It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment of silence for all the dead Jihadists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I've never felt threatened by "terrorists" or "jihadists" in the United States, PERIOD....and I live near the largest single population of arabs outside of the M.E.
Our troops being in the M.E. has nothing to do with keeping our borders "safe", and everything to do with making money and holding strategic locations.
That's not to say that I blame the troops, because I absolutely do not. I blame the crooks who are running our country into the ground for putting us in this precarious position. You need to look at the facts with a more critical eye, American citizens have been duped into going to war by it's leaders multiple times in the past. It's all about the almighty dollar.

As for the guy who quoted like 20 portions of the Koran.....seriously, give me a break. You can find the same kind of ignorant rhetoric in the Bible and the Torah, and i'm sure that most of us(including you) are quite aware of how religion has been used to hold power and influence over the masses for centuries....not any ONE religion, but nearly ALL religions.

There are no truly civilized nations on this planet, and if THEY are barbarians than so are WE.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Don't even act like the USA Military doesn't target civilian as well.

I don't pray because I'm not brainwashed enough to believe in a mystical man in the sky.

However, I feel sorry for the civilians that america is murdering.

Once we take the country back over I say we leave the military in the desert and stop all support. They were moronic enough to go, they can stay.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As for the guy who quoted like 20 portions of the Koran.....seriously, give me a break. You can find the same kind of ignorant rhetoric in the Bible and the Torah

You mean you DON'T believe in stoning your wife when she acts up?

Oh wait, that part isn't in the bible now, that means its okay.. right?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Don't even act like the USA Military doesn't target civilian as well.

Civilians are not intentional targeted. Time to buy a clue.

However, I feel sorry for the civilians that america is murdering.

They aren't being murdered, they are being accidential killed. If you actually took the time and searched, you'd find that the ROEs for the AOR are pretty restrictive when it comes to air strikes/arty/etc.

Once we take the country back over I say we leave the military in the desert and stop all support. They were moronic enough to go, they can stay.

Once again, if you did any research, you'd know that the military was SENT over to the Middle East. It wasn't something we pulled out of our asses when we had a free weekend and the golf links were full.

Sorry, but you are a no go at this station.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Remember that one time in Iraq they sent females with down syndrome strapped with explosives to a pet market killing many innocent people and animals?

I'm not sure if these savages deserve my respect. I understand the ones who are furious at the fact we Americans dropped bombs onto their homes slaughtering their families. I understand the ones who are angry an Empire such as ours invaded their homeland just because we could.

But really, there's a limit on vengeance.

Oh and when there's now an extermination of homosexuals in the country.

Yeah, let's honor these uncivilized monsters

[edit on 2-10-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I never agreed with either of these wars, but to suggest that the US military should just be abandoned IF/WHEN this country undergoes major changes....that is absolutely asinine. Don't you realize that many of the people fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq were already military BEFORE these conflicts even began? Not to mention the lies that were fed to the American public, i'm sure many of the troops joined up because of those very lies. Many people who weren't aware of how effed up our government is have since figured it out, "awakened", whatever you want to call it. Not to mention that these people have family, friends, and lives back home here in the 'States. What you suggest is extremely callous and hateful. Try looking at things from other people's perspective sometime, it really helps to broaden ones' horizons.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

As for the guy who quoted like 20 portions of the Koran.....seriously, give me a break. You can find the same kind of ignorant rhetoric in the Bible and the Torah

Yes perhaps the 'holy books' of all the abrahamic cults are inherently bigoted and dangerously sociopathic.

You mean you DON'T believe in stoning your wife when she acts up?

If you're a 'true beleiver' then why not mindlessly follow the book's instructions?

Oh wait, that part isn't in the bible now, that means its okay.. right?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Remember that one time in Iraq they sent females with down syndrome strapped with explosives to a pet market killing many innocent people and animals?

I'm not sure if these savages deserve my respect. I understand the ones who are furious at the fact we Americans dropped bombs onto their homes slaughtering their families. I understand the ones who are angry an Empire such as ours invaded their homeland just because we could.

But really, there's a limit on vengeance.

Oh and when there's now an extermination of homosexuals in the country.

Yeah, let's honor these uncivilized monsters

so... the US has never been intolerant of homosexuals? we've never exterminated people for being gay? black? female? mentally retarded?

who are u to call anyone uncivlized monsters?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I would copy and paste ridiculous passages from the Bible just for a comparison, but that would just be an exercise in futility. Go look it up yourself
if you'd like, but it seems to me that you've already made up your mind big guy.
Keep the rhetoric coming though, it's cute.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Thank you my brother for supporting ALL of our fellow human brothers and sisters who are senselessly killed for profit and gain by the elitist satanists. Whether you be in a cool looking costume called a uniform or in robes with sandals we are ALL of us HUMAN before any man made label or concept to divide us. We are filled with the divine spirit of the Creator, each of us is beautiful and unique like no two snowflakes are alike. Regardless of what everyone believes, regardless of creed, sex, faith, whatever illusory concepts you will recite in order to divide and segregate, we are all One.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'll be frank on the OP.

First, I do believe the war in Iraq was illegal. I dont support it at all at any cost.

Secondly, I believe Israel is committing genocide on Palestinians and it should stop at any cost.

Third, I am 75% sure instead of 100% like I was before, that 9/11 was done by terrorists. I cannot deny the recent info brought up and the many questions which reduced my beleif.

Jihad , often mistranslated as "holy war," literally means "struggle." or to struggle to improve one's self and/or society."[

Fourth and most important, I will definately pay my homage to the silent cries of people who never reached our ears. I pay respect and moment of silence to all innocent people young, old, children, man, woman etc. who lost their homes, whoose family got murdered yes I agree these people have the right to fight back by any means possible rock, guns, bomb, protests, suicide etc. These people in my view are opressed from inside and outside. For me these guys are jihadists because they are struggling to opposse terrorists.

Terrorirsts for me are people who pretend to be jihadists but have other goals behind it such as imposing Sharia Law (including other strct religious laws), for goals like money, personal profit, increasing own power or in simple words are doing it as a profession. I detest such people.

Terrorism is the act of scaring people for a social or political reason using violence (or threat of violence). A person who uses terrorism is called a terrorist.

I will not pay any homage to terrorists, I will not pay any respect to people who terrorize their own citizens thru laws like Sharia Law/Strict Christian Law/ Strict Jewish Law etc..forced christian, islamic, jewish, hindu, sikh etc beleifs and other such absurdities. I will not give a damn care if people who dont respect other lives die, cripple etc be it muslim, christian, hindu, sikh, isai etc. for any other goals except oppossing unequality, unfair treatment and right to equal treatment.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It is one thing to criticize/attack the government or leaders that send them to war, but I have to draw the line when you criticize our military. Our military are there because they followed a lawful order as they are obligated to under the US Constitution. They are not moronic, your statement is.

What do you expect them to do? Say hell no and take over the government.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
As someone who went on anti Iraq invasion protests and was against the war on terror in Afghanistan, I am utterly apalled that someone is asking for two minute slince for the jihadist.

These people use women , children and those with learning difficulties to blow their own innocent civillians up, as well as those in other countries. Maybe we should have a minute silence for Stalin or Pol Pot they notoriously turned on their own,

I suggest to all those who think that the situaton in Iraq and now Afghanistan led to this current jihadist movement read a book called 'Jihad' The Road to Political Islam by Giles Kepel.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

It is one thing to criticize/attack the government or leaders that send them to war, but I have to draw the line when you criticize our military. Our military are there because they followed a lawful order as they are obligated to under the US Constitution. They are not moronic, your statement is.

What do you expect them to do? Say hell no and take over the government.

Nazis were just following orders too

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dannyfal

I'm not sure how one replies to a very silly post such as yours but I'll try my best:

You see son, the United States has never set out to exterminate gays, mentally handicapped, blacks, and so on like you've stated....

There have been cases of individuals who have murdered someone for their sexual orientation or their skin color, but there has never been (at least I can't recall any) any case of a mass murder of one group....(slavery does not count as we did not plan to exterminate blacks, we "needed" them to trade, make profit and to do our work...oh and to breed them)

Please excuse my pro American views here, I know they're quite offensive to people like you.

Oh and I have every right to call ANYONE uncivilized monsters if they send mentally handicapped women to blow themselves up. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I'm not sure how one replies to a very silly post such as yours but I'll try my best:

You see son, the United States has never set out to exterminate gays, mentally handicapped, blacks, and so on like you've stated....

There have been cases of individuals who have murdered someone for their sexual orientation or their skin color, but there has never been (at least I can't recall any) any case of a mass murder of one group....(slavery does not count as we did not plan to exterminate blacks, we "needed" them to trade, make profit and to do our work...oh and to breed them)

Please excuse my pro American views here, I know they're quite offensive to people like you.

so your saying that the US hasn't committed equal or worse atrocities than the governments of these other countries? by the way, take ur ego out of the convo it doesn't belong here. no need to think your better than anyone else

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think it would be more appropriate to have a moment of silence for all those who have died in this war that did not chose to fight for one side or the other. Those who were innocents and are only considered "collateral damage".

Soldiers, insurgents, and terrorists already have their deaths honored in one way or another. But no one takes the time to honor those who were caught in the crossfire. Those who were sacrificed against their will.

Our American soldiers chose to fight. Insurgents chose to fight. Terrorists chose to fight. Not that this means that their deaths aren't meaningful (to their respective parties), but I think those who should be mourned the most are the ones who didn't want any part of it but died none the less, including those who died in the towers. Not to mention the little children.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Nazis were just following orders too

your killing me.

Guess now your comparing our troops to the Nazi's. Always got to play the Nazi card.

WOW, must be something in the air today.

Problem with you is that you don't see that the US has tried to limit civilian casualties at every corner. The US is not looking to create atrocities. They are just trying to get the guys who are intent on creating problems for the US.

If the US really wanted to created atrocities, they would remove our troops and mow down everything and anything that moves. Now that would be an atrocity. Then I would accept your opinion that our troops followed a lawful order just like the Nazi's.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You seem to me like youre the one with the ego, and misguided at that.

You need to learn to read and do a little history retracing.

No America has never exterminated any race of people. Slavery was bad very bad, but every culture in the world goes through that phase at one point or another. We werent the first ones to do it.

To compare the United States to the nazis, or a place where Sharia law has been in effect is ridiculous, ignorant, uninformed at best.

Read a book

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannyfal

so your saying that the US hasn't committed equal or worse atrocities than the governments of these other countries? by the way, take ur ego out of the convo it doesn't belong here. no need to think your better than anyone else

Actually, I don't think your immaturity belongs here. No need for personal attacks, sweetheart.

I've never stated the US is better than anyone else. I'm making the point these men who are responsible for beheading innocent people, blowing up females with down syndrome, blowing up themselves taking children with them, don't really deserve any respect. Especially when it comes down to them committing these horrible crimes for what? Virgins in the afterlife? These people = civilized? More like completely insane.

And yes, American troops have committed some horrible crimes throughout the world. Especially in Iraq. It's disgusting that "patriots" think everything we do is justified. However, we're a bit more civilized than the extremist groups in Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries.

President of Iran said what? No gays in Iran? They don't exist? BUT if they do, they will be sent to the gallows. Saudi Arabia? Don't even get me started.

The United States? Females can walk around by themselves? Really? Nice. Oh, what's this? You can be gay and not be hanged? Really??! Nice. I can actually see a woman sitting in a Starbucks by herself enjoying her latte while I make my way to the gay bar to find some action.

I'll take America over the Middle East anyday, thanks.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join