It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The Dollar/Money is our god in this country. He who has the most of it controls our politicians and our system.

Just look at the number of millionaires that hold political positions here in the US.

Its all about corporations lobbying for their interests with the politician as the sponsor in the legislature getting their bills passed.

I feel that if we somehow removed the financial incentives from politics, perhaps then we could begin to turn the system around and once again have a system of government of the people, By the people and For the people.

Instead of what we currently have which is, Of the Money, By the Money and For the Money !

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Perfect example of how some liberals (I won't say all) have no sense of humour.

Thank you for proving my point, my thread.

-cheers-

So you're point was to prove that all liberals have no sense of humor?

That's odd because I thought it was to prove that liberals "hate".

I think the only one hating is you.

What's funny is that you actually believe there IS a difference between liberals and conservatives. I actually find that very hilarious.

You can sit here all day and argue between red and blue. Dem or Rep. Lib or Con. It won't matter because BOTH parties SUCK. And NOTHING will ever change while the two are in power.

Go on. Crack another joke. The bailouts continue. Slander another liberal. Soldiers are still dying. But none of that really matter does it? What's really important to you is that Conservatives have a sense of humor and don't hate ... though, no one would know that reading one of your threads.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Points taken. But why compare booing a president with violence? You feel that disagreeing with a political ideology is the same as name-calling/implied violence?

Read the threads about putting a bullet in Bush's brain. Stabbings. That is the same as disagreeing?

There is definitely a double standard. But we have allowed it for so long that it has become common. Almost a social norm.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I've never stated orally, or in written word any ill-will towards another based on political affiliation.

But it has become acceptable to imply death to a former president and laud the current and vigorously defend any vocal opposition to said, sitting president.

Your anger towards the subject of this thread just further proves my point.

Try arguing something without the anger, without the hate.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well....There are many nuggets of truth, burried amidst a lot of BS, here concerning the Democratic party's racist past.

Yes the southern Democratics were largely racist....

Yes Abe Lincoln was the father of the Republican party...

Yes the Republican party partnered with Abolotionists and shared the cause...

But if you have to go back 100 plus years to make a point...that says a great deal about the current state of the GOP.

The same southern democratic states that were largely racist turned republican. Same intolerance...different party.

I have always thought it a great ironic tragedy that the same party that was responsible for freeing the slaves now seems to so often champion intolerance.

Alas...what has become of the party that Abe Lincoln built?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Without going too off topic, the idea of affirmative action was good in its time but is now seen as a bias towards anothers race.

The reason I can support conservative policies so well is because they ignore race issues and look towards the "content of character" something Dr. MLK once said.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Your whole thread is based on a biased. And you want to tell me to talk without "hate"?

The only thing I'm "hating" on is that people still raise the argument of Democrats vs Republicans. It's completely ignorant of anything that has gone on in Congress (or the White House) over the past 20 years.

NOTHING of any major consequence was decided by one party, Democrat or Republican.

I don't care if you're a Conservative. I don't care if you're a Liberal. If you supported the bailout ... you can pay for my portion (and my kid's portion, and my grandchild's portion) when Income Taxes are due. The same can be said of paying my portion of what's due if you support the Wars in foreign countries.

All you're doing by raising the argument of Red vs. Blue is detracting from anything of REAL importance.

Name one reason why I should care if someone is a Democrat or a Republican.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Actually, you shouldn't. Thus my point.

It is not a bias when I can simply point out the obvious.

If someone wants to be a "liberal" then fine. It matters not one bit to me. When the same liberal incites, uses imflamatory language, resorts to violence simply because of a difference of political ideology, then it does become my business. I will point it out, I will call attention to it, I will call it what it is.

Dressing it up as nothing more than opinions is false. It is free speech to disagree.

It is NOT free speech when you want to take a knife to someone.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good Morning, people...

The personal stuff stops now.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Here is a perfect example of some absurdity:

Yes I am Conservative, and I have a basset hound named Reagan. I was at the dog park a couple months ago, and a seemingly nice hippie dressed couple came up because their dog was playing with mine. The normal small talk ensued about dogs and what not and they asked what my dog's name was. I told them it was Reagan, and they said "Not after the evil President right?" I responded, "Yes after that President and he was nothing close to evil." The guy in the couple immediately gave me the middle finger maybe an inch from my face and they immediately ran and got their dog away from mine. When my dog later went up to them, being the friendly dog she is, he pushed her away with his foot and yelled at me to "get your 'f*ck*ng evil b*tch away from me!"

No way to really respond to that sort of rhetoric. Especially concerning a dog no less!!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Exactly.

Although, in college, my dog was named Rabies. Whole 'nuther set of issues.

I mention Reagan from time to time and get the exact same response. If someone were to mention Clinton, Carter, I may roll my eyes but to elicit that kind of hatred is just unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So then, point it out. Show me where this happened? Because your OP was address to "Liberals" ... not one particular individual.

You may have already address this person to whom this thread is directed. But, I would never know it. Because the only reason why I'm here (to denounce partisan - red vs. blue - politics) is the exact same reason why I would have missed any sort of reference: I'm not going to listen to (or, as in this case, read-through) any sort of Conservative vs. Liberal political rhetoric ... especially 12 pages worth ... when I know it REALLY doesn't matter – at all.

I don't care if you play for the Green Bay Packers or the Pittsburgh Steelers ... you're all playing the same game. Only, in the game of politics ... the American people haven't "won" in 60+ years. Whether you wear Red or Blue, unless you're out there on the political field, you LOSE.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'm trying to follow, really.

To me, being a conservative isn't like a shirt I put on. It's who I am.

With liberals, they put on a show of being for this, being against that, like it is a flavour of the week. Their belief system is not about who they are so much is it a belief system of who they are against. They need to hate. Whether it be smokers, christians, meat-eaters, obese people.

They are not so much idealogues as they are demagogues.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

The reason I can support conservative policies so well is because they ignore race issues and look towards the "content of character" something Dr. MLK once said.

Here is the full qoute...so I guess what you are saying is that the dream of equality has come to pass? Discrimination no longer exists?

We disagree on the whether the dream has been realized, but you agree with the principles of his speech?

look forward confidently to the day when all who work for a living will be one with no thought to their separateness as Negroes, Jews, Italians or any other distinctions. This will be the day when we bring into full realization the American dream -- a dream yet unfulfilled. ....a dream of a land where men will not argue that the color of a man's skin determines the content of his character; a dream of a nation where all our gifts and resources are held not for ourselves alone, but as instruments of service for the rest of humanity; the dream of a country where every man will respect the dignity and worth of the human personality.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I don't know if the dream will ever be fully realized. Hatred in any form will always be with us. What we need to do, though, is go forward with what Dr. MLK stated. To have laws that constantly bring focus to something so trivial as skin colour is repressing any further movement.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Indeed. I know many many logical, fine, tolerant liberals. But I know many more that are not. In essence, I can boil down their philosophies to:

1) Be tolerant of all religions except Christianity
2) Its not right of the US to try to spread democracy since its not right of us to tell others what should be in their constitution....... while also ignoring our own constitution and founding
3) All conflicts can be solved by talking. (while I wish this was true, its naive).
4) Its all about relativism... they believe there is no wrong or evil, its all based on point of view....... unless you are a Republican or Christian.
5) Be tolerant of all lifestyles and cultures.... besides Christian or Israeli cultures.

I could go on and on, but won't. And again, I know not all liberals are like this. But soooooo many are, it what causes the great frustration felt by people like the OP and myself.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ok. I think I'm starting to get it.

I too get annoyed when black people order chicken. Or when Jewish people try to "bargain" with someone. Or, what really gets my goat is when white people "super-size". And don't even ask me what I think about Asian people getting behind the wheel.

I think I'm starting to like this whole "conservative" thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

This president has been called every name in the book. For an example...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(over 800 posts of hate for this president)

let us remind you that while people may have wished to put a bullet into Bush's brain, people did not come armed to one of his speeches.

www.bostonherald.com...

This isn't the first time that people have armed themselves because of this specific president and showed up armed. There are two other incidences of note that people have shown up to town hall meetings armed.

People have the right to bear arms in this country, that I understand and agree with. But to do so at a town hall meeting is bullying and an implied threat.

Nutjobs are nutjobs and people are going to try and do stupid things. Both sides of the political fence on the extreme ends will pull these stunts.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Ok. I think I'm starting to get it.

I too get annoyed when black people order chicken. Or when Jewish people try to "bargain" with someone. Or, what really gets my goat is when white people "super-size". And don't even ask me what I think about Asian people getting behind the wheel.

I think I'm starting to like this whole "conservative" thing.

I am assuming you are being sarcastic. If not, I have no clue how you got that impression from what he just wrote.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join