It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice Now!!! I didn't want to sing but I had to!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by House Of Mirrors

I say hoovering...because I am scottish and maybe hail from the 1970's when hoover was the dominant brand...I never say vacuuming...

Does that mean I am mentally ill? Will kids brought up in the 2000's say they were "dysoning"?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
Also, the people making fun of you would watch people thrown to lions were it socially acceptable, and this situation is no different.

Uhm, just a little over dramatic, don't you think? Sure, some people, myself included, made a few comments but they certainly weren't malicious.

reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Anyhow - to the OP - if this is actually happening, if you are singing uncontrollably - don't post this on here looking for help.

While I don't have an issue with anyone posting their medical issues here, I would strongly suggest you go to a gp/doctor *first* and not ask people here for "medical advice".

Your first point of call is you GP or hospital. Go and get an examination, get you head checked out and have the medical staff do their evaluations first.

Then post your results if you want. But above all, if what you say is happening, seek medical help first.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Actually a bash under the nose is one of the most sensitive parts to be hit - it can send your neck vertebrae way out of whack...

It's a key point in martial arts to inflict damage....

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Hmm, a psychic? That would work as a possibility, and it doesn't fill me with joy that someone has that amount of power over me. I hope, that if it is a psychic, that he/she doesn't make me do anything like that where it might be very embarassing to do so.
Thankyou for the idea

Ramadwarf on Psychics and job interviews

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Well that's a worry straight off! A mental health expert doesn't recognise my symptoms, oh jeez...
Well I'll definately take your advice and thankyou for the comment

I do like things to be nice and neat too

Ramadwarf on neatness and worry

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wow, that must have been scary!

Ok, well, I am an amateur homeopath. (Which means, I'm not certified in homeopathy, but I have been studying it since 2007.)

I went to my homeopathic software, and typed in the following symptom:

"Involuntary singing."

I found 9 remedies. Yes, 9! Can you believe it??

Then, I put in "hears noises"

I found 7 remedies that have both symptoms.

I could narrow it down further if you could answer the following:

-Were you going up or down the stairs when this happened?

-Or, you could consult a homeopath in your area... I know there are a lot in London. I'm sure they would be able to help you.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by shamhat

Ah so you don't think that I should go to the Doctor? I did think about what you said earlier when I was posting. I doubt that I would get sectioned by my dooctor; at the very worst she probably wouldn't take me seriously (though as a doctor I'm sure she'd listen and organize something). Thankyou for the advice, it was good to hear from someone that doesn't think I should go to the Doctor (though I will) so thankyou

Ramadwarf on being sectioned and taking on board advice

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There's a remedy for your poison.

You must find the opposite of your song and, like, spread it as a meme through your cranial internet.

I had a similar experience, the song was "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel. I found the antidote song to it, though, it is

oh no

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Upp-town grrl
Shis bin livin in her uptown wirrrlllld
Gerg grg grg grg beda buy her PERRrrrrALS!!!!

Must...fight..

.give...antidote...

The song... born in blood for the singular purpose of pursuing Uptown Girl throughout eternity , wherever Uptown Girl may appear, it's nemesis, it's death knell, it's opponent in the icy wastes of unknowable wastes...

With flaming spear the first chords are struck...

[edit on 5-10-2009 by undermind]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

oh wow that's good! I didn't think to research 'HoneySuckle and Milton' but I wasn't expecting there to be anything anyway!
Thankyou, and I could do with a makeover

Ramadwarf on researching and having a much needed makeover

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by House Of Mirrors

What are you talking about? Hoovering and vacuuming? I've always said hoovering... I don't understand! Think what you will ok? wow...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'm far too odd myself to ever recommend that you accept my advice.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by shamhat]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Not to freak you out, but there are a few physical things that can cause such symptoms.

1) Carbon Monoxide. Get a alarm from Walmart/hardware store and I mean now. If this is the cause, it could end up killing you and your roommates. Sorry for the scare tactic, but CM poisoning is no small thing. Your face isn't a little redder than usual, is it? (see more: Toxicology desk reference)

2) Mercury poisoning can cause similar neurological symptoms, sort of like dystonia.

3) Could be a very strange form of epilepsy (esp. w. a strange noise associated right before).

4) Mind controlling squirrels...

Bottom line, if you aren't just kidding us, you need to see someone quick, as that is an unusual sign and really needs to be addressed.

-Deathtribble; long time ATS lurker who signed up just to address this post.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Im sorry, I know were not meant to laugh but I love the way you finish your posts, so funny..lol.

Anyway, Im going to try the logical approach here. Are you sure the words are not something youve heard recently on TV or on the radio [in the form of a song] or someone else singing the words (could be from a long time ago)

All it takes is a "trigger" to bring these thoughts (or words) back to the surface, maybe that trigger was the other noise that you heard. Just a thought, thats all.

Also adding you to my friends list.. lol.

Have fun,

JQ.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I had a lucid dream once, but only once in my life. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't a dream though, in fact I would go so far as to say I know it wasn't a dream. Still, you never know. Thanks

Ramadwarf on dreams

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

That is exactly the type of mentality I am talking about!

If someone is scared, why crack jokes? If this really happened in such a terrifying way to this person, what gives you the justification to joke?

Train wrecks, murders, and scared people are NOT FUNNY. Imagine how you would feel, if this really were an Xfiles type situation and something horrific happens after you cracked a joke about it. How could you justify your actions then? You couldn't.

Try showing honest compassion and a willingness to listen, regardless of how strange or unusual the situation is. A portion of sound men and women believe that they have been raped and experimented upon by ETs and people will laugh at them. Why? Because it didn't happen to them and they are not suffering by watching their capable mother or sister completely break down due to a seemingly impossible situation.

Take some more drugs they will say, or stop drinking. Why not be humane instead? If you honestly can't see the harm in your joking when someone is posting for help and insight, then you won't understand why what you did is wrong.

Did it happen? It doesn't matter if the person is terrified due to an experience that can be rationally explained. Fear makes a bad situation into a nightmare, and then in trying to get help, childish comments make it even worse.

This is not a video game! People suffer everyday, and until more people can lift this electronic veil, many people will suffer not only due to this society, but then they will feel they can't even get help or sympathy.

You gave an excuse for your behavior and every other unconcerned individual on ATS engaging in this socially destructive behavior, I don't buy it. When all else fades away there will only be people, or their memories. We can do better. Really.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

Oh great! That's just dandy isn't it? I guess I'd better be off then
I shall tell you how it went afterwards (I doubt it'll be over any time soon) and hopefully I come back to tell you all I'm fine... Oh the worrying

And by the way I say Hoovering too so I don't know what he was on about... Thanks

Ramadwarf on going to the doctor and stuff

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

We're with you!

How hard a knock was it?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I hope you have gone to the ER. That would be my suggestion also.

Back in the 60's and 70's college students had a tendency to over achieve and take too many classes, go to parties and keep up a social life.

I saw more than one friend "loose it". It is like a burn out.

The human brain will rebel when it is pushed past a certain limit. This can manifest itself in many different ways.

This happens to people who are stressed in normal life too. Sometimes you don't realize what you really have bothering you but your brain is continually collecting information on many subjects at one time without your knowledge.

I can not ever understand why people don't understand what a complex unit our brains are. If too much goes in and is not compartmentalized quickly it can cause a break down and cease to operate properly for short time and in some cases for a long time.

This is a subject close to my heart as I have had this happen a few times.

I have been taking medication for many years to just be able to turn my brain down a few notches so I can sleep.

I've also learned when to take a break and let my mind rest.

My best wishes to you and I pray for a speedy recovery.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes

Ramadwarf on going to the doctor and stuff

I have a serious question.
Have you always signed/written in this manner?
Re-capping what you just wrote/talked about?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

eric cartman had this same exact problem
check your behind for radio telescopes and if the cows are leaving town

moonpie

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join