It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

I've read at least two posters that stated "I voted for Obama" and "I am in favor of Obama" and BOTH said they are opposed to this.

I suggest you read the entire thread.

By the way, right-wing nutjobs as you refer to "us" would never vote for Obama. That's how I know the above mentioned posters are not in this group.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
**Please provide the link that shows a story similar to this one for any of the past SITTING presidents.

I can't. It wouldn't have made the news at all. Because no one cared. But...

Originally posted by amazed
A couple of years ago, when my youngest was in elementary, the music teacher did a huge music program, the whole program was nothing but songs about presidents (including the president at the time BUSH) and the United States of America and the military. (It was when a lot of contention was going around about Bush and the war). Everyone wore red, white and blue, danced around with flags and balloons.
Oh, and this was a public school, funded by tax money.

considering the political climate for the past 20 years there would be something somewhere documented.**

If it had made the news, it would be.

When have I ever claimed the kids were being indoctrinated?

I wasn't talking about you. I said "some people" if I remember correctly.

When have I stated it is ONLY okay to sing such a song in February rather than any other time of the month.

Same thing. Wasn't about you.

My arguments stand as I do not back down from what I say. They are not mean spirited, nor hurtful to anyone. They are questions that seek answers.

Same here.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Once again all you people keep saying how outrageous it is to compare Obama to Hitler.

And once again let me remind you that when Hitler came to power and was so adored by the German people they had no idea he was about to destroy Europe and the lives of millions of people. Had they known they probably wouldn't have liked him very much. Remember it is only in hindsight we can see how evil Hitler was. Who could have seen that coming? What were the signs?

Do we really need for history to completely repeat itself before I can say, too late I might add, there are many similarities between now and Obama and Hitler and Germany then. Are these our warnings?

Oh, god! I just committed the ultimate sin saying that Obama is similar to Hitler.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by 2 cents]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

yes public schools need help.. but every time people try to get more money for the schools the same type of hype shows up and people have a fit, and as far as painting with a broad spectrum those who are doing this to obama and anyone who wants the system to change.. so again i reiterate the holier than thou crowd needs to practice what they preach...and remember the constitution isnt just for them

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

When you jump into an argument, and instantly accuse everyone in it of being:

1. racist
2. republican
3. wacko
4. KKK lovers
5. religeous "nutjobs"

it pretty much ends up being considered angry babble -- mostly because not one person, other than you, has made this about race. Further, to continue your rant and bring the KKK into it, proves what your agenda is.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Under Communism in Romania this was the first thing we would do when we get to kindergarten and further up school and high school sing Nicolae Ceausescu every day.. with his name praised ...yes like in this song exactly ..Come people open your eyes ...don't you see it ??you are becoming slaves that think they are free .......i see it from a mile away cause i lived it ...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by lisa2012]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

more like bush and his cronies.. but dont say that about the holy bush,
please, this idea stinks like rotten cabbage in the sun

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

Thank you for bringing this up.

It adds a new perspective. North Korea has songs dedicated to their leader.... I think China DID, but I'm not sure if they do anymore....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
reply to post by 2 cents

more like bush and his cronies.. but dont say that about the holy bush,
please, this idea stinks like rotten cabbage in the sun

Come on get out of your left /right box that the PTB put you in. Bush was well on his way to being the next Hitler. He gave the executive branch much, much more power. So our modern dictators will have a R or D after their name and tag team the country every 8 yrs. WAKE UP!!

EDIT: notice how you can't be critical of Bush or Obama without being labeled. Man have they got you people right where they want you. THERE ARE NO REAL PARTIES ANY MORE!

[edit on 24-9-2009 by 2 cents]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

If all US children sang this song every day, then I'd be very concerned. They're likely learning it for a patriotic program or one time presentation. This is not a daily occurrence. And it's ONE school. A group of 12 kids.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Having worked for the last twenty years in the upper echelons of management for some Fortune 500 companies I can state this as fact. Being a white male sure didn't close any doors in my face. It's amazing to me how many people simply do not know how the world works.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
WHY NOW? Why are you upset now?
[Benevolent Heretic]

Again you are correct, I was looking at it since it was a direct reply against what I said along with that quote above that I took it as directed solely at me.

I read that guys posting and I understand that these events have gone on, but I don't think such praises and the context of the words were ever afforded towards President Bush, made to be sung by school children in a public school is what I was getting at. These types of events went on at the public school my son went to on a military base (not a DoD school). They were patriotic, supportive of the troops (we were after all, their parents
) but nothing that singled out specific praises towards President Bush saying how wonderful and great he was.

Now things such as "Give our president strength", "May President Obama have the wisdom and insight" I can deal with these cause they are wishes of good will and not directly talking about how he is single handily saving this country from shambles (which to my knowledge is not really happening).

Patriotic and supportive songs are vastly different in this debate. A song that lifts our support up for the president in a time of great strain is different than singing about his wonderful glorious plans to save our economy, equal pay/equal work stuff. Its the wording and what these children were asked to do that truely bothers me, not that it was about the president.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

really.. to see what the angry peoples agenda about this vid and to disagree shows my agenda?? most of the commie and muslim comments dont show another agenda????.. oh i dont know?? maybe reich wing agenda to get another bushy in the next election?? to discredit dems.. and an angry rant on top of it??

i think someone has been watching too much rush.. and as far as seeming angry.. maybe i am.. but i sure do have good reason to be with all the B.S being talked.. this thread has turned into a anti-obama bashing.
and i think some need to look a little closer as to why they are so hot to trash him.. while i dont agree with all of his plans.. he has some reqally good ideas

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

i have to agree with you 100%.. but there has been so much spewed out that i had to make a few points of my own.. how ever i'm neither party i'm independant.. of course i'll be bashed for supposedly being a liberal.. but i have come to expect that from some.. and that getting out of the box thing, well there are a few here that seem to be sliding to the hard right..

[edit on 24-9-2009 by scorand]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

I know you were not attacking me directly, but I take offensive with anyone that cannot use even the 4% of their brain to make a cognitive statement with some critical thinking.

But let us see how your argument stands up to a test: I am a conservative-libertarian leaning mostly. I have what some call 'right-wing' views.

So thus, with your broad stroke, I have now been placed into your smelting pot of all those evil right-wingers.

You getting the idea here? Cause if not, please review all my posts and point out the hatred I have for Obama? Wait, the comparison to Hitler? No? None? Oh oh oh wait, my racist Klan like comments obviously perpetrated by my hatred for everyone of color in power that I learned from the 'right-wing' doctrine? Hmmmmm....didn't think so.

Please, if you wish to make an attack on a person, be a man and own up to it and attack that person, rather than throwing everyone under the bus cause its the easy thing to do.

Also, if you didn't notice, all the above is what is called wit, usually comes from wisdom, sometimes its natural. Not really sure where it derives on my part...maybe my childish good looks?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Chance321
Sorry, couldn't watch the whole thing,(wanted to puke after the first twenty seconds) The teacher an school board should be beaten if this is the garbage their forcing onto those kids.

oh by the way, i'm sure you feel the same way, when they have to sing the praises of a christian god, a mythical being.
while i feel this shouldn't be done, and this teacher reprimanded, i don't think she should be " beaten"
maybe we can have all the christian teachers "beaten" because they are indoctrinating kids to worship god and if they don't obey, they will be sent to hell...yeah, apparently no problem with that. i consider that garbage, and that has been happening for along time, and no one has the b*lls to stand up to that indoctrination.
i mean, have you ever talked to some of these young people that come around to your house and want to save you in the name of the lord. i've been looking for the armbands and jackboots, but the only thing i've seen are blank smiles, and heard bible verses, no matter what question you ask them.

The difference is that the parents choose to send their kids to a Christian school.

There is no choice here.

Which is precisely why my wife and I sent our kids to a Catholic school grades K through 12. We wanted absolutely nothing to do with "public" education here in Los Angeles, where the advancement of the LAUSD administration was more important than the education of our children.

Best thing we ever did other than conceiving them.

The video reminds me of indoctrination films of Chairman Mao from the 1950's.

Absolutely sickening and a disgrace.

And Jimmyx, who are you to determine whether there is a God or not. State your sources for the non-existance of a God.

I've been reading your posts for quite a while and you're one righteous *$%*&^#*@^! considering your just spouting your opinions. And that's all they are, your opinions.

I spend a good portion of my day around 20 and 30 year olds and most are oblivious to what lies ahead. They don't carry Bibles, they have iphones, and they talk like you. Blah blah blah blah blah.

Sorry Mods.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It seems that "everything old is new again".

Propaganda songs and music have a long and storied history in the PRC and also in Nepal and Pakistan, and they figured prominently in the popular culture of the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. Many of these songs were collected and performed as modern rock adaptations for several albums that were released during the 1990s, including "Red Rock" and "Red Sun: Mao Zedong Praise Songs New Revolutionary Medley". The latter sold 6-10 million copies in China (see the external link on "Rethinking Cultural Revolution Culture"). Most of the older songs praise Mao, the CPC, the 1949 revolution, the Chinese Red Army and the People's Liberation Army, the unity of the ethnic groups of China, and the various ethnic groups' devotion to Mao and the CPC. - excerpted from Wikipedia article: Propaganda in the People's Republic of China

I find it surprising this article/subject still exists on Wikipedia. I expect that it will be reviewed and either severely shortened or expunged altogether in the near future.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

My what a noisy cat we are. Do the words self righteous, judgemental and humorless mean anything to you. There is no god in heaven so get up of of your knees. I don't need to prove it. You can't prove your side either.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
reply to post by lpowell0627

***SORRY THERE CHIEF MODERATOR SIR! Caught up in the moment***

all of the claims against obama are from the right wing repubs.. without question.. so as soon as a school makes a vid like this all of the crap spewed by the right wing.. which has ties to clan ideaology, people who fell for the right wing fearmongering. start singing the same song..(so to speak)

I really didn't want to keep this up but my nature is to just keep digging and poking. How is this not a broad statement towards all right-wing republicans?

Also, you are right...big difference between a critical thinking and someone just being a critic. But by your statement above, ONLY right-wing folks are making a stick about this (or actually asking questions that are valid for debate and discussion) and NO ONE on the left would ever dare make such claims!

There is your difference by the way on what critical thinking is. Looking beyond and seeking out what is said. How it was said and to what context it was said in. Your words were just as vile as those spewed here claiming a Intsa-Hitler connection without verifying facts and also those that have, if there are anyone, race to be an issue, but you seem to want to invoke Kluxers and Reichs just as quickly.

**Quick edit before I fill my brain with more knowledge of the almighty education gods.............HEY! you grew some....nice little dig you added there by the way. Good difussion of what I said and a little weak on the turn around, but bravo none the less. Yes I am talking down to you, but its in a fun loving hateful right-winger type of way.

Anyway, its been fun to all though the discussion of this and debating issues!

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ownbestenemy]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ownbestenemy]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join