It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
reply to post by mikerussellus

Indeed. I know many many logical, fine, tolerant liberals. But I know many more that are not. In essence, I can boil down their philosophies to:

1) Be tolerant of all religions except Christianity
2) Its not right of the US to try to spread democracy since its not right of us to tell others what should be in their constitution....... while also ignoring our own constitution and founding
3) All conflicts can be solved by talking. (while I wish this was true, its naive).
4) Its all about relativism... they believe there is no wrong or evil, its all based on point of view....... unless you are a Republican or Christian.
5) Be tolerant of all lifestyles and cultures.... besides Christian or Israeli cultures.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by johnny2127]

i have to say this is true - at church my friends are mostly conservative folks and great people - outside of church most of my friends are liberals, also great people in general [I'm a recent convert to Catholicism] and the above is true though because I'm a long time friend they give me the "special circumstance" treatment

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Ok. I think I'm starting to get it.

I too get annoyed when black people order chicken. Or when Jewish people try to "bargain" with someone. Or, what really gets my goat is when white people "super-size". And don't even ask me what I think about Asian people getting behind the wheel.

I think I'm starting to like this whole "conservative" thing.

huh? It's thinking like this that leads to hateful mindsets. Why the stereo-typing?

You actually believe conservatives think like that?

That's sick.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I can't argue the point that people have said things about Obama. I have even started a thread calling him a coward. But the difference is that I back up my words with facts. Hard data.

And it doesn't change the fact that while passions may rear up, the rhetoric from the left appears to be incendiary.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hateful rhetoric is wrong no matter where it comes from. I think the OP's point was that liberals seem to be more prone to hateful comments and intolerance than conservatives.....

But yes, it is wrong no matter where it comes from

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If you believe the Republican party is any different or any less ridiculous than the Democratic party then you are ignorant. They should just call themselves Republicrats and get it over with. Both partys are part of the problem.

In fact, the title of this thread is ignorant in th first place. Oh how the sheeple love their drama. Enjoy your MTV 'Real World' and the Sarah Palin bumper stickers.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
If you believe the Republican party is any different or any less ridiculous than the Democratic party then you are ignorant. They should just call themselves Republicrats and get it over with. Both partys are part of the problem.

In fact, the title of this thread is ignorant in th first place. Oh how the sheeple love their drama. Enjoy your MTV 'Real World' and the Sarah Palin bumper stickers.

Wow, two ignorants in one post. Your post is yet another example.

Thank you for your contribution.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

When it comes to the national parties as of late, I would agree with this statement. However, the people of this country have many many different opinions of the roll and size of govt, and a multitude of social issues. When it comes to the people of this country, there are huge differences. And they usually identify with a political party. So while the parties themselves may be close to the same, the people are very very different.....

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why do Democrats Hate so much? Because we are tired of being pushed around by a bunch of Pansie Arsed republicans who care about nothing more than money. That's why!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadoMan
Why do Democrats Hate so much? Because we are tired of being pushed around by a bunch of Pansie Arsed republicans who care about nothing more than money. That's why!

So it's an excuse to hate. Money.

Niiiiice

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadoMan

Actually, I would really love it if you articulated how Republicans push you around or hold you down in any way whatsoever.... Please for the sake of open dialog, please describe this to all of us.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

he's one of many "drive-by" posters. Give a short obnoxious statement, then zoom! off to insult some other poster.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I see the fangs and claws are still out today.

There is plenty of hate on both sides to spread around and pointing out examples of past mistakes is only positive if we take the time to learn from them and move on. I see a lot of talk about people like Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reily, Olbermann and so on. You good people do realize that they all have their own agendas and are in no way the spokesperson for their party, right? They were never elected by anyone, ever, so why do we treat them as if they speak for an entire party? Also, I'm pretty sure Bush and probably every single other president has had death threats directed towards them. It's not just Obama. You can't please everyone and it's just a part of the job.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Exemplar

It's not the talking heads that we should be worried about. True.

It's the average joe on the street that would resort to violence if you wore a Reagan t-shirt, or say, I heart capitalism.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Wow, two ignorants in one post. Your post is yet another example.

Thank you for your contribution.

An example of what may I ask? Ignorance does not mean hate or negativity. Maybe you should look the word up. Making blanket statements about how Dems hate more than Repubs hate IS JUST THAT ... IGNORANCE. Promoting drama is not exactly an enlightened agenda. Perhaps you might try offering solutions and options rather than spreading what you are complaining about. However, I doubt that you are interested in that. You wouldn't have time to complain so much if you were doing something positive. Negativity spreads and builds upon itself. Are you a part of the problem or the solution? Or are you on the sidelines?

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Spirit Warrior 11:11]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

If you look back, you may find the definitions of idealogue, and demagogue interesting.

Before any problem can be found, there has to be a point where you first realize that there is a problem.

Denial to the hate filled rhetoric is not a first step.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The solution to hate is knowledge. There should be an understanding that there is hate nearly everywhere. There is no real point to acknowledging the obvious. How would recognizing religious hate, as an example, benefit the message religion gives?

If you were truly being objective you would be citing equal hate among Repubs. Since you are not I would consider that a form of denial on your part. I would strongly disagree with you of you stated the is any less hate there. I would expect an objective outlook if hate were truly the subject of discussion since it can be found everywhere. However, this seems more like Dem bashing. And no, I'm not a Dem if you were wondering. I simply feel this discussion is completely off balance.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Anyone that replies to this thread is putting forth "hate". Well ... that is of course unless you agree with the OP.

Any disagreement will be twisted to be a display of "hate".

Yet, the author of the thread can say anything they please but all instances of hypocrisy on their part should be disregarded.

Discussion in this thread is as futile as the Red vs Blue debate and about as useful as either of the parties.

I bow to your hypocrisy and as well, bow out of the "discussion".

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Amagnon

Uhh, thanks for your opinion. Tell me, who did you vote for in the last election? Why are you so angry? Why do you feel that an honest debate on the polarization of characterization of individuals is such a bad thing?

What topics would you decide for me to post?

I don't vote - I'm not an American - I am angry because the idea of the two party system is to create divisions, and these kind of threads simply play into the hands of the globalist controllers.

The deflect the blame from the globalists onto political parties - and by extension the citizens who are supporters of those parties. In other words - to cause people to fight themselves - all the while getting raped by the true enemy.

Trying to discuss the generalization of either side of any fabricated two party system is pointless. It doesn't matter what they say - they all do what they are told by the unelected rulers and owners of the western world.

Political ideology is ENTIRELY fabricated by the globalists. It is irrelevant which party is in power or who the president is.

Surely the current administration is teaching you that? There is a huge swing in congress, a new president who disavowed all the mistakes of the last and boldly spoke of a course in an opposing direction - but whats happened?

More of the same.

The same hands are up the backs of these puppets. Arguing about either of their views is just pointless - it doesn't matter a damn what they say - or if they speak at all. They are there to put bums on seats to give the appearance of a functioning government - but it doesn't exist.

There are a tiny handful that actually got in despite the globalist agenda - and it doesn't matter what party they belong to - they are the only ones worth backing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I spent quite some time reading this thread and you get my first response
Was that facebook garbage started by a kid? I seem to recall that no actions where being taken because a underage kid posted the poll. The guns at the rally? If I recall the gun toting guys were at a different location.

Someone else posted something about there being no white on white racism. What was all that garbage "No Irish allowed"? Humans only need a reason to dislike each other. Even the reasons can be quite sketchy. Watch the Clint Eastwood movie that just hit video to see the inner ticking of racism. Understanding leads to the removal of the barriers between people.

This was a very educational post. Me I dislike everybody, until they give me a reason not to. People stink in general but like most everything there are exceptions. So I'm guarded around new people and take the time to judge the individual. Groups at large are the sum of their stereotypes, but individuals make the difference. The fact is humans want to fit in to the larger group, even though we also paradoxically want to stand out as individuals.

Yea I dislike Obama not due to race but for what he has done and not done. I didn't vote for him because I knew some of what he would do. Well thanks to him I am unemployed, because I worked for a company sub-contracted for military purposes. Well normally democrats cut military spending and voilla! Cause and effect in action, I did get the last laugh on my former co-workers cuz I told them what would happen. Is that racist? No it's seeing the trends...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

This was partially my point. The Dem vs Repub illusion is only there to remove choice. They want you to believe there is a difference and that you are making a choice. This is a fallacy. Corporate and TPTB make out either way. They fool you into thinking you have made a choice. Either way you have chosen them. The corporate Rebublo-crat path.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Spirit Warrior 11:11]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join