It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready To Revolt: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I thought every-one knew. Just a sign of the times.

freedomedium.com...

Do people see where that is leading? It'll be ok.. Infidels!

Edit to add: I [heart] infidels, and all people who love their fellow human beings within reason..

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

sad times indeed... its really the setup for totalitarianism, an "Army" that is "pledged" to BO, its just weird and awkward even in the dark ages (2000-2008) that was unheard of

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
Here is the problem as I see it; yes, we can refuse to obey all orders that contradict the Constitution, but then what? When, notice I didn't say "if", the time comes there has to be a point that we go from refusing to obey orders to actually DEFENDING the Constitution. I hope and pray that I have enough wisdom to descern when its that time.
Seeashrink

When the time comes, it will be "brother" fighting "brother", policemen vs policemen, marine vs marine, american vs american. Do you really think most will have the stomache for it?

I am in no way doubting the conviction of the members of Oath Keepers, just saying someone you work with and like will be on the other side when the lines are finally drawn.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by treemanx

I cannot say if the pictures are staged or what, but there are some pictures online of some of the troops in Afghanistan wearing an Oath Keeper's tab on the shoulder of their uniforms....interesting.
Seeashrink

It wouldnt surprise me if that were true. Many units are allowed to wear a patch designed by the team. My brother has had the Death Proof skull symbol from the Quentin Tarentino movie, and an Iron Cross as well. Having an Oath Keepers tab wouldnt be out of the ordinary as I understand.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i]reply to post by conspiracyrus

Though people may think I'm a bible thumper, I take language literally.. So when I say the, "obamination that makes desolate", whats the first thing that comes to mind?

Yep; we are in the beginning of the cleansing of the infidels. How can we ever respond insightfully early enough?

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would need to know how the Oath Keepers interpret the Constitution. Bear in mind that scholars of Constitutional Law don't always agree.

I suspect that most of the present members of that group consider Social Security and Medicare to be unconstitutional, because these are federal programs and not state ones. So how would one keep their oath in this case? Round up all the senior citizens who get federal benefits and lock them up? Or just take away their Social Security checks and refuse them medical care if they don't pay through the nose for it? Or shoot them or lock them up if they protest?

A lot of people who really just have an extreme agenda hide behind the claim that they are just defending the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I would assume they are literalists when it comes to the constitution ... no interpretation what it says is how it goes.

edit to clarify, they are still human beings guy come on.... and why would they arrest the people rather than go straight to the source

[edit on 19-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I would need to know how the Oath Keepers interpret the Constitution. Bear in mind that scholars of Constitutional Law don't always agree.

I suspect that most of the present members of that group consider Social Security and Medicare to be unconstitutional, because these are federal programs and not state ones. So how would one keep their oath in this case? Round up all the senior citizens who get federal benefits and lock them up? Or just take away their Social Security checks and refuse them medical care if they don't pay through the nose for it? Or shoot them or lock them up if they protest?

A lot of people who really just have an extreme agenda hide behind the claim that they are just defending the Constitution.

Um. OK. Right. So the Oath Keepers are going to round up all the senior citizens who get federal benefits and lock them up. Have you been to the Oath Keepers website? Read any of the things there? ......do that.....and then come on back and let us know if the question was answered. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

That sounds as though we can not discern between good and bad.. Your goal is for me to lay down and wait for TPTB to interpret it for me again when they messed it up the first time?

Edit to add: Oops! conspiracyrus beat me to that one.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Their way of supporting us is by taking a stand and refusing to follow any illegal, unconstitutional orders.

My response was only intended to point out that they don't need a constitutional lawyer to point out the basics of the constitution. There are certain basics that people know are unconstitutional, especially our military personell and LEO's.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by whaaa

That's one of the biggest problems IMO.

An element that is ingrained into every part of society and government but is intent on working against the populace is hard to identify as it sounds like pretty much the average public servant.

Im glad you answered that. Im not as "quib" as most here. Im a hands on person.
As for who the enemy is, I would say anyone who opposes firing every senator and congressman and removal of Federal Reserve ...hmmmm...lets see who else.......oh yeah , Builderberg group....Actually don't we need to remove all Federal entities? CIA,NSA..ect can all go to.
We need out troops to keep the other countries from attacking us while we clean house. So to the OP, join up....I did.

As for another post directed at my "bottled up'ed anger" ...yeah Im mad , why aren't you? Stolen and bought elections, wars to get oil that we don't need because worthless companies like GM and the like supress and kill better energy ideas, those elected only listing to who has the most money as they worship Owl gods in the woods of California, as their buddies create diseases and then patent the cure.......folks Im fumming

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

This is true. There are certain obvious things that would violate the Constitution that anyone would recognize. But it also falls back to the fact that these people cant just refuse orders without fear of retribution from their commanding officers. Having an organization like the Oath Keepers is also a group who can support its own members in taking those stands if they are necessary.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
I would assume they are literalists when it comes to the constitution ... no interpretation what it says is how it goes.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]

Did the founding fathers write the constitution in a metaphorical language or did they write it plain as day so all could understand it. My money is on #2 and is why i get mad any time I hear about constitution scholars or interpretations of the constitution. It was not written to be interpreted or debated by scholars, it was written to be read in the fashion it was written, literally. Of coarse our language has evolved since, but it still reads clear as day to me, no interpretation needed.

Literalists you say

Definition - Literal

: according with the letter of the scriptures b : adhering to fact or to the ordinary construction or primary meaning of a term or expression

Source

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs
If you want to fight against an idea, you better start now. There are all types of tools at your disposal. Voting comes to mind. Getting publicity to the leaders you want in office. Ever tried that? Or is that not violent enough of a revolution?

Um, voting is no longer a viable option...
Read Me
our electoral process has been privatized and utterly compromised in the name of coporate (literally, facist) perogatives.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
[]

When the time comes, it will be "brother" fighting "brother", policemen vs policemen, marine vs marine, american vs american. Do you really think most will have the stomache for it?

I am in no way doubting the conviction of the members of Oath Keepers, just saying someone you work with and like will be on the other side when the lines are finally drawn.

I agree with your assessment and only time will tell. Whatever plunges this country into unrest/civil war will be lost in the mist of battle. I think that as a result of the chaos it will come down to fighting for survival not an idealology. This is sad, but I believe it will be true. I belong to a survival forum and occasionally we get the Rambos in there that talk about how they are going to "kick this and that" and what I try to make them understand is that the ultimate goal will be survive and not fight, unless absolutely necessary and then to choose those battles wisely. As for me, I had a state trooper (a brother in arms) say that he would do exactly as he was told if required to take weapons away from citizens. I told him to make sure that he did not come to my house, and I made the implication clear.
Seeashrink

[edit on 19-10-2009 by seeashrink]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
GREYELF2009 Quote

So to the OP, join up....I did.

As for another post directed at my "bottled up'ed anger" ...yeah Im mad , why aren't you? Stolen and bought elections, wars to get oil that we don't need because worthless companies like GM and the like supress and kill better energy ideas, those elected only listing to who has the most money as they worship Owl gods in the woods of California, as their buddies create diseases and then patent the cure.......folks Im fumming

I love it! Thanks man, you just made this thread to me! Great post, star for you from me!

[edit on 19-10-2009 by treemanx]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You beat me to it...thanks
seeashrink

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Gotta love it bro! No problem!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
reply to post by Pilot

Maybe the rest of the world will come to save us as we did Europe and others in WWII!

record player in the background scratches to a halt, forums get dead quiet...

laughter brakes out all around:

Sure they will come in the form of U.N. peace keepers and the quick reaction force of the E.U.-NATO to put a stop to the American terrorist problem when we finally get fed up with our government and revolt.

They will most definitely come, They will die here but they will show up for the party no less.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Get serious.

Launched in March by Las Vegan Stewart Rhodes, Oath Keepers bills itself as a nonpartisan group of current and retired law enforcement and military personnel who vow to fulfill their oaths to the Constitution.

More specifically, the group's members, which number in the thousands, pledge to disobey orders they deem unlawful, including directives to disarm the American people and to blockade American cities.

What is so hard to understand, It's simply a group of present and ex military personell and present and ex LEO's that are going to honor the oath that they took.

They aren't going to "round up" anybody, they're simply going to keep true to their oath.

Isn't that what the military is suppossed to do, defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic ?!

Why try to demonize a group of people that are pledging to be honorable ?!

www.lvrj.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join