It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollyon, The bottomless pit and the Large Hadron collider

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

sigi,

i looked into preterism. the text was saying that by the time the 5th empire (iron mixed with potters clay that becomes miry clay -- toes of nebuchadnezzar's statue) of daniel had come to fruition, all the empires of history would be complete. this is still true. the fifth empire is still in control, it just uses front men -- better known as the 6th, 7th and 8th empires. the fifth empire is the beast that was, is not, and yet is. you don't recognize he's in charge, you think he's beaten, but he's still in charge of the entire planet through various front organizations. so while some parts of the revelation are completed, some parts are still in motion and have yet to finish their place in history. i'm thinking we're in the beginning stages of the 8th empire.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Remember that particles are held together by one of the universes greatest forces. This experiment has been done before at CERN amongst other places, and the advances in terms of technology spin offs has been amazing. However those were done at lower energies so the release at the macro scale could be easily absorbed.
The higher energies used for the LHC experiment has too many unknowns for complete confidence in terms of safety. Eg, the smashing of the particle at this higher energy could release a force that we havent seen before. The force that hold these particles together is akin to a very large, huge, spring that has been compressed right down into the size of a particle. At lower energies total release of this energy doesnt occur, but at higher energies it may, and i don want to be around if that spring pops up!
Also there is the risk of the experiment creating a strangelet. Dont want that either! Not to mention the black hole issue!
It may be something, it may be nothing, and if they do produce exciting results i will applaude with everyone else. But the saftey issues cannot be ignored, and many are justfiably concerned up to the point of trying to take legal steps to stop it, and these guys were physicists too!
And as for that absorbtion, what if the magnets fail as they did recently? The system is fallable.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

aha! Something we DO agree on today!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

So scientists agree with each other too? I dont think so! Its the most cut throat business in the world

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
Eg, the smashing of the particle at this higher energy could release a force that we havent seen before. The force that hold these particles together is akin to a very large, huge, spring that has been compressed right down into the size of a particle. At lower energies total release of this energy doesnt occur, but at higher energies it may, and i don want to be around if that spring pops up!

a) as said MANY times before, collisions of much higher energy have been happening on Earth forever with no detrimental effect
b) your "theory" of elementary particles has no foundation to it and hence no value (spring etc).

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

hey, i'm 50 years old, been studying this stuff off and on since i was 12.
doesn't mean i'm right but give an old lady her due and at least consider what i'm saying. i sure can't imagine them taking that kind of risk in the public eye. i think they already did it elsewhere, know how it works, and are just making this event public as they open a new, less revealing version of the original item they learned the tech from in the first place. for example...

take this for example. i want you to think about what this video is showing.

these guys know things they don't tell us. what you hear on the news, is usually 50 years or more behind what they are actually capable of.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
these guys know things they don't tell us. what you hear on the news, is usually 50 years or more behind what they are actually capable of.

I'm one of "these guys" and I'm sorry, but we don't keep secrets from the public as you are describing.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

you run the LHC project?
nice to meet ya!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by undoyou run the LHC project?

I don't run it. It's way above my pay range

But I worked on Atlas TRT in mid-80s to early 90-s and now am contributing to the software part of the project. Last time I visited the Atlas experimental hall was in April of 2009. If you go to Geneva, you can always arrange a visit to see the control room (it's a glass wall). The cavern itself is closed to the public for safety reasons.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Interactions that happen naturally as i have said many times before.
So a mathematical theorum has more of a basis then? If that was the case then we would know everything by now, or close to it. The fact is, is they have been wrong before and they could be wrong now... I surely hope not!
The spring was a metaphor for other readers who aren't as clued up as you.

[edit on 013030p://f17Wednesday by Selahobed]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

okay then do you mean to say that the new scientific projects are never conducted in secret before being made known to the public? man you need to read history.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Secrecy, by and large, involves military projects. Large scale academic research of the kind done at CERN was open from the day of this organization's creation. Building a similar scale machine in secrecy is unimaginable based on my 25 year experience in the field, and there is no need for such paranoia in the first place.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

You should take a close look at scientific method. There is usually more than one theory (which is an educated guess), and the one that is borne out in the data becomes the basis for knowledge and further exploration. Until we measure stuff, we don't know for sure.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

hey, you are looking a gift horse in the mouth. i'm stating that the LHC people would not turn on a machine that potentially dangerous if someone hadn't already done so elsewhere, with a different device with same functions and parameters. so what about we just consider it has already been done by the military and they already know it's safe, otherwise, that place would get shut down so fast, it'd make your head spin. no way would they let a device potentially capable of destroying whole regions or the entire planet, run with no preliminary verification that it works safely, without their first hand understanding of its safety.

it's logic, really.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by undo]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

hey, you are looking a gift horse in the mouth. i'm stating that the LHC people would not turn on a machine that potentially dangerous if someone hadn't already done so elsewhere, with a different device with same functions and parameters. so what about we just consider it has already been done by the military and they already know it's safe, otherwise, that place would get shut down so fast, it'd make your head spin. no way would they let a device potentially capable of destroying whole regions or the entire planet, run with no preliminary verification that it works safely, without their first hand understanding of its safety.

Unfortunately, this opinion of yours is a mix of superstition, conspiracy theory and wishful thinking. Sorry. What's the point of creating a secret machine that would present exact same dangers as the one built in the clear? I think I said all I could add in this thread, so I resign. You got a chance to speak to one of the folks on the inside, the rest and your opinions are all up to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

because the military would be controlling it. what makes you think they would let ordinary citizens, such as non-military scientists, use a device that other scientists are claiming is potentially capable of ripping apart the land or the planet? they already know what it can do, that's why! it's logical.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

"In Homeric poetry, Apollyon is a Plague-Bearer god with a silver arrow"

Anyone up for a H1N1 vaccination?
Plague-Bearer god? silver arrow?
Big Pharma? vaccination needle?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

i would be so bummed if i was forced to take that thing and i started getting deathly ill from it, not just because of the prospect of dying but also because it says that it can't harm those who have god's seal in their forehead.....which would mean i wasn't sealed, which would make my looming death twice as bad. you better hope that's not true or there will be dying people with huge samson complexes, all over the place.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As above so below.
Enki established eridu at the mouth of the euthrates. The abzu was there.

Eridanus
A constellation in the sky. These faint stars have been known as a
river since ancient times, and have represented famous rivers such as
the Nile and the Euphrates.

Abzu
Lord (male) of the ocean and the sea. Usually 'sea' refers to the great
expanse of the heavens. Aka Absu.

The abyss.-The Eridanus Supervoid is the largest supervoid (an area of the universe devoid of galaxies) discovered as of 2007. At a diameter of about one billion light years it is much larger than any other known void and represents a challenge for current theories of the origins of the universe to explain.
Mythology-t is connected to the myth of Phaëton, who took over the reins of his father Helios' sky chariot (i.e., the Sun), but didn't have the strength to control it and so veered wildly in different directions, scorching both earth and heaven. Zeus intervened by striking Phaëton dead with a thunderbolt and casting him to earth. The constellation was supposed to be the path Phaëton drove along; in later times, it was considered a path of souls.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by stander

Yes I know the etymology of the name of the town. And the power of suggestion.
It obviously isnt your cup of tea with all of this religious nonesense, and maybe us religious folks should all just get a life and just forget all of our stupid beliefs. After all, religion is to blame for all of the worlds ills and the whole world would be better off without it right? But what fills that void?

I didn't say that you didn't know how the town might have been called by the Roman settlers. I just pointed out that the Latin name of the town didn't derive from the bad guy Apollyon, but from the good guy Apollo -- that was the intention of the ancient guys who founded the town in question.

Modern religion is a hospital where ignorance is born every second, whereas modern science is a hospital where ignorance is born once a week.

Anyway, its not a lost cause: Roman god Apollo moved to what is now Italy from Greece where he was known as Apollyon -- a god with a mean temper. The Romans put him into a re-education camp and Apollo became a good guy when dealing with Romans, but retained his bad side while dealing with the enemies of the Roman Empire -- you know, Romans were not exactly stupid. That's why the Roman Empire lasted a millenium, as opposed to the Third Reich, the Soviet Empire, and the American Empire, which is about to go.

Apollo's job in Roman times was to guard flock and herds. Time has changed and Apollo now oversees the flock of protons and the herd of quarks running through the LHC.
To what effect?
You need to align the day when the installation broke down with the Bible to find out. The Bible wasn't meant for the Vatican boys to read from, so you need to open your mind a bit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join