It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready To Revolt: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
The real solution ... Hold Politicians responsible for their campaign promises, Dont fulfill them? executed... that will thin the liars and the braggarts... just a thought really but i mean hey it would work

Execute? bit extreme, dontcha think?

How about just voting them out should they not have a reasonable explanation as to why they failed a promise? if we had a unbias news channel, we could tune in and do promise check during election season for local and federal governments

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
The real solution ... Hold Politicians responsible for their campaign promises, Dont fulfill them? executed... that will thin the liars and the braggarts... just a thought really but i mean hey it would work

Execute? bit extreme, dontcha think?

How about just voting them out should they not have a reasonable explanation as to why they failed a promise? if we had a unbias news channel, we could tune in and do promise check during election season for local and federal governments

You just keep asking, "why dont we just do things as they have always been done? That works, right?" Well, the fact is, if those ways worked, we wouldnt be having this conversation right now.

You keep asking these things as though your shocked that a persons first instinct wouldnt be the normal way things are done, but dont address the fact that those ways are an illusion in this day and age. You go right ahead and do all these things you are suggesting, and then well see what kind of changes youve made in 5 years. Things will be the same, because your approaching the problem in the same impotent fashion. This is the realization our Founding Fathers came to at the beginning of this Nation.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by treemanx]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The trembling is definitely going to be felt in the coming years. I don’t know if will even be while Obamas in office. Because I don’t truly feel that it’s his of even the administrations fault.

This will be a culture war as much as political and physical.

The grossly rich grow up in a vastly different place then the rest of us; they are raise and groomed a certain way that has been developed over time. This is to blame, the morals and ideals the give way to greed and corruption are what must be stopped.
You can put a band aid on a wound but it doesn’t help much, you must stitch the veins. Your hands with be bloody, some of it yours perhaps, but it gives time a chance to heal the wound.

This group is just part of what is needed; it will stem the use of protectors from fighting against their constitution just because they’re ordered to.
To all those that joined with the true intention of protecting I thank you.

We can only hope to stave off a civil war.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Correct me if I am mistaken or foolish in assuming something here.

The group is requesting that people with authority in government, and their enforcers, honor their oaths. Right?

Can someone explain to me how this is a threat?

I would think that if there is concern being shown by TPTB, there is either (1) something else going on in this group, or (2) TPTB are worried that their policies will be against the oaths of these personnel.

I assume (1) is the problem; however, I have not heard of any problem.

Sounds like a good idea to get ahead of the game, just in case there are personnel in positions of power that are weak-minded when it comes to honor and ethics. This way they will know there is a support group.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

I actually agree wholeheartedly with the gist of what you are saying here...Except for the violence / execution end. Jail time for violating oath wouldn't be terrible though.

The "electoral" system is THE biggest sham ever perpetrated and BOUGHT by the public at large-EVER. It is nothing more than a facade of ILLUSIONARY "choice", when in fact the entire political system has been hijacked for ages now by a giant bunch of criminals masquerading as a "two" party system, which in reality is two sides of the exact same coin, serving the special interest, "behind the scenes" elitists, who SET UP who we, the public, actually get to vote for. It is nothing but a sham.

The key is to expose the people (the top players behind the Bilderbergers / M.I.C. / Corporate giant triplex's) who are hijacking this process and continuing the merry-go-round of "faux" choices of representatives (who don't serve the people AT ALL, but serve these elitists, administration after administration), and THEN re-boot this system from a grass-roots level, which may take branch-offs (sovereignities) in order to implement.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

ok, so what your saying is that the moment Bush annoyed me and did something unconstitutional, I should have gotten armed and started taking shots at him?

What options are you suggesting? Whenever you dont like what the other party does, you go down and shoot them?

well, that would certainly solve the overpopulation issue considering when you have 3 people in a room, there will soon be a disagreement and when a vote comes around, one of them is going to feel like there is no democracy, no matter how fair the voting was.

should that 1 person then shoot the other two because he didnt sway the neutral person to his way of thinking?

This is what these threads are to me...far right wings complaining that they didnt win, so they should overthrow the elected officals on the left verses simply try to make a stronger case as to why they shouldnt be in office.

Where was this movement when Bush was using the constitution as toilet paper? non-existant is where it was.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

And that is exactly why they made a Constitution and a form of government that is able to change if the people wish it.

No group of people have seriously challenged the two parties in awhile. We are in a situation now where approval of the government is at an all-time low in our history and the situation is ripe for the creation and empowerment of third parties.

Every major grassroots movement either supports one of the parties or claims that it isn't a partisan issue because they're afraid of being marginalized by the power brokers in Washington and those industries that fund them.

It may seem like a mountain to climb, but I'm willing to bet trying to create legitimate alternatives to the establishment through hard-work and donation collecting is going to be quite a bit more successful than sabre rattling and threatening some kind of glorious civil war.

You told Saturn to wait five years and see where it gets him, but I'm willing to bet his strategy of affecting change in the national government is a lot more effective than the Oath Keepers.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

ok, so what your saying is that the moment Bush annoyed me and did something unconstitutional, I should have gotten armed and started taking shots at him?

What options are you suggesting? Whenever you dont like what the other party does, you go down and shoot them?

well, that would certainly solve the overpopulation issue considering when you have 3 people in a room, there will soon be a disagreement and when a vote comes around, one of them is going to feel like there is no democracy, no matter how fair the voting was.

should that 1 person then shoot the other two because he didnt sway the neutral person to his way of thinking?

This is what these threads are to me...far right wings complaining that they didnt win, so they should overthrow the elected officals on the left verses simply try to make a stronger case as to why they shouldnt be in office.

Where was this movement when Bush was using the constitution as toilet paper? non-existant is where it was.

I never said anything of the sort. Im not promoting the use of violence or execution against anyone. I am merely defending the questioning of the established way these things are handled. We obviously cant go around killing people because they disagree with our perception of what is right. But we also obviously cant continue to expect any change in the current status of things by doing what we have always done. It doesnt work anymore.

Maybe a long time ago, we could enact change in our Nation by voting, and getting involved politically. But the face of the political landscape has changed so dramatically since those days that those things no longer hold any power to the individual. We need to change with it, rather than allowing politics to change, and we continue to address it using old tactics.

The point of my posts has only been to support the Oath Keepers, and keep people from immediately turning against any ideas for change that arent of the status quoe. If we are going to make change happen in our Country, its my belief that we need to step outside the comfort zone of the old ideas, and being to explore new ones that may be more potent.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Refer to my last post, it addresses your post also.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Maybe the rest of the world will come to save us as we did Europe and others in WWII!

record player in the background scratches to a halt, forums get dead quiet...

laughter brakes out all around:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

As I said, Im not defending the use of violence with my posts. Merely suggesting that the established system for individuals to enact change in their Country is an illusion.

The beating heart of this Nation is money. Politics, politicians, and laws are made and broken by the almighty dollar. It been that way for a long time now. Our Government has left us the illusion of control by allowing us to vote and involve ourselves in politics. But we know that it is as I said at the beginning of this paragraph.

That being said, our avenue for enacting change is impotent, and we have a great desire for our voices to be given back the power that has been taken away from us by greed. Tell me this isnt true.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Although i hope that these people are never in the position where they have to uphold their oath and defend against domestic enemies, it's great to see that there are those that took their oath seriously.

The only reason our government would ever have to fear these people is if they give them illegal, unconstitutional orders.

They're not right wing extremist, or any other kind of extremist. They are simply a group of people that intend to uphold their oath to uphold the constitution of this country by refusing to carry out any illegal and unconstitutional orders. If they keep true to their oath, then i applaud them.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Oh absolutely. Just look at the past several administrations and congressional bodies. This system is corrupted to its core. Anybody thinking it's "working" is living in a dream world. The game has been rigged, and at this stage, no matter who the "winner" is, WE ARE LOSING.

A MAJOR overhaul has been necessary for some time now.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If "We the People" became a multi-billion dollar corporation, we would have had bailout money to pay our past due bills and buy a new house for our families. We would have the voice again, that we used to have at the founding of this country.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I agree, star for you!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Exactly. The fact is, the way things are right now are great......for the Federal Government. They have their multi-million dollar homes and vacation resort homes and car collections and expensive hookers. They dont want the change we want. Thats why I laugh everytime I hear Obama talk about CHANGE. He dosent want it any more than any other politician. He may live like a commoner then! They like it just the way it is, dont ever let them fool you into believing otherwise.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
If "We the People" became a multi-billion dollar corporation, we would have had bailout money to pay our past due bills and buy a new house for our families. We would have the voice again, that we used to have at the founding of this country.

You forgot something. Not everyone in America during it settling and founding had a voice.

en.wikipedia.org...

In America the hard work was done by slaves who had no voice.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It is already any soldiers prerogative to not carry out an order that is unlawful.

If the order is shown to be lawful, and the soldier fails to carry it out, then it is they who are in err and shall face the consequences of their insubordination.

I don't know what the rule is for police. But I wouldn't want anybody working in teh services on my tax dollar to be insubordinate.

If those guys and gals don't like their president, they should just quit. They can't follow orders and question orders? They don't belong in a military, para-military or police force. Period.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Then in that case, I agree with you. People in authority should take their oath of position and/or office seriously and refuse to do things in violation of those founding principles. Also, they should immediately disclose corruption on a local and higher level should they notice something going on that is clearly unconstitutional.

Whistleblowers are always a welcome voice in almost any community so long as its not just steamblowing.

As far as this group is concerned, I may be wrong, but that is basically their stand...if your told to do something that goes against the constitution or amendments to, then dont do it and call to action..personal responsibility on a large scale would clear up the sewage real quick.

oh, and also strict laws controlling lobbiest would be a great push in the right direction...hard to stay on the right path with 100 lobbiests per congressman barking, bribing, and pleading with them...perhaps some extreme transparency measures, although I have no clue how that would be enacted and enforced.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I would say that....

(2) TPTB are worried that their policies will be against the oaths of these personnel.

is the real problem.

An incident earlier this year in rural Iowa, not inside the Washington Beltway, motivated Rhodes to start Oath Keepers.

He questioned why the Iowa National Guard planned to use residents of a small town to participate in training on door-to-door searches for weapons.

The Guard said the training was to help soldiers who might be asked to carry out similar searches in Iraq or Afghanistan.

But for Rhodes, it looked like preparation for a future declaration of martial law. It reminded him of the response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005 when police officers reportedly confiscated legally owned firearms. What the government called emergency response after the levees broke, Rhodes saw as the imposition of martial law.

American citizens should never be used for military traing exercises. Our mlitary should Never believe that it is ok for them to perform any miltary exercise on the American people, training, or otherwise. Nor should the American people ever accept infringement on our rights by our own military that have sworn an oath to uphold our constitution.

www.lvrj.com...

Edit for spelling

[edit on 10/19/2009 by chise61]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join