It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Level X
reply to post by centurion1211
Traditional Americans were once called many things back in the day. The word traditonal when applied to a way of life sometimes... ain't so good.
What has been a "Traditional American"?? Here are some clues
1. Traditional Southern Whites - this monicker was used for 200 years as a slick way of saying "We are righteous kings... The negroes are nothing more than monkeys to serve and beat into their place"
2. Traditional Americans never liked Jews, Chinese, Mexicans and even the Irish. They smile in ones face and pretend... but behind closed doors... in their frats and secret owl worshipping societies they turn a 180.
2. The real Traditional American's will ALWAYS BE the Native American's - see how they've lost everything because of the anglo Christian tradition.
3. Traditional Americans (Republicans) have sold this country to the highest bidder.
4. Now they have reinvented themselves to accept and even vote for something that is NOT THEM to save there souls.
Tradition in this country has been used negatively for centuries hiding behind their bibles and flag.
[edit on 21-10-2009 by Level X]
Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by Azazelus
Who said anything about curtailing/allowing rights? I'm not for limiting anyone's rights in any form.
I'm saying look at EVERYONE objectively and don't ever let your guard down.
Originally posted by kinda kurious
A general response to OP. I find it ironic that a certain "segment of society" ( to use OP's words) feel that they and they alone have an exclusive monopoly on morals, decency and values.
As if any opposing views render others void of character and bankrupt of integrity.
Originally posted by Angus123
This is all code for "old white guys up in arms about not retaining the monopoly on everything."
Replete with plenty of scapegoats for good measure.
Originally posted by centurion1211 TRADITIONAL AMERICANS ARE LOSING THEIR NATION
(a blend of above) American
7th Day Adventist American
Non Denominational American
Middle Aged American
Middle Class American