It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traditional Americans are Losing their Nation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

My bad, I didn't mean to be born Hispanic, and have my hispanic comrades become the majority.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and "Traditional Americans" lost their land a couple years ago with "Manifest Destiny." Just saying.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans
Oh yeah, and "Traditional Americans" lost their land a couple years ago with "Manifest Destiny." Just saying.

Do you mean like whats going on now with Israel taking over America, or Palestine? Or like the precurssor to the taking of the west and mexico?

Which one is politically correct to discuss, or even acknowledge?
The one that happened or the one thats happening?

Which one makes a difference?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I also believe there is common ground out there for all to somehow find a way to meet at.

Thank you! And this is what I believe we need to focus on.

We are all human beings and we all want and need the same basic things. Food, shelter, love, community, happiness.

I live in the Southwest and we have at least 2 cultures here that live peacefully side-by side and intertwined. I admit, I don't always agree with or even like some of the things about the culture that shares my space, but I don't have to! I don't live their lives, I don't raise their children, I don't attend their church and no one is trying to force me to. I don't have to approve of everything everyone does. How could that even be possible?

I think we run into all sorts of problems when we look at our neighbor and start making judgments about how they're different than we are. I can look at a heavy metal teen, a biker, a black/white gay pair, an older married Christian couple and a Mexican Catholic couple with 8 kids around my neighborhood and see the beautiful things we have in common AND the wonderful differences that we ALL bring to the mix that is our community. These are "my people". And the state and the country are just larger versions of my community.

We are more alike than we are different, but if we start focusing on those differences and resenting them, our hearts close to the possibilities of recognizing our common humanness.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And Iran is only developing nuclear power for peaceful purposes.

Give me a break. That level of naivete' is what leads to the downfall of nations. If every other nation in the world thought that way it would work and be great, but the fact is, they don't. There are those who want Americans dead because we aren't Muslim/black/white/straight/etc.

You have to look at everyone with some level of objectivity or you're going to be taken advantage of every time.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

So I guess setting a good example means stooping to their level?

Right... Got ya... Makes so much sense...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Azazelus

You tell me what's more important. Setting a good example or keeping the country safe.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

So, allowing poor people/immigrants/anyone that isn't of your class more rights is endangering the country?

riiight...

Fear is the mind killer...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Azazelus

Who said anything about curtailing/allowing rights? I'm not for limiting anyone's rights in any form.

I'm saying look at EVERYONE objectively and don't ever let your guard down.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
If every other nation in the world thought that way it would work and be great, but the fact is, they don't.

My signature answers that.

The height of personal responsibility and accountability is to live to one's own standards, regardless of the standards to which others choose to live.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Tell that to the man who declares jihad on our country, yet hides among us like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Terror arrest shocks neighbors, strangers in Italy, Texas
www.dallasnews.com...

FBI Stings Are Chilling Evidence of Homegrown Terror
abcnews.go.com...

"He babysat our kids. If anybody needed anything he was always there," a friend said.

How many others are out there with their own agendas, waiting to kill us?

[edit on 21-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

What does any of that have to do with "Traditional Americans" losing "their" nation?

You are just off-topicly trolling and trying to use underhanded fear tactics to invoke a knee-jerk bandwagon reaction...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Getting back to the OP, I think most of the traditional Americans lost their nation some time ago when they were either exterminated or herded into reservations.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Everyone else has pretty much said what needs to be said. Let me say one thing, however:

If you really had to label me, I am what you'd call a cultural conservative. I agree with Centurion when he says that American is about assimilation, not multiculturalism. Therefore, I completely agree when people say political correctness has gone haywire and has had a very negative impact on this country. What kind of "tolerance" is it when we cannot argue for an official language without being branded a nativist and a racist? Example - Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a Democrat, was called a racist on multiple occasions, for calling for English to be the official language. More importantly, what kind of country are we when we cannot even fly our own country's flag in public? Sometimes I can't blame the tin foil hat and far right crowd for their absurd conspiracy theories.

However, we need to be careful with our rhetoric, because sometimes the rhetoric is simply wrong. As others have stated, the term "traditional Americans" is an entirely subjective one, but when stated, it does imply that the "traditional" American is one that is patriachal, excessively conservative, white Christian-dominated and thus had no problem with the oppression that was going on prior to our social revolution. The "Leave it to Beaver" society, as a previous poster pointed out. It often bothers me, when I hear people speak in this context, because I know it is possible for America to be multiracial, multireligious, and multiethnic without being patriarchal, conservative, oppressive, etc. I also know it to be possible for America to be multiracial, multireligious, and multiethnic without being communistic, excesssively politically correct, and so self-deriding.

But let it be known, when people write articles such as the one that motivated the OP, they are usually calling for a return or a formation of a society in which the white Christian man rules, a fascist society. That bothers me.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus
reply to post by sos37

What does any of that have to do with "Traditional Americans" losing "their" nation?

You are just off-topicly trolling and trying to use underhanded fear tactics to invoke a knee-jerk bandwagon reaction...

If you feel that way then why did you engage me in conversation about this?

In truth, this all points back to traditional American values. Someone has always been trying to tell us how to live, how not to live - that's why our forefathers struck out and formed a new nation in the first place - so we could form a society with our own traditional values.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Agreed - and I doubt many if anyone here on ATS wants to go back to 1950's B&W TV society. That was a false representation of America in the first place, or so I'm told.

So what is your definition of "Traditional American Values"?

I gave mine back on Page 4. I'm still waiting on anyone else to state what theirs is.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Tell that to the man who declares jihad on our country, yet hides among us like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

It's a basic tenet of my life. I will tell it to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Because values don't change depending on who we're dealing with. Mine don't anyway.

How many others are out there with their own agendas, waiting to kill us?

Man! I feel sorry for you. I really do. I can't imagine living shrouded in fear.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Man! I feel sorry for you. I really do. I can't imagine living shrouded in fear.

You didn't learn from 9/11 at all did you?

I didn't create this fear. But the media constantly reminds us how much it is all around us. Our enemies are everywhere, just waiting for the right time to strike.

Look what happens when you start taking people for granted:

* 9/11/2001 (Those of Middle eastern descent)
* Columbine HS (two white teens)
* Virginia Tech University (Asian teen)
* LA Fitness Gunman (White guy in his 30's)
* Foiled terrorist plots in the U.S. since 9/11 en.wikipedia.org...

Race isn't a factor. Age isn't a factor. Heck, gender isn't a factor.

What's better - to live life oblivious to the danger around you, stunned and surprised when it intersects your life, or to understand what's going on and take precautions?

And if we were to run a nation the same way we live an oblivious lifestyle - where would we be by now?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Traditional Americans were once called many things back in the day. The word traditonal when applied to a way of life sometimes... ain't so good.

What has been a "Traditional American"?? Here are some clues

1. Traditional Southern Whites - this monicker was used for 200 years as a slick way of saying "We are righteous kings... The negroes are nothing more than monkeys to serve and beat into their place"

2. Traditional Americans never liked Jews, Chinese, Mexicans and even the Irish. They smile in ones face and pretend... but behind closed doors... in their frats and secret owl worshipping societies they turn a 180.

2. The real Traditional American's will ALWAYS BE the Native American's - see how they've lost everything because of the anglo Christian tradition.

3. Traditional Americans (Republicans) have sold this country to the highest bidder.

4. Now they have reinvented themselves to accept and even vote for something that is NOT THEM to save there souls.

Tradition in this country has been used negatively for centuries hiding behind their bibles and flag.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Level X]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Brown

Americans stand for freedom for every American and the Constituiton which enumerates or rights to defend our freedom , to worship as we choose, and to create and grow and become something greater. To prosper without worrying about a MOB or Mafia run Government to take it all away.

We can't be proud of being white, but blacks and others can be proud of their color and heritage. We can't speak against a false prseident without being called a racist but blacks spoke against Bush and it was just speaking against the man.

Americans are black and white and brown and red and maybe even purple. But they are free, and can speak against the government without fear of reprisal, they have freedom of the press and they can own guns with the known fact that they, The People, the Militia or Patriot Army, has the right and responsibility to defend the freedom of America even against its government if it is so needed.

I AM AN AMERICAN. Regardless of what nation my ancestors hailed from, being an American is about hope, freedom, truth, being anything I want to be and being it freely.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join