It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

If this was in reference to what I stated, then let me clarify since it has been taken issue. I wondered out loud why sing the praises of Obama during Black History Month. Really, doesn't matter to me, but I feel there are far better men/woman that could be honored during the Black History Month stuff then him. I believe it should be taught about how he broke the ultimate barrier perceived, but to celebrate him as the likes of MLK et. al trivializes what Black History Month should be about.

But that is my view and as someone as astutely pointed out, if only they would do it my way

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Quite true, however claiming to have saved our economy

It doesn't claim he saved our economy. Your post had the actual words in it

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

He plans to make our economy strong again. How dare they worship him like that!?!??!

Overall do you think everything controversial should just be kept quiet?

No. I'm not suggesting people keep it quiet. I'm just asking them to put in into context. Kids have been singing songs about the presidents for many years. They sing songs about the country, the flag, the eagle... The symbols of our country... of which the president is one.
It's no different. But all of a sudden, people are outraged about it.

I'm wondering why people, all of a sudden, are so upset. This clearly isn't "indoctrination", even though some like to use that over-emotional word. This isn't a big deal. It has never been a big deal before and that's a question that people have been avoiding all though this thread.

WHY NOW? Why are you upset now?

Thought exercise: If it was a song sang on Presidents day during 2005, claiming Bush liberated Iraq, has kept us safe, etc, etc. and the video leaked, do you think the discussion would have been left to just the parents/kids and the school?

Edit to change my answer. I think those songs were probably sung somewhere. And it never made it to YouTube. Nobody cared!

And the more I think of it, the more it bothers me that some think it's OK because it was during black history month. Why must a song about Obama be relegated to the month when the country celebrates black history??? Why isn't it OK to celebrate this historical president during ANY time of the year? They have history all school year. Why isn't it OK to celebrate the first black president in June???

I don't expect answers to my questions. I'm just thinking "out loud" as it were. But I don't like what I have seen in this thread. It's the hateful insecure part of American society that I just really don't like. It makes me pretty sick. And I'm not talking about the video.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wonder how many vicitms of abortion will be able to sing this song. "I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan. Glad these school children survived to sing...I just wish they knew what they were singing about.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight

This verse is almost word for word out of a Sunday school song "Jesus loves the little children."

Messiah complex anyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
This verse is almost word for word out of a Sunday school song "Jesus loves the little children."

Messiah complex anyone?

Messiah Complex

A messiah complex is a state of mind in which the individual believes he/she is, or is destined to become, a savior.

So... you think Obama wrote this song?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Why blame Obama for this? Do you seriously think the democrats ordered this school class to sing that song? Get real.... If this anything other than some silly thing orchestrated by some unknown teacher, it's more likely to be a propaganda video against Obama rather than for him..

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Shades1035]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm sure it's not his conscious intention, but he is joining some historical leaders with some questionable policies and practices.

A fox foll with over 80000 responses put the disapproval of this at 97%...

We know that Fox swings WAY right sometimes, when they want to, but significant, nonetheless, IMO. As much as I hate fox, it's probably not really likely that we'll see a poll anywhere else about it.

www.foxnews.com...

Personally, I don't like it a bit.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Of course I don't think he wrote it. One of his adoring fans wrote it and obviously isn't beyond some minor plagarization and not so subtle suggestion.

It's just another little symptom of a much larger phenomena.

And yes, I do think he has a messiah complex.

I know......I'm Eeevvillllll. Flame away if you like but I can't get on board with the way people view this guy as anything beyond another self serving political figurehead.

I think this Obama worship thing is beyond politics.

What was the phrase?

"Cult of personality."

[edit on 053030p://f51Thursday by badgerprints]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by piddles

I'm comparing the hitler youth movement to the indoctrination to OUR youths of today.

to which there is NO COMPARISON. Hitler's youth were kids taught to hate and fight anything not aryan

these kids are singing a stupid song about a black guy that they probably don't even care about.

What harm can possibly come from this?, after all.. those fun loving nazis were just a political party, with a leader so cool children sang about him.. history shows us this it might be fascist, but kids cant spell, so its ok.

..and if party leader democrat is cool enough to sing about, where are the Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'reilly singing children? or.. for the terrorist kids.. the Ron Paul 'end the fed' drill team?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
ahh except for a few i see a lot of people have fallen prey to the reich wing obama haters schtick.. the holier than thou group that demands that you bow to their religous idealolgy by hook or crook.. these fearmongering yahoos are falling for the oldest trick in the book.. look back at history they pull this crap out of their butts. and claim that obamas a this and a that.. when its obvious that there is respect for a black man.( reguardless of the fact that he is mixed.. whites still see him as black) made it to be president.. and most of the rhetoric definatly falls under the same crap that the clan was harping about for so many years. and the sad thing is there are several who dont claim to fall under the reich wing cult. are falling for the crap these people are spewing..

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Can someone please provide a list of all of the songs that PUBLIC SCHOOL CHILDREN have sung about specific, named Presidents?

And yes, there is a song naming all of the Presidents, but that's obviously not the same as one entire song dedicated to and praising ONE President.

And no, a Jesus Camp doesn't count -- this is private and paid for and can sing whatever the heck they want to according to the law.

Some points made:

1. Public schools are sub-par

What does this have to do with anything? So long as a school is public, and taxpayer dollars go to fund it, the quality of the school is not relevant in what can and can not be taught or participated in by students in said school!

2. People are suddenly upset?

I can assure you that if a PUBLIC SCHOOL sang a song about Bush (you sent us to war so we could be safe, but now I say 'no' we can take no more! Fa la la la la....) everybody would be just as outraged. If it happened already and I just don't know about it, please include it in this discussion.

3. Private Schools / Cherry-picked schools / public schools / Charter schools are all the same.

They are not the same and are not governed the same. Public schools MUST follow the law. The rest don't have to (as long as each student takes the mandatory testing). Why don't the rest? Because any school, other than public, is optional. If you don't like what the private school is doing, you can go elsewhere. The same theory does not work in reverse.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
ahh except for a few i see a lot of people have fallen prey to the reich wing obama haters schtick.. the holier than thou group that demands that you bow to their religous idealolgy by hook or crook..

There are laws separating church and state for a reason. I've not seen one person say that this should be reversed.

when its obvious that there is respect for a black man.( reguardless of the fact that he is mixed.. whites still see him as black) made it to be president.. and most of the rhetoric definatly falls under the same crap that the clan was harping about for so many years. and the sad thing is there are several who dont claim to fall under the reich wing cult. are falling for the crap these people are spewing..

I am as against singing about WHITE PRESIDENTS as I am singing about black ones.

Stop trying to turn this into a racial issue when NOT ONCE has anyone even mentioned the problem being that he's black. (other than the school saying it was for Black History Month).

Why don't you stop buying into the craziness that all conservatives, anyone against Obama, all Republicans, are suddenly spewing KKK nonsense. I see that MSM has gotten to you as well.....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
S&F.

Wow. If not for this reply, I would be speechless.

I've said it before in previous posts....and I'm not a very religious person. However, RELIGION IS GONE FROM SCHOOLS YET POLITICS RUN RAMPANT....

Again, I would be disgusted if this were a song for Bush or any other standing president. It is not the job of our educators to spread political propagand. Politics start at home, it's my job to educate my children on the ways of the world as I see fit. It is not the job of a largely liberal education system. Shameful.

Funniest part, as I'm watching cable news, the response is that "this was from Black History Month".....Wait a minute, Black History Month, that's February, right? LOL, what a joke.....less than 30 days into the Messiah's presidency, he commands this sort of praise? It's hilariously sad. Barry's record-less record speaks volumes about what he hasn't done. The song is indeed factually incorrect on many levels.......do I need to point them out?

Appalling to say the least. You know quite well that if this was done for anyone other than a liberal democrat, heads would be rolling and jobs would be lost.......

That's my $0.02

Oh yeah, one more penny.....as far as the lyrics "to make this country strong again". To imply to a young American that our country is weak angers me to no end. Last time I checked, we were still the most powerful country on the planet.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

Come on. Cowboy up with something more coherent than angry babble and RACISM.

That's all we knuckle dragging evil taxpayers get get nowdays from the enlightened Obama fans.

Didn't like the stimulus = racists

Voted for a republican = racists

not for government controlled healthcare = racists

don't like children being taught to sing praises to a POLITICAL FIGURE =racist

Get a new argument.

That word has lost all meaning.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

**EDITED FOR ADDITION**

**Please provide the link that shows a story similar to this one for any of the past SITTING presidents. Not Jesus Camp, not a private school, but a public school doing so. Its easy to claim, well.....no one cared..that is just a plain BS argument knowing very well, considering the political climate for the past 20 years there would be something somewhere documented.**

Last post in this thread unless something drastically changes. When have I ever claimed the kids were being indoctrinated? When have I stated it is ONLY okay to sing such a song in February rather than any other time of the month. Seems you have taken some things to pick at and develop a point that was never to be made.

I question things such as Black History Month merely for the fact that you have stated, why only that month. Why not just have an overall respect no matter the time of year? But my statements that you have so far manipulated to prove your point, I do not argue or state solely that it is ONLY okay during the month of February.

I do state that I find it okay to sing a song during that time.....and maybe I should have made use of the 'edit' button to correct it to fully state that I would find no problem if a song that recognizes the significance towards Black History and our country included President Obama in maybe a more tactful fashion than what these children were made to perform. Teaching them the importance is a bit different than having them (If truly the vid was in Feb) sing high praises about PLANS (as so you have pointed out) to bring our economy to full swing again just merely 6 months after he has been sitting behind the Oval Office desk. You do not find that a bit odd? Maybe shooting the gun a bit? Its one thing to have hope, its another to just blindly hope that everything will be okay.

My grievances reside with the what public schools think is and isn't okay.
My grievances are the fact that people cannot critically analyze a situation and apply some brain power and think beyond the initial knee jerk reaction. I will be the first to admit though, sometimes, it just comes out....we are after all human...at least, majority of us.

You want to debate my ideas, my thoughts, my ability to ask questions even if I am fully 100% in support of certain things and not of others, but I still have the frame of mind to ask and find out more, then so be it. You want to start making things personal that is when I just dip out because I am not here to defend myself, but rather defend, expand, justify, learn, critically think and analyze my thoughts.

You sir have a good day nitpicking and making mountains out of mole hills. My arguments stand as I do not back down from what I say. They are not mean spirited, nor hurtful to anyone. They are questions that seek answers.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ownbestenemy]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BeavX

You bring up a good point.

The lyrics are the OPINION of whomever wrote the song. They are far from fact as it stands now. Which is exactly what changes it from being a song about a President to a song praising a President.

I for one would back off if the entire song was simply a tribute to him becoming the first black President. I think that IS worthy of a song, is not politically skewed, and is actually fact .

[edit on 24-9-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Im breaking my rule of not posting till the mood changes, but this sir/ma'am is an excellent point!

People keep talking about context of the video, but what about the context of the song itself?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

all of the claims against obama are from the right wing repubs.. without question.. so as soon as a school makes a vid like this all of the crap spewed by the right wing.. which has ties to clan ideaology, people who fell for the right wing fearmongering. start singing the same song..(so to speak)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

That is a pretty broad statement there. Maybe people in general are just more aware? Starting to look into things that have been going on in public schools far longer than this said incident?

If you wish to add to the discussion, then please do, I am sure not only I, but others here would like to hear your arguments pro/con in this.

"The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions." ~ Claude Levi-Strauss

**EDIT** And if a video arises with clan-ideology in the form of this right-wing faction you speak of, I am sure I will be the first to point it out good sir

[edit on 24-9-2009 by ownbestenemy]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

angry babble????.. interesting.. the history of the clan, all of its docturine has reared its ugly head in the right wing... do some comparisions with this . since so many seem to want to make comparisions with obama, hitler, stalin. and what not...

remember people in glass houses shouldnt cast stones

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join