It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A moment of silence for all the dead Jihadists

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hello all,
I just registered for this site after being a lurker for a few months. I come here mostly for the thought provoking arguments, and the occasional laughs. No, I am not a lefty or a righty. I consider myself grounded in the truth as seen through "MY" eyes, not the media or college savvy friends. I respect the arguments of everyone as long as they, too, are grounded and have some semblance of self procured knowledge to back their statements up. And then I stumble across this post...
I must say, I haven't heard such filth come from anyone in a long time. (ref. the OP) To the OP: Keep your opinions. Tell the world if you must. Don't let anyone change your point of view if that is truly what you believe. However I, sighting the same free speech, will not honor these cowards no matter what you may say to "educate me". Like other posters on this thread, I have been "over there" and have seen with MY OWN EYES what they are capable of in their "freedom fight". The facade that they call a holy war. There have been too many good posts on this thread that do not need to be rehashed to state the obvious:
1. you clearly have an agenda. 2. you need to educate yourself with something other than the MSM. 3. Those that do (i.e. being there) should not be belittled due to your labeling them as a part of the "system". And 4. The Fed may not always be righteous, but that doesn't always mean they are malevolent and need you to seek the demons driving them. And finally, just because someone is in the military, it does not mean they don't think for themselves. You would be wise to listen the hell up when someone who has seen these things with there own eyes speaks. You may not agree, but chances are you will learn something. Hell, I learn something everyday from my 18 and 19 year old troops who the elites would have you think uneducated and the military was their only option. For the record, per ca pita, the military has some of the highest education in the nation. Yes, regionally accredited schools. My wife, as an example, just a lowly NCO is working on her third masters. So don't give me that mindless automaton crap. Oh, and Peace and Love is for idealists. Survival is for the strong!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You are boring because I have already answered all the arguments you have put forward, it is in this thread, let me do the hard work will ya

"I've said SEVERAL times now that the Taliban HARBORED the enemy, ALLIED themselves with the enemy, and there fore BECAME the enemy."

On 21 September 2001, the Taliban responded to the ultimatum, promising that if the United States could bring evidence that bin Laden was guilty, they would hand him over, stating there was no evidence in their possession linking him to the 11 September attacks.

Source

"Killing off your own people is not a great way to build a base of support among them, nor does it thin the numbers of your alleged opposition all that much."
Who was to gain the most from the civil war? I suspect it was orchestrated. Ofcurse those who took part in it were as wrong as the American soldiers who took part in the Iraq war, both parties used emotions rather than common sense.

Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad today blamed the United States and Israel for the devastating bomb attack on a Shi'ite shrine yesterday in Samarra, Iraq.

www.rferl.org...

"I notice you conveniently failed to justify their murder of the innocents, which was the main thrust of my point."
No the main thrust of your point was the civil war which was sparked aftere the Shrine blast. No one is defending the individuals who took part in the civil war.

"This whole thing started when the US was unjustifyably attacked."
What did Afghanistan have to do with the attacks? None of the perpetrators was from Afghanistan.

"Big pile of money? You don't need to give an individual with poor income a million dollar to kill Many young students looking for money to go to college etc etc."

Learn about US Army benefits, such as the money for college program, pay and promotions, travel opportunities, low costs, leave,...

GOOGLE search engine.

The information is there, you just have to dig for it. They even made a website named dig, zzzz I wish I came up with that idea, probably would have made a pile of money without having to kill someone for it.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Well, I was with your mom last night.....

Broght you down to my level, guess it works

Back on topic!

As I said, crack the books. Your lame-ass "The US was responsible for the Cold War" statement goes to show you really haven't done much research into this subject.

Once again you are making too many assumptions, when did I say that?

Oh, and the "If Russia did it, I guess it's OK if you did" statement is straight off the playground with a bunch of 8 year olds. Try again.

Still justifying the destruction of thousands of lives, and that is all you can come up with to defend it? I can defend Hitler better than that

When did you say that? How about here, or are you forgetting your posts?

"Originally posted by oozyism
The Jihadists hold these and other atrocities in mind when fighting, unlike the American soldiers who hold $ in mind."

I said:

The Jihadists hold these and other atrocities in mind when fighting, unlike the American soldiers who hold $ in mind.

You said:
"Yeah, I joined the AF to become rich. Another fail on your part once again. No one joins the US Military to get rich, that's for freakin' sure."

Now let us use our brain, where did I say people join the US Military to get rich. Keep trying, still boring me cause I have already discussed all these issues.

Hey, look everyone!!! Oozyism learned himself a new word!!!

Boring. You fail at life. Choke yourself and start over.

Good one
No come back, keep it up, you are giving me more than I can handle

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

By the way, on the whole "getting paid" issue; don't Jihadists and Suicide Bombers families often times get paid for their children's devotion? Also, aren't many Jihadists promised 70 virgins in the afterlife? Sounds like a pay-day to me. Doesn't matter if you believe in virgins in the afterlife as a reward, many of them do.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

You are boring because I have already answered all the arguments you have put forward, it is in this thread, let me do the hard work will ya

If I bore you, you probably should stop encouraging me, and provide something to back your opinions up. At the very least, you could attempt to counter mine.

"I've said SEVERAL times now that the Taliban HARBORED the enemy, ALLIED themselves with the enemy, and there fore BECAME the enemy."

On 21 September 2001, the Taliban responded to the ultimatum, promising that if the United States could bring evidence that bin Laden was guilty, they would hand him over, stating there was no evidence in their possession linking him to the 11 September attacks.

Source

So we are agreed then. The Taliban refused to give Bin Laden up, and so brought hell upon their own heads.

It's a start.

"Killing off your own people is not a great way to build a base of support among them, nor does it thin the numbers of your alleged opposition all that much."
Who was to gain the most from the civil war? I suspect it was orchestrated. Ofcurse those who took part in it were as wrong as the American soldiers who took part in the Iraq war, both parties used emotions rather than common sense.

Just a shot in the dark here, but those who stand to gain the most... the attackers? Isn't that why attacker attack in the first place?

Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad today blamed the United States and Israel for the devastating bomb attack on a Shi'ite shrine yesterday in Samarra, Iraq.

www.rferl.org...

Isn't Amedinejad a Shia? Am I supposed to be surprised that he made this claim, "demonizing his enemies"? What was that YOU said above concerning unjust accusations to demonize one's enemies? I forget what it was just now... maybe you can do the hard work, and find it for me.

"I notice you conveniently failed to justify their murder of the innocents, which was the main thrust of my point."
No the main thrust of your point was the civil war which was sparked aftere the Shrine blast. No one is defending the individuals who took part in the civil war.

Thanks for reminding me. I often get confused about the points I'm trying to make... and you STILL haven't justified the murder of innocents that these cretins willfully perpetrate.

"This whole thing started when the US was unjustifyably attacked."
What did Afghanistan have to do with the attacks? None of the perpetrators was from Afghanistan.

See, here's where your argument starts getting circular again, and you fall back to an untenable position, trying to defend against points that no one has tried to make. To avoid repeating myself for the umpteenth time, refer to your own statement above, about the guilt the Taliban bears in the matter.

"Big pile of money? You don't need to give an individual with poor income a million dollar to kill Many young students looking for money to go to college etc etc."

Learn about US Army benefits, such as the money for college program, pay and promotions, travel opportunities, low costs, leave,...

GOOGLE search engine.

The information is there, you just have to dig for it. They even made a website named dig, zzzz I wish I came up with that idea, probably would have made a pile of money without having to kill someone for it.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by oozyism]

I'm well aware of the "opportunities" that the US Army offers. I'm still waiting for a US soldier to run to your rescue on this one, and tell us all about the fabulous life of wealth they've garnered from travelling to exotic locations, meeting interesting people, and killing them. Unfortunately, I'm not acquainted with any of those wealthy soldiers.

I'm still waiting to hear from one.

Was that a pin dropping I heard in here?

[edit on 2009/10/10 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I said:

The Jihadists hold these and other atrocities in mind when fighting, unlike the American soldiers who hold $ in mind.

Whether you said it in black and white is not the point. You implied that American soldiers are in it for the money. You are way off base.

On another topic, you say you are here to balance out things. What the hell are you balancing out?

You keep repeating the same ol same ol while yours boys are busy being taking out one by one in a game of hide and seek.

Nothing you do on here is going to help your boys.

So, how do you expect to help balance things out?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Still justifying the destruction of thousands of lives, and that is all you can come up with to defend it? I can defend Hitler better than that

I'm not justifying anything. I'm just saying that, like a lot of people here on ATS, you seem to think that the US is the cause of all the problems in the world. Once again, you're failing to see that there are two sides to a coin. But that's OK.

And yeah, I bet you can defend Hitler pretty well.

Now let us use our brain, where did I say people join the US Military to get rich. Keep trying, still boring me cause I have already discussed all these issues.

You said that American soldiers have $ on their mind. So, I guess that means they are fighting to get rich. Hang on, I'll get the crayons out if you need help.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think the OP is just having fun with all of you, a debate for the sake of debating, he knew what he was biting off when he started this thread, and everyone fell for it.

No one wins in war, except of course, ..... the winners. haha, and the OP beleives that the only reason America is even in Iraq is to exploit its #1 natural resource = Sand.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by oozyism

I fought these men, they stand for oppression of women, rule by terror, the stand for spreading ISLAM worldwide. So if you want to honor these men, I will put you in there column.

Im not chiming in on the subject matter, and Im not a soldier hater or arguing against you. But I would like to know how it is you know the people you were fighting against are women oppressors, they rule by terror and are for spreading ISLAM worldwide.

Did you somehow come into conversation with them while you were in battle? Did you read a book that told you these things? Did you listen to talk radio and take opinions of others as your own? Did your Leutenant tell you this? How do you know with assurity what you have said is fact?

No doubt our American ways are in stark contrast of the way other cultures live. No doubt there were some bad things going on with the leadership of Iraq. No doubt. All said, and even if what you say is true, sir, there is nothing in our constitution, nothing in what America stands for and nothing that enables the leadership of this country to put your life at stake for the freedom of a foreigner in a foreign land.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
is this suppose to be a low blow to the goverment? is it an attempt to be different? why not a moment of silence for all? they all die for what they believe in.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Coming from England, probably the country that has oppressed and killed the most people across the planet through history i can see what the OP is getting at.
Lets at least be honest with ourselves. We are not in Iraq or Afghanistan to protect and free the people from the so called oppressors, are we? Of course not, were there for our gain, be that oil, minerals, strategic middle eatern bases or just to keep the militery budgets flowing. And thats the truth of it, be honest.
When i see the coffins of our young soldiers coming home to their broken hearted families it genuinly breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes.
What have they actually died for? Are these brave souls not just innocent people been sent to their deaths? and for what? Can any of you supporters of this conflict actually tell me or any of us? I doubt it.
These guys serve their leaders without question. Is this not true of the so called terrorist?
Soldier - Go drop that bomb there, and the bomb drops. Does the guy ask if the people are innocent or deserve to die?
Terrorist - Go set off that bomb strapped to your back there (Because we dont have any planes), and the bomb goes off. Does the guy ask if the people are innocent or deserve to die?
Anyone? the difference is?
Its not our coutry, nor is how its run any of our business. They will find their own way, like we all have, like Russia is, like China is etc..etc..
Im in no way trying to justify the suicide bomber but nor can i justify our soldiers dying for something that no one can justify to me.
Make any sense?

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join