It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkarella
reply to post by hadriana

So true! I live in the south and most of the republicans here are right wing fundi's who think they are right and everyone else is going to hell. I see more racisim and the "white males are superior" thing here. I was amazed when I was younger that I was taught by these people that I was inferior even though I was white I was still a woman ie inferior. That is why I have no respect for the republicans here in the south. Also everyone need to move past what started the parties and do something to improve both and support THE PEOPLE. All people!

Interesting, because I too live in the south, GA to be exact, and actually I see the exact opposite. I constantly hear hispanics out in the open (they think I can't understand spanish because I look like a 'gringo' even though I was raised in a south american country) talk about what a bunch of lazy slobs the 'gringos' are, and how better the mexicans are yadda yadda yadda.

At my work, I see the few american blacks tow the "we are stronger than whitey" line and treat me like dirt because of it. Never mind the fact that I do three times the work that they do combined and in fact show proper respect even to the douches.

So if we're going to go by experience alone then, I'm gonna have to say that you are simply full of it. My suggestion on the other hand, is to stop painting white conservatives with such a broad brush because you'll only end up making a mess of yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerKing
Since it's obvious there are a lot of southerners on this site the next time the KKK have one of those cool parades do me a favor and ask which party they belong to.

Excellent question.

I too, would like to know.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Actually, whites may be the same color; but by no means are they all in the same social class. They tend to migrate towards one another I suppose, due to their families, social classes, as do all the other groups/races/classes. Something about familiarity and commonalities.

I guess I just don't get your point?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

The point being whites are very unlikely to be racist against whites.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by antonia]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I have never seen a white pastor hand out an already filled ballot to a white congregation. Nor, and keep in mind I've only voted in one place my whole life, have I seen a Republican handing out already filled out ballots at an actual voting place.

I blessed the guy out the first time, tried to kick him the second. I can't STAND people like that or the people that take the ballots. If you're that much of a sheep... stay home and let the big kids that can THINK go vote.

(sorry... I spend hours deciding on candidates to vote for. I take voting seriously. I am an Independent. It really annoys me when someone allows someone else to take away their right to decide... the very same right that their parents and grandparents fought so hard for.)

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

Simply because you have never seen a pastor endorse a republican and preach in their church that you should vote for them doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I've seen it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The labels of democrat or republican is nothing more than a tool of the elite used to seperate the people more.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Then the people that take the ballots from the white pastor are idiot sheep also.

If someone tried that with me, I'd make him eat it. XD

And I HAVE seen endorsements. I don't mind them so much. It's the handing out of filled out ballots and being told "vote like this" that gets me.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by sisgood]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

True. But they can be biased. And very much so. So when you get right down to it, racist/biased for/against another "group" of people who's right?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutlanderHuman24
The labels of democrat or republican is nothing more than a tool of the elite used to seperate the people more.

Which is why I use the label, "independant."

I actually voted (local election) for a democrat one time. The guy lost and we have. . . . Illinois!
-joy-

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Because the Democrat party thrive on blame, hate and anger. They lure in the weak who want to blame someone besides themselves at the end of the day.

Just look at Obama and how his entire campaign platform was based on "change".

Nice word for blaming the other side, promoting hating the other side and inciting anger for the other side.

Notice how he hasn't done much towards "change". Well he's just waiting for re-election to give you a whole new basket of change. He's still yapping about the same junk Clinton was back in the early 90s

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutlanderHuman24

And we're not saying that in other ways, Republicans are not just as bad as Democrats. I wouldn't commit to either party if they paid me!

I have voted for several democrat judges, a democrat sherrif, a democrat Governor and a democrat senator.

I am independent and have only voted straight ticket once... the last presidential election. I was mad at the Democrats lol

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If you had started a thread titled "Why do humans hate so much?", you might have gotten a better response. As it stands I think you've done little more than bring out yet another tribal debate.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

True. But they can be biased. And very much so. So when you get right down to it, racist/biased for/against another "group" of people who's right?

So....is it wrong that whites are unlikely to be racist against whites?
Sorry, I'm really trying to understand what you are saying here. There is Black on Black crime. White on White crime. Mexican on Mexican Crime.
Black on White crime. White on Black crime. etc.
But you are saying....................? What are you saying?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I really did not understand this fact until I had a visit to the Civil War Museum in Kenosha, WI. It tells the story and I was amazed. You would never know that the democrats were against ending slavery. How many black politicians have apologized for slavery on behalf of the U.S. when they should have been apologizing for the democrats and thanking the republicans? But the truth rarely gets told.... I would have to agree... The dems are full of hate on many levels... They trashed Bush for eight years relentlessly, unchecked by MSM. Now if you disagree with Obama and the gang you are un-American and a racist...... The double standards and irony are hilariously sad.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
So....is it wrong that whites are unlikely to be racist against whites?
Sorry, I'm really trying to understand what you are saying here. There is Black on Black crime. White on White crime. Mexican on Mexican Crime.
Black on White crime. White on Black crime. etc.
But you are saying....................? What are you saying?

I didn't say it was wrong for whites to not be racist against their own kind.

Most crime is driven for economic reasons not racial motivations.

I think you are trying to pigeonhole me into making some kind of racially charged statement against whites. Sorry it isn't happening. I've got a white mother. I would be hating myself. if you cannot understand the fact that two people with common racial ancestry are not likely to be racist against each other I don't know what to say to ya.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Originally posted by NoJoker13
All there is today is Black and white and no shades of grey, I miss the shades of grey.

I am a living/breathing example of a shade of grey.

While I agree with your statement, I just wish it weren't so.

why do you make your ethnic backround sound so unusual, as far as it concerns your political leaning? this is the third time you have mentioned it. i think you have answered your own post question, my friend.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Well said. Thank you for contributing.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If you had started a thread titled "Why do humans hate so much?", you might have gotten a better response. As it stands I think you've done little more than bring out yet another tribal debate.

Thank you, but I feel it still stands.

A story,
My freshman year in college, the Gulf War I had started. My anthro teacher stated that the American taxpayers were spending 1 million dollars a day to have our ships over there. I stated that if they were docked in Virginia, San Diego it would still cost 1 million dollars a day because it cost that much to pay/feed/maintain those ships and personnel.

She called me a narrow-minded son of a bitch.

So much for open minded people, huh?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BeavX

If I could applaud you for that, I would.

What *beeping* hypocrites they are for doing this! THIS is the reason that I won't watch any news channel aside from Fox! I just happened to be on my happy fun news line up channel and MSNBC was selected. They had a freaking professor of civil rights at a freaking college up there saying that yes, that people hated Obama because he was black.

NO, unless they are an old fogy that is one their way out anyway, we don't like Obama because of what he stands for... or for when he refuses to stand. We don't like how so much of his past is "secret" every other Presidential candidate has been hung out to dry by the media. Not this one. I didn't even know about the birth certificate thing until he was already President!

The main reason I hate NObama? The MSM loves him (no I am not including Fox... this time.)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join