It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is Number One Threat to Middle East -- UN ElBaradei

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by pavil

....and do you realise that those sites "outed" by western intelligence turned out to be duds every time?

Please provide proof of your claims.

www.timesonline.co.uk... .ece Link doesn't work, you have to put ece extension on yourself.

www.guardian.co.uk...
Iran has a long history of concealing it's nuclear program till being found out. Iran will not let the IAEA inspect/visit sites it suspects may be part of Iran's undeclared nuclear sites.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by pavil]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Originally posted by pavil

Lazy, you do realize that Iran will not let IAEA inspectors go to any other sites that they suspect Iran might be conducting nuclear activities. Iran will only allow inspections, on Iran's terms, at sites that Iran has declared. Twice now Iran has not disclosed nuclear sites till they were "outed" by western intelligence agencies.

I'm not sure why but this topic has turned into Iran's situation as a threat to the middle east, instead of Israel, which is what the topic is about.

The IAEA is an independent organization. It's word on the situation in the middle east is at odds with the warmongering American and Israeli propaganda machines. Unfortunately, the IAEA can be called redundant, by people on this board who have very little information about the situation. They are caught between the occasional words of truth which come out from independent organizations like the IAEA, and what their media tells them. Bit of free thinking around here would go a long way.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

So I take it you don't dispute my previous post? Please try to.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It's laughable to even bother to try.

We have so little information about this whole thing it's not even funny. You think you know anything? You're not important enough to know anything. Nobody outside of the intelligence agencies of all the countries involved know what's really going on here.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Well that's a great response.

You claim that only the intelligence agencies know enough yet you seemingly dismiss them as warmongering.

Quite a loop you have going there.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

From the Times article you link to....

“The size and configuration of this facility is inconsistent with a peaceful programme,” Mr Brown said. “Iran is breaking rules that all nations must follow — endangering the nonproliferation regime, denying its people access to the opportunity they deserve, and threatening the stability and security of the region and the world.”

Mmmmm.... sounds a bit like Israel and not Iran being described there, doesn't it?

If the US / Israel / UK and France all knew about this place, they'd have been singing it from the rooftops way before now, not playing catch-up after Iran disclosed it to the IAEA. The Iranians are lying, we are told, but after years of lies to kick off conflict by the above named states, why the hell should we believe a word they tell us.

When all they can quote is innuendo, unnamed experts and cannot provide a shred of evidence to support their statements, they look very foolish indeed.

Of course, they rely on all the booga booga and fearmongering to win support for their actions that just wouldn't stand up in any court of law.

Edit to add... if it's under a mountain, how do they "know" what the size and configuration of the facility is?

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Well that's a great response.

You claim that only the intelligence agencies know enough yet you seemingly dismiss them as warmongering.

Being in the know and being warmongers aren't mutually exclusive. Put more simply, the CIA know plenty, but they are still a bunch of lying murdering scumbags.

BTW, you seriously expect me to counter you with a news article? News articles which are produced as a by-product of sabre rattling are worth less than nothing.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by pavil

When all they can quote is innuendo, unnamed experts and cannot provide a shred of evidence to support their statements, they look very foolish indeed.

Edit to add... if it's under a mountain, how do they "know" what the size and configuration of the facility is?

I agree, it would be nice to have had inspectors there.

You don't just gather intelligence from satellite photos, I would reckon there would be some other human intel. Besides the point is moot as Iran is allowing inspections and will provide plans of the new facility. We will see if "they" actually did "know".

I don't trust Iranian nuclear ambitions. Their track record of being forthright is abysmal.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja

BTW, you seriously expect me to counter you with a news article? News articles which are produced as a by-product of sabre rattling are worth less than nothing.

But you are willing to dismiss them without any real counterpoint other than your opinion. Hardly a great way to debate.

Iran has been researching some technologies that can only be used for nuclear warheads. Why would they be doing that?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

reply to post by pavil

If the US / Israel / UK and France all knew about this place, they'd have been singing it from the rooftops way before now, not playing catch-up after Iran disclosed it to the IAEA. The Iranians are lying, we are told, but after years of lies to kick off conflict by the above named states, why the hell should we believe a word they tell us.

Western intelligence kept it quiet in order to cause maximum embarrassment to Iran. Iran only admitted its existence when it had to come clean. The Russians are fuming. Have you not been following the news?

And here is the report that the NY Times refers to, if you want to give it a read and comment.

It contains excerpts an IAEA report which were buried but subsequently leaked.

Have to say that after reading about this I found myself seriously questioning the IAEA's independence. Who knows what deals have been made and between who.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

But you are willing to dismiss them without any real counterpoint other than your opinion. Hardly a great way to debate.

I find myself unsurprised at your American bafflement at someone else not actually being interested in debating. I could dig up an article which says that Iran declared all of their nuclear sites. It would mean absolutely nothing.

Iran has been researching some technologies that can only be used for nuclear warheads. Why would they be doing that?

How is that in any way related to this topic?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja

How is that in any way related to this topic?

Well for starters, Iran claims that all of that to be false, much like you seem to, yet according to leaked parts of a IAEA report, who you seem to believe, Iran has researched all the technology needed to make a nuclear implosion device. You probably will dismiss this IAEA report as well as it was "leaked" by "unnamed sources".

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ohhh Mannnnn

Look at the name who made that assertion; Mohamed , not the first person of that name to make accusation against Israel.

Truth is, when was the last time you seen an israeli strap semtex to themselves in the name of YHVH to blow the crap out of something? A bit like the baptist, when was the last time you saw one of these people do that?

In fact, who invented nukes? It wasnt the US! It was a Jew!!
Whenever the world needs saving G-d sends a Jew! Just like world war2, the bomb sure put a stop to that! And btw, even though a jew created the bomb, it wasnt a jew that dropped it. In fact the first anti nuclrear proliferation movement was Jewish lead by Einstien.

Israel is surrounded by enemies. And with intense provocation not one of them has been nuked!

Tehran has made no secret of the fact that it wants to wipe israel off the map. Israel has a right to protect itself.

Btw, these people also want america and us all to be an islamic state, that is a fact.
Israel is the only state in the world to call a spade a spade and reject it openely, the rest just think afganistan is a republican push for oil.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well for starters, Iran claims that all of that to be false, much like you seem to, yet according to leaked parts of a IAEA report, who you seem to believe, Iran has researched all the technology needed to make a nuclear implosion device. You probably will dismiss this IAEA report as well as it was "leaked" by "unnamed sources".

The problem with the internet is that you end up thinking you know what other people think all of the time. I actually think Iran are trying to make nukes and good on them too.

However, that is nothing to do with this actual thread at all, nor is much of what you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

If you say so.... the topic was pertained to the thread in that Israel is not the one upsetting the status quo in regards to nuclear powers in the Middle East, it is Iran.

That (Iran procurring nuclear weapons) is what is unbalancing the equation in the Middle East. You may claim that it was unbalanced in the first place, with only Israel in possession of them, but it is Iran's attempt to get them that is causing the instability presently. Israel has had nuclear weapons for decades and it wasn't a major contributor to the instability in the region.

Iran is a signator to the NPT, Israel is not. As long as Iran is part of the NPT, it has certain obligations, which Israel doesn't.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Hi Mattpryor,

Possibly You've not seen this official IAEA PRESS RELEASE. It is asking that the Mainstream Media quit lying, and distorting the facts. In other words the NY Times.
Press Statement
Recent Media Report on Iran
www.iaea.org...

With respect to a recent media report, the IAEA reiterates that it has no concrete proof that there is or has been a nuclear weapon programme in Iran.

At the Board of Governors´ meeting on 9 September 2009, Director General Mohamed ElBaradei warned that continuing allegations that the IAEA was withholding information on Iran are politically motivated and totally baseless.

The Agency receives information from a variety of sources that may have relevance to the implementation of safeguards. All such information is critically assessed by a team of experts working collectively in accordance with the Agency´s practices.

The IAEA reiterates that all relevant information and assessments that have gone through the above process have already been provided to the IAEA Board of Governors in reports of the Director General.

Now, Matt I know You've seen this article as it is posted in many threads by Me. I shouldn't even keep having to post it, but the war rhetoric must continue, right? We must please the Elite Ascended Master's

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by loOranks

How about the history that Israel was founded by TERRORISM.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Can We please QUIT the race baiting, and religion baiting? Israel claims it is the shining ray of democracy in the ME. If You'd like, then I'll start posting the articles in my saved files showing that Israel is less than perfect.

So please stop the baiting, and name calling

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001

Yes, the Goyem are good servants

[edit on 5-10-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

That is a reply from Sept. 17th, the IAEA has yet to make any response to the leaked "Possible Military Dimensions of Iran’s Nuclear Program" report.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I put it to you that that statement by Ariel Sharon is entirely fictional, and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Clock's ticking.

Go!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by mattpryor]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join