It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ugh. This thread is disgusting and I'm shocked it got 28 flags. Really, people? We are rewarding these kind of hateful biased threads? What is the point of making such polarized statements? I am thoroughly offended. I am a democrat and I don't hate anyone, or anything really. Was I fond of Bush? No. Did I hate him? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

How dare you call us democrats hateful. Many democrats fight for the enviroment. We fight for equal treatment of people. We fight for the freedom of the tibetans. I personally fight for the rights of animals. I am not hateful and I am offended that you'd group me as such simply because of how I vote.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbo the Annihilator
Ugh. This thread is disgusting and I'm shocked it got 28 flags. Really, people? We are rewarding these kind of hateful biased threads? What is the point of making such polarized statements? I am thoroughly offended. I am a democrat and I don't hate anyone, or anything really. Was I fond of Bush? No. Did I hate him? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

How dare you call us democrats hateful. Many democrats fight for the enviroment. We fight for equal treatment of people. We fight for the freedom of the tibetans. I personally fight for the rights of animals. I am not hateful and I am offended that you'd group me as such simply because of how I vote.

Oh Morbo, even your retort is full of hate. The problem is, as a Democrat you can't see how hateful you are because you are full of hate and have no perspective. Nor are you pure and full of love only as Republicans are.
Obviously, I'm being sarcastic.
I'll tell you what bothers me, I've seen some posts on here from people I think are intelligent bringing up "friends" or acquaintances that are Democrats and full of hate. I can bring up one or two people from most groups who are hateful, doesn't make the whole group hateful.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by really]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Demagogy (also demagoguery) (Ancient Greek δημαγωγία, from δῆμος dēmos "people" and ἄγειν agein "to lead") is a strategy for gaining political power by appealing to the prejudices, emotions, fears and expectations of the public — typically via impassioned rhetoric and propaganda, and often using nationalist, populist or religious themes. The term is mostly pejorative.[1] It was used for the first time by Aristophanes in his satire against the demagogue Cleon.

Source
en.wikipedia.org...

By MY definition (at least) is describes the democratic party, liberals in particular.

Hope and change much?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Demagogy (also demagoguery) (Ancient Greek δημαγωγία, from δῆμος dēmos "people" and ἄγειν agein "to lead") is a strategy for gaining political power by appealing to the prejudices, emotions, fears and expectations of the public — typically via impassioned rhetoric and propaganda, and often using nationalist, populist or religious themes. The term is mostly pejorative.[1] It was used for the first time by Aristophanes in his satire against the demagogue Cleon.

Source
en.wikipedia.org...

By MY definition (at least) is describes the democratic party, liberals in particular.

Hope and change much?

Mike, couldn't you say this about members of both parties? This thread seems deliberately one-sided. I will in no way argue that there aren't plenty of hateful Democrats but the same thing can be said about Republicans. as for demagogy, both sides have their demagogs.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by really

There are haters in the republican party. I have never denied that. But the level of animosity from the left is just overwhelming. They have won all levels of power in DC. They should be dancing in the streets. But you still have the same hate-filled rhetoric going on.

I started this thread as a statement to the hate I have personally felt, received (in the guise of death threats) and what I see.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well.... Where to start.... I listen to republican talk radio everyday on my way to work. The reason being is I don't like today's music or most other popular music out there. These guys hate on democrats just as much as democrats hate on republicans.

You can say, "Well I'm a republican but, I don't say bad things about the left." Well you are the exception not the rule. It's like sports. You like a team and you hate their rival. You back your team no matter what and if their rival wins the games it's all the refs fault. And again there are exceptions.

Now a question if you don't mind. Would the country be so much better if there were no parties and people did the right thing instead of what their side thought was right?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by really

There are haters in the republican party. I have never denied that. But the level of animosity from the left is just overwhelming. They have won all levels of power in DC. They should be dancing in the streets. But you still have the same hate-filled rhetoric going on.

I started this thread as a statement to the hate I have personally felt, received (in the guise of death threats) and what I see.

Death threats?!??! That is disturbing. Well, I am sorry to hear that but I've got to say I cannot agree with your position. I think there is plenty of hate and anger from both sides and most of it is not constructive.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm sure there are plenty of hateful racist democrats but certainly no more than there are hateful racist republicans. Although southern democrats had origins in racism and pro-slavery arguments, the vast majority of democrats are no longer racist and there is absolutely no reason to condemn the entire party for mistakes made by a faction of democrats in the past. If the entire party was accountable for every members ideals, then by that argument you might as well condemn America as a hopelessly racist country. Ideals evolve. People change. Most people democrat and republican alike have outgrown racism and sooner or later i hope people outgrow the labels of democrat and republican as well. It is about time we look for a solutions based post-political system instead of this horribly divisive power structure we call freedom.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GrendalPrime

Talk radio is opinion generated. Different opinions are fine. I didn't feel it was hate generated talk when Reagan, Bush were in office. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But the acceptance of lynching/killing Bush that I see even HERE ON ATS isn't disagreement. It has no value, has no room for honest debate.

Disagree. Argue. Fight! But at least have a fracking point!!! Just saying a republican you don't like should be shot, is moronic, at best!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by really

None of the death threats were from ATS. They were generated by conservative articles I write for another magazine.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by GrendalPrime

Talk radio is opinion generated. Different opinions are fine. I didn't feel it was hate generated talk when Reagan, Bush were in office. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But the acceptance of lynching/killing Bush that I see even HERE ON ATS isn't disagreement. It has no value, has no room for honest debate.

Disagree. Argue. Fight! But at least have a fracking point!!! Just saying a republican you don't like should be shot, is moronic, at best!

I think a lot of what you say here is a matter of time or generation. I don't remember the kind of hatred from either side that I see now when I was a child. I totally agree with that.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

I agree. People evolve, parties evolve. But to ignore the past, not acknowlege it is something else.

I just feel that there is so much "hate" on the left of the aisle. And I see more of it on the left than I see on the right.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I agree. People evolve, parties evolve. But to ignore the past, not acknowlege it is something else.

I just feel that there is so much "hate" on the left of the aisle. And I see more of it on the left than I see on the right.

That might be because you agree with the Right more. You find their beliefs righteous.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by really

I do try to be non partisan. I admit that I am human. But I call it as I see it.

Mention Ronald Reagan. Mention Sarah Palin. Mention George Bush.

And watch the fur fly!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
[edit on 12-10-2009 by The Transhumanist]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I absolutely agree that the past should be acknowledged. I always considered myself fairly knowledgeable about American history and have never heard that fact until I read it in this thread. But again, that doesn't justify condemning the left especially considering how many of the southern democrats eventually defected to the republicans. Shouldn't equal light be shed on that fact?

I also agree that you are probably not seeing as much hatred from the right because you see it as justified and therefor you wouldn't call it hatred. From my perspective there is a very balanced amount of hatred deceit and divide and conquer tactics being used by both parties.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I don't hate Sarah Palin but I can't see how anyone takes her seriously. I will say that I do kind of hate that people do take her seriously.

I definitely don't hate Reagan. I think he fit the role of President. I don't agree with many of his policies. He did have some of the best rhetoric in town, though.

I think George W. Bush is probably a swell guy in person (I really mean that - a swell guy). Thought he was a horrible president. I think he's probably more likable than his dad but if I had to choose between the two of them to run anything (a nation, company, sports team) it's gonna be dad all the way.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Just some comments here on ATS

Definitely.
George Bush is a legend. He definitely deserves all the prizes he can get.
By prizes, I mean stab wounds.
And by legend, I mean muppet.

Your sorta right.
But it shouldnt be George who gets the prize, It should be the hangman, who tied the noose around his neck.
Putting George up for trial and execution akin to nuremburg would have been a task worthy of the Nobel peace prize.

I agree!!
George Bush should have won a Nobel Peace Prize every single year that he was in office, and several more for the years following his presidency.
-and by "Nobel Peace Prize, I mean stab wounds.

george bush should be awarded a date with the war crimes tribunal.
then 6 gramms of lead should be delivered at high volocity behind his left ear.
edited to just say im not rigid on the left ear thingy .. either will suffice.

Imagine swapping out Bush with Obama, and see the kaka hit the fan. And this was only on one thread. After going on for 5 minutes of looking.

I really don't think you'll find this kind of talk here on Obama. There is criticism for sure. But death threats? C'mon! And the mods allowed it!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, and remember the KILL Obama guy at the Palin rally that Obama preached about , seems that was no true either based on the fact that the USS heard nothing ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread402642/pg1

Here are some examples of republican hate. It's on both sides, man.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Mention Ronald Reagan. Mention Sarah Palin. Mention George Bush.

And watch the fur fly!

To some extent, you will receive the same reaction when you mention Bill Clinton (or hillary for that matter). With Bill you'll get, "womanizer", "cheater", "liar".

You can "watch the fur fly" both ways, for sure.

[edit on 12/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join