It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready To Revolt: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

S&F

There is an old latin quote I think applies, and anyone in government should remember if they ever want to keep their jobs.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?.

Who watches the watchers?

We do. I'm all for Oath Keepers.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Agreed. Which is why i like what he says here.....

Rhodes eventually wants to create a legal defense fund for Oath Keepers who are disciplined by their employers for defying orders they deem unlawful or immoral.

It seems as though they know exactly what they are doing and are preparing for any fallout that may arise from honoring their oath.

www.lvrj.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

Sorry if i was unclear about the statement ... i too am a literalist

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Thanks for the star, but the flag belongs to budski. This is his and DimensionalDetectives thread, not mine. I just support the topic! Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I'll give you guys both stars.

This is important. Can't add much more without just repeating you and the OP.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I spent time as a Corrections Deputy, and a Reserve Patrol Deputy here in Oregon, and am currently going to college for my Crim Justice degree. If I end up as a full time paid Deputy or Officer down the road, I will definitely be joining the organization.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Thanks! BTW I love your signature line! Gotta love John Wayne! Too bad he isnt alive, Id vote for him for President! Heck, Id vote his remains into Presidency at this point, a pile of bones couldnt do much worse than whats been done recently!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by treemanx]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by whaaa

That's one of the biggest problems IMO.

An element that is ingrained into every part of society and government but is intent on working against the populace is hard to identify as it sounds like pretty much the average public servant.

I love so much this article with at the top a pub banner which says "Do you dream about moving to the USA"^^ No thank you I ll be fine where i am^^

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

To you, i have the upmost respect for anyone that holds true to an oath that they take.

It is so discouraging to know that there are those out there that do not honor the oath that they took and will blindly follow any and all orders like mindless zombies with no conscience.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Well I hope someone does something quick while there is still a America. Im ready mentaly and phyically, I hope. Im just ready to fight.

You mean you have alot of built up rage and you want an excuse to be violent?

If you want to fight against an idea, you better start now. There are all types of tools at your disposal. Voting comes to mind. Getting publicity to the leaders you want in office. Ever tried that? Or is that not violent enough of a revolution?

And my question to you is These suggestions you imply, they have worked well so far? They have kept the ownership of media outlets privately held and controlled by good upstanding patriotic americans? And we as a people have access to these mediums to broadcast our combined views?, not the money placed puppets who seem to get into office so suredly through our well accounted for voting system that has been publicly proven to have been compromised and voting rigged through the diebold scandal, in front of a congressional committee, that tabled the investigation yeilding NOTHING out of it, only to go on for another 4 years into this glorious Questionable citizen President we have now!!!
This is the "WAY" you are advocating? Flavoring your reply with smugness is seemingly rude to someone who is genuinely concerned dont you think?
A revolution doesnt automatically denote violence now does it? But what do YOU say to a populace that needs united? needs awakened into seeing and believing that as a Whole they are still the real power to contend with?
I'm just as concerned as the poster of this thread so when you snidely attack his concerns you are attacking mine, and every other person who justly shares them. Have you given up already? Do you really believe it all will be "ok" and to just roll with it, are you living in the same America I'm in right now? No its not about pent up anger and only knowing violence as an answer, its about knowing that for a very long time now, we've lived under "yellow" "red" warning warning WMD's its coming its coming, if youre not with us youre against us, Bush+Clinton+Clinton+Bush+Bush, Global Scamming, WallStreet rip offs, perpetual Senators and Representatives, NAFTA, job loss, foreclosures, Illegals, everyones a terrorist EVEN US, airport grand ma screenings, and how many years and dead sons and daughters for corporate interests protected by these fine people you suggest we rally around and help stump for another election!!!
IF... and I do mean IF the SHTF I will not look for your kind to be there beside me, I will look for the upset American, the angry American, the fellow countrymen and women who Know how it "should" be how it "can" be, the same Americans that will fight for their freedom as well as yours,
the same people who get made fun of in Tea Parties by the main stream media,
My volume knob isnt always stuck on 10, I love a peaceful quiet life, but I can turn it up very quickly as needed. I wont sit and read an attack on someone who simply "cares"....
And maybe, just freakin maybe, if we ALL covered each others backs just a little bit, we wouldnt have been so divided as a nation to reach this point.
Thats how I feel, and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
you'd think the government would applaud people like this,people who would step forward and defend the counties constitution,hell, they should even be helping them.so logically the government has nothing to worry about concerning this group,there must be something really wrong in the government if they are worried by people who want to defend the constitution,i cant see how anyone can say anything negative about this,unless it is against something they are planning,and the constitution is in the way.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

And that is exactly why they made a Constitution and a form of government that is able to change if the people wish it.

The constitution and form of government we originally had is gone, and those in office have known this for a long while now.
Do you not see how compromised and beyond correct function and application it is?
Oath Keepers, to actually be in a position to choose to uphold their oath means that our streets are already in chaos and military action is being ordered against the population, at that time there is no reset button, no pause button, and the choices are real and permanent.
This is a committment to the citizens, to you and your family and friends.
How can this even be discussed in the negative?
The climate is ripe for a third party?,
It will never happen, the opportunity is perfect for a final strike against our way of life from the inside, but all of the pieces lining up like they are is just an illusion or the overactive conspiracy thinking paranoid mind at work.....right?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Star and Flag!!!!

The 'O' in Obama stands for 'Oppression'. The whole pack of vermin attacking the US is disgusting.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Anyone who signs this better be VERY CAREFUL ! It wreaks of a sting. What better way to round up "undesirtables and anti-government" than to get them to sign their very name to an oath of disobediance and insubordination. In a new America where "Homegrown Terrorism"......(what anyone on this list would be labeled), be careful that you are not just handing you and your families over to a wolf in sheeps clothing tactic perpetatrated by the very government that you want replaced. I mean, they plant people right in the middle of riots and peaceful demonstrations to essentially......become one of the enemies.....at least to the eye. What makes you think they wouldn't start this webpage just to get names of disgruntled patriots? I would think that anything even remotely able to dismantle or disturb a dictatorship would be done under heavy security, cloak of night tactics and stealth, organization and order of the higest degree. Not just a list you sign out in the public eye. That's noble but very foolish.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So there will be an armed rebellion? I mean there are rumors all this events will cause a full scale civil war just like what John Titor describe

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Let's remember problem-reaction-solution...if these oath keepers get a taste of power, why are they less likely to be corrupted than any other group of patriots-types? What if they are a set up? One thing I have learned from watching this country and world history is it is best to trust no one, judge by deeds not rhetoric.

For now it's all just hot air. Let's see them in action.

What you're asking is the same thing I've asked in threads pertaining to so-called militia men. You wouldn't think the problem, reaction, solution dialectic would be foreign on a site like this, but it is.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind if the dictator is good throughout his rule.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I believe it's time for a new Continental Congress, or many of them in the 50 states. We are very close to losing America completely.

It appears that 50 percent of the population is comprised of under-40s who have been brainwashed by the fools in the media and the "education" system, 20 million illegals who will soon be made voting pawns of the Demoncrat Party, racist blacks who support their savior Obama (95 percent of them voted for him) and militant Muslims who are recruiting in the prisons and the ghettos and will soon take over by reproduction and by the sword.

Add to that the fact that the globalists are about to declare a one-world government using the lie of manmade global warming.

We are inches away from losing the sovereignty of America. Patriots had better come up with a plan in a big hurry.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
the Question of Ethical Orders; The best way for ANYONE ( and I do mean anyone ) to find out if orders are "Hinky" ask for them, in writing!

Funny how quickly orders can and DO change when asked for the paper trail

Oath Keepers is a HUGE "paper trail" I am not a member but I laud their goals.

Many many people are advocating violence , Why?

Who died when Ghandi said "enough"

Put your taxes in escrow, let the IRS know you have paid your tax, they just can't have it.

the law says you have to pay taxes, it really doesn't say to whom

If thousands of people did this other counties around the world would STOP giving credit to the US Government, maybe 100's of thousands but still.....

We need to make a bill to add "None of the above" to the voting Booths
it would be like a vote of no confidence to the current candidates for public Office ( and prevent the "lesser of two evils" voting )

we need to make the electoral vote a national lottery ( by state ) so they cannot be influenced.

These are just a few changes that will enhance the constitution, to win a revolution, we just need to financially starve them, ( who'd loan ANY of these folks $$?? ) not on a small scale but huge and the best part is, you aren't doing anything

read up on civil disobedience

No need to get violent, keep playing your video games, just do nothing, including paying taxes

Vote the blank

Edit to add
Semper Fi

[edit on 19-10-2009 by thedigirati]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by Sestias

Get serious.

Launched in March by Las Vegan Stewart Rhodes, Oath Keepers bills itself as a nonpartisan group of current and retired law enforcement and military personnel who vow to fulfill their oaths to the Constitution.

More specifically, the group's members, which number in the thousands, pledge to disobey orders they deem unlawful, including directives to disarm the American people and to blockade American cities.

What is so hard to understand, It's simply a group of present and ex military personell and present and ex LEO's that are going to honor the oath that they took.

They aren't going to "round up" anybody, they're simply going to keep true to their oath.

Isn't that what the military is suppossed to do, defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic ?!

Why try to demonize a group of people that are pledging to be honorable ?!

www.lvrj.com...

You know, I actually have no problem with someone renewing their vows, for themselves and their teams. As a school kid we recited the Oath of Allegiance every day. Oaths are important and serious things.

The thing I want to know is, what has prompted them to think they need to publicly remind the world that they have taken such an oath? And start an organization to coordinate it? Is there a rash of oath breaking Police Officers, running around the streets violating their oaths?

OK, they talk about fear of a dictatorship, of blockading cities, of disarming the populace, and their refusal to follow 'illegal' orders. Fair enough, if I was them and I got those orders after a coup or some such unconstitutional takeover, I'd like think that I would refuse too.

But the likelihood of that happening is so remote as to be ludicrous. I know it and you know it, even if you are a fan of ATS and the conspiracies espoused here.

So then the article reveals these guys real agenda:

from Stewart Rhodes in the article posted

"We say if the American people decide it's time for a revolution, we'll fight with you."

Read that again and understand: they are serving notice that they are willing to serve in a revolt against the very oaths they are reputing to confirm. Rhodes is saying that these folks are so keen to "protect" the Constitution that they willing to commit Treason and overthrow it.

Note:

1. They have, sometime in the past, taken an oath to "...preserve and defend the Constitution..." or words to that effect. Maybe its just the Pledge of Allegiance, I don't know.
  2. They are now vowing to violate that oath by taking part in a rebellion against the Constitutionally established Government.
  3. They call themselves the "Oath Keepers"

The mind boggles.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join