It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by mikerussellus

A better position? So are you other worldly or possibly a man of extremely adequate IQ?

I'm just a guy. My IQ is my own business. Although some may claim that it's rating (High? Low?) is the reason I am what I am.

I posit a question. Raise it to a level where it can be discussed. Am I right? I'd like to think so, but I have been proven horribly wrong in the past.

I am often humbled by the intellect level on this site.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

u may think you have, but you missed the memo. the GOP is willing to sacrifice you, me, and everyone we know, if it means obama losses. hows that for country?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A lot of the reactions to this thread remind me of a college football game, with the whole "my team is better than yours" attitude. We're all in this together regardless of your politics.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

Really? Can you post this memo?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Honestly, if you single out any politician, they would sacrafice their own mother to further move their carreer.

I like to point out the fact that I bought EXXON stock when gas prices were rising. If the PTB are going to profit, why shouldn't I?

If our ideologies coincide, then why not ride that train as far as you can?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exemplar
A lot of the reactions to this thread remind me of a college football game, with the whole "my team is better than yours" attitude. We're all in this together regardless of your politics.

Too damn fracking true!!!!

Wish more people would realize it.

er, maybe myself as well . . . . . .

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I think the intolerance comes from a general hatred of ignorance.

If you know that 1+4=5 and someone says it is 3 cause God said it is...you can either blow your lid and call them a flipping idiot, or walk away laughing and looking down at that person...both responses are generally negative, but rightfully so.

So, when you have a large amount of scientific data, peer reviewed, showing a link between emissions of automobiles and increase in global warming and others simply deny the evidence, you tend to appear negative because your dealing with ignorance, or if you see the government that supposed to be independent of religious institutions given breaks for people in a religious ceremony and then start dictating how the religious ceremony should be preformed (aka, gays cant marry), then ya...people will see this as a absolute pinnicle of moronishness...such decisions should be made by the church, not by the government or any offical of the government..frankly, the government should only observe civil unifications...if some church wants to tie in their marriage ceremony with the state unification, then so be it..

The party isnt negative, its angry at ignorance as we all are when we have absolute raw hard data backing up a claim (and yes, smoking is linked to cancer...look how long it took for "them" to accept that bit of science)

Global warming data doctered.

Could leaving out data from the middle ages skew conclusions?

I have no problem with having an electric car in my future. I have already posted about about CO2 scrubbing technologies that are being made.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Don't feel bad, we all get drawn into the fray and regret it later I think. They're very good at pulling the right emotional strings to provoke a reaction.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
how is this not an example of political baiting?

do the mods really consider this rational discourse?

It isn't political baiting. Read the thread. Most/some would think so, but that is the reason for the thread. If you have the courage to look at the political atmosphere and your own politiccal leanings, then you are welcome to honest debate. If you are going to spout rhetoric about trolling, then you only prove my point.

All comments, though, are welcome.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

its a play on words...........

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Don't feel bad, we all get drawn into the fray and regret it later I think. They're very good at pulling the right emotional strings to provoke a reaction.

I want to think I am my own man, so to speak. I would hate to think that all I believe has been a manipulation.

But, you have given me food for thought.

I don't want to believe that you could be right. But common sense/logic dictates that this must be considered.

Star for you, my friend, just for making me think.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

trust me. i am there with you on that one.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

I want to think I am my own man, so to speak. I would hate to think that all I believe has been a manipulation.

I don't want to believe that you could be right. But common sense/logic dictates that this must be considered.

thats the other thing i do besides joke. i elicit the response and people usually follow hand over fist

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
These threads are discouraging me from posting on ATS anymore.

Can we get more superficial than this?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

An appropriate way to elicit an honest response.

I salute you sir.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

What is more honest but an honest debate on the anger and hatred that is brought on by political discourse?

Learning isn't always a pretty process.

Argue/debate extoll your virtues.

It's ok. I won't get upset.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

it might not even be a true response but it usually is. its an ability that like my other strange people skills just showed themselves over the years

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

But, you have given me food for thought.

Star for you, my friend, just for making me think.

I'm always happy to lend a different perspective. Really, we all want the same things, but there are some rich people that have an enormous stake in keeping us at each others throats. We need to understand the type of people that "hate" one political party or politician. They are usually not full of hate and malice. They perceive a threat to themselves, family or their country. It doesn't even need to be a real threat. But when we get down to the heart of the issue, it's just people that are trying to do the best they can to protect their country and loved ones, and the media uses it as a foothold to turn us against each other.

Here's a little thought experiment... Go back and read through this thread, but everywhere you read "hate" replace it with "am afraid of" and I think we'll be a little closer to the truth.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
To borrow from the Great Bard, 'Tis the evening of MY discontent.

I must bid a fond adieu

'Til the 'morrow finds us again my friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join