible, like fiber and whole-grains are, it would simply pass straight through us. The fact that meat doesn't come out the way it came in is evidence that it's fully digestible.

You've also never addressed the fact that the body thrives on fatty acids instead of glucose. And the fructose content of your fruit consumption is shipped directly to the liver to be converted into triglycerides (three fatty acids). Oh, and the after effect of elevated triglycerides is LDL (that's what gets stuck in your arteries and causes heart disease).

The ill-effects of glucose in the bloodstream are many:

- The burning of glucose for fuel creates reactive oxygen species (free radicals)
- The presence of glucose causes Glycation and Advanced Glycation End-products.
- The presence of glucose indirectly activates lipoprotein lipase, which is the "gatekeeper" for fat storage.
- Insulin, spiked by blood glucose, regulates fat storage.
- Glucose indirectly decreases LDL size which contributes heavily to heart disease.
- Glucose indirectly contributes to insulin resistance, and eventually diabetes.

Should I continue?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Raising cattle or chicken naturally promotes an ecosystem to flourish. Agriculture does not.

Yes it does? Its called a permaculture. You can create huge permaculture farms with many different plants and animals thriving. Raising cattle and chicken promotes large grazing fields and would never be able to support the vast ecosystem possibleee in a permaculture.

Tending to a small garden is one thing. Creating large crops destroys whole ecosystems.

Like i said not every farm is a huge mono crop chemical laden mess. Lumping all agriculture into this category is insane, it would be like me claiming every large cattle/chicken farm destroys whole ecosystems based soley on factory farms.

What happened to that stove i was born with???

?????? still looking for that stove that was attached me to when i was born

You've never really provided any evidence that we can fully digest fiber.

I never claimed it was, the nutrition in fruits isn't locked up in the fiber. The fiber is there to slow thhe release of the sugars and help your colon disspell the waste

The fact that meat doesn't come out the way it came in is evidence that it's fully digestible.

No its not. Our stomachs do not contain the powerful acids that carnivores have to break down the vitamins minerals and proteins. The fiberless nature of meat causes the colon to become thick and lumpy so its able to dispell this poison.

Maybe should you take my recommendation and read the enzyme factor by the top gastrointestinologist in the world, he explains why eating fiberless products such as meat and cheese is very harmful to your stomach

You've also never addressed the fact that the body thrives on fatty acids instead of glucose.

Because this is false, anyone with basic knowledge of the body knows that every single one of our cells thrives on glucose. Not only that but the procese of converting fat to fuel is 10% less effective then eating straight glucose.

Humans are athletic creatures when was the last time you've ever seen a athlete tout a high fat diet?? Seems to me they all support high carb based diets along with every single health orginization.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Rawhemp]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I was eating Turkey while I read that.. which made the Turkey taste even better!

I eat meat that is Organic, not from a "meat factory"....

And I will kill and eat a Human being before I ever become a vegetarian. You weak veggie munchers really get on my nerves. Go be a self righteous animal lover on your own time, and leave the rust of us omnivores alone damnit!

Oh, what a pice of art you are. (insert sarcastic tone)

You disgust me.

We are not the "weak ones", just take a good look in the mirror and VOILA! you'll see who's the 'real' weak one.

And I'm not talking here of ALL meat eatears (heck, I have friends who do not share my lifestyle- but they are respectful of other people's choices)-

Unlike you.

I feel sorry for you...defending other species -as an act of love and empathy-, is not equal to weakness.
Can't you tell the difference? hmm.... sure you can't.

Well, to be completely honest, I -for one do not care what you eat or what others in this thread eat- yup- But I'll not keep quiet when I read insults like you just wrote above.

I'm over with this thread now, have fun and keep enjoying your turkey.

[edit on 27/11/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
kinda odd that all the meat eaters on ATS only eat free range meat from their firend who runs a farm downt eh road. going off these numbers factory farms dont exist!
vampires lols!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Physiologically speaking, they were either designed or have evolved to graze pastures/hunt worms respectively. Would you like a source?

Wikipedia is only a reference, not a source.

You didn't answer my question. I take it you use "they were" with implied speculation that you otherwise haven't stated.

It's science. Would you like to know the methods used to determine the findings above?

More and more people seem to treat science theories as solid proof. You basically stated that cattle were designed, so I wanted to see any of such proof they were design. A theory is not scientific proof. Evolution is not scientific proof, as it is a theory, so I questioned how you said "designed."

Either designed or evolved. If designed, yes. If evolved, no.

In other words, you have faith that cattle were "designed" to eat, yet you have no scientific proof that they were "designed."

I have faith that humans that eat meat also condone themselves to be eaten.

How could the sole purpose of a cow's existance be for humans to eat them? And, if that is the case, how would one go about determining such a question?

Somehow you determined "they were designed."

If cows don't have a sole purpose to be eaten, then how we are going to determine which ones are meant not to be eaten?

Somehow you think you can't eat vegetables directly from the Earth, so you eat vegetarian cows. Hmmm. If cows are what they eat, and you claim you need meat from cows, then really you could just skip the cows and go straight to vegetables.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
ethics aside, eating meat is making pople sick.
you cant argue a case agaisnt foodborne illness, its jsut common knowledge.
its not like ecoli bacteria living inside cows or pigs magicly hops to your plate without the cow and pig parts.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Lets see you debunk this video devolution

Meat never has been healthy and never will be healthy, no study you come up with will ever change that fact

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"If you gave up meat you would save 1 million gallon of fresh water a year"

Without food subsidies meat would be over $100/LB, I wonder why our government thinks it so necessary to make sure everyone gets cheap meat?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
People can also get sick from NOT eating meat.

You know how you you know if an animal is 'supposed' to eat meat? Because they can.

Why we judge ourselves as somehow different, I don't get.

Factory farming is one thing, but that act of eating meat is entirely another.

It's the circle of life. It's ok. It's not bad, it's not evil, and as I said, it's healthy, in the right amounts, and from the right sources.

Plants have consciousness too - I've encountered it first hand. And no, I don't mean drugs. I mean actually seeing the spirit of a plant that I was preparing for a dinner. It was incredibly beautiful, and moved me to tears. Communicated to me was the message that there is no resentment on the part of the life form we consume to survive. We are not judged any more harshly than a dog. (I was vegetarian at the time, and this message meant a lot to me in that context. I resumed eating meat shortly thereafter, and immediately felt better).

It ok to eat meat. The important thing is to have respect for what it is we are eating, both before and after we consume it.

If we were supposed to be vegetarians, then plants would taste like bacon.

mmmmmmmmmm... bacon

[edit on 27-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueTruth
People can also get sick from NOT eating meat.

Lets see some examples of sickness caused by not eating meat, might take you awhile to find them because they are non existent

You know how you you know if an animal is 'supposed' to eat meat? Because they can.

This is the most ridiculous logic I've ever heard. You realize that factory farm cows, chickens and pigs are often fed animal by products? i.e. meat.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

mmmmmmmmmm... bacon

(Smoked) salted bloody strips of pigs behinds.

Wonder what bacon would taste like without the blood, smoke, and salt. Remove the fat too, since fat isn't really meat.

Why not just eat a dry raw steak completely unseasoned?

I can season veges, too. I can BBQ them. I can smoke them and salt them. Extra virgin olive oil makes good grease like texture.

Ever hear water talk to you?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

anemia.

talk to my ex wife. when she got pregnant, suddenly, her 16 year dedication to vegetarianism was out the window. it wasn't just for her health, but also the baby's.

also, as far as I am aware, there's no non-animal source of b-12, a vital nutrient.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

re. ridiculous logic.

actually, it makes perfect sense.

try thinking about it this time, and THEN reply.

k?

cool.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

well, i think you were trying to insult me, but quite honestly, it didn't really come through too clearly. do you think I really don't know what bacon is or what's in it?

the key word here, is 'moderation'. i eat it something like once every 40-50 days or so, and altogether, i eat meat about 3 times per week. also, i live where it's very easy to buy meat raised on ethical farms, so that's not a worry either. further, mine isn't smoked.

I didn't insult vegetarians. My wife's a vegetarian. I used to be a vegetarian. I simply shared my experience and perspective on the issue. Are you so insecure in you personal decision that you need to talk down to people who think differently than you do? not exactly the sign of a well adjusted human being. maybe you'd feel better if i cooked you a hamburger?

so, thanks for the condescending self righteous lecture, but no thanks.

and no, i have not heard from water. i'll let you know if she calls.

it's very easy to make fun of other people's spiritual experiences, isn't it? very classy. funny how people are the most comfortable speaking with arrogant assurance on topics they know the least about.

cheers.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join