It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice Now!!! I didn't want to sing but I had to!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by butch_uk

You need to get your story straight my friend.
even more so your big windy story. please.

Please, don't do volunteer work for a suicide prevention center!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I seem to be getting some stick now, so I guess I'm not going anywhere? My big windy story? Well?

What am I to explain now? Wow...

Ramadwarf

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Thankyou, so am I; I would complain that I'm still none the wiser but there seems to be nothing medically wrong with me which is of some comfort to me. Thankyou again

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Several things.
1. You were over flown by a version of HARRP and its a experment by the military industrial complex.
2. Your being "Processed" by black ops teams for some kind of programming to get you to go do violence. This is done often.
3. Youve been picked by random to be used a guiene pig by one of the alphebet groups in a syops experiement.
4. Your going crazy.
5. Aliens are geting ready to harvest your organs for there lunch.
6. All of the above, in various degrees.

I'm not making fun of you, these things do happen.
Make sure you have your foil packs.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cranberrydork

I'm not seeing myself in some party at the moment, not when I was laughing to the point of sickness or when I couldn't stop singing. Still, there you go it's all good in't it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 10001011

Well I've just had medical attention and, somehow, I am convinced that it is medicinal; now that I've been told there's nothing wrong (that has been spotted I would like to add.). I honestly don't see anything paranormal now that I 'know' this. Got to be something mental.

Ramadwarf on medical attention and mental-ness

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Thats a great explanation there Hack, .... good job bro. I also heard one about Schizophrenic repitition, .... like Howard Hughes at the end of " The Aviator" two very plausible answers, .... there's also the possible spiritual possession, ... sometimes they can use music to get a feeling across.

These are all good explanations, but its over now, ... dont waste the next year of your life trying to figure out what happened during five minutes of it. Maybe it will never really be explained, .... move on.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The real question is why that tune? I'm sure the brain stores and organizes musical memories utilizing some sort of contextual linking system.

I started hearing Miles Davis, Surry With The Fringe On Top as I read this thread and thats just a jazz improvisation with no lyrics.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Nice. And note that Milton, FL is not too far away from Gulf Breeze, FL, home to the Ed Walters UFO sightings of the early 90's.

It's one of three things (in no particualr order)

1. Hoax
2. Brain tumor
3. Some sort of extra-terrestrial telepathy conveying a message to get you to go to Gulf Breeze.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Was peanut butter involved? Just sayin', it sounds like an episode of Miami Vice.

www.hulu.com...

I like peanut butter and Miami Vice.

Freenrgy2 on Pluckynoonez's avatar! (I wish)

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Honeysuckle and Milton may be a reference to John Milton's 'Comus' (A Masque Presented at Ludlow Castle - 1634). I imagine it could well be part of English Literature or Arts studies in college.

Here's the relevant extract:

I sate me down to watch upon a bank
With Ivy canopied, and interwove
With flaunting Hony-suckle, and began
Wrapt in a pleasing fit of melancholy
To meditate my rural minstrelsie,
Till fancy had her fill, but ere a close
The wonted roar was up amidst the Woods,
And fill'd the Air with barbarous dissonance
At which I ceas't, and listen'd them a while,
Till an unusual stop of sudden silence
Gave respite to the drowsie frighted steeds
That draw the litter of close-curtain'd sleep.
At last a soft and solemn breathing sound
Rose like a steam of rich distill'd Perfumes,
And stole upon the Air, that even Silence
Was took e're she was ware, and wish't she might
Deny her nature, and be never more
Still to be so displac't. I was all eare,
And took in strains that might create a soul
Under the ribs of Death; but O ere long
Too well I did perceive it was the voice
Of my most honour'd Lady, your dear sister.
Amaz'd I stood, harrow'd with grief and fear,
And O poor hapless Nightingale thought I,
How sweet thou sing'st, how neer the deadly snare!

Could be a coincidence - but it is interesting to note that we have references here to Honeysuckle, Milton, an unexplained loud roaring noise and singing. By the way, a 'Minstrelsie' is a collection of folk songs.

Last year's celebrations of John Milton's birth was a college high point, particularly in Cambridge where he taught and in London where he was born. A progressive band named themselves after Comus and regularly perform their moody folk version of an accompaniment to Milton's work on the college circuit and at local festivals. Just the thing for a young, imaginative, guitar playing arts student in London.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Adamus]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i wouldn't be too worried about it unless you happen to turn into this when you sing.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-10-2009 by antonia]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am sorry for your experience. At least you were brave enough to talk about it.

I must say I am ashamed and embarrassed by some of the sarcastic jerks who poured into your thread though.....

Hope you are feeling better.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Do you think maybe it could be "Honeysuckle Lane Milton "you were singing?
I have had such things happen to me ,not repetitive singing but a sentence out of the blue appear in my head and then a few days later it pops up in a relevant coincidental way.Kinda like a snippet of future conversation crossing thru from the future maybe.
I've never understood it, just shrugged and put it down to one of life's/mind's strange phenomena.
Alternatively somebody/entity in trouble broadcasting their location for help mentally and you've picked it up,kinda like the vaccum's frequency acting like a carrier wave , and your brain demodulated the sentence out of the white noise ?
I've tried that in the past, concentrating in meditation on a person deliberately , "call me, call me"and having them phone within the half hour.
Or final thought,... I was doing this yesterday laying flooring,I always find myself "breathing" in a four note rhythm as I do a repetitive task,seems to be just something I do when concentrating.
Maybe you were concentrating , and also in a happy mood ,and then just got stuck in a loop in your head like a stuck record.

Thanks for the fun thread regardless of whether you're serious or not.
Like others , love your sign off's and the additional light heartness supplied by other members .Hope you get well soon at any rate.

asIam on Crossed wires,Telepathy,Rhythm and Joie de Vie

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This reminds me a lot of Dancing Mania though it's probably not related.

There's also another John Milton poem 'L'Allegro' that references Honeysuckle, but the word used for Honeysuckle is Eglantine.

"Through the Sweet-Briar, or the Vine,
Or the twisted Eglantine."

I'm mentioning this mainly for subconscious reasons, perhaps that your subconscious is trying to tell you something. Do either of these poems mean anything to you?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ahh, and so the sage words of the miami sound machine are finally fully understood...

the rhythem is going to get you....

Anyhow, sounds interesting. I guess on here we assume your saying the truth to the best of your recollection. Lots of people said the crazy explanation, some mentioned posession or mind control...so, seems like the possibilities are there...either its natural nuttyness or unnatural spookiness, but if he happens again, then I would take it serious, until it happens more than once, then I would venture to warn people you are prone to moments of boogie fever

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

ODD

www.mapquest.com...

Look whats next to that location?

Songbird lane...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It looks to me like you need and EEG to follow up the CAT scan. The absence of a physical anomaly doesn't mean that the brain is functioning as it should.

IF this is real then you need a complete physical and some more testing. Though I wouldn't dare admit it here, you need to be very frank with your physician on drug use legal and otherwise. A good many of the anti-depressants and anti-psychotics can really mess with the wiring. Not to say that's the cause but rather to be included in the things to look at.

What you're describing is hysteria which is a physical manifestation of a mental process that's usually the result of an emotional overload. Though you're describing is an auditory hallucination as the trigger and that could indicate some stage of schizophrenia.

Someone needs to take a good medical history and follow up with some appropriate testing. The process you're describing shouldn't be taken lightly though I have to admit that it's been awhile since I've laughed this hard. The compassion expressed by fellow posters is unbelievable. It's like having Andrew Dice Clay as your doctor. Good to see that you take them with a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is probably not related but...

3 times in my life I have woke up in hysterical fits of laughter that would NOT let up for tens of minutes. Dead serious. The laughing is what woke me up, not a dream or anything. In fact I had no recollection of what was funny. There was zero reason to laugh. The pillow soon soaked from tears.

I woke up laughing harder than I've ever dreamed I could possibly laugh and harder than I've ever heard of other's laughter, including loony toons cartoon laughter! LOL! It was funny as hell at the time because my laughter was MUCH different in tone / pitch than any other time. It was a vicious circle of laughter that perpetuated by the funny pitch of the laughter. I got extremely weak and it hurt ALOT after a while both in my throat and stomach. Still the pain didn't stop it, it actually perpetuated it as I began to laugh about how laughter can cause pain.

My significant other at the time was there for all the episodes. She went right into it and searched the web for similar accounts. Apparently it's not that uncommon. It was scary as hell to be completely at the mercy of the giggle gods for half hour.

Edit to add that I did have an EEG and a CAT scan. Nothing remarkable. I did however have ENORMOUS stress at that time and no crutch such as cigarettes or alcohol which I quit simultaneously. My Doc, after the tests suggested the lack of those things after so long using them could have contributed to anomalies in blood pressure. He also stated that some people have a tick that spontaneously appears and is gone just as quick to never be detected on an EEG, especially if stress triggered it.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
If someone is scared, why crack jokes? If this really happened in such a terrifying way to this person, what gives you the justification to joke?

I give myself that justification. Just as you give yourself the justification to laugh at what you find funny. I don't answer to you and neither you to me.

And keep in mind, this is not a dig or an attack on the person suffering from the condition. It's a laugh at the condition itself. People often try to find humour in situations that are not funny as a means of coping, self-defence, etc. It's not uncommon.

Besides, I still find it strange that when someone has a "serious" medical issue their first port of call is a conspiracy theory website

[edit on 6-10-2009 by noonebutme]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join