It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice Now!!! I didn't want to sing but I had to!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
sounds like a tumor

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Wow, what a weird experience. At least you got a CAT scan. Though you still might need follow up tests and stuff like CmdrZero mentioned. Better to be safe than sorry.

Meditation might help, as others have also said. It'll help you to relax and gain control of your mind. Which would be helpful just in case you are being mind controlled or something. Mainly it'll help if you're just feeling any stress about it all.

But gee, what a weird experience to have.

Hope you're feeling better and it all works out!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

One thing keeps occuring to me...This seems to have been triggered by vacuuming? and then you turned off the vacuum and heard a similair noise for 10 seconds...then started singing?

I found some info on White Noise which a vacuum produces and seizures.

White noise is noice across the whole spectrum of frequencies...the human mind can not focus on all at once and thus tunes out.

There is something called Audiogenic Seizures....triggered by "white noise" like the vacuum cleaner and linked to a deficiency in Magnesium....Maybe a Magnesium supplement is in order?

j0LMrBbelMJ:www.ionchannels.org/showabstract.php%3Fpmid%3D8013447+white+noise+seizures+rats&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl =us

the white-noise-induced seizures in Mg-deficient rats are linked to increased neuronal excitability via the NMDA receptor.

www3.interscience.wiley.com...

Rats were exposed to 125-dB SPL 10-kHz tone bursts at 14-36 days of age and tested with white noise at 14 or 19 days following sound exposure. All priming/testing combinations yielded AGS susceptibility; animals primed at 18 days showed the highest incidence of clonic seizures when tested 14 days later.

ALSO

Verbal Automatisms..

Here is a woman who had similiar episodes where she couldn't stop singing....It was attributed to "Left Mesial Frontal Lobe Tumor"
jnnp.bmj.com...

www.neurology.org...
Automatisms are commonly seen in epilepsy, either ictally or postictally. However, most automatisms are simple, with hand movements, mouth smacking, nose-rubbing, repetition of a single word, or coughing, grunting, or screeching. Complex automatisms are less common and striking. The authors report two cases of seizure-associated singing where song expression may be recognizable.

Keep in mind that life is odd. If this becomes a trend with you then you need to find out what is going on...but maybe it was a one time fluke of an event?...Don't preoccupy yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I was going upstairs, but slowly, because I was cleaning each step individually with the Hoover. Not a great job to get done at the best of times without bursting out into snog. It was weird, I'm now beginning to see it for something out of the ordinary, whereas yesterday I was a bit 'Hmm, wonder what the heck that was huhuh...', but thankyou for the post. May I ask for some details of what you found? If it's no bother of course.

Ramadwarf on cleaning the stairs, singing, and general oddness

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undermind

Hmm, interesting theory you have there. I need to find an opposite to HoneySuckle and Milton? MoltenSpittle and Notlim? Would that do?
And I like Heart, they did America right? Nice song
Thanks for that advice my friend.

Ramadwarf on America, MoltenSpittle and Notlim and theories

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shamhat

Well, why did you give it too me then? I might have taken it and gone with that you know!
Nevertheless ok, I'll put your idea to the back of my head. Oh hang on, I already went for medical help, so what's the point in keeping the idea at all?

Ramadwarf on odd advice

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathTribble

Thankyou very much for your advice, and I'll get right on with the purchasing of the recommended device so that I can check it out. My face isn't really that red at all, in fact when I posted this it was exceptionally white and stiff. That's my face I mean. You knew that, but yeah I think any one of those four possibilities could be the case (mainly I'm not ruling anything out cause it could be anything) and I especially agree with the fourth point- those little horrors have been trying to get me for ages...
Oh and thankyou for registering to contribute to that thread, it means a lot

Ramadwarf on taking any comments on board and being stiff

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Actually, since yesterday, I had a dream last night but it was more of a recollection. I can remember singing those words myself, only a good few years ago (when I was a mere sprout). I saved that little snippet of info for your reply actually, because it fits in. Of course I couldn't have sang it to that tune, but it's funny: whenever I put a CD on and I play along with the music, I always begin with C's and G's and D's, because those chords, and variations of them, are typical of groups that I would listen to but I always end up playing along with E's and B's and stuff.

Thankyou for your post friend

Ramadwarf on musical troubles, sprouting and recollections

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Me? Over achieve? Hehehe
No it's true and I get what you mean. I'm only studying English, Art and British Folklore but they have taken their toll on me over the last couple of years.

I know that the brain is a complex instrument indeed and should be looked after. I can't get much peace, mainly because I am incapable of shutting my brain off for a little while. It's no fun I tell you!

Thankyou for the post, and I appreciate your concern

Ramdwarf on average achieving, two years and how his heart is warmed

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

Thankyou, I thought of your last message when walking there. I went alone, I didn't tell anyone in case they suspected some form of madness, but I didn't mind that. It probably wasn't the best decision I've made, in fact, now that I write it, I should have told anyone so that they knew what was happening.

The knock wasn't that hard, but I had a pretty red mark for a while...
Still, it cleared up within an hour or so.

Ramadwarf on having a revelation and a reasonably hard knock

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
reply to post by shamhat

Well, why did you give it too me then? I might have taken it and gone with that you know!
Nevertheless ok, I'll put your idea to the back of my head. Oh hang on, I already went for medical help, so what's the point in keeping the idea at all?

Ramadwarf on odd advice

But then, perhaps, I knew you wouldn't listen, and would do whatever you wanted to do anyway. I mean, seriously, who would genuinely seek such advice on a conspiracy site full of kooks anyway? I am free to proffer and hope, sometimes against all hope, that those reading have at least a couple of spare brain cells to rub together to enable them to think for themselves. As you clearly do. I can blow all the hot air I want to.

Free will, it's a wonderful thing ain't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

When I started here I just put 'Ramadwarf' at the end, but after a couple of posts I just adopted that style. uh, what was the serious question you were going to ask?

Ramadwarf on 'Ramadwarf on'

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Actually, since yesterday, I had a dream last night but it was more of a recollection. I can remember singing those words myself, only a good few years ago (when I was a mere sprout). I saved that little snippet of info for your reply actually, because it fits in.

Ah.. well I hope thats all it was just remembering the words from long ago. Ive remembered a few things myself from long ago, which were brought back to the surface by triggers.. triggers being taste, smell, touch etc.

Im glad you checked out ok with the scans though, had us worried for a bit there...

See you around,

JQ.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thanks, I hope so too; but today, at the sixth form, I experienced another laughing fit that caused me a great deal of agony. This is the second time (I think) that that's happened in there- except this time while I was laughing that song came back again (for a short amount of time in comparison with before) which has me worried again. I don't want to stress this too much though; but I'm dying to know what's causing these 'fits'. I was actually alone in the room at the time, with the door locked, but if it had waited a few seconds more I might have gone into it publicly; and that wouldn't have been fun, especially in a building full of rowdy kids...

Still, now that it's happened again I'll be going to the Doctor to see what my options are.

Ramadwarf on the second coming

Apologies for my slowness in replying to your posts by the way, I am getting round to it

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
How are you feeling Ramadwarf?

Chillpill on caring about anonymous ATS friends...

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

I don't feel too bad, just on edge and worried about when/if it happens for a third time and where it may be... Still, for today at least, I've been fine- in terms of singing and laughing I mean
Thankyou very much for caring, it means a lot
I hope you are well too
are you? And I liked the way you ended your message, I'll have to try that
Thankyou

Ramadwarf on feeling uneasy and thanking ChillPill for the care

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
I don't want to stress this too much though; but I'm dying to know what's causing these 'fits'.

If the CAT scan showed nothing organically wrong, then I presume that you think that you have a psychiatric or psychological disorder. Have you examined your thoughts and actions immediately prior to these 'fits'?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

RP- I am well..and grateful for your 'virtual' care!

Keep us updated as to what your experiences - it sounds like you are starting on a journey somewhere...just a feeling I have!

Loving your balanced, kind and slow to anger energy.

Like the fact noone appears to wind you up.

Chillpill on the value of a balanced temperament and admiring it in others

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I admit to breaking out into song from time to time, without really any explanation as to what motivated the sudden outburst of singing. Mostly no other listeners to offend, and a long drive with no radio.

I'm a terrible singer, but I like to sing... there is no god.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shamhat

I've tried. I can't remember them specifically, but I'm pretty sure that I was thinking about entering a poetry competition before the one the other day, but I can't be sure because I was painting and, when I looked at the clock I seemed to have lost ten minutes of my life; leading me to assume that, while painting, I entered one of my trances (they are not medicinal, they are just brought on by relaxation as I'm sure you know). The singing fit, hmm, I think I was thinking about Jeffrey Combs and then, of course, what the noise was. I'm not sure if there's a link between any of them, I suppose Painting is art, as is poetry and Jeffrey Combs is playing Edgar Alan Poe in the theatre at the moment, that's a link I suppose...

Still, if I do have something psychologically wrong with me that's a worry, I mean it's always a shame to hear about the downfall of something brilliant issn't it?
Thanks

Ramadwarf on poetry, theatre, fits and relaxation

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join