It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why do liberals/democrats hate so much? The democrat party has a history steeped in hatred. If you want a conspiracy, then the one played on the American people about the democrat party is a whopper.

As evidenced by this article.

Source
gopcapitalist.tripod.com...

A common attack upon conservatives and republicans by the ultra left is to engage in what has come to be known as "playing the race card" but is more accurately described as racial McCarthyism. Hardly a day goes by without a member of the far left wing falsely accusing conservatives of racism, bigotry, and a wide array of similar nasty things. They are not only dishonest, but they often border on the absurd, as in NAACP leader and hyper bigot Julian Bond's recent implication to his organization that Bush administration officials supported confederate slavery. Amazingly, Bond's statements went without condemnation from the radical Democrat party or others in his organization.

Not surprisingly, in all the lies and accusations of racism by the radical left wing, the truth becomes distorted not only about the Republicans but also the Democrats who make these accusations themselves. For instance, you may or may not have heard Democrat Senator Robert Byrd's outburst of racist bigoted slurs, more specifically the "n-word," on national television in March of 2001. Amazingly, this incident of blatant racism on national television drew barely a peep from the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Julian Bond, Mary Frances Berry, or any of the other ambulance chasers who purport themselves to be the leaders of the civil rights movement. In contrast, the main source of well deserved criticism for Byrd's racist outburst came not from any of the so called leaders of the civil rights movement but from from Republican Majority Leader Dick Armey (source). The race hustlers Jackson, Mfume et al turned a blind eye towards this act of racism by one of their own party, at most issuing an unpublicized slap on the wrist, or, as was more often the case, making not a peep. But where the race hustlers turn a blind eye and spew their lies, it is up to conservatives to set the record straight with the truth.

The next time Democrats take to the national airwaves to dishonestly accuse Republicans of racial hatred, remember who the historical record up until this very day points to as the real bigots: The Democrat Party. In all possible ways, the Democrat Party is built around the pillars of ultra leftists, many of whom are known participants in racism and/or affiliates of racist hate groups. Consider the Democrat Party of today's heroes and leaders:
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Democrat icon and orchestrator of Japanese Internment
- Ex-House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt, former affiliate of a St. Louis area racist group
- Ex-Senate President Pro Tempore Robert Byrd, former Ku Klux Klansman known for making bigoted slurs on national television
- Rev. Jesse Jackson, Democrat keynote speaker and race hustler known for making anti-Semitic slurs
- Rev. Al Sharpten, Democrat activist and perennial candidate and race hustler known inciting anti-Semitic violence in New York City
- Sen. Ernest Hollings, leading Democrat Senator known for use of racial slurs against several minority groups
- Lee P. Brown, former Clinton cabinet official and Democrat mayor of Houston who won reelection using racial intimidation against Hispanic voters
- Andrew Cuomo, former Clinton cabinet official and Democrat candidate for NY Governor who made racist statements about a black opponent.
- Dan Rather, Democrat CBS news anchor and editorialist known for using anti-black racial epithets on a national radio broadcast
- Donna Brazile, former Gore campaign manager known for making anti-white racial attacks. Brazile has also worked for Jackson, Gephardt, and Michael Dukakis
The simple truth is that the Democrat Party's history during this century is one closely aligned to bigotry in a record stemming largely out of the liberal New Deal era up until the modern day. Bigots are at the center of the Democrat party's current leadership and role models. And in a striking display of hypocrisy, many of the same Democrats who dishonestly shout accusations of "bigotry" at conservatives are practicing bigots of the most disgusting and disreputable kind themselves.

As someone of mixed race, I have always known of the hypocrisy of the left, hence my more conservative views. But the “white-wash” (forgive the pun) that the left does on subjects of race, class, or any difference is laughable. They are the true hate organization.

Please forgive me, my more liberal friends. I know that individually, you all don’t subscribe to the ideology of hate, but your party does. I would gladly welcome you to the more conservative branch, welcome you with open arms and not judge you by the colour of your skin, the amount of money you make, or by any sexual preference. You can smoke (outside, please) drink (or not) eat red meat, although we do have a veggie plate also, hunt and fish as you like, and say anything that you want without the pressure of extremists ready to pounce on you for uttering the slightest offensive word.

It’s ok. We’ll forgive you. Be it via Christian, Buddist, Muslim, Jewish, Wiccan, or agnostic faith.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't the southern democratic party responsible for trying to keep slavery in the USA in the 1850's?

This is from a blog though:
Linkity Link: obambi.wordpress.com...

Principled Republicans knowing their history would have authored a resolution reciting the facts that the Republican Party was formed, among other reasons, to oppose slavery and that the Republican Party and its first President Abraham Lincoln responded to Southern, Democrat-led secession with a successful war that preserved the union and freed the slaves.

After Lincoln’s assassination (by a Democrat), the Republican-led Congress (over the objections of the Democratic Party minority) amended the Constitution to confirm the liberation of the slaves (13th Amendment: slavery abolished), and the 14th Amendment (freed slaves are citizens equal to all citizens), and the15th Amendment (right to vote guaranteed to freed slaves).

Southern Democrats spent the next 100 years trying to keep freed slaves down with segregation laws, poll taxes to deny the right to vote, and lynching to enforce the social order. The KKK was formed by a Democrat; no Republican has ever been a member of the KKK. This is the heritage of the Democratic Party.

In fact, the Democratic Party was formed in the first place to defend and expand slavery.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by havok]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A black man co-founded the Republican Party to stop slavery.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

True. The democratic party has a dark history in racism and hatred.

Not too many people know it now though.

Rewriting history helps.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
'Hate' is probably the single most misused, if not completely abused word in the American lexicon today. We apply it as a political battleaxe from both sides of the ugly divide, as if we weren't trying to press that same commodity on our opposites.

True hate is something you and I will probably never know. It is the opposite of true love and if you have ever gone looking for that in life, you know just how rare a thing it truly is.

In politics, we disagree and sometimes, we disagree with a devout passion. But hate? No... not even close.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
A black man co-founded the Republican Party to stop slavery.

Who? That part of history you never hear about.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Speaking from my perspective. Most people I have known to be racist bigots that hated everything not white and made by god (gays included) labeled themselves as republicans. I can't speak for a whole party. Only the dimwitted members I've had the displeasure of meeting.

Thats not to say that those qualites are "partisan", there are bigots equally among them.

And atleast during my lifetime, it seems republicans would be the party of hate.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Perhaps creating enemies would be a more appropriate term then.

Although the vitriol has been extreme.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Speaking from my perspective. Most people I have known to be racist bigots that hated everything not white and made by god (gays included) labeled themselves as republicans. I can't speak for a whole party. Only the dimwitted members I've had the displeasure of meeting.

Thats not to say that those qualites are "partisan", there are bigots equally among them.

And atleast during my lifetime, it seems republicans would be the party of hate.

Wow. Really? Examples, please. Although I suppose you can have extremists in any group.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Democrats hate the 'status quo', the acceptance of things as they are. They dream of a 'better condition.' The fight to change, to improve, to move in a new direction is always feared and questioned and seen as hatred by those who are complacent for what is already established.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It has always been thus.

Someone once said (I really forget who) that American politics were more like a barroom brawl than an exchange between learned statesmen.

Politics is the ugly cesspool from which independence springs. I avoid it every chance I get and try not to vote for anyone who engages in catbox campaigning. But it is hard to find anyone from any party or coma that doesn't practice it.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I guess I can't really make examples. I mean I could say take "Joe Smith" for example, but if you didn't know joe smith, what would that accomplish. I also live in the south, so I guess racism and bigotry are seemingly more common. I didn't meet as many racist, closed minded people when I lived in Cali.

Like I said I was just trying to speak from my perspective, I didn't intend to make a "blanket" statement.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

I guess I can't really make examples. I mean I could say take "Joe Smith" for example, but if you didn't know joe smith, what would that accomplish. I also live in the south, so I guess racism and bigotry are seemingly more common. I didn't meet as many racist, closed minded people when I lived in Cali.

Like I said I was just trying to speak from my perspective, I didn't intend to make a "blanket" statement.

I wonder if these republicans were always republicans? The term "southern democrat" comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
First off its the Democratic party...use your language correctly.

Democrat is singular Democratic is plural as in the Democratic party.
Just as republican is singular hence the small r whereas Republican as in the Republican party is plural hence the capital R.

Besides that bad piece of grammar...

This is nothing but a troll thread...

Hey mods how about applying those warnings equally and fairly?

[edit on 11-10-2009 by grover]

I have never been considered a troll. Hmmff.

So, you don't feel that these are legitamate issues?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The exact sort of things could be said about Republicans...both parties are no better than their members.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin.Neither of them stand for what the liberal or conservative ideology stands for(in their true form).If they did you would actually see conservatives and liberals agreeing with alot more than you would imagine.But no,both ideologies have been perverted into some pseudo conservative or liberal movement that is now so deeply embedded in our culture that everyone thinks it's the norm.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I agree fully...a star for you.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

The exact sort of things could be said about Republicans...both parties are no better than their members.

But the republican party didn't get its start from a "hate" organization. They have rewritten history so effectively, that few know of the democratic party past.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just an FYI on who the "southern democrats" were then, and who they are now:

Wikipedia: Southern Democrats

Southern Democrats are members of the U.S. Democratic Party who reside in the American South. In the early 1800s, they were the definitive pro-slavery wing of the party, opposed to both the anti-slavery Republicans (GOP) and the more liberal Northern Democrats. After losing control of their party and territory in the American Civil War, and during the Republican-led Reconstruction that followed, Southern Democrats regrouped into various vigilante organizations such as the Ku Klux Klan and the White League. Eventually "Redemption" was finalized in the Compromise of 1877 and the Redeemers gained control throughout the South. As the New Deal began to liberalize Democrats as a whole, Southern Democrats largely stayed as conservative as they had always been, with some even breaking off to form farther right-wing splinters like the Dixiecrats. After the Civil Rights Movement successfully challenged the Jim Crow laws and other forms of institutionalized racism, and after the Democrats as a whole came to symbolize the mainstream left of the United States, the form, if not the content, of Southern Democratic politics began to change. At that point, most Southern Democrats defected to the Republican Party, and helped accelerate the latter's transformation into a more conservative organization.

So if the intent of your post was to demonize all democrats, by insinuating they are a "party of hate", then what does it say for your post if those member of the Southern Democratic party have, after the civil rights movement, since became members of the Republican party? Does the Republican party not now represent these "hateful" ideologies?

If you go back far enough in American history you'll see that the Democratic and Republican parties started under different names, with the Democrats being called the Democratic-Republican party.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join