It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice Now!!! I didn't want to sing but I had to!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hello fellow users (I'm sorry if my typing iss a bit off in places, I'm still shaking). Usually I do the hoovering on Sundays but I forgot an dhad to do it this morning. As iwas hoovering the stairs I suddenly heard this rumbling noise and it was louder than thee hoover. I switched it off and the noise continued for ten secodns, like some dkind of rumbling or something. Then all of a sudden I started singing and I didn't want to but I couldn't stop. In the ten minutes I was singing I tried drinking water to stop it but all I did was choke; I put my face under water and it carried on; I tried holding my jaws together but I physically couldn't and the words to this 'song' were:

'Honey Suckle and Milton'

Which I sang over and over again. The phone rang and I answered it but all I could do was sing this song, I then grabbed my electric guitar tuner and the notes were A,B,E (I can't sing in tune but this was perfect). I could hardly swallow and it was everything but enjoyable and comfortable. The thing was I was aware that I was singing but I was trying to stop it. I saw my face in the mirror and mouth was racing away but my facial expression was of utter confusion and terror.

What can people suggest for this? I was thinking of maybe going to the doctor or something. Any advice? Advice urgent! Please!

Ramadwarf on noises and forced singing

Mod edit: removed the word URGENT from the title

[edit on 5 Oct 09 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

A mild seizure eh? Hmm, I thought of something like that but I hoped it wouldn't be so. This is not BS! I tell you! I was in pain! Terrified! But I can see the funny side of it and I'm sure I've laughed at a few threads like this in my ATS time. Thankyou for the post though, and your advice on seeing the doctor. I shall do that when I get the chance.

Ramadwarf on seizures and doctors

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Are you stressed at all?, my first thought was that you heard this rumble and subconciously you started singing to yourself for reassurance. Nearly everyone does it whenever there stressed or nervous, sing a tune or whistle. I suspect your brain however went into meltdown and didnt know when to stop this reaction, wouldnt do any harm seeing a Doctor though, and a CAT scan would be recommended by myself as experienced Neuroscientists know what to look for if there was anything wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
Hello fellow users (I'm sorry if my typing iss a bit off in places, I'm still shaking). Usually I do the hoovering on Sundays but I forgot an dhad to do it this morning. As iwas hoovering the stairs I suddenly heard this rumbling noise and it was louder than thee hoover. I switched it off and the noise continued for ten secodns, like some dkind of rumbling or something. Then all of a sudden I started singing and I didn't want to but I couldn't stop. In the ten minutes I was singing I tried drinking water to stop it but all I did was choke; I put my face under water and it carried on; I tried holding my jaws together but I physically couldn't and the words to this 'song' were:

'Honey Suckle and Milton'

Which I sang over and over again. The phone rang and I answered it but all I could do was sing this song, I then grabbed my electric guitar tuner and the notes were A,B,E (I can't sing in tune but this was perfect). I could hardly swallow and it was everything but enjoyable and comfortable. The thing was I was aware that I was singing but I was trying to stop it. I saw my face in the mirror and mouth was racing away but my facial expression was of utter confusion and terror.

What can people suggest for this? I was thinking of maybe going to the doctor or something. Any advice? Advice urgent! Please!

Ramadwarf on noises and forced singing

Well at first glance I completely sympathise here.

I had the exact same problem only it was with this song...

One day I was walking along a field and BANG that was it for 37 years. I even sang it just like this only with a look of absolute terror in my eyes, bit like this....

Anyways now to the cause and solution, this is caused by the wind changing as you walk the opposite way.

Solution, now theres two ways that work....

1) You cant let the wind know your doing this right, walk with your head facing the complete opposite way just as the wind changes direction.

2) Get a rake place it on the floor with the head side at your feet, slam your feet diagonally onto the rake head and you will feel a sharp bang in your head and the song will vanish, your face might be a little awkward looking after this but I assure you that trapped facial nerves eventually go back to normal.

As an alternative to the two options suggested above, you can combine both as long as you make sure you inhale helium before you do this. Otherwise its more dangerous than funny.

XXXN3O on Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, rakes, facial nerve damage, helium and the wind

PS: If this thread is serious, go to the doctor, if your embarrased take a mic and tell the receptionist your practicing for x factor.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
OK, you felt the huge earthquakes in the Pacific.

This is why you sang and felt that.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
ramadwarf, you have an interesting life my friend. could be tourettes i suppose, could be a new method of attack by the squirrels.

was the tune in 4/4 or 3/4?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'm facinated by the fact that you have an electric guitar tuner (and therefore probably a guitar too) and you say you normally can't sing a note. If you were a casual 'strummer' then you would have no need for a guitar tuner because it wouldn't matter too much if it was precisely in tune or not. Unless you're Burt Weedon, guitars and singing normally go together.

Go and see a Doctor, and suggest they consider ADHD as a starting point.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
this will probably sound stupid, and 99.9 percent not true. but it sounds like remote mind crontol. not using his own mind but. somesort of raidio transmitter thats in excat tune with your brain frequencys. overpowering them.

people who are working on mainstream technology like this will tell you that in the future they will be able to do this.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Hi there. How awful!

I wonder if there is a supernatural explanation here - I have experiences where I feel I am being overshadowed or forced from my body...

Could this be a 'possession' experience where someone is trying to deliver a message to you, or through you?

Has anything changed in your life recently...have you moved house...have you been stressed...?

Love to you.

xxx

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Pressure on the brain or a brain bleed can make you see, hear, and do strange things. It can play with your emotions as well. Go to the doctor. Get a brain scan.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ah Ramadwarf, my friend. I was afraid those squirrels were evil......
could be they have possessed you, and are so proud of their new voice they can't let go.

On a serious note, only thing I can think of is get an agent and a studio.

Could lead to a contract.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well this made me think of the Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode "Once More With Feeling" have you been watching this?? In the episode everyone breaks out in song and starts singing and none of them were able to stop it, just like you are unable to.....Ok now that I have that out of the way..

You might want to see a doctor. I really dont know what would make you break out in song.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Oh, I forgot. Could you please leave the lyrics for "Honeysuckle and Milton". I am not familiar with it.

The words might assist in the analysis of things to come.

Oh, is it just the singing, or are you dancing also?
If so, please post a video.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Hmm, I am a bit stressed. Mainly because I've got no time for anything anymore, I was mean't to be going to an open evening at an Art college with my two classmates but I got an e-mail saying I'll have to rebook because there was an error with my booking (basically I'll have to go on my own- isolation or what?) plus I spent 7 hours tidying up Saturday and no one noticed...
A CAT scan eh? Hmm, another thing is I've been getting head ache after head ache recently annd I've been worried about that. Looks like ol' Rama's got a whole heap more to worry about now...

Ramadwarf on stress and being down-trodden by possible health issues

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
URGENT URGENT !!!!! i can't stop physically smiling !!! oh my god !!! what the hell is happening to meeeeeee !!!

Urgent ?? really ?? can't stop singing ??? ..... singing ?? aha, strange. I'm just wondering, ... but you never gave your own theory, what do you think it was ??? be honest.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hmm, sounds like the premise of a new House episode.

Or a previous one in Scrubs

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Am I missing something here?

We have someone looking for help and all we can do is take the proverbial..? Doesn't seem very brotherly or sisterly to me.

Someone has been cool and brave enough to share an experience that has obviously scared them...have I missed something in the poster's history that means they are just worthy of scorn...or are we big enough not to belittle?

Come on guys..are we up for helping..or just up for some easy, sarcastic sport?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

plus I spent 7 hours tidying up Saturday and no one noticed...

You spent 7 hours tidying Saturday, but you usual vacuum on Sunday, but you forgot and did it Monday????

You need to get your story straight my friend.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

First of all: Thankyou for the links; and I now have that song stuck in my head WITH the image of the frog woman.
Ok, so I have to remember to outsmart the wind and I think it might be fun to try out that rake ditty.
Oh and with the helium; I wouldn't want to do it unless people could laugh about it (though I'm sure a lot of people would find it funny without the high pitched screams as the rake hits :lol
. And 37 years? Wow
hehehe
Thanks

Ramadwarf on XXXN30's steps to success

And
to your summarising sentence there

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join