It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoopi says its not "rape-rape"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The difference between Polanski escaping on his way to sentencing, and the meth head escaping his sentencing.....

One wears a nicer suit.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't understand why Whoopi is so confused, it's actually quite simple.

Polanski was convicted of statutory rape (he plead guilty). He then violated the law by fleeing the country before the case was completed. The child rape case isn't even in question.

The problem is that he is fleeing the law. There is no statute of limitations on that.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that im not the only one that thinks this guy needs to do alot of time and that the people backing him up are really f'ed up for thinking that it is ok. To even have whoopy doing a half-assed defense for Polanski was really appalling. Im also suprised that she didnt get booed right off of the set. The View, in glenn becks words is the stereotypical chick show and she was defending a rapist's actions. I mean, damn. Is the wool that far over the eye's of the sheep to where they just sit there and nod in agreement of whatever is said by socalled hollywood elite no matter what they say? If so, i think that it is about time my ars moves on up outa the U.S. It is really sad to think that the people of the greatest nation on earth can no longer think for themselves and instead follow like lemmings.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I don't understand why Whoopi is so confused, it's actually quite simple.

Polanski was convicted of statutory rape (he plead guilty). He then violated the law by fleeing the country before the case was completed. The child rape case isn't even in question.

The problem is that he is fleeing the law. There is no statute of limitations on that.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by harrytuttle]

True, it's not as if he has to go through the trial again, he's in trouble for not fulfilling his sentence. I'm appalled at the number of people coming to his defense. Most of these people have children themselves, WTH are they thinking? As far as Polanski's Hollywood supporters, too much emphasis is put into deifying celebrities anyway. They're actors, performers.

Edit to add:
If the general population stopped treating performers (whether it be acting, singing, sports, etc.) like gods then maybe their egos would return to normal.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Orion65]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

People are afraid to speak up because of political correctness,

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

It really is sad huh?

"now lets not offend the rapists"

:shk:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If Polanski was an obese balding looking geek with glasses would he still be treated the same? Or would we all be talking about a sick pervert?

We all know the answer to that question.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

It really is sad huh?

I read this article today from Europe calling Americans puritanical because of this issue.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Honestly, I can't even understand why this thread exists.

I must be missing something, but does anybody really care what Whoopie Goldberg has to say?

I lost respect for her when she let Ted Danson describe having sex with her and what her genitalia was like.

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Quite a list. I only recognized a couple of names.

Is anyone surprised that Woody Allen is on the list?

Polanski needs to pay for his crimes. He could do it with time or money, make sno difference to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

It really is sad huh?

I read this article today from Europe calling Americans puritanical because of this issue.

No, I think that you read that the elitists who were interviewed CLAIMED that they spoke for the general citizenry.

I very much doubt that the general citizenry of France actually thinks that a "special" person deserves "special" rights.

Modern France was established as a Republic on the back of the citizenry taking the "special" people and putting them to the guillotine because of it.

Elitists get interviewed first, and they CLAIM they speak for all. I highly doubt they do.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
reply to post by Aeons

Quite a list. I only recognized a couple of names.

Is anyone surprised that Woody Allen is on the list?

Polanski needs to pay for his crimes. He could do it with time or money, make sno difference to me.

You really think the rich should be able to buy themselves out of justice?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You know what this means?

Boycott the view. These morons really do bother me. What is their definition of rape? Apparently in their opinion being forced into sexual intercourse after being drugged by an older man does not count for rape.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Boycott the view. These morons really do bother me. What is their definition of rape? Apparently in their opinion being forced into sexual intercourse after being drugged by an older man does not count for rape.

How did those women not just explode with a case of the serious heebie-jeebies having to listen to that?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Hey you know the funny thing.

Not that I would because I think this guy deserves a very long jail sentence.

But if I wanted to go up and sign that petition? I'd probably be told I'm not important enough.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I don't know how anyone with common sense couldn't get pissed off after listening to someone.

I've very long not like the view, I always viewed it as a group of elitists women dictating how middle aged housewives should feel.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

I have no problem boycotting the view.....i dont watch that crap anyways

But seriously, to respond to another poster (i dont know how to multi-quote on this forum yet) the reason for this thread is that it kinda ties into the NEA scandal, to me in a small way at least. I dont care about what hollywood has to say about anything to be honest, but i do care that there are alot of people out there that actually do for some reason. The most suprising thing to me was that whoopy got away with it without gettin her ars beat really by the women in the audience. You know that there are a lot of women that watch that show and actually go to that show to sit in the audience. Just think about the fact that they are just going along with what she says and dont think that its a big deal, at least not enough to shout or boo her in any fashion. Thats the scary part. I dont care if she goes and swears to God that the sky is purple and she found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, its if she actually convinces other people that she is right is where i got a problem.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Let's quote this again too, just because its just "money" like the "rape-rape" comment.

“If I had killed somebody, it wouldn’t have had so much appeal to the press, you see? But… f—ing, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to f— young girls. Juries want to f— young girls. Everyone wants to f— young girls!”
-Roman Polanski, Interview with Martin Amis 1979

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think it's less about letting Whoopi or some other celebrity tell us what to think, and more being shocked that these people are really as out-of-tune with regular reasonable people values as any crazy evangelist has been spouting for decades.

I really had no idea that drugging and sodomizing 13-year olds was "not rape rape." If I didn't know better, I'd think this were some crazy dream. Is it just me or are things getting crazy?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't agree with his defenders but I think the point they're making is that he's had to live with the public shame for 30 years and even the girl he raped has said it's time to move on. It makes sense if you think he truly suffered by the inability to step foot in the US. Sure, he suffered. He couldn't go to the Academy Awards when he was nominated, he probably had to turn down job offers that required filming in the states and he was forced to live in Paris or, worse, Gstaad when it was ski season. Suffered even further when he was unable to accept his Oscar for directing The Piano. If you look at it that way, then the entertainment folks are right.

Woody Allen signed the petition and we all know how morally correct he is. Sure he had those pedophile claims against him and he married a child, 35 years younger than him who also happened to be his ex wife's daughter and a sibling to his own son but, still, he's got a boatload of good judgement, no? The pictures he took of Soon Yi were art, just like the nudies Roman took of the 13 year old, before he slipped her a quaalude and raped her, more than once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join