It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready To Revolt: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Let's remember problem-reaction-solution...if these oath keepers get a taste of power, why are they less likely to be corrupted than any other group of patriots-types? What if they are a set up? One thing I have learned from watching this country and world history is it is best to trust no one, judge by deeds not rhetoric.

For now it's all just hot air. Let's see them in action.

I'll take my chances with the oath keepers. The present set of circumastances begs for something different. The private citizens have started the tide of change, and the oath keepers hopefuly will finish the job.

By the way, if all the troops are posted in every God forsaken corner of the world, they won't be much help. Does anyone see a trend of deploying as many troops overseas as possible, using who knows what for their dirty work here??? I can easily see a war being starting just to divert attention away from the problems here.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it. There are hundreds of said groups all around the country who proclaim to be doing the same thing. I've heard rumors of revolt and revolution for so long that it would be refreshing if at least one of these groups would keep their promises.

Nonetheless, revolt will only be our undoing in the end. Maybe if we Americans weren't so lazy and stuck to our material possessions an article like this would hold a little more merit.

Anyway...whatever.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think it's funny how we've lost our way to such a degree, that we celebrate a group of people trying to behave like free Human beings

Meanwhile, we convince ourselves that we're not individually strong enough to stand our ground because we're afraid of the consequences.

ATS is becoming the Hive mind of frightened people.

IMHO

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by djusdjus

You make a valid point, however there are some basics that our military and LEO's do not need a constitutional lawyer to tell them are illegal. They don't need lawyers to tell them that disarming the American puiblic, carrying out military exercises on the American public, etc are unconstitutional.

Oh, really?

In a disaster situation, like Katrina for example, where law and order has completely broken down, local Police, such as they are, have been completely overwhelmed and openly abandoned their responsibilities, the Governor has declared a State of Emergency and sends in the National Guard.

Is the disarming roving gangs of looters unconstitutional? Are they reallly looters or local citizens defending their homes from looters? Is the National Guard Constitutionally authorized to perform tasks otherwise performed by Civilian police? Do they have the constitutional authority to declare sections of the City off limits and refuse legal residents permission to go to their homes? etc. etc. etc.

Is any of that Constitutional? Not sure? Don't care if they are performing a public good?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well if you read our constitution the first three words say:
We the People

This is the true authority of the US.

Also refer to the 2nd Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This has to do with "watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants," not an empiric military regime.

In the end, it won't matter, it'll be control freaks versus a bunch of people with nothing to lose. Who are you going to side with? The people who engineered this finacial collapse and say we owe the world 50 trillion or with the People who actually make this country go.

Are you really going to use Katrina as an example of compotent use of a gov. powers? Bad choice, real bad...

[edit on 19-10-2009 by wylee]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
oh puhlease there isn't enough balls in this country to revolt against anything. don't let the movies fool you, nobody in this country is that brave and heroic. cut the it out, there isn't a thing any of us could do. talk about voting and advertisement makes me want to gag.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
From the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence:

"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

The New World Order and the man to whom they have promised the title of President of the World, Barrack Hussein Obama, have compromised and betrayed the "safety and happiness" of the citizens of the United States, and paved a path (design) of "absolute Despotism."

It is our duty, and the duty of patriots such as the Oathkeepers, to "throw off such Government..." Can it be any clearer who are the enemies of our sovereign country? Not the Oathkeepers, certainly, but the despots and their willing tools of slavery, the traitorous leftists who want to reduce this country to third world status under the dictatorship of anti-American, anti-God and anti-caucasian masters.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Concentration camps and all this mumbo jumbo has already been known its just that the government has been hiding it all until people think its all safe, They will pop out with all thier martial laws and camps

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If I may.... Thanks.

Should there be a way of "polling" the citizens of a given location, to find out their mind-set, aggressive capabilities, docility, leadership potential, or any matter in regards to the rebellious or submissive nature of the population.

I would most probably release a document or story designed to strike at the very core of their beliefs, cause it to be widely distributed, then monitor any and all venues for possible feed back.

The benefits of such a public test, (announcement) is it's widespread distribution using limited financial resources and manpower in distribution, and the monitoring of reaction using the resources already in place.

Using existing technologies, the list of utilities for such public monitoring ranges from voice communication systems, computers, instant messaging, SMS and text messages, talk radio and letters to the editor.

The information gained, would most certainly provide a numerical value that can be injected into the formulas for the "projected" necessity of enforcement personnel, medical equipment and type of force to be put in place, needed to control, quell or squash any potential organization or uprising within a given area.

Additionally it would indicate the necessary resources needed in a "reserve" enforcement position, to insure the successful and favorable resolution on the part of governing body.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

im glad you understood my sarcasm. I think thats the whole issue, who? Who is the enemy? I don't want a civil/revolutionary war, they are very ugly.

Besides, like many have mentioned before, how do know we get something better out of it? Good chance we could be worse off then now. There's got to be a better way.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

The thing I want to know is, what has prompted them to think they need to publicly remind the world that they have taken such an oath? And start an organization to coordinate it?

Since I am not a member of Oath Keepers I cannot answer that question, you would have to poise that question to the members of that organization.

Is there a rash of oath breaking Police Officers, running around the streets violating their oaths?

We have some very fine police officers here, but yes we do also have a number of police officers running the streets violating their oaths.

OK, they talk about fear of a dictatorship, of blockading cities, of disarming the populace, and their refusal to follow 'illegal' orders. Fair enough, if I was them and I got those orders after a coup or some such unconstitutional takeover, I'd like think that I would refuse too.

It's not only after a coup, or unconstitutional takeover that those orders can be, and are issued. There are unconstitutional things being done by some LEO's and government officials in this country everyday.

But the likelihood of that happening is so remote as to be ludicrous. I know it and you know it, even if you are a fan of ATS and the conspiracies espoused here.

IMHO, no i don't believe that the possibility is so remote that it's ludicrous.

Yes i am a fan of ATS, if you're a member that would make you one also wouldn't it? Sorry but i can't allow the credit for my being a CT go to ATS, i was a CT long before i was aware of ATS.

Read that again and understand: they are serving notice that they are willing to serve in a revolt against the very oaths they are reputing to confirm.

No they are not serving notice that they are willing to serve in a revolt against the oaths they took. They are affirming that if the time comes when the American people feel the time has come to to put an end to an unjust, overpowered government that is no longer of the people, by the people, for the people that they will not violate their oaths and take up arms against them, but rather uphold their oaths and stand with them in their efforts to defend their constitutuion, and their country.

They swore an oath to support and defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. They did not swear an oath to support and defend the government, the government and the constitution are not one in the same, they are two seperate things. Rebelling against an unjust government is not rebelling against our constitution. To rebell against an unjust government does not violate their oaths.

2.They are now vowing to violate that oath by taking part in a rebellion against the Constitutionally established Government.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Our government is indeed becoming destructive of these ends.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Here you can read the entire document yourself, here.....

www.ushistory.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Retorque

That was a very wonderful way of saying, They no doubt already know.
Which I believe, no doubt, they already do.!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Do you know any Oath Keepers? I do. My brother and my friend, both Army, one a former Ranger with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. They're not dreaming of some sort of revolutionary fantasy, they're asserting their allegiance to the country.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The latest Obamanation posted on World Net Daily:

U.S. sponsors plan to restrict free speech
Joins Egyptians in proposal to United Nations Human Rights Council

A proposal sponsored by the Obama administration
at the United Nations that purports to seek protection for "freedom of opinion
and expression" actually is a call for a worldwide crackdown on freedom of speech and a mandate for nations to ensure "that relevant national legislation complies with … international human rights obligations" – a clear threat to the First Amendment, according to critics.

The resolution was submitted recently by the United States and Egypt. It was approved by the U.N. Human Rights Council as a first step in its process through the international organization.

It demands that all nations condemn and criminalize "any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence."

Steven Groves of the Heritage Foundation told WND the issue is not about free speech at all but about installing international precedents to stifle any criticism of Islam.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Do you know any Oath Keepers? I do. My brother and my friend, both Army, one a former Ranger with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. They're not dreaming of some sort of revolutionary fantasy, they're asserting their allegiance to the country.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by projectvxn]

I believe you and I have faith in the oath keepers.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Is the disarming roving gangs of looters unconstitutional?

No it's not, however going door to door, entering law abiding citizens homes and disarming them is. If they were really law abiding local citizens protecting their homes from looters they wouldn't be part of a roving gang now would they ?

If the Governor has declared a state of emergency then yes he can bring in the national guard, since he is in command of them and his state, which is a whole different level than federal military troops marching in.

Now here's one for you, is it constitutional for the federal government to bring in private miltary companies like Blackwater to police the area ? Why do such a thing after the Governor has already called in the National Guard ? Gee the feds can't send in the military so they send in mercanaries instead, and Oath Keepers are a problem ?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Americans have gone to war and died over spoon fed political lies... knowing fullwell in their gut, this goverment has screwed them.

It seems every generation learns this government has lied, but the gap between generations is always the void this country uses to re-brainwash the masses.

The biggest revelation has come from middle class white America, having finally come out of patriotic bubbles to realize they are the mules who's tax dollars have funded their enslavment since the federal Reserve was invented. Like sniffing amonia, THIS WAKEUP CALL IS NOW A POST BUSH BRAIN-FRY.

Why have we been ah-scared to step up like men and challenge the wrongs of our OWN goverment?

It's about time an organized group stood up like men for our own future. Because if we don't... you know this goverment will put you back on the treadmill.

S&F

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Level X]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I started to address that; however I like the way you put it better. I am thankful for these Oath Keepers.. A lot of people would have us to lay down, be quiet, and wait for the genocide.

No consequencE..

Thank you..

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

Thanks.

Some just will never understand that being patriotic is being loyal to our country, not our government. Our constitution is what deserves protecting, not an out of control government.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Quite true.. That is not a complicated issue; as so many here seem to think. Makes me wonder about them.

Contrary to the administrations' perspective, I was led to believe that the constitution did not have an expiration date where it became sour.

No consequencE..

Thank you

[edit on 19-10-2009 by noconsequence]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join