It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is Number One Threat to Middle East -- UN ElBaradei

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Mohamed ElBaradei said on Sunday that "Israel is number one threat to Middle East with its nuclear arms", the official news agency IRNA reported.

At a joint press conference with Iran's Atomic Energy Organization chief Ali Akbar Salehi in Tehran, ElBaradei brought Israel under spotlight and said that the Tel Aviv regime has refused to allow inspection into its nuclear installations for 30 years, the report said.

"Israel is the number one threat to Middle East given the nuclear arms its possesses." ElBaradei was quoted as saying.

news.xinhuanet.com...

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRebel

That sounds about right to me. Coupled with its Biological and Chemical weapons and the most advanced Army, Air Force in the region and a fanatical Government in charge, i think he got it spot on.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Aye, I agree, as well, but I smell a setup here. The IAEA was an obstacle to increasing the leval of lunacy in the middle east. Now they will be labeled as an anti-semetic group and all credibility lost, just because that is what happens when someone accuses you of anti-semetism on the global political stage. With the IAEA silenced, all that is left is the war mongers.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I can see where Your coming from, and that simply is the spin never ends; that is until the Elites get the desired outcome they wanted..........Kinda like when the People vote a particular topic down multiple times; only to have it continually thrown in their face until approval..........of course with the help of Diebold voting machines

Same with ElBaradei as the head of the IAEA. He was not towing the Elite agenda "line"; so he is being replaced:

Japanese diplomat Amano unanimously confirmed as new IAEA chief
www.finchannel.com...

I think Your right with assuming they'll demonize the IAEA now. The poker hand Israel had, or doesn't have is surfacing, and it doesn't look purdy.

People are smart enough to demand equality be enforced in the ME. Simply, that means inspecting Israel first, before taking on a war at their whims based off of the very agency they don't acknowledge.

S&F to the OP

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRebel

"Israel is the number one threat to the Middle East given the nuclear arms it possesses," ElBaradei was quoted as saying.

link

I`m a little gob-smacked that the `unmentionable` has been openly stated by the out going Head of the IAEA .
And it is precisely because he is stepping down in December that he felt safe enough to utter that sentence no doubt.

ElBaradei welcomed Amano's appointment: "I trust that he will lead the agency with vision, impartiality and courage," he told the General Conference.

link

Courage indeed .

edit to add: links

[edit on 4-10-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
S&F

That's a rightful b*tchslap on the face of Israeli Govt. and it's policy.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Hmmm.. I had missed the announcement of the replacement. In this case, I believe the blame will them be shifted to the outgoing ElBaradei and he will be labeled as a anti-semetic. The IAEA will made a sudden course reversal and "find" evidence backing up claims that Iran is making atomic weapons.

Of course, much of this depends on Amano's history. I tried doing some research, but my connection is acting up again... *sigh*

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hmmm.....Geeeeee.....

A muslim ranting and complaining about Israel.

How surprising, PFFF.

This is right up there with PressTV, Iran's national spin news.

This is nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well that will be the only story we read about this ordeal.

30 years huh? Really? I thought they were in full compliance. How foolish of me. So the US and every other industrialized nation calls foul for Iran, yet Israel has free reign?

Another carte blanche that should not have been given.

Ohh well, the new director will usher in a new era. Oops, I mean keeping the status quo.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Wow, that didn't take long. I hate to say I told ya so, but, well. There ya go. "He's Mulslim and he's saying something against Israel. It's a non issue, blame the guy who is leaving and quietly drop the issue. "

[edit on 10-4-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I think you just hit a jackpot. Found this news source:

Israel privately heaved a sigh of relief Thursday at the election of Japan's Yukiya Amano to replace Mohamed ElBaradei as head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

Israel's favored IAEA candidate elected

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I would have to agree with Rogerstigers. We need to keep this about real issues; not religion, and race baiting.

Two Jews who speak out against Israel Govt. perpetrated atrocities, often:

desertpeace.wordpress.com...

whatreallyhappened.com...

[edit on 4-10-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Heres a bit of info rogerstigers .

Bio of Yukiya Amano Future Head of IAEA

Analysts say he is regarded as a reserved technocrat who will seek to de-politicise the top IAEA post in contrast to his sometimes outspoken predecessor.

Mr Amano has said he will stick to the IAEA's technical mandate of inspections to prevent proliferation of nuclear weapons, while fostering the use of nuclear energy for economic development and medicine.

link

Re:Mohamed ElBaradei

post by mrmonsoon :
A muslim ranting and complaining about Israel.

And it can be reduced to just that can it ?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

You really amuse me.

First you say that we need keep on topic, always a good reminder.

However, then you move into a rant against Israel.

Please, follow your own advise.

Also, one of your sources, whatdoesit mean is the "HOAXING" person Soucha Fool (sp)
standing for such-a-fool for believing this.

Feel free to check ATS search, it is known for nothing but HOAXING.

I will credit you with ignorance about this site as opposed to you trying to HOAX ATS, unless, I am wrong?????

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Please, follow your own advise.

Also, one of your sources, whatdoesit mean is the "HOAXING" person Soucha Fool (sp)
standing for such-a-fool for believing this.

Wow, the adviser needs to take their own advise.

Whatdoesitmean is nothing more than a "blog" that links to articles spread across the internet. There have been articles in the past linking to MSM articles, surely you don't mean that Sorcha Faal works for Fox News?!

Talk about making some opinions up about something without even bothering to look at the source!

I will credit you with ignorance about this site as opposed to you trying to HOAX ATS, unless, I am wrong?????

--

Interesting article, I am sure that it will fall on as many deaf ears as it has already fallen upon in the past when news of this sort come out. A shame really, its one thing to tirelessly want both sides to simply stop, but egging one side on at the expense of another is not exactly what I would call a honorable goal.

Lets hope that at some point they can still find peace.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Your a mod, look it up.

That is a hoaxing site and this has been proven over and over again here.

and the rest, well, your just not worth the effort to prove wrong...again.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Er, okay I'm seeing the confusion, and it started with You mrmonsoon.

whatdoesitmean.com...
Is Sorcha Faal.............Now, they link to countless articles.

In my post which You obviously showed Your biased nature, and ignorance by not reading stated:

whatreallyhappened.com...

I said whatreallyhappened was owned by a Jew. Mike Rivero doesn't hide the fact of his Jewish lineage................ Showing it is not only Muslims, but also Jews speaking out.

My point in mentioning it is automatically You disclaim ElBaradei because of his Muslim heritage, or beliefs.

Quite frankly You have shown Yourself as an Ignorant Racist.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by niteboy82

Your a mod, look it up.

That is a hoaxing site and this has been proven over and over again here.

and the rest, well, your just not worth the effort to prove wrong...again.

No one is arguing that Sorcha Faal hoaxes from her "Western Sources." However it is completely ludicrous to say that a site is a "hoaxing site" when its linking to other articles around the internet from Prison Planet to Fox News to CNN to ChinaViews. Yes, some are blogs of questionable intent, but logic alone would dictate that calling a site a hoax for linking to other more "reputable" sites is simply untrue.

And the rest, I said the article was interesting and I hope people at the least read it with an open mind. It would seem quite difficult to "prove me wrong... again" on an opinion such as that, but whatever.

ps It is no easier for a mod to look something up than it is for any other member. I remember the thread on Sorcha Faal quite well, but with your arguments we would have zero linked sources at all and that wouldn't be very fun to hang out with unsourced articles everywhere. I would request however, if you would like to discuss anything regarding my position as a staff member that you do so via u2u or complaints. That's why I have tags around my posts.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Let me see if I have this right.

Some guy named Mohammed - says Israel is the most destabilizing force in the Middle East?

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Let me see if I have this right.

Some guy named Mohammed - says Israel is the most destabilizing force in the Middle East?

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Some guy named Goldstone - says Israel is guilty of committing War Crimes.

Perhaps discussing the issues , and not the messengers ethnicity /faith would be more fruitful .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join