It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is Number One Threat to Middle East -- UN ElBaradei

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KAKUSA

Your graphics are pretty and all, and I'm sure it's fun to do that, but you're making me scroll wayyy too much to get to some content.

Thanks,

I_R

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
Some guy named Goldstone - says Israel is guilty of committing War Crimes.

Perhaps discussing the issues , and not the messengers ethnicity /faith would be more fruitful .

Some guy named Goldstone from South Africa citing HRW's words in a report but now bogged down with flimsy credibility because of the Nazi fascination in the Marc Galasco fiasco.

HRW is not to be trusted. Go look at their funding, they are directly financed by Saudi petrodollars from a country where discrimination against women and non-Arabs is institutionalized. How did they get that funding? Through denouncing Israel in front of Saudi oil magnates and the royal family.

Amnesty International doesn't know squat since the Jenin Massacre rumour since the media takes everything they say way too seriously. An impotent organization like that shouldn't be allowed to have a say. Nice job they're doing with Myanmar and the struggle there, no headlines from them, strange.

Deny Trend Activism. You all forget about the Tibetans, the Burmese, the Uighurs, the refugees, the Congolese, the sectarian violence, the people of Darfur, rampant rape in South Africa, and the numerous victims of human trafficking every day.

And here you go focusing on the Israeli-Arab tensions as the number one concern. Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Let me see if I have this right.

Some guy named Mohammed - says Israel is the most destabilizing force in the Middle East?

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

No, he actually said

Israel is Number One Threat to Middle East

And guess what;

Former chief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix said that Israel is 'assumed' to have 200 nuclear weapons in 2006.

Source: www.india-defence.com...

oh no another IAEA Director General comments

Sigvard Eklund, "Address to the U.N. Security Council Meeting," June 19, 1981, reprinted in "Peaceful Nuclear Development Must Continue," IAEA Bulletin, December 1981, pp. 4-5. Eklund claimed, "From a point of principle, one can only conclude that it is the agency's safeguards system which has also been attacked";

at the time when Israel attacked Iraq.

Damn!! This can't be true another non Muslim named guy condemning Israel and that also President of United Nations Security Council

The President of the United Nations Security Council, Mr. Porfirio Muñoz Ledo criticized the action and attitude of Israel in no uncertain terms: "The reasons on which the Government of Israel bases its contention are as unacceptable as the act of aggression it committed. It is inadmissible to invoke the right to self-defense when no armed attack has taken place. The concept of preventive war, which for many years served as justification for the abuses of powerful States, since it left it to their discretion to define what constituted a threat to them, was definitively abolished by the Charter of the United Nations.

Source:

www.mediamonitors.net...

PS: Btw your technique is quiet similar to antics used by JIDF to discredit news, Try something new next time.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DnevnoiOriginally posted by UmbraSumus
Some guy named Goldstone - says Israel is guilty of committing War Crimes.

Deny Trend Activism. You all forget about the Tibetans, the Burmese, the Uighurs, the refugees, the Congolese, the sectarian violence, the people of Darfur, rampant rape in South Africa, and the numerous victims of human trafficking every day.

And here you go focusing on the Israeli-Arab tensions as the number one concern. Shame on you.

Shame that we are discussing about one political conflict which would result in WW3? I'm sorry but your short sightedness to review topics which would affect globally not only in one particular area will not help. I appreciate you are concerned about other areas so why not make a thread about it and start a discussion instead of hijacking a thread about a different issue?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Let's see how history judges ElBaradei term as head of the IAEA in about 2 to 3 years.......... So far the IAEA hasn't inspired much hope as they seem to be one or more steps behind Iran's nuclear ambitions. What exactly has the IAEA done that wasn't because of disclosure/pressure by the West in regards to Iran? If it wasn't for the West, Iran would probably already have a bomb on the IAEA ever vigilant watch.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by pavil]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by pavil]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm still not understanding.

Israel has been invaded and attacked by four Arab coalitions, and THEY are the threat?

That just doesn't compute.

And I don't care how many Israel haters you get to arrive at that conclusion.

Jesus Christ!

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Lebanon.

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Syria.

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Jordan

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Iraq.

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Saudi Arabian forces.

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Egypt.

In 1967, Syria lined up multiple divisions and stated their intent to eradicate and fired on Israel.

In 1967, Jordan lined up their military and stated their intent to eradicate Israel.

In 1967 Egypt lined up multiple divisions and stated their intent to eradicate Israel.

In 1973, Egypt attacked Israel and stated their intent was the death of Israel.

In 1973, Syria attacked Israel and stated their intent was the destruction of Israel.

I mean, just how damned stupid does one have to be to see the pattern here?

Anyone?

And because the FAILED each time to soak the ground with Israeli blood as they stated publicly, they're embarrassed and they're pissed.

Nothing like having your ass kicked when you outnumber, outgun, and out rich your puny little opponent.

Not only that, but each time losing land for your effort.

The only way this can possibly get any better, is to have sympathetic voices state such stupidity and make wild claims as these clowns who denounce Israel at every opportunity.

Were I Israeli, I would at least EARN this rap, and smoke some neighbors at the next opportunity.

I mean, it's not like they're going to get any bad press, or anything.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi

Some guy named Goldstone from South Africa citing HRW's words in a report but now bogged down with flimsy credibility because of the Nazi fascination in the Marc Galasco fiasco.

As a military expert , its not surprising that he would study past conflicts , even have an interest greater than most about the subject .... no ?

Garlasco's grandfather was conscripted into the German armed forces during the Second World War, like virtually all young German men at the time, and served as a radar operator on an anti-aircraft battery.

He never joined the Nazi Party, and later became a dedicated pacifist. Meanwhile, Garlasco's great-uncle was an American B-17 crewman, who survived many attacks by German anti-aircraft gunners.

link

Garlasco's own family experience on both sides of the Second World War has led him to collect military items related to both sides, including American 8th Air Force memorabilia and German Air Force medals and other objects (not from the Nazi Party or the SS, as falsely alleged).

Many military historians, and others with an academic interest in the Second World War, including former and active-duty US service members, collect memorabilia from that era

link

After studying at St. John's University in New York and earning a master's degree at George Washington University in 1995, Garlasco took a job with a defense contractor, then was hired at the Defense Intelligence Agency's information warfare department.

He trained to do analysis for bombing missions, including Operation Desert Fox in Iraq in 1998, before planning airstrikes and assessing battle damage for Operation Allied Force, which took him to Kosovo, where he saw the realities of the strikes.

link

He seems well qualified to comment on what transpired during Operation Cast Lead. There was plenty of damage to assess.

=============================================

Human Rights Watch address your concerns....

Visit to Saudi Arabia and False Allegations of Human Rights Watch `Bias`

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason we are not discussing Burma or Tibet etc

Thread title:

Israel is Number One Threat to Middle East -- UN ElBaradei

Edit to : fix link
[edit on 4-10-2009 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
If there were any credibility to this I would expect the Guardian to have jumped right on it. They wouldn't have missed this, it would have been huge news for the Israel hating liberal press.

ElBaradei is getting the boot next month anyway - good riddance.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
A Muslim cant be labeled an anti-semite because *DRUMROLL*...Muslims also count as semites.

In fact jews and Muslims both refer to Sem as their "founding" father

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well the IAEA isn't in the UN/US' pockets after all. Wonders will never cease. First of all they back up the Iranians and confirm that they're allowing inspections and generally playing ball, and now this.

It's good news that at least some groups have the balls to speak out against Israel. I wonder how many Amnesty internationals and IAEA's it will take to get something done about the situation.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Are we to take it that if any Muslim says anything negative about the west or Israel it should be discounted, simply because he is Muslim ?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I'm still not understanding.

Israel has been invaded and attacked by four Arab coalitions, and THEY are the threat?

That just doesn't compute.

And I don't care how many Israel haters you get to arrive at that conclusion.

Jesus Christ!

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Lebanon.

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Syria.

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Jordan

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Iraq.

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Saudi Arabian forces.

Attacked and invaded in 1948-49 by Egypt.

In 1967, Syria lined up multiple divisions and stated their intent to eradicate and fired on Israel.

In 1967, Jordan lined up their military and stated their intent to eradicate Israel.

In 1967 Egypt lined up multiple divisions and stated their intent to eradicate Israel.

In 1973, Egypt attacked Israel and stated their intent was the death of Israel.

In 1973, Syria attacked Israel and stated their intent was the destruction of Israel.

I mean, just how damned stupid does one have to be to see the pattern here?

Anyone?

And because the FAILED each time to soak the ground with Israeli blood as they stated publicly, they're embarrassed and they're pissed.

Nothing like having your ass kicked when you outnumber, outgun, and out rich your puny little opponent.

Not only that, but each time losing land for your effort.

The only way this can possibly get any better, is to have sympathetic voices state such stupidity and make wild claims as these clowns who denounce Israel at every opportunity.

Were I Israeli, I would at least EARN this rap, and smoke some neighbors at the next opportunity.

I mean, it's not like they're going to get any bad press, or anything.

I'm with you here... To claim that Isreal is THE threat in the ME is really completely forgetting about simple history...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes all those attacks starting in 1948. Take a wild guess about why all that kicked off.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Easy: Arab refusal to accept a Jewish state within what they considered to be Arab land.

Look up the 1947 UN Partition Plan, the original two state solution, which the Yishuv agreed to, and UN Resolution 181. Check out who voted against it at the UN. Then check out who invaded Israel the following year.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by loOranks

Simple history.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by Lazyninja

Easy: Arab refusal to accept a Jewish state within what they considered to be Arab land.

Indeed. Who can say they own a piece of land? If your guns and allies are big enough, you can do what you like, correct?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
First of all they back up the Iranians and confirm that they're allowing inspections and generally playing ball, and now this.

Lazy, you do realize that Iran will not let IAEA inspectors go to any other sites that they suspect Iran might be conducting nuclear activities. Iran will only allow inspections, on Iran's terms, at sites that Iran has declared. Twice now Iran has not disclosed nuclear sites till they were "outed" by western intelligence agencies.

That doesn't make you question if they have other sites? Personally, I wouldn't trust someone that lied twice about the same thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

....and do you realise that those sites "outed" by western intelligence turned out to be duds every time?
Iran, as a signatory of the NPT is following the rules. Hell, even the latest disclosure of the new enrichment facility is within the rules. They started construction and informed the IAEA that it will go online in about 18 months. The treaty rules allow for the building of a plant but the IAEA must be notified at least 6 months prior to completion. So, Iran gave the IAEA 3 times the required notice.... of it's "secret" base, that isn't a secret after all because they told the IAEA where it is!
See how ridiculous this is getting?

And how about the US and it's breach of the Symmington amendment in supplying aid to Israel? Under that amendment it became illegal for the US government to supply aid to any state undertaking nuclear work in defiance of, or not signing the NPT. No wonder each successive administration is scared to admit the Israeli nuclear arsenal. If they did they'd be admitting guilt in criminal misappropriation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join