It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoopi says its not "rape-rape"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The special people want you to know that they believe that they are special. They have access to the news first. They spin and frame and "shape" ideas all day. They really want you do know that they think you should honour them with the right to disdain justice.

But they are so arrogant, they actually BELIEVE it. So it never occurs to them that the sleepy bear of the public is going to rip their butt off with their teeth.

[edit on 2009/9/30 by Aeons]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

He got to live a life of luxury, and couldn't attend spanky galas to feed his ego. Gods forfend such an existence.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

The most suprising thing to me was that whoopy got away with it without gettin her ars beat really by the women in the audience.

I don't watch that crap, either.

The audience members must be Stepford wives or something like that.

Mind you, I did not see the episode, and I don't know if Barbara Walters was there, but if she was, I can't believe she would have just let Whoopie get away with it either.

I had respect for Barbara Walters, in the past for her interviewing skills, but if she let Whoopie get away with such a dumb statement, she might as well know that people won't respect her, either.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

It makes sense if you think he truly suffered by the inability to step foot in the US.

By his choice. He would have been out of prison a long time ago, leaving him all sorts of opportunities to still be in the U.S.

Sure, he suffered. He couldn't go to the Academy Awards when he was nominated, he probably had to turn down job offers that required filming in the states and he was forced to live in Paris or, worse, Gstaad when it was ski season. Suffered even further when he was unable to accept his Oscar for directing The Piano. If you look at it that way, then the entertainment folks are right.

This quote was one of the funniest things I have read in a long time!

Woody Allen signed the petition and we all know how morally correct he is. Sure he had those pedophile claims against him and he married a child, 35 years younger than him who also happened to be his ex wife's daughter and a sibling to his own son but, still, he's got a boatload of good judgement, no? The pictures he took of Soon Yi were art, just like the nudies Roman took of the 13 year old, before he slipped her a quaalude and raped her, more than once.

Just more proof, that "birds of a feather flock together."

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This whole issue is amazingly easy for me; color me simple.

Statutory rape I can forgive: male, 18 beds female 15. OR female, 18, beds male 15. OR Male, 18, beds male, 15. OR Female, 18, beds female, 15. easy.

Statutory rape I cannot forgive: Male, 32 beds female, 14. Female, 37, beds male, 14. Male, 42, beds male 14. Female, 33, beds female, 14.

Rape, I can forgive: n/a

It happened 30 years ago, and Mr. Polanski has been on the lam ever since. Forget about it????????????????? WTFH??? He has not paid for his crime, clean and simple. Had he done so at the time, he'd have been out long ago, and carrying on with his career. It's time to pay. I don't mind admitting that I feel sorry for him, but I feel more sorry for the damage inflicted upon the young miss.

Yes, I'm old-fashioned. Justice is a dish best served toasty-hot.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Human compassion is never old fashioned.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh, because real rape is worse than "rape-rape"

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hollywood protects it's own.

They're all effed in the head there- the place is a cess pit.

Someone I know works in tv over here in Oz

Someone she knows worked on 'The color of Money'- signed a 5 yr gag order.

-he told my friend he walked out to the pool area one day and here was Cruise snogging Newman-

Everyone knows Cruise is gay- but not everyone knows Newman was- he had one of the longest marriages in Hollywood and was a pillar of respectibility- maybe it will come out one day like it has with others but I'm not holding my breath- they stick together in Hollywood to maintain the lies.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Come on people! The only law Hollywood actors believe in and will defend tooth & nail, is illegal Internet movie downloading as it affects their back pocket!

And seriously aren't these the same fools that don't support troops in Iraq/Afghanistan?

And the clincher...they are great advocates for climate change & lumbering everyone with CARBON TAXES, even though they leave some of the largest carbon footprints than anyone.

Only way to get back at these fools is to download their movies instead of going to the movies or purchasing the DVD's!

Have to add too, that I have grave concerns about this obsession with celebrities wanted to adopt, especially GAY ones (Elton John). Should have learnt our lesson with Woody!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by SpaceJockey]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm not at all surprised that the female audience of this heavily left-leaning panel of women who comprise The View didn't get all wee-weed up at Whoopi Goldberg's comments about rape rape. I watched the show twice. Just for jollies. Jeeze. That's all I can really say about what I listened to coming out of these women's mouths.

Somebody clue me in on this episode if you want. Was Elizabeth on the panel? Did she speak out against the Whoopster?

I've listened to Elizabeth a few times and she is the poster child for idiotic Republicans.
She is just plain dumb. And I feel embarrassed for her, sort of like I felt embarrassed for Irlene Mandrell on the Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters show from the early 80's. I'm surprised Bill Maher doesn't have Elizabeth on his show as the token conservative.
It would help to make him look good and smart.

Back to Whoopi. I have a lot of respect for her as an actress. She has had great roles and performed them excellently, although that stint on Star Trek The Next Generation made me scratch my head and say, "huh?"

But this "not rape rape" comment leaves me disturbed. I no longer respect her personally. And I won't spend money on any further movies she acts in, if she even does that anymore.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I really just hope they extradite his butt and throw him in jail. It will be interesting to see how long this process will take, if it happens at all. And if he gets a light sentence because of his age, that will be crap. It will just go to show you how much the upper "elite" disrespect OUR LAW and have a complete disregard for it when they choose.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
Well, people criticize Elizabeth Hasselbeck for her views but count on Whoopi to say something absolutely stupid. This is the same woman who said dog-fighting was a part of Southern culture during the whole Michael Vick thing, despite being a complete lie and generalization.

I do think the case should be dropped because the woman who was "rape" but not "rape-raped", settled it out of court for a large sum and she is on Roman's side in wanting the case to be dropped.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by DevilJin]

well regardless of what the minor wants, and has gotten from the ordeal, does the laws of the land still not apply? the question is do the parents want it dropped? if they do, THEY need to be on a watch list...

or its possible he is innocent, i don't know the whole story. but more likely than not he is guilty. but anyone who gets "a large sum of money" is going to more times than not, want the case thrown out because "hey i got a fist full of bucks and all i had to do was get sodomized by a film director against my will for it, HE MY HERO!!!" that just shows the girls mentality that regardless of the man's actions against her, she is willing to forgive him, as long as he paid her in cash. If this case is dropped what i want is for HER to RETURN the MONEY. on that not, the criminal charges should not be dropped, should go forth, and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. as for lieniancy *SP* if he is good when he is in there, knock some time off like any other criminal, but don't give him early parole just because he is going to make "your next favorite movie" that is going to be based on a true story about "a film director drugging a 13 y/o girl, raping and sodomizing her, then paying her off to be on his side, only to still wind up in prison, and his times good and bad in the pen"

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
All of you people disgust me. I mean deep down, seriously disgust me.

All Whoopi Goldberg was saying in the clip was that if you are going to talk about something, you talk about what actually happened, not what you "THINK" the law should be, not what you "THINK" the guy should be guilty of, not what you "THINK" a girl of 13 is capable of... what the person was actually sentenced for.

Statutory Rape should be repealed. Anyone who has willing sex, regardless of age or "Consequences" that may arise, is HAVING WILLING SEX. I don't care if you "THINK" a thirteen year old is incapable of consenting, I don't care if you "THINK" that someone fourty years older is a pervert, I don't care if you "THINK" that it's wrong.

I am so sick of how everyone hears sex next to twelve, thirteen or whatnot and instantly thinks that some innocent wench is getting raped.

Maybe it was in this case. Maybe it wasn't.

But all of you people who are for Statutory Rape as a law... I personally want to see terrible, terrible things happen to you... because you are ruining America.

You should not have extra laws when rape laws are sufficient for violent, involuntary sex. Statutory Rape is just an excuse for prudes to ruin the lives of innocent adult males because there is so much hatred of men in this culture.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
from all the reports on tv it seems even the organizers of the event where Polanski was supposed to be a guest presenter were surprised, that its not like he was in hiding. He was out in the open so to speak. So it seems kind of odd that they decided to get him now. Smells like BS media hype to distract from something else. I'm not saying what he did is condonable but i AM saying they had a million other chances to get him why wait till now? That coupled with media furor blowing this out of proportion AGAIN im not condoning the act itself but i hardly think one rape case 30 years ago needs to get this much media coverage. there are far more important things to report on.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I was raped when I was 14 by an 18 year old women....well....ok....I was a willing participant. Back in the 60's, nearly every girl in 8th grade had engaged in sex. By the 70's you were hard pressed to find a virgin.

In Canada you can have consensual legal sex with a 14 year old(perverts).
The Supreme Court had an opportunity to change that, but didn't. I had to stand guard over my daughter when she turned 14 (she looked 18 or 19 at the time).

We don't know the whole story yet. We don't know why he confessed to the charge. We don't know the woman's stand on this today....do we?

Did he know she was 13 at the time? Some girls look much much older.

I guess I just want to wait before I jump in with the rest of the lynch mob.

How about making him pay 2 or 3 million to the victim and let it go?
It's not like he hasn't experienced punishment all these years....since he was in exile and could not return to the USA, that is a form of punishment for someone in his field.

Anyway, please don't flame me. I'm feeling sensitive about that 18 year old woman that did all those terrible things to me when I was 14.

[edit on 30/9/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here is the link to the video clip

View Video Clip

Here is the article, note at the bottom of the page is the transcript of the grand jury testimony, by the victim.

Article

She Said NO!

That's RAPE, plain and simple.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

So then, ColdDragon, where is the line? Do you think it's okay to have sex with a ten year old if he/she consents? How about a six year old? How about someone not old enough to talk. Because if there is a line, then it is the same thing with a line in a different place.

If you think there is no line then I am curious as to why you feel that way. And why if I disagree with you, you apparently want to see terrible things happen to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
All of you people disgust me. I mean deep down, seriously disgust me.

Well, most of us think the raping of a 13 year old, who was GIVEN ALCOHOL and DRUGS before the sex happened was RAPED, and we are disgusted. You are aware Roman Polanski plead guilty?

All Whoopi Goldberg was saying in the clip was that if you are going to talk about something, you talk about what actually happened, not what you "THINK" the law should be, not what you "THINK" the guy should be guilty of, not what you "THINK" a girl of 13 is capable of... what the person was actually sentenced for.

Once again, he PLEAD GUILTY! He fled the country before being sentenced, because, he was guilty! That is what happened.

Statutory Rape should be repealed. Anyone who has willing sex, regardless of age or "Consequences" that may arise, is HAVING WILLING SEX. I don't care if you "THINK" a thirteen year old is incapable of consenting, I don't care if you "THINK" that someone fourty years older is a pervert, I don't care if you "THINK" that it's wrong.

I care what you think, and based on the above, it seems to be pretty sick and twisted logic you have. Do you have any daughters, or little sisters? Would you approve of your 13 year old daughter or sister having sex with their 40 year old teacher? A 13 year old girl has problems deciding what to wear to school tomorrow. Do you really think they are mentally mature enough to consent to sex?

I am so sick of how everyone hears sex next to twelve, thirteen or whatnot and instantly thinks that some innocent wench is getting raped.

If I found out my 12 or 13 year old daughter was having consensual sex, she wouldn't have lived to see her next birthday.

Maybe it was in this case. Maybe it wasn't.

Once again, Roman Polanski plead GUILTY!

But all of you people who are for Statutory Rape as a law... I personally want to see terrible, terrible things happen to you... because you are ruining America.

I think your ideology on the matter is what is wrong with America, but I would never wish for terrible things to happen to you!

You should not have extra laws when rape laws are sufficient for violent, involuntary sex. Statutory Rape is just an excuse for prudes to ruin the lives of innocent adult males because there is so much hatred of men in this culture.

So, are you saying it is ok for men to have involuntary sex with a woman as long as it isn't violent? NO means NO! If a woman does not want to have sex with a guy, it doesn't mean she is a prude, and it has nothing to do with hating men in this culture.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I have no idea how to take that !! lol

But you carry the big stick, so I agree with it !!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
Anyone who tries to lessen or defend what that guy did is showing their colors as pretty sick.

Ok, I'll bite.

It seems that all of you here are on the tar a feather bandwagon, without actually looking at the facts. But who needs facts right? After all if the govt. says it happened a certain way, then it must have happened that way right?

Has anyone actually thought about the circumstances of the "Rape"? The motivation of the mother who brought her child to the producer/director at the time? The motivation of the "Child" at the time? Even back then, Polanski would have had a parade of nubile your starlets lining up for an opportunity for some one on one. One of the only people at the location on that day stated that this 13 year old could have passed for 25 and wasn't a 13 year old looking 13 year old.

Lets also not forget the motivation of the judge at the time to reneg on the plea deal. After all, he had his "career" to think about. That is also forgetting the trial of public opinion that would have and did ensue at the time.

I think it is incredibly naive for anyone to simply claim that they have any idea what may have happened those many years ago, and the testimony of the alleged victim was suspect from the start.

I believe he got bit by a situation that many others have fallen to since then. A young person claiming to be older than their years, gets into an adult situation only to cry "rape" after the fact. Unless he was paranoid enough to actually ask for an ID. He would likely have treated it like any male would have in a similar situation. So when arrested, and informed of her real age, he admitted to having sex with an underage person. Which would have been a true statement. Not knowing before hand is not considered an excuse in law.

So the next time your at the beach, checking out the hot babes showing off their wares, consider that no less than 10% are actually under the legal age of consent, and you eyein' them up makes you the pervert.

For the record, I have 2 daughters in high school one of which is indeed underage, and many of their friends are able to pass easily for 18, now in all probability there may have been fewer adult looking teens during that decade, but also consider that the mom brought her over an likely gave her makeup tips.

It is truly a case of "Buyer beware"

The only colors I'm showing by this post are the colors of someone who is actually aware of the pitfalls that can happen to anyone and HAVE happened to many a young man and woman alike. Gawd...

..Ex

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join