It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Human Race be causing these Earthquakes by extracting Oil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
People drilling for Oil i mean?

Think about it for sec before replying with ridulous comments like 'don't be silly' or 'no way'

Oil is at the core of the Earth..... it may of had a useage for being there in the first place...... in fact it probably does have a usage for being there otherwise it wouldn't be there right?

What has man been doing for many years now?

Drilling holes in the Earths core to extract the Oil!!!

How much Oil have they extracted from the Earth?

Just like we need water to survive..... the Earth may need it's Oil!

They are extracting something which the Earth needs to continue its life!

I bet the Oilgarchs didn't think about this when they started drilling... all they thought about is we are gonna be rich.... we are gonna be rich..... without thinking about the consequences.

Makes sense to me with all these Earthquakes happening and the Oil is running out!

I'm no expert on Geological affairs....... just throwing it out there with an open Mind!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

[edit on 30-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I am pretty sure oil doesnt come from the CORE of the Earth. You might want to research that.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by MrFrancisToYou]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Not to meantion wwe pump a much higher % of water out of the earth every day than oil.....
But yes I agree, we are making voids under the initial crust....

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm not qualified as a any type of professional able to make that statement with any type of certainty....but.....I always looked at it like this............To me it seems no differnet than slowly draining your body of its fluids which will result in the innevitable. Death.

How long can we suck this planet dry before it runs out of life?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrFrancisToYou

I am pretty sure oil doesnt come from the CORE of the Earth. You might want to research that.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by MrFrancisToYou]

Have you travelled to the Earth's Core?

I didn't think so......

Anyway when i say 'CORE' what i really meant was 'LIFE' or 'HEART'

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Oil is at the core of the Earth..... it may of had a useage for being there in the first place...... in fact it probably does have a usage for being there otherwise it wouldn't be there right?

Yes... you are correct.

Oil is the lubricant for the earth's tectonic plates.

Pump out the oil and the plates grind against each other and create earthquakes.

End of plate tectonic theory lesson... Geosciences Class 101.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Man, what a daft idea.

Firstly, it only comes from a few thousand metres underground, not the core. The core is a huge ball of superheated, spinning iron. Then comes the mantle, which is a huge, massive layer of super-heated, vicous, molten rock. Then, right at the top and only a couple of dozen kilometres thick, is the pathetically thin crust where we all reside, inclduing the Oil.

Secondly, pumping oil out of the ground doesn't leave a void. The Oil resides in porous rock, which still remains after the Oil is gone. There isn't vast, underground caverns that were once full of Oil now teetering on the brink of collapse due to drilling...

Go and research Oil and how it's extracted, then go and research how the Earth is composed.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Well, not really. That lesson sucked!

You find alot of Oil at techtonic boundaries, do we? If it lubricated the plates, we'd expect to see it oozing out of every fault line. It doesn't.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Always felt this planet as a living entity! Always knew that the massive amounts of oil extracted from the plates would cause them to crack...and that the burning of this oil would destroy the atmosphere in that area! I dislike bad science! But I know this place will replenish itself - fast.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

could not have said it better myself...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

You dislike bad science, yet endorse it in the next breath?

Are you serious?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Okay, I thought about the OP for several seconds...

The earth has been "suffering" from the tremendous earthquakes for many years prior to "the human race" existence. At least, the human existence as we currently think of it. Meaning, an entire race of "people" may have been around to witness even more terrible earth events, which brought about their extinction.
However, there is no evidence, as yet, that such a "race" existed.

We, the human race, are not the cause of the earthquakes...no way, no how.

A little reading in the basics of geology pertaining to oil formation,and tectonics ( mountain building ), will do a lot to enlighten you in this regard.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
heres an experement for you

take a board 6x6x2 secure both edges and see how much pressure it takes to break it

now drill holes in it 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and you will see that the ammount of pressure is decreased

now think of that 6x6 board as the earths crust The more we drill the weaker it gets eventually the pressure from below WILL break through

and yes by extracting the oil we are making the earth smaller in size,,, maybe not much but how much is too much for the weak crust

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I stopped breathing a long time ago

or rather holding my breath in this sea of lies called "civilization"! Imagine if your feces weren't laced with fermenting toxic chemicals from the foods you eat, medications and alcohol consumption - you could power your Lamborghini - no need to buy gas! Now instead human decay will have to feed the plates...perhaps!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Devastating earthquakes have been recorded an known of for thousands of years,long before modern man discovered oil and started pumping it out.

There are many external universal forces involved in what is taking place during this period of time.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Please read KOGDOGS reply!!!!

And i do know that the Tectonic plates need the oil which is what i was talking about....

As one other poster put it, we are sucking the life out of out the Earth.... if you were to have your blood sucked out of you you would die!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Look! I know that Earthquakes have been occuring since long time ago but what i'm trying to say now is that they seem to be occuring at a much faster rate now and it could be due to our drilling of Oil!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

Whatever man...

Your analogy would work if we were drilling holes in the earth hundreds of miles wide, not a matter of feet.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Please..

You "know", do you? Provide the proof, please.

Just saying something doesn't make it so. All the scientific data and even cursory observation shows that oil is not needed to "lubricate the plates"...

I cannot believe some people actually believe drivel like this. I despair, i really do. This site used to be full of intelligent people, now we just seem to have a huge mass of pillocks.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Again, show proof that Earthquakes are occuring more frequently.

I think you're confusing news coverage with how frequent they are. 24hr News and the internet enabled us to hear about things that would not have made the nightly news 20 years ago. It gives the impression of "more stuff", but really it's just "more stuff reported on the news".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join