It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready To Revolt: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by treemanx
If "We the People" became a multi-billion dollar corporation, we would have had bailout money to pay our past due bills and buy a new house for our families. We would have the voice again, that we used to have at the founding of this country.

You forgot something. Not everyone in America during it settling and founding had a voice.

en.wikipedia.org...

In America the hard work was done by slaves who had no voice.

I agree, but your talking about a little different topic. Fortunately, those who didnt have a voice then, were granted one after Lincoln, Martin Luther King, etc.. So today, we have only Americans, rather than Americans with slaves who have no voice. But in this day and age, you and I have become the slave, with no voice or power to change our Country for the better. I promise you though, if you had a few million in your bank account and a few high up connections, you'd have a louder voice than I, and more ability to shape things in the US.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Again, star for you. I completely agree with your post.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yes because all soldiers and civil office holders are experts in constitutional law and will immediately recognize when they are being ordered unlawfully?

That's a ridiculous assumption. So, do they at least have experts in constitutional law guiding their organization or is this a bunch of orly taitz types disguising their bigotry and racist attitudes with this?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
It is already any soldiers prerogative to not carry out an order that is unlawful.

If the order is shown to be lawful, and the soldier fails to carry it out, then it is they who are in err and shall face the consequences of their insubordination.

I don't know what the rule is for police. But I wouldn't want anybody working in teh services on my tax dollar to be insubordinate.

If those guys and gals don't like their president, they should just quit. They can't follow orders and question orders? They don't belong in a military, para-military or police force. Period.

Yes but tell me, when the rubber meets the road, is it really that black and white for our Nations Military and Police? I dont think so. While they are sworn to uphold the Constitution, there is also fear of retribution from not following orders.

If they dont like their President, they should quit? And why is that? Would that also go hand in hand with- if your Government tells you its in your best interest to live under Martial Law, you should just do it? Think about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
Yes because all soldiers and civil office holders are experts in constitutional law and will immediately recognize when they are being ordered unlawfully?

That's a ridiculous assumption. So, do they at least have experts in constitutional law guiding their organization or is this a bunch of orly taitz types disguising their bigotry and racist attitudes with this?

Another good point.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have been a member of Oath Keepers for a couple of weeks now. It seems to be a stand up group. Having said that, being a police officer, I decided a long time ago that I would not do anything to go against the Constitution. I gave ten years of my life in the military defending the Constitution so I take my oath seriously. Here is the problem as I see it; yes, we can refuse to obey all orders that contradict the Constitution, but then what? When, notice I didn't say "if", the time comes there has to be a point that we go from refusing to obey orders to actually DEFENDING the Constitution. I hope and pray that I have enough wisdom to descern when its that time.
Seeashrink

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

When, notice I didn't say "if", the time comes there has to be a point that we go from refusing to obey orders to actually DEFENDING the Constitution. I hope and pray that I have enough wisdom to descern when its that time.

I hope we all have the wisdom to know when that time comes. That is what TPTB fear most, that the time will come when we will defend our constitution.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ItIsWhatItIs

I honesly do not mean any disrespect but seems to be a naive answer. Voting and calling attention to the canidates you want in office is like pissing in the ocean and then checking the sea level to see if it rose any, unless of course your last name is Rockafella or Roschild, or you are a major player in the corporate world. Voting today and getting involved in your canidate does not ressemble anything our forefathers had in mind.
seeashrink

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong people im not saying violence is the answer, Im saying that if that were a part of the Oath of Office alot of people would not even bother to campaign. As well it would force would be candidates to be much more truthful.

There is no way that the current system works... Politicians learned how to play the game ... Truthfully its just like any board game, and they learned how to play it well. Promise the world and give them a rock it works every time.

oh and to be clear i wasnt saying just anybody execute them i was meaning as part of law.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I absolutely agree imagine what Benjamin Franklin would think of a box that could reach 100x the amount of people he even thought existed... hed tell us we are screwed

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

You make a valid point, however there are some basics that our military and LEO's do not need a constitutional lawyer to tell them are illegal. They don't need lawyers to tell them that disarming the American puiblic, carrying out military exercises on the American public, etc are unconstitutional.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by ItIsWhatItIs

I honesly do not mean any disrespect but seems to be a naive answer. Voting and calling attention to the canidates you want in office is like pissing in the ocean and then checking the sea level to see if it rose any, unless of course your last name is Rockafella or Roschild, or you are a major player in the corporate world. Voting today and getting involved in your canidate does not ressemble anything our forefathers had in mind.
seeashrink

Exactly what I'm saying. This is why we need to explore new ideas like the Oath Keepers, and other such organizations that will help us have the common voice we need to protect our rights. Guaranteed your local representative cares less for your rights, freedoms and ideas as you do.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by djusdjus

You make a valid point, however there are some basics that our military and LEO's do not need a constitutional lawyer to tell them are illegal. They don't need lawyers to tell them that disarming the American puiblic, carrying out military exercises on the American public, etc are unconstitutional.

As I understand the purpose of the Oath Keepers, they are less there to help recognize when a stand is needed, than to be support for those who face it when it comes.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I would like to know right now; where is the option to, "dig", etc. the information here? The information here is gold.. I believe it should be given full venting so that their movement might grow.

Didn't "Obama nation" [that makes desolate] say that he was looking for a civilian force? Enter the well armed, anti-christian street gangs. And you didn't think they had planned it this well..

People can't see the reason to publicize this group with enthusiasm? No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

I cannot say if the pictures are staged or what, but there are some pictures online of some of the troops in Afghanistan wearing an Oath Keeper's tab on the shoulder of their uniforms....interesting.
Seeashrink

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

Are you saying that the Oath Keepers will become Obama's civilian defense force??

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Little onion humor to add to the thread enjoy =)
www.hulu.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

Are you saying that the Oath Keepers will become Obama's civilian defense force??

Not at all sir.. I am saying that he openly said that he wanted a, "civilian defense force"; and that they are allready in place to fight any-one that opposes Obama, [nation].. I call them, "well armed hardened street gangs"..

He said, "civilian" defense force within our nation.. No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The Oath Keepers are just that. We took an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all Enemies both foreign and Domestic.

I've taken that oath now 8 times in my life. I swore my life to that oath for most of my adult life. To defend the Constitution and America.

Military life and service is not for everyone, it's a life style many could not endure or handle the life. I spent 10 years of my life in the US Marines, I traveled around the World many times (Not places to take a vacation I might add)

I got out of the Marines, graduated from college and worked in almost ever field there is, from bar tending, bouncer, waiter, construction labor, car salesmen, plumber, technician, etc.

I carried a full load at college (15 credit hours per semester) while working 50+ hours a week as a bar tender/waiter.

I went back into the national Guard when my Sons joined the Marines and Army respectively. After a 16 year break in service I ask myself was it worth it?

You bet your ass it's been worth it and yes, I'm an Oath Keeper as well.

Semper Fidelis,

SSGT-VDOG

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

My error, thanks for clearing it up for me.
Seeashrink

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join