It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Human Race be causing these Earthquakes by extracting Oil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Has anyone read information on oil being abiotic? Replenished regularly from the mantle, earth's core? Russian, Alexandrovich Kudryavtsev, may have some better facts than current Peak Oil theory provides. Something western oil mentions little. Peak Oil is just another mass control myth. Oil is limitless.

Question everything.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Im fairly certain that Oil extraction is not the cause of earthquates as coring and drilling techniques used in the extraction dont reach depths capable of being anywhere remotley the earths core.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
No - study a little geology and you'll understand why.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I hear the analogy of drilling oil out of the Earth is a lot like sucking blood out of our bodies. Another visualization i hear is that the level at which we drill for oil is like scratching the paint off the surface of a soccer ball.

Perhaps in that respect, it could be like giving a blood donation and passing out a little

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Look, I guess I have to say this again; our twin star, Nemesis, is returning now. On a 3,600 year orbit. A dim star. And as it approaches, it is causing weather changes in ALL the planets in our system, and on our sun. Do a little research on it. That is why some of the planets now have remarkably different light levels shining on Earth. Their reflection changed. We are not near running out of oil. They just want you to believe that so we will pay more for it, and support their wars so they can profit from weaponry. And some 'people' don't want you to burn any anyways, so they also support the lies. IT'S NOT TRUE, most of all you hear. Brace yourself, the older you get, the more you will see that people are incredibly dishonest.

The older i get?

Don't worry...... i know about dishonesty...... i've lived many years here and have been mis-lead many a time..... i know that TPTB want us in their pockets forever.....

Anyway, back to the topic and i gotta say thanks to all the input and links!

A lot of Theories and data to back up my original thoughts

Sorry for not replying to every single post but believe me i have read them and clicked the links!!!

[edit on 1-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Thanks for input.... it has been a pleasure reading it..... even if some of what you say is beyond me

There is one thing i want to pick up on though regarding the Earths magnetic pull....

Is it possible to extract enough magnetic components in a body of mass to prevent that body of mass to be magnetic?

And would it be possible for the magnetic force to decline in such a way that the body of mass could have an effect on other masses? i.e our spin and other planets in the Universe? Could they one day be affected?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Its more likely that these earthquakes are occuring due to the fact that both the places affected over the last few days lie in the most earthquake prone parts of the world, known as the ring of fire.

Really people, please research about tectonic activity and the ring of fire. Its nothing unusual, its a natural occurence

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Its more likely that these earthquakes are occuring due to the fact that both the places affected over the last few days lie in the most earthquake prone parts of the world, known as the ring of fire.

Really people, please research about tectonic activity and the ring of fire. Its nothing unusual, its a natural occurence

Ok.... maybe not the huge Earthquakes that we see in 'THE RING OF FIRE' but what about elsewhere?

Don't forget that there are many Oil rigs out in the Oceans!!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Again it is a question of depth...the deepest wells are around 5 miles and the shallowest earthquakes happen well below 20 miles.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Once you put some thought into it, its pretty easy to see where there is good reason for the drilling to be affecting this.

www.conservation.ca.gov...

Information there about what the oil is replaced with, usually water and brine byproducts of the drilling. Also found about pollution being pumped in too but thats a bit OT.

en.wikipedia.org...

and the tectonic plates move because heat dissipation.

So my theory here is that YES we are affecting these earthquakes by replacing the oil with water. Oil has a much higher boiling point than water. It's all fine to have the water there until it heats up and boils, expanding more than oil would have done. The heat would definately dissipate faster and more destructively if water were its conductor. Im not saying there isnt natural forms of water that do the same thing, but I think the balance is getting just a little upset here.

Theory would be that if we extracted all the oil and replaced it with water, it would be a similarly catastrophic result if you replaced the oil in your car with salt water.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
all right then , if you dont like his theory , then im sure that you wont like mine ..

in my opinion he is correct , Oil is the blood of the earth .

now my theory which has at one point in the past 30 years been proven by an expect or two that the planet is in fact expecting another moon, now the cause of most of these earthquakes can be related somehow in a funky way to a woman in labor called contractions and as to how long shes been pregnant( the planet is A sexual by the way) nobody knows but as she gets closer to giving birth sotospeak we get more volcanic eruptions and largeer earthquakes , then one day BAM SHE GIVES BIRTH AND SAY GOODBYE TO THE HUMAN RACE.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

wow! That's some way to visualize the Earth exploding..... some great creative mind you have.... you should put it to good use!!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

.....now my theory....

OH! 'your' theory? I am quivering with anticipation......

....which has at one point in the past 30 years been proven by an expect or two that the planet is in fact expecting another moon...

AND, once again, I am severely disappointed, and let down....

"expecting another moon"??? How can I put that into the proper incredulous vocal register it deserves?? Try to imagine a Monty Python cast member in drag, and screeching it.......

"...in the past 30 years...."

That is quite nearly HALF of my life....yet, in ALL that time....NOTHING! Bubkis!!!

But, thanks (anyway) for your "theory"..........

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Oh my god, how can you people be so uneducated?

You actually think that oil lubricates the plates?
Seriously guys, spend a second on wikipedia or something, the crust of the earth floats on top of the MANTLE, not a few bits of oil. I can't even begin to comprehend the absolute insanity of some of you :|

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aufeis
Oh my god, how can you people be so uneducated?

You actually think that oil lubricates the plates?
Seriously guys, spend a second on wikipedia or something, the crust of the earth floats on top of the MANTLE, not a few bits of oil. I can't even begin to comprehend the absolute insanity of some of you :|

And i can't believe you believe everything you read.... there is definate proof if you care to follow some of the links provided which will open your eyes a little to the fact that drilling does cause earthquakes..... maybe not the massive ones of 6 or 7 magnitude but the lower grade ones.....

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xrc12000

I would imagine that until recently, most Earthquakes went unrecorded or even unnoticed. Most small ones you barely feel, but are still logged. The Uk gets quite a few a year, yet only one or two every few years rattles the china. With modern equipment, these quakes can be noticed and recorded, in 1916 I doubt anyone would have noticed such quakes, thus they wouldn't have been recorded.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Check out my post on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And bring synconisity into your arguement.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
People drilling for Oil i mean?

Think about it for sec before replying with ridulous comments like 'don't be silly' or 'no way'

Oil is at the core of the Earth..... it may of had a useage for being there in the first place...... in fact it probably does have a usage for being there otherwise it wouldn't be there right?

What has man been doing for many years now?

Drilling holes in the Earths core to extract the Oil!!!

How much Oil have they extracted from the Earth?

Just like we need water to survive..... the Earth may need it's Oil!

They are extracting something which the Earth needs to continue its life!

I bet the Oilgarchs didn't think about this when they started drilling... all they thought about is we are gonna be rich.... we are gonna be rich..... without thinking about the consequences.

Makes sense to me with all these Earthquakes happening and the Oil is running out!

I'm no expert on Geological affairs....... just throwing it out there with an open Mind!

Well Earth doesnt require oil to operate but we do. Petroleum, gas, etc, Yes, youre right OIL, we're going to get rich people. We all know oil will run out in less than 50 years, then what?? Lets get real. Dont sell the farm to get it. Lubricants yes, for medicine, topical ointment, etc. but seriously we waited to long due to greed. I have mineral rights on my property. No oil but fools gold. Back to your point YES man can create earthquakes. such devestation and a great loss of life. HAARP can do this. I wont go so far to say we caused the Japan Earthquake but think about it... Can the Pentagon, (who now owns HAARP) do such a horrendous thing. YES I believe they would. Those of you who are alien believers know that technology comes from their presence. It's all about Japan now, if Aliens existed I think Japan has all the new tech. Let's pretend I didnt say that.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

[edit on 30-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join