It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment of silence for all the dead Jihadists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I see ozzy's point clearly

And it is a valid one if you can set all bias aside.

I have fought for my country, and I have a son that has fought in Iraq- but I still see the point of the OP.

Will I stand with him for this moment of silence? No.. but I see where he is coming from and I respect that he has the guts to stand by what he believes.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
"Jihad, I'm getting mad, and there's no fuel left for the pilgrims!" D.A.D.

Love that song! This thread reminded me of it. Haven't heard it since the 80's.

Anyway........

Sympathy for terrorists, is just a symptom of the dreaded "Blame America First" syndrome.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
And who is more coward? The individual who kills by pressing a button far away from the fight> or the individual who is willing to give up his life to protect his people and land?

Oh grow up. Taking your scenario, the coward lives to fight another day whereas the hero does not. This is not a movie. You would sooner push that button than pick up the rifle.

I understand where you are coming from with your idea about a minutes silence but I would have to disagree. These people do not have the same morals as we do (yes I know that is a generalisation but we are talking about "Jihadists" here).
As a previous poster said, if you were in their country they would kidnap you and behead you regardless of your reason for being there.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wow...a jihadist who kills innocent people deserves respect in your eyes for their sacrifice.....but I'd bet my bottom dollar just simply hearing a Christian state the tenants of their faith drives you nuts.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Anyways, doesn't matter what Islam is, It's not a US issue, It concerns those middle east country. Americans have in theory no business there. Let those oppressed women (if they are) suffer alone.

Cuz they don't go in the USA to tell american women how to live (and Europe is the same, the dutch politician is a well known islamophobic, thinking the muslims are THE threat when the most threatening community, because having key places and positively discriminating their fellows, is rather another one...)

I think this is the main point.

(and don't tell me about 9/11, we already know about the inside job, plus neither iraqis nor afghans have any relation to it.)

BTW Muundoggie's post is full of lies, I'm french, living in the kind of place where many arabs and blacks live, and none of these "islamization signs" are true (these school stuffs, forced scarves etc..), pure product of Imagination (and I'm not much of a fan of arabs lol)

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Asagi]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You know you never answered my first question.... Do you like HITLER?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I pay taxes that support my countries military.

The jihadists are the enemy of my countries military and have shown themselves to be the enemies of me and that if I were in their sights, they would shoot me as dead as the could.

They have their silence already.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

So if your army invade Spain or any other country, and the local people resist, they are the bad ones, the enemies?

LOL, give me a break. Before, anybody was able to go in these countries without being shot at, as a tourist, businessman, journalist etc..

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I will hold a minutes silence for anyone who gave their life believing that they were defending something they truely loved.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

*snip*
How the hell can you sit there and call for a moment of silence in honor of the scum and cowards that strap explosives to themselves and walk into crowded markets where they target completely innocent civilians? I don't care what your view on the wars are or if they are just. NOTHING justifies targeting innocent men, women and especially children just to make a political statement or break the will of the enemy.

I seriously hope that you or your loved ones are never the victim of a terrorist act. As ironic and well-deserved as it would be, I wouldn't wish such a thing on anyone. I can only say that I have less faith in society and our prospects everytime I hear the opinions *snip*

Mod Edit: Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com. Please review This Link.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyehouse
I will hold a minutes silence for anyone who gave their life believing that they were defending something they truely loved.

"Don't toss your pearls before swine".

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I agree with the OP 100 percent.

Why? Because no US soldier, or any member of the resistance ever wanted this. No one wanted to die in a foreign land asmuch as no one wanted foreign invaders on their soil. Nor was there EVER any reason to justify any of it.

We are pitted against one another by greedy pieces of lying filth.
They are the criminals.

The death on both sides is a shame. No lives are worth more than the others. They are all lives. Souls. Fathers, Mothers, men, women and children. All with loved ones. All trying to survive. All with dreams and aspirations. Many of them gone forever. Why???

The real enemies are the governments that put mankind in this position and force them to kill or be killed. That is the crime in all of this.

Now we can look at this and learn so that we never allow ourselves to be put in these positions, or we can be fools and allow our "leaders" to continue to mislead us. I choose the former.

I will never do a damned thing for this country, unless the true cause is for our defense, or to bring the criminals responsible for this mass-murder to justice...our "leaders".

I will never go to a foreign land and kill people who have done nothing to me. I will never allow anyone to mislead me, and god help anyone who thinks otherwise.

Here in America we have forgotten the fundamentals and have become driven by blind hatred for things we dont even understand. It's got to stop.
And it's only going to stop when we show some unity. when we refuse to commit these crimes, and when we start showing our neighbors some respect and talking to them instead of shooting at them here and elsewhere in the world.

This isnt a dream...it's easily achieveable without these bastards in our way dehumanizing anyone on any given day to suit their agendas with their propaganda and lies and sending us to kill and die.

Enough! Stop the hatred. Mourn the dead, and lets move on empowered with knowledge and a newfound compassion for all.

We can either do that, or one day we may end up walking in the shoes of the same resistance under a foreign occupation. Dont say it can never happen. Many have thought the same thing. no one ever thought this country would be in the state it's in now. but it is!

Always put the shoe on the other foot.
As a superpower, we have ann obligation to do what is right, and what we are doing now is NOT right.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asagi
reply to post by djusdjus

So if your army invade Spain or any other country, and the local people resist, they are the bad ones, the enemies?

LOL, give me a break. Before, anybody was able to go in these countries without being shot at, as a tourist, businessman, journalist etc..

my country wouldn't invade spain. spain is not a crazy little backwards country that is run with an iron fist by madmen who kill their own people at teh drop fo a hat.

my country entered into a conflict with afghanistan and the taliban though. I support that mission.

I'm not american, and i don't support the incursion into iraq, but that has nothing to do with jihadists.

IN a nutshell, scum, criminals, thieves and murderers will not get a moment of silence from me. Hopefully they can get a nice collection of bullets in their heads though.

You see, they are already dead. No point in crying for them. They made their choice and it was the wrong one.

try to generate sympathy for jihadists is in my opinion ignorant.

generate sympathy for the innocent people who have been killed in this conflict sure, but to sympathize with teh people who cause this problem?

give your head a shake buddy.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ive tried looking at this side of view.Having some sort of compassion for terrorists,Jihad Followers,those who follow with blind faith.I keep thinking of my son,being told in a school,that you should hate a particular person,or their beliefs.About how bad you have it,and this world must be cleaned of non-believers.Then I think of my son,putting explosives around him,and going to the store,and blowing himself up.His pieces scattered in the store,and the other people,who were just going on with their lives.I also think of the man behind a Predator Drone.Eyeballing a vehicle of a terrorist.He launches the missile,and the car is gone.Inside the car,the terrorist,his two young kids,and wife are dead.A second? One second? The world needs a millennium of silence,for everyone who has had to endure with the insanity of murder.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TacoBellMakesGas
reply to post by oozyism

Well if you want to pray for a bunch of guys that fill their rearends full of explosives just to kill some innocent people than go ahead. As far as America goes, at least we are efficient about killing the enemy and dont blow ourselves up in the process.

Ahhh you don't suppose it is because America is an advantageous position? Better technology, better guns, better armor, better intelligence, better economy. The enemy is in a desperate position.

To make a comparison, let's look at the WWI and WWII. The fight was fare between the sides, and there was many sides. Anyways check this out:

Remember the ships in WWII when it entered German territory? Well the individuals in front were sacrificed. It was basically execution, a machine gun in front and a massive field of nothing (open target). Some are sacrificed, get it? That is the same for the Jihadists. You think suicide bombing is bad, when giving up your life to protect is good. You are being unfare between the two forces in battle, in every way.

Except that jihadists sacrifice themselves to blow up people who are "non-combatants".

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Give a moment of silence for the dead jihadist?
Not going to happen... I could understand if they only targeted those who the believe to be invaders but they kill their own people, far more of them than they do us... Sorry I don't buy into your propaganda... not when good innocent people are being killed due to their actions... I will give a moment of silent thanks as the only good jihadist is a dead jihadist!

Semper Fi and pass the ammo

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I oozyism, officially call for a moment of silence for all those who are being killed and were killed as result of two Aggressive wars.

Every year today I will stand from 6:00-6:01 PM (CST), to show my solidarity to our fellow humans who stood up against aggression, against double standard, against imperialism, against dictatorship.... So stand with me, don't give in to the power..

[edit on 1-10-2009 by oozyism]

I can certainly see your point though reluctantly I choose not to agree with it even though I do respect your decision. I say reluctantly because to be precise our men and woman serving in Afghanistan are for want of a better word, occupiers for sure and secondly they are propping up an utterly crooked governmental structure. The whole afghan campaign is a mess and my opinion of the way my government is pursuing the campaign is that they are incompetent and their glaring ineptitude is costing the lives of British soldiers at every turn with a foot dragging lack of initiative in regard to equipment and overall long term military strategy.

You advocate that respect should be shown to them, the Taliban freedom fighter, striving to remove the occupier - our men and woman serving where they are told to serve. Our soldiers are propping up an extremely corrupt government as I have said and if I was in the same position of the Taliban I would certainly have a great deal of respect for those fighting and dying to remove the occupier. However these people do not seem to show much respect to the people they apparently are fighting to save from the occupier, and this is proved every time they detonate a bomb that kills their own innocents.

Supporters might say the insurgents do not hold to the same ideals we do, they respect those who die indirectly or directly in combat, no matter if they are fighters or unlucky bystanders. That is all well and good but when death comes amidst a hail of shrapnel and limbs have been blown off, words of respect, admiration and so on are just words and mean absolutely nothing. Such acts simply add to the overall misery of those who are caught between a rock and a hard place and who then will tend to the crops, feed their families?

I respect Islam a lot; I admire it for its rich history just as I do the Christians culture and their faith but I cannot and do not respect those who are willing to blow their own people apart because they happen to be walking in the wrong place at the wrong time in close proximity to the so called “occupiers”.

Like the Christians of the Teutonic and holy land crusades for instance the Taliban have become corrupted and they have corrupted the true meaning of their religion to suit their agenda which I think has more to do with a struggle for power rather than a hope to free their people.

You are obviously much more enlightened than I if you can accept this and see past this to something more, and I sincerely salute you and have a true respect for you as that incredibly tolerant capacity of thought you are showing is a rare thing in this world but I cannot show solidarity with you on this.

The men and woman I really respect are those who are coming home in body bags or minus pounds of vital flesh.

Star and flag for your brave individuality of thought however.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I am a christian and i know many muslims because i go to and internanional school... They are from iraq, turkey and so forth and so on...
Let me tell you all something, these ppl are the friendliest people i know and some of the most intelligent conversations i have had with them...
When i meet one of my muslim friends i greet them with Ssalam aleikum because i respect them....

just my 2 cents maybe a little off topic

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join