It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is Number One Threat to Middle East -- UN ElBaradei

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Are you really saying that the entire palestinian people are living in the tiny Gaza strip because Israel are too good at kicking Muslim butt? Honestly?

I know people on ATS believe some crazy stuff, but this near takes the biscuit.

BTW I heard the JDL has some positions open for internet disinfo agents. If you're not already on their payroll.

Each time Israel was ATTACKED by coalitions of their Arab neighbors - ATTACKED mind you, the Israeli's defeated these invaders, and WON by conquest, more territory.

The Israelis didn't encroach. The won it.

Just like that nation you currently live in won your borders.

Sorry it doesn't work like that unless you're at war for the specific purpose of grabbing land. If war worked that way, Germany would currently be occupied by American Russian British and French.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

You cannot possibly be that ignorant.

You're just like a lot of others who cannot, and will not pay any attention to facts.

Facts get in your way, and you just blow more crap out your mouth.

You want to talk about Gaza?

Let's!

It was under Egyptian control.

May19, 1967, Cairo Radio

"This is our chance Arabs, to deal Israel a mortal blow of annihilation, to blot out its entire presence in our holy land."

May 22, 1967 - "The Arab people is firmly resolved to wipe Israel off the map."

May 30, 1967 - "With the closing of the Gulf of Akaba, Israel is faced with two alternatives, either of which will destroy it; either it will be strangled to death by the Arab military and economic boycott, or it will perish by the fire of Arab forces encompassing it from the South, from the North, and from the East."

June 1, 1967 - Palestinians said, "We shall destroy Israel and its inhabitants, and as for the survivors - if there are any - the boats are ready to deport them."

May 20, 1967 Syrian Defense Minister Assad, said, " . . . I as a military man, believe the time has come to enter into a battle if annihilation."

May 31, 1967, Iraqi President Aref said, "The existence of Israel is an error which must be rectified. This is an opportunity to wipe out the ignominy which has been with us since 1948. Our goal is clear - to wipe Israel off the map. We shall, Allah willing, meet in Tel Aviv and Haifa."

So Egypt lined up 100,000 men and 1,000 tanks on the southern border, Jordan put 45,000 men in the West Bank, and Syria reinforced the dug in positions at the Golan Heights some 40,000 troops, 260 tanks and self-propelled guns, all in concrete bunkers, behind massive mine fields, and 265 artillery pieces.

Altogether, Israel could only field 45,000 men and 650 tanks which would have to be split among three fronts.

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

But they kicked everyone's ass. Took all of Gaza, the Golan Heights, the West Bank, and even the entire Sinai penninsula.

Thus, Gaza came under Israeli rule. Israel didn't want Gaza, but it came with the territory.

The Israelis tried to return Gaza in the Israeli/Egyptian peace talks occurred in 1979, but Egypt wanted no part of Gaza.

A primary source of suicide bombings, kidnappings with murder, and rocket attacks are now being addressed by blocking off the source of these attacks.

You crap in your nest, you sleep in it.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by dooper]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just reading all this history of Israel I have now realised what a lovely paeceful country it is full of kind thoughtful people who love everyone.

Then I remembered this

Somebodies gonna tell me it didn't really happen, and it's just another anti semetic made up bs picture that tries to distort the truth.

Great, for a while there I thought some people got hurt or something. Amazing what these special effects guys can do these days. Man had me fooled.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
they are just the #1 threat to the nwo order and thier scared before to long they will be all alone and surrounded by all nations then destroyed becuase god will protect Isreal after they recieve some destruction it will probally be a good alien race that will save the planet from them

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

White Phosphorous.

Airburst much too high to be effective.

This is used frequently to draw attention to the airburst, and away from what you're really doing somewhere else.

Which was primarily their actions against the tunnels on the southern border.

Magicians use this principle all the time for misdirection purposes, but of course, they don't use WP.

Now if Israel wanted to used this to be effective, you use much lower air bursts, or even better, you use ground bursts.

Any given day, if Israel wanted, they could kill over 100,000 a day.

But they didn't.

And THAT'S how you know civilians weren't being targeted.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Israel abides by the old roman saying. "he who waits to be slapped can find himself unable to slap back. The plo, hamas, iran, hezbolla, et al, we are told time and time again about how we should seek to believe these people. ok I believe them. their actions and their statements. I believe them when they say they want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Israel belives them!
Anyone out there that lacks the ability to discern the moral difference between Israel and those who seek her extiction needs help

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Though you leave out the most important point, Israel had and always has the greatest advantage in the air, even in the 1948 war there were volunteer pilots from the CF well trained and would not doubt Americans as well. Israel has used their air advantage in every war and that is why they win.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Oh perhaps that's why Israel was pressuring West Bank on delaying Goldstone Report(Study by Independent UN body) alongwith US, because the report "proves" Israel committed War Crimes, Crimes against Humanity and can be tried by International Criminal Court which also prosecuted Nazi's.

It's covered on this thread:

UN delays action on Gaza war report

Here are some key findings by Goldstone Report:

Their key findings are including Both Israel and Palestinian related:

• Israel's incursion was "a deliberately disproportionate attack designed to punish, humiliate and terrorise a civilian population, radically diminish its local economic capacity both to work and to provide for itself and to force upon it an ever-increasing sense of dependency and vulnerability".

• Israeli forces committed "grave breaches of the fourth Geneva convention" which gave rise to "individual criminal responsibility", meaning soldiers could face prosecution.

• Israeli troops used Palestinian civilians as human shields, a war crime.

• Israel's economic blockade of Gaza in the years before the war amounted to "collective punishment intentionally inflicted by the government of Israel on the people of the Gaza Strip".

Israeli actions depriving Gazans of means of subsistence, employment, housing and water, and denying their freedom of movement, "could lead a competent court to find that the crime of persecution, a crime against humanity, had been committed".

Palestinian rocket attacks did not distinguish between civilian and military targets, caused terror among Israeli civilians and "would constitute war crimes and may amount to crimes against humanity".

• Gaza's security forces, controlled by Hamas, carried out extrajudicial executions and the arbitrary arrest, detention and ill-treatment of people, especially political opponents.

• Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier held captive in Gaza for more than three years, is a prisoner of war and should be released on humanitarian grounds.

HUMAN RIGHTS IN PALESTINE AND OTHER
OCCUPIED ARAB TERRITORIES
Report of the United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict

[edit on 6-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

News Flash, Israel has been COUNTER attacking the Hamas terrorists.

The Hamas terrorist launch mortors and rockets into Israel almost everyday-if that is not a declaration of war, I don't know what is.

Unfortunatly, the uneducated always fail to see the difference between responces to terroriwsts attacks and first strikes.

After a while, Israel has enough of these daily attacks and attacks back.

this is when all the terrorist appologists come out of the woodwork to say bad Israel, how dare you defend yourself.

You should sit still so the terroriusts can kill you all, bad Israel.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Yep doing that they also commited War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity and should(will be quiet soon) be tried by International Criminal Court that also tried Nazi's doing the same atrocities. Israel only managed to delay the justice this time not avoid it. Would be ironic to see Israeli Govt. and Israeli soldiers and officers tried by same International Court for the crimes they accused Nazis of doing.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

And what court is going to try the muslim terrorists who only target civilians?

What court is going to try those terrorists for sending mortars and rockets into civilian area's almost daily??

It funny to me people want to point fingers @ counter attacks, yet refuse to point fingers @ the muslim terrorists who started this and continue this.

BTW, as posted, the UN report accused both sides of crimes, this is something that some people seem to forget or ignore.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

And what court is going to try the muslim terrorists who only target civilians?

What court is going to try those terrorists for sending mortars and rockets into civilian area's almost daily??

It funny to me people want to point fingers @ counter attacks, yet refuse to point fingers @ the muslim terrorists who started this and continue this.

BTW, as posted, the UN report accused both sides of crimes, this is something that some people seem to forget or ignore.

Not at all, doesn't it prove that both sides committed war crimes, the same court will take action against Hamas that's why I posted all the key findings including the Palestinian not just Israel unlike you wish.

Israel not only committed War Crimes but also Crimes against Humanity and should be treated similarly as were the Nazis in Crimes against Humanity and War Crimes, Hamas also committed war crimes and should be treated similarly as the Nazis against war crimes.

The report specifically mentions Israeli soldiers can be prescuted.

• Israeli forces committed "grave breaches of the fourth Geneva convention" which gave rise to "individual criminal responsibility", meaning soldiers could face prosecution.

Rest all details are mentioned in the report provided you put aside your bias and read it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

now, to be fair...............

Replace Israeli with hamas and add it to your post and you are working both sides evenly.

However, you are not.

You only point finger @ Israel.

Where is your nazi reference for the hamas?

Where is your muslims' should be tried just like jews???

Where is your the hamas attacks and is responded to by Israel?

Until you equally apply to both sides, you are as one sided as the hamas are.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

now, to be fair...............

Replace Israeli with hamas and add it to your post and you are working both sides evenly.

Not possible as the "factual" report doesn't replace Hamas with Israel.

However, you are not.

You only point finger @ Israel.

What do you expect?? Commit crimes against humanity and war crimes and get away with ? Yep isn't the subject about Israel No.1 Threat to Middle East? I point finger to the accussed by posting the "facts" given by independent report.

Where is your nazi reference for the hamas?

How is that related to this thread? We are discussing about Israel. However, just to show your lack of observation

Israel not only committed War Crimes but also Crimes against Humanity and should be treated similarly as were the Nazis in Crimes against Humanity and War Crimes, Hamas also committed war crimes and should be treated similarly as the Nazis against war crimes.

Where is your muslims' should be tried just like jews???

I never used the word "jew" or "muslim" as I dont want to get dragged in the stupid filmsy race debate. I dont care if they are donald duck or micky mouse both can go f### themselves as much as I care. What I care about is one State committing "Genocide" on another.

Where is your the hamas attacks and is responded to by Israel?

From the report again please read the posts posted earlier instead of asking same thing again and again:

Palestinian rocket attacks did not distinguish between civilian and military targets, caused terror among Israeli civilians and "would constitute war crimes and may amount to crimes against humanity".

• Gaza's security forces, controlled by Hamas, carried out extrajudicial executions and the arbitrary arrest, detention and ill-treatment of people, especially political opponents.

• Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier held captive in Gaza for more than three years, is a prisoner of war and should be released on humanitarian grounds.

Until you equally apply to both sides, you are as one sided as the hamas are.

You mean put Palestinians in the shoes of Israeli and then imagining the scene? Rofl@@

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

mrmonsoon, you nailed it accurately.

Israel has always - ALWAYS - been counterattacking.

The neighbors leave Israel alone, and they have no problems.

They attack, and Israel responds.

As far as the UN report, at no time in history, never, ever, has any nation been restricted to a tit-for-tat response when attacked.

The damned stupidity of such a concept of "like response," or "proportional response," doesn't allow you to teach offending nations or people to leave you alone.

I recall many times being shot at, and usually they missed. I made damn sure that I didn't miss, and I didn't take just one shot. I made sure they were dead.

A few that ran, I ran down. Not exactly sporting, but I just didn't give a **** about the sporting element. They shot, I responded, and I never responded in kind.

It's a very, very good thing I'm not in charge.

If I'm going to be charged with targeting civilians, I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth.

They have a population problem?

Attack me again, and we'll help alleviate your problem.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
War crimes? what a laugh. there is only one crime in war, losing! The US found out what happens when you try and fight a pc war, Vietnam.
Once again the left wing apologist for the terrorist plo, hamas, et al fail to discern the basic difference between Israel and these terrorist states and people. Israel did not start this fighting, they did. Israel does not intentionally target civilian populace the terrorist do. Israel does not use its civilian populaton as a shield and propaganda tool by posistioning rocket launchers or military targets in neiborhoods, the plo, hamas, et al do.
While there are atrocities in any war, it is not the policy or the intent of the US or Israel to actively use such methods, and when such are found to happen both countries have made the effort to punish those that have use such methods.
one of the best examples of the idea that Israel is not like the terrorist it is fighting is the simple fact that they have not turned the entire pal. midden heap into a parking lot.
Israel has the right as does every nation to defend itself and its citizens. Israel did not start these wars. Israel would not continue them if not attacked. The differences are self evident.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

It's a very, very good thing I'm not in charge.

If I'm going to be charged with targeting civilians, I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth.

They have a population problem?

Attack me again, and we'll help alleviate your problem.

You sound like a man trying to justify his past actions with every comment you post.

Do you see their faces when you sleep ?

I hope they haunt you !

Sad old man.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

News Flash, Israel has been COUNTER attacking the Hamas terrorists.

The Hamas terrorist launch mortors and rockets into Israel almost everyday-if that is not a declaration of war, I don't know what is.

Unfortunatly, the uneducated always fail to see the difference between responces to terroriwsts attacks and first strikes.

After a while, Israel has enough of these daily attacks and attacks back.

this is when all the terrorist appologists come out of the woodwork to say bad Israel, how dare you defend yourself.

You should sit still so the terroriusts can kill you all, bad Israel.

My understanding and I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong is that the rocket attacks started after Israel murdered Palestininas with rocket attacks.

There had been a long standing cease fire which Israel broke.

Some say it was done intentionally to antagonise the Palestinians to retalite thereby giving Israel the excuse they wanted to attack.

But you have convinced me now that all the time I have been hoodwinked by those nasty lefties. I didn't even know they existed.

I've decided to send all my money to those poor Israelis who are suffering.

What address I should use.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper you wrote a big ol reply to me. I would bother reading it if you weren't just a bigoted old man who thinks nuking people is the best solution to everything. You're just one of those old [edit] who loves a good war, and sucks up all the bs the media feeds you.

Yeah that [edit] I called you a republican. I really shouldn't insult republicans by assuming all of them are war-lovers because I know they aren't. Anyone who loves conflict is sick in the head, imho.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

No, I don't have any sleeping problems, no hauntings, and no regrets.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Due entirely to genetics I suppose, I'm commonly mistaken for a man in my late forties.

Last Spring, ran the two mile in 10:55, and I guarantee you, I can run your ass down.

I still pop flies off a watermelon rind at 25 feet, I deer hunt with a pistol, and never, ever miss.

Some old man, huh?

I'm not out to justify anything I ever did.

There's always the simple, direct, effective way, and then there are plenty of dumbass, stupid, get-nowhere ways.

You can have all that.

I'm a task-oriented man. Got a problem? Get out of the way, and I'll solve the problem.

And I don't really give a damn if someone gets their feelings hurt.

They'll get over it.

Or not.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join